KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Communications » News & Questions » Computer Help Forum » Computer question

Computer question
Started by: snoopdogg

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
snoopdogg
Big Pimpin

Computer question

I am trying to figure out how to view the vidoes I record with my cell phone on my computer. When I plug my micro SD card into the slot on my tower it finds the files but when I try to view my videos it says it cannot play the file. It will let me view photos however. Does anybody know what I can do to view these files?

"I am not afraid of the dark the dark's afraid of me"

Old Post Dec 31st, 2009 03:04 AM
snoopdogg is currently offline Click here to Send snoopdogg a Private Message Find more posts by snoopdogg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

quote: (post)
Originally posted by snoopdogg
I am trying to figure out how to view the vidoes I record with my cell phone on my computer. When I plug my micro SD card into the slot on my tower it finds the files but when I try to view my videos it says it cannot play the file. It will let me view photos however. Does anybody know what I can do to view these files?

...download new video codecs.

Old Post Dec 31st, 2009 03:57 AM
LanceWindu is currently offline Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Chances are likely you just need to convert the video to a different file format. Phones don't necessarily use the same formats.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Dec 31st, 2009 04:20 AM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Re: Computer question

What kind of video file is it? AVI, MPEG-4, MOV, RM etc etc etc etc

RightClick-Properties, will let you know, if you have 'hide file extensions' set.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Dec 31st, 2009 08:00 AM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AsbestosFlaygon
The Original One

Download Shark007's Vista Codec Pack

http://shark007.net/vistacodecpackage.html

This works for XP/Vista.
Once installed, you can play virtually any media file with any video player, even with the default Windows Media Player!

He also has a separate installer for Windows 7.

"Farewell, Damos... Ash, Pikachu... And you. All of my beloved." -- Arceus

Old Post Dec 31st, 2009 11:15 AM
AsbestosFlaygon is currently offline Click here to Send AsbestosFlaygon a Private Message Find more posts by AsbestosFlaygon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by AsbestosFlaygon

This works for XP/Vista.
Once installed, you can play virtually any media file with any video player, even with the default Windows Media Player!

I usually use K-lite (the mega version), that codec package looks great though. Barring there's no adware.

Old Post Dec 31st, 2009 08:22 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
snoopdogg
Big Pimpin

Thanks for the info. But I do have another issue that just came up. When I turned my computer on the other day a message popped up saying it cannot load my user profile and that a temporary one was created. It won't let me access my documents and stuff. Anybody have any suggestions?

Old Post Jan 1st, 2010 04:23 PM
snoopdogg is currently offline Click here to Send snoopdogg a Private Message Find more posts by snoopdogg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
snoopdogg
Big Pimpin

Originally posted by Robtard
What kind of video file is it? AVI, MPEG-4, MOV, RM etc etc etc etc

RightClick-Properties, will let you know, if you have 'hide file extensions' set.
I think they are 3g2 files.

Old Post Jan 1st, 2010 06:32 PM
AsbestosFlaygon
The Original One

Originally posted by Robtard
I usually use K-lite (the mega version), that codec package looks great though. Barring there's no adware.

I used K-crap before switching to Shark007's Codec Pack.

Beware though, 'cause some anti-virus software will detect his installer as an unwanted software, simply because he uses AutoIt for the codec pack.

He has addressed this to ESET (developers of NOD32 AV.. you can read more about this issue in his website), but ESET dismissed his request and instead blamed the customers for the 'wrong configuration'.

But anyways, stick to the codec pack where you feel most comfortable with.

Thanks for the info. But I do have another issue that just came up. When I turned my computer on the other day a message popped up saying it cannot load my user profile and that a temporary one was created. It won't let me access my documents and stuff. Anybody have any suggestions?

Seems to me someone has hacked into your PC, or your PC is infected with malware!

Do you use a firewall for your PC? Make sure it's turned on, even the Windows Firewall will do.

Are you using Windows XP?

Download MalwareBytes' Anti-Malware and do a full scan.. if it detects any malware, be sure to let MBAM clean it.

http://fileforum.betanews.com/detai...re/1186760019/1

If all else fails, use ComboFix.. It works for XP only.

http://www.combofix.org/

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2010 12:34 PM
AsbestosFlaygon is currently offline Click here to Send AsbestosFlaygon a Private Message Find more posts by AsbestosFlaygon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
snoopdogg
Big Pimpin

I'm using Windows Vista. Somebody told me to try a system restore and low and behold so far so good it worked.

BTW how do you tell if your firewall is on?

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2010 03:32 PM
Darth Vicious

Originally posted by AsbestosFlaygon

This works for XP/Vista.

Will try this for W7. I have some great ones for Xp but they dont work for 7. Thanks.

"A lie, Mr. Mulder, is most convincingly hidden between two truths." Deep Throat.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2010 05:43 PM
Darth Vicious is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Vicious a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Vicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AsbestosFlaygon
The Original One

I'm using Windows Vista. Somebody told me to try a system restore and low and behold so far so good it worked.

BTW how do you tell if your firewall is on?

Sorry, I can't address you with your problem.

I made the transition from XP to 7, and skipped Vista.

But I think it is very similar to Win7.

Does it also have an Action Center in the System tray (the small flag icon you see next to the clock in the right of the taskbar)?
Open the Action Center, and check whether the built-in Windows Firewall is off or on.. if it isn't called Action Center, then it's Security Center.

Or you can use another software firewall for Vista, if you prefer.. like ZoneAlarm or Outpost.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2010 06:46 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

I only used Vista for about a month before switching to Win7, but it could be similar to XP, if it doesn't have the Action Center like Win7. If so, it should in be your control panel.

Old Post Jan 6th, 2010 09:29 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

I think they are 3g2 files.

QuickTime should play it, as well as the VLC player. Both free for Windows.

If you load the K-lite Codec pack into your Windows Media Player, it should play 3g2 files too, or you could try the Sharks007 codec pack, as posted above. This is if you don't want another individual player on your comp.

Old Post Jan 6th, 2010 09:35 PM
Dominic EX
We are the World!

So far, I used Quicktime to view 3gp videos.

If yours is not 3gp, mp4 instead. Just download k-lite codec pack or CCCP.
Install it and use Media Player Classic to view the videos.

Old Post Apr 5th, 2010 07:21 AM
Dominic EX is currently offline Click here to Send Dominic EX a Private Message Find more posts by Dominic EX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote