KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » ........vs Superman without his weaknesses

........vs Superman without his weaknesses
Started by: lawest9

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (32): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
darthgoober

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Starscream M
anytime is fine...I'm not familiar with the format and rules of a bz though

Here's a link(the Battlezone section is last)...

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f105/t509723.html

And anytime is good for me too. I'm currently sitting on nearly 2,000 scans of Surfer I was organizing for another revamp on his respect thread so we can start tonight if you're up for it(but I figure you'll want to take your time and prepare, which is fine).

BTW what kind of stipulations are you looking for? We can just do Surfer vs Supes, Surfer vs Supes as in this thread(no red sun or k-nite), or just Surfer vs Supes with no weakness exploitation, it doesn't really matter to me cause Surfer wins the majority in any of them.

did goober disappear on me right after I accepted?

Power surge. Had to let my computer restart.

Old Post Dec 31st, 2009 05:00 AM
darthgoober is currently offline Click here to Send darthgoober a Private Message Find more posts by darthgoober Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kgkg
Vigilante

Originally posted by Naija boy
Because of the people involved not necessarily the characters........no disrespect to starscream.......
Ahh I would love to see a Superman without his weaknesses exploit vs Surfer bz.

Stay Thirsty, My Friends.

Old Post Dec 31st, 2009 05:00 AM
kgkg is currently offline Click here to Send kgkg a Private Message Find more posts by kgkg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Naija boy

Originally posted by kgkg
Ahh I would love to see a Superman without his weaknesses exploit vs Surfer bz.

yeah i would to.

All thanks goes to starlock.
"Beware trolls, know me and know fear"

Old Post Dec 31st, 2009 05:02 AM
Naija boy is currently offline Click here to Send Naija boy a Private Message Find more posts by Naija boy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Starscream M

Originally posted by darthgoober
Here's a link(the Battlezone section is last)...

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f105/t509723.html

And anytime is good for me too. I'm currently sitting on nearly 2,000 scans of Surfer I was organizing for another revamp on his respect thread so we can start tonight if you're up for it(but I figure you'll want to take your time and prepare, which is fine).

BTW what kind of stipulations are you looking for? We can just do Surfer vs Supes, Surfer vs Supes as in this thread(no red sun or k-nite), or just Surfer vs Supes with no weakness exploitation, it doesn't really matter to me cause Surfer wins the majority in any of them.
yeah, I would like to maybe have a week's time to leisurely study the necessary material

One stipulation I would propose: any feat or power used must have been demonstrated in at least 3 occasions (otherwise, it's barred)

I would like to do a Superman vs Surfer (anything goes, but all in character) match

Defacto Leader of the KMC VS Resistance Movement

Old Post Dec 31st, 2009 05:03 AM
Starscream M is currently offline Click here to Send Starscream M a Private Message Find more posts by Starscream M Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthgoober

yeah, I would like to maybe have a week's time to leisurely study the necessary material

One stipulation I would propose: any feat or power used must have been demonstrated in at least 3 occasions (otherwise, it's barred)

I would like to do a Superman vs Surfer (anything goes, but all in character) match

I'm good with most stipulations, but Supes's appearance count is probably more than 3 times as high as Surfer's(even with Pre Crisis tossed out) and Surfer has a far more diverse powerset to demonstrate in each issue so I'll most likely reject the feat number stip unless you're talking about broad spectrum rather than repeating individual/specific feats.

Old Post Dec 31st, 2009 05:09 AM
darthgoober is currently offline Click here to Send darthgoober a Private Message Find more posts by darthgoober Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Starscream M

I'm good with most stipulations, but Supes's appearance count is 3 times as high as Surfer's(even with Pre Crisis tossed out) and Surfer has a far more diverse powerset to demonstrate in each issue so I'll most likely reject the feat number stip unless you're talking about broad spectrum rather than repeating individual/specific feats.
ok, how bout the feat/power must've been used at least twice. I don't like off-the wall one time powers that often just may have occurred due to ignorant writing.

Old Post Dec 31st, 2009 05:11 AM
Starscream M is currently offline Click here to Send Starscream M a Private Message Find more posts by Starscream M Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthgoober

ok, how bout the feat/power must've been used at least twice. I don't like off-the wall one time powers that often just may have occurred due to ignorant writing.

There's a difference between feats and powers so you'll have to come up with some examples of what you mean. If you mean that I have to show Surfer using something like offensive transmutation or internal energy manipulating twice in combat that's fine, if you mean he has to use the exact same technique in each instance it penalizes Surfer for having an open ended powerset which I'm not cool with(since his open ended powerset factors into why I see him winning anything but a h2h scenereo between the two). That's why I said it would be an ok stip in broad spectrum but not on an individual feat basis.

Old Post Dec 31st, 2009 05:20 AM
Starscream M

There's a difference between feats and powers so you'll have to come up with some examples of what you mean. If you mean that I have to show Surfer using something like offensive transmutation or internal energy manipulating twice in combat that's fine, if you mean he has to use the exact same technique in each instance it penalizes Surfer for having an open ended powerset which I'm not cool with(since his open ended powerset factors into why I see him winning anything but a h2h scenereo between the two). That's why I said it would be an ok stip in broad spectrum but not on an individual feat basis.
it doesn't have to be two exact feats

ie, if you show Surfer transmuting a pig and later on transmuting a horse...then its accepted he can transmute organic matter

or if you show him curving his blasts on two different (ie not in the same comic) occasions, then I'll accept it.

mostly, the 2 instance rule will apply to pre-modern surfer feats (before the 90s). feats after the 90s (or some other time we agree upon) are ok even if they occurred only once.

you have an advantage in that you can pull alot of feats from the hyperbolic age of comics, whereas for superman, those feats are not usable. I'd like to fight on equal ground.

Old Post Dec 31st, 2009 05:24 AM
quanchi112
Disney

ie, if you show Surfer transmuting a pig and later on transmuting a horse...then its accepted he can transmute organic matter

or if you show him curving his blasts on two different (ie not in the same comic) occasions, then I'll accept it.

mostly, the 2 instance rule will apply to pre-modern surfer feats (before the 90s). feats after the 90s (or some other time we agree upon) are ok even if they occurred only once.

you have an advantage in that you can pull alot of feats from the hyperbolic age of comics, whereas for superman, those feats are not usable. I'd like to fight on equal ground.
Superman still has more appearances so it's not equal ground by any stretch of the imagination. Superman appears in pretty much every major crossover and has how many monthly titles? You think this is fair for the Surfer?

My bad. I thought you said he couldn't use anything pre 90's.

Last edited by quanchi112 on Dec 31st, 2009 at 05:32 AM

Old Post Dec 31st, 2009 05:26 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthgoober

Well then yeah as long as you're not talking about exact feats I'm cool with that.

Old Post Dec 31st, 2009 05:28 AM
Starscream M

Well then yeah as long as you're not talking about exact feats I'm cool with that.
ok cool

for our 3 judges, I'd like to nominate: Avlon, Pr, and Philosophia

are you ok with that?

Old Post Dec 31st, 2009 05:34 AM
quanchi112
Disney

ok cool

are you ok with that?
laughing out loud

Old Post Dec 31st, 2009 05:35 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
big juggy man

Have you people noticed that Dc comic fans, Incredible Hulk fans and Thor fans are the worse fanboys here? Superman loses the majority to each of these people

Old Post Dec 31st, 2009 05:38 AM
big juggy man is currently offline Click here to Send big juggy man a Private Message Find more posts by big juggy man Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthgoober

ok cool

are you ok with that?

laughing out loud

I was actually going to suggest a "Judges Wanted" match.

Old Post Dec 31st, 2009 05:39 AM
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

Originally posted by big juggy man
Have you people noticed that Dc comic fans, Incredible Hulk fans and Thor fans are the worse fanboys here? Superman loses the majority to each of these people

Not true. Every character has fanboys of varying degrees of insanity.

JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by big juggy man
Who are you again?

Starscream M

laughing out loud

I was actually going to suggest a "Judges Wanted" match.
its actually pretty hard to select judges for this match: as most people have made up their minds one way or the other.

Old Post Dec 31st, 2009 05:41 AM
darthgoober

its actually pretty hard to select judges for this match: as most people have made up their minds one way or the other.

That's why I suggested a Judges Wanted match. It's an actual matchtype described at the end of the Battlezone rules.

Old Post Dec 31st, 2009 05:43 AM
Starscream M

That's why I suggested a Judges Wanted match. It's an actual matchtype described at the end of the Battlezone rules.
I don't think that's a good idea...it opens up room for trolling and spamming. I'd rather have a defined number of judges who I know will actually read the debate.

on second thought, I guess I would be ok with a judges wanted match.

Old Post Dec 31st, 2009 05:44 AM
darthgoober

I don't think that's a good idea...it opens up room for trolling and spamming. I'd rather have a defined number of judges who I know will actually read the debate.

on second thought, I guess I would be ok with a judges wanted match.

No one else is allowed to post until the match is over. Socking is always a risk of course, but the restrictions on eligable judges keeps if from being to big of a deal.

Old Post Dec 31st, 2009 05:48 AM