KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » ........vs Superman without his weaknesses

........vs Superman without his weaknesses
Started by: lawest9

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (32): « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 10 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
quanchi112
Disney

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Starscream M
no...not saying thats his standard capability...but just saying he's known to pull things outta his ass when needed.

essentially, that is Superman's best power...that separates him from other heralds...it's his ability to perservere and succeed, no matter the odds or situation.

Just like why Captain America is arguably one of the most effective heroes on the Avengers despite others being smarter or far more powerful. Cap is just bread and butter, he's effective. Superman is like the herald Captain America.
It's what all heroes do not just Superman. This might be the worst reasoning I have ever heard. Superman wins because he's Superman. I guess in hero vs. villain threads heroes win because they do in comics. Context be damned.

Superman like most other great heroes persevere and do so with a ton of aid varying from one story to the next.
it works in comics. that's how hulk always ends up holding his own against Thor even though thor has way more powers and Hulk only has his fists. Rulk even owned thor with just fists. so don't underestimate the power of the FIST!
Rulk owned Thor with Thor's hammer. laughing out loud

It's not PIS if it happens over and over again. Even in the recent animated movie, Mindless Hulk was easily overpowering Thor.

KMC members may not be happy with it, but the writers and editors DO intend that Hulk is at least on par, if not superior, to Thor in combat.

And in the end, that matters more imo than what KMC members hold to be true.
That has nothing to do with how they are portrayed in comics. In comics Thor fights Hulk's game and still doesn't go down to a monster with healing abilities out the ass and an continued strength increase not using his best abilities.

Marvel doesn't want to give one a clean win over the other because it's a business bottom line and both sides have dedicated fan bases. If Thor uses his best abilities he stomps him. If he swings his hammer at the Hulk the Hulk still hasn't even one fighting Thor at Hulk's own game.

Ps.Thor ko'd the Hulk before though it was brief with a lightning blast.

Old Post Dec 31st, 2009 11:00 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lawest9

Originally posted by quanchi112
It's what all heroes do not just Superman. This might be the worst reasoning I have ever heard. Superman wins because he's Superman. I guess in hero vs. villain threads heroes win because they do in comics. Context be damned.

Superman like most other great heroes persevere and do so with a ton of aid varying from one story to the next. Rulk owned Thor with Thor's hammer. laughing out loud

That has nothing to do with how they are portrayed in comics. In comics Thor fights Hulk's game and still doesn't go down to a monster with healing abilities out the ass and an continued strength increase not using his best abilities.

Marvel doesn't want to give one a clean win over the other because it's a business bottom line and both sides have dedicated fan bases. If Thor uses his best abilities he stomps him. If he swings his hammer at the Hulk the Hulk still hasn't even one fighting Thor at Hulk's own game.

Ps.Thor ko'd the Hulk before though it was brief with a lightning blast.
Still................circumstances have to be taken into account here.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2010 01:46 AM
lawest9 is currently offline Click here to Send lawest9 a Private Message Find more posts by lawest9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Naija boy
Err....surfer will immediately sense the energy within superman. And what do u mean by come up with a way to absorb days worth of solar energy? Surfer is an energy absorber he will simply draw the energy out of him. Ur attempt to make it seem like it is a long process in which he will have to figure out the complex process of absorption is really reaching and grasping at straws. I never said it will take miliseconds, but it will certainly be alot faster than superman going up to punch surfer since, surfer doesnt even have to be close to superman(or within cqc range) in order to absorb the energy and it can be done extremely quickly.

Actually it is invalid because whether or not its the best example of superman being drained is just irrelevant. Ruin is nowhere near surfers level in regards to energy manip (output,capacity,skilletc). And so to use superman resisting from a highly inferior energy manipulator to suggest that surfer will fail is completely faulty and has no bearings here.

tbh, i'm just not gonna reply, cos i can see our opinions of surfer differ a hell of a lot.

and you missed the point of my actual post too.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2010 02:52 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Naija boy

Originally posted by -Pr-

and you missed the point of my actual post too.

I highly doubt that as the language used was pretty self explanatory, but to each his own.

All thanks goes to starlock.
"Beware trolls, know me and know fear"

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2010 03:17 AM
Naija boy is currently offline Click here to Send Naija boy a Private Message Find more posts by Naija boy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Starscream M

I highly doubt that as the language used was pretty self explanatory, but to each his own.
surfer can't suck energy if superman is blitzing him at near lightspeed.

Defacto Leader of the KMC VS Resistance Movement

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2010 03:19 AM
Starscream M is currently offline Click here to Send Starscream M a Private Message Find more posts by Starscream M Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Naija boy

surfer can't suck energy if superman is blitzing him at near lightspeed.

Surfer is more than fast enough to react to superman and engage him in battle and once again, Absorbing supermans energy which can be done with a wave of the hand AND from a distance can be activated much quicker than superman flying up to surfer to punch him.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2010 03:23 AM
Naija boy is currently offline Click here to Send Naija boy a Private Message Find more posts by Naija boy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Starscream M

Surfer is more than fast enough to react to superman and engage him in battle and once again, Absorbing supermans energy which can be done with a wave of the hand AND from a distance can be activated much quicker than superman flying up to surfer to punch him.
I don't believe that. if he could, then he would be unbeatable...which is clearly not the case.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2010 03:25 AM
Starscream M is currently offline Click here to Send Starscream M a Private Message Find more posts by Starscream M Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Naija boy

I don't believe that. if he could, then he would be unbeatable...which is clearly not the case.

What the heck does that even mean? First of all he has shown to be able to absorb energy(as well as perform many other things simultaneously) with a mere gesture and so that is a fact. Secondly what do u mean it would make him unbeatable? Against the likes of who?

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2010 03:29 AM
Starscream M

What the heck does that even mean? First of all he has shown to be able to absorb energy(as well as perform many other things simultaneously) with a mere gesture and so that is a fact. Secondly what do u mean it would make him unbeatable? Against the likes of who?
Anyone. Everyone sustains themselves through energy in one form or another.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2010 03:32 AM
Naija boy

Anyone. Everyone sustains themselves through energy in one form or another.

That is flat out ridiculous. There there are numerous non-energy powered beings in comics . Secod of all there are energy manipulators on a higher level than surfer so ur entire line of logic is completely faulty.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2010 03:36 AM
Trackz

supes orobably wins all three, it's not really in surfers character to drain life energies which could potentially kill superman, superman probably takes it more often than not.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2010 03:49 AM
Trackz is currently offline Click here to Send Trackz a Private Message Find more posts by Trackz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Naija boy

Originally posted by Trackz
supes orobably wins all three, it's not really in surfers character to drain life energies which could potentially kill superman, superman probably takes it more often than not.

Aside the fact that he has done so on numerous occasions, and the fact that he doesnt need to even do that to win, these matches are bloodlusted and so he wont care about killing superman.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2010 03:52 AM
manx422
Restricted

Account Restricted

supes wins all three

Credit goes 2 starlock

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2010 06:06 AM
manx422 is currently offline Click here to Send manx422 a Private Message Find more posts by manx422 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Where are you getting unbeatable from? They are saying he can do so to Superman and the time it takes to pull something off is similar to someone blasting Superman which happens all the time.

Originally posted by lawest9
Still................circumstances have to be taken into account here.
Such as?

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2010 12:27 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sasaraixx

With no weakness exploit . . .

1. Superman would beat CM 8/10.

2. Superman would win 3-4/10 against SS.

3. Superman would beat Hal 5.5/10.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2010 12:57 PM
Sasaraixx is currently offline Click here to Send Sasaraixx a Private Message Find more posts by Sasaraixx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Prof. T.C McAbe
Kryptonian Scientist

Re: ........vs Superman without his weaknesses

1. CM's magic already isn't much of a factor. Without his magic weakness. Superman 5-6/10 otherwise 5/10

2. Surfer can't drain Superman as fast as he would need to and Superman won't wait all the time. Superman 6-7/10

3. Prior to IC I would have said they are about even. But seeing how Prime dealt with GLs, even Hal, and Supes being almost if not exactly Superboy-Primes (without amp) equal if Bloodlusted. Superman 7/10

Sig made by my mate, the one and only One_Angry_Scot

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2010 01:10 PM
Prof. T.C McAbe is currently offline Click here to Send Prof. T.C McAbe a Private Message Find more posts by Prof. T.C McAbe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Batman-Prime
1. CM's magic already isn't much of a factor. Without his magic weakness. Superman 5-6/10 otherwise 5/10

2. Surfer can't drain Superman as fast as he would need to and Superman won't wait all the time. Superman 6-7/10

3. Prior to IC I would have said they are about even. But seeing how Prime dealt with GLs, even Hal, and Supes being almost if not exactly Superboy-Primes (without amp) equal if Bloodlusted. Superman 7/10

2.Surfer can inflict damage while doing so. It's not like he doesn't have options or isn't powerful enough to beat him straight up anyways.

3. How is Superman equal to Prime when we have seen him easily deal with Superman and be on a completely different level.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2010 04:11 PM
UniOmni
Outrageously Dickish

Re: Re: ........vs Superman without his weaknesses

Originally posted by h1a8
Without magical weaknesses
1. This is an easy fight for Superman. Even if they are the same strength Superman has other extra powers.

2. IMO, SS would lose. Superman would take it to him physically.

3. Hal may win this if he is at his best. IDK about this one though.
All I know is that Superman can busted through his contructs I believe. If Hal duplicates himself multiple times then he easily wins.

So just to clarify, Superman EASILY beats Marvel because he has more powers, tho their physical brawn is similar.

Yet Surfer loses to Superman, even though he's got WAY more powers, and similar brawn(Superman wins the armwrestling but i doubt he'd sneeze at a punch from Surfer)?

Contradict yourself much?

You're not even trying to present a logical argument.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2010 04:31 PM
UniOmni is currently offline Click here to Send UniOmni a Private Message Find more posts by UniOmni Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

Originally posted by UniOmni
So just to clarify, Superman EASILY beats Marvel because he has more powers, tho their physical brawn is similar.

Yet Surfer loses to Superman, even though he's got WAY more powers, and similar brawn(Superman wins the armwrestling but i doubt he'd sneeze at a punch from Surfer)?

Also wtf at Surfer getting physically tooled, but Hal having a chance...

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2010 04:34 PM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

Originally posted by Blanket
Also wtf at Surfer getting physically tooled, but Hal having a chance...
I envision Hal duplicating himself many fold. Plus Hal can copy Superman's powers.

Originally posted by UniOmni

I would only be contradicting myself if I felt SS and Superman were peers in the physical department. I don't but actually feel that Superman is much much stronger than SS and much much more faster and skilled in h2h than SS. Thus the combo to ko is imminent.

Also way more powers could be a detriment as well as an advantage. It is a detriment when one doesn't have much time to decide which power to use. It is an advantage when one has the time to figure out which power to use.

Superman's powers are simply yet sweet, easy to manage and highly efficient and effective.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2010 08:13 PM
h1a8 is currently offline Click here to Send h1a8 a Private Message Find more posts by h1a8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote