KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Harry Potter » Is Harry Potter Gay?

Is Harry Potter Gay?
Started by: xXkellieXx

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
roughrider
Thunderer

If you are talking about the book & film series in general, then Yes.
Harry Potter is gay. stick out tongue

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Nov 20th, 2010 12:41 AM
roughrider is online now! Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Then why does he marry Ginny and have kids?

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2010 09:43 AM
Rogue Jedi is currently offline Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
the ninjak
FRINGE Division

He's Bi.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2010 12:27 PM
the ninjak is currently offline Click here to Send the ninjak a Private Message Find more posts by the ninjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
siriuswriter

look, jk already came out and told us dumbles was gay - which, to me, was much much much more of a shock than if she had come out and said harry were gay. david thewlis [prof. lupin] has said he always thought remus was gay...
JK is honest with da fans. Harry's not gay. Sorry.

It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2010 01:09 AM
siriuswriter is currently offline Click here to Send siriuswriter a Private Message Find more posts by siriuswriter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Brittanyy11

I don't think Harry Potter is gay because he likes Ginny Weasley. Why would people think he is gay?

Old Post Nov 29th, 2010 11:21 PM
Brittanyy11 is currently offline Click here to Send Brittanyy11 a Private Message Find more posts by Brittanyy11 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Brittanyy11
I don't think Harry Potter is gay because he likes Ginny Weasley. Why would people think he is gay?
It's almost always people who hate the series in general. You should see the bullshit they post in the Movie versus Forum.

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post Dec 1st, 2010 01:32 AM
Rogue Jedi is currently offline Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
maham

He loves Ginny, had a relationship with Cho Chang. How could he be gay? This is just another stupid speculation about natural inclination of a famous character just cuz it's famous.

Old Post Dec 10th, 2010 04:11 PM
maham is currently offline Click here to Send maham a Private Message Find more posts by maham Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rapscallion

Originally posted by maham
He loves Ginny, had a relationship with Cho Chang. How could he be gay?

Because obviously no gay man has ever been in a relationship with a woman or been in love with a woman... confused

Old Post Dec 10th, 2010 09:18 PM
Rapscallion is currently offline Click here to Send Rapscallion a Private Message Find more posts by Rapscallion Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
Then why does he marry Ginny and have kids?

Originally posted by maham
He loves Ginny, had a relationship with Cho Chang. How could he be gay? This is just another stupid speculation about natural inclination of a famous character just cuz it's famous.

See:
(please log in to view the image)

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Last edited by Robtard on Dec 11th, 2010 at 12:06 AM

Old Post Dec 11th, 2010 12:01 AM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
seoinlosangeles

Considerably, the post is actually the best on this notable topic. I harmonize with your conclusions and will thirstily look forward to your future updates. I will at once grab your rss feed to stay privy of any updates. Authentic work and much success in your business endeavors!

Old Post Jul 15th, 2011 09:38 AM
seoinlosangeles is currently offline Click here to Send seoinlosangeles a Private Message Find more posts by seoinlosangeles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
knight
AFL1-3603

I think this topic is Gay... (Dik Head)

Only the mentality of a Numpty! to start a post such as this... Get Real

Old Post Jul 16th, 2011 03:25 PM
knight is currently offline Click here to Send knight a Private Message Find more posts by knight Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
maxman1180
Restricted

Account Restricted

definitely NOOO..

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2011 12:17 PM
maxman1180 is currently offline Click here to Send maxman1180 a Private Message Find more posts by maxman1180 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bigon
Clown

He does keep describing Draco Malfoy in ways that indicate sexual attraction, such as noticing when Draco's face is flushed or his eyes are sparkling. A budding heterosexual never notices other boys in that way. And he takes to stalking Malfoy for a period during their sixth year. Furthermore, when he sees Voldemort in memories by means of Dumbledore's Pensieve he subjects the reader to gushing descriptions of how handsome Voldemort was despite being haggard etc.

A budding heterosexual would NEVER EVER describe a man who he knew to be his arch-enemy in those terms.

As to his attraction to Ginny... ignore the ridiculous chest monster and try analysing it.

1) When Ginny has finally grown into her looks, she is a beautiful red headed Gryffindor girl - like Harry's mother was. Harry has issues relating to a desire to recreate the story of Lily and James as it SHOULD have been. So his interest in Ginny indicates an incestuous fantasy.

2) Ginny reminds him of Molly. Molly was sort of like a surrogate mother in some instances so it is doubley incestuous.

3) Ginny is Ron's sister. Ron really is like a surrogate brother so it is trebley incestuous.

Evidently it indicates a lot of deep seated issues Harry has that are more important than sexuality!

Add to that the fact that Harry never notices a girl or woman's breasts or buttocks or anything of that kind. These are visual stimuli for heterosexual boys. At most he only remarks on how pretty their faces and hair are, which even a straight girl or a budding gay boy might do. And his short relationship with Cho does not indicate that he is attracted to her since he is vaguely repulsed by the idea of having to hold her hand.

And at the time of the Yule Ball he tells the reader that he had never noticed that Hogwarts has a lot of girls. Because up until then he mainly thought about other boys, such as Draco, Ron, Krum and Diggory. The idea of having to take one to the Ball is a real chore, akin to having to face the Hungarian Horntail. I can go on if you want...

Old Post Nov 20th, 2011 01:21 PM
Bigon is currently offline Click here to Send Bigon a Private Message Find more posts by Bigon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bigon
Clown

Originally posted by siriuswriter
look, jk already came out and told us dumbles was gay - which, to me, was much much much more of a shock than if she had come out and said harry were gay. david thewlis [prof. lupin] has said he always thought remus was gay...
JK is honest with da fans. Harry's not gay. Sorry.

JKR does not do subtle. If asked whether Remus were gay, she would go "but I didn't dress him in purple and he already has a dark secret (lycanthropy)"

The fact that Remus and Harry come across as gay is down to her ineptitude as an author, not her design. A heterosexual lady who is an inept author will very likely mess up and give important male characters her own sexuality without intending to do so.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2011 02:18 PM
Bigon is currently offline Click here to Send Bigon a Private Message Find more posts by Bigon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
siriuswriter

Okay, where in the films does your gay-dar start to beep?

Old Post Nov 21st, 2011 12:42 AM
siriuswriter is currently offline Click here to Send siriuswriter a Private Message Find more posts by siriuswriter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bigon
Clown

The films do not stand alone, they are a visual adjunct to the books.

Remus was played skillfully as a gay man in Prisoner of Azkaban, but then came the forced, unconvincing romance with Tonks that had to be worked into it forcing the actor to change his style... But Remus is a character who always does what is easy instead of what is right. He does come across as the kind of character who would react to pressure and marry a woman he wasn't that into and then try to evade the responsibilities that ensue (his wife's wellbeing, the babies etc.)

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2011 11:30 PM
siriuswriter

I agree with your post. Remus [Thewlis] was much more at ease with himself. I hardly saw Tonks and Remus together [well, there's an excuse for that in book six] and then we follow on the tails of the Trio the rest of the film[s]. They don't come to Bill and Fleur's wedding, as Remus wants them to stay underground.

Actors make their own interpretation of the character, and to Thewlis he would play Remus as he saw him in the books, the way he played him. He said after it "came out" that Dumbles was gay that he played Thewlis as "a gay addict," which actually makes sense in a way. Remus never wanted children as he was afraid they would be werewolves, and of course he had his monthly problem and so would always look overweary at that time.

Old Post Nov 27th, 2011 03:07 AM
roughrider
Thunderer

Originally posted by roughrider
If you are talking about the book & film series in general, then Yes.
Harry Potter is gay. stick out tongue

I was just poking the bear at the time. I don't really think that.

Now, those fans of Twilight and The Hunger Games - easy pickings there. stick out tongue

Old Post Nov 29th, 2011 05:33 PM
roughrider is online now! Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
siriuswriter

of Twilight, definitely. The Hunger Games - not so much. At least they're not one long convoluted "I must have you! But you are a mortal and I am a vampire and so I shall scowl and sparkle to impress you because I don't want to press vampirism on you so I'm going to make myself irresistible which shouldn't be hard to do since you're so insecure and will eventually follow my plans anyway. MWAHAHAHAH!"

Old Post Nov 29th, 2011 06:23 PM
roughrider
Thunderer

The Hunger Games fans on IMDB are very defensive about their book being called a plagiarized ripoff of Battle Royale, plus The Running Man.

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2011 08:36 PM