KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Communications » News & Questions » New avatar sizes.

New avatar sizes.
Started by: Impediment

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Vinny Valentine
Vinny Valentine

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Bardock42
Yay, bigger avatars for 5+ year members, no exceptions for mods

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2010 12:44 AM
Vinny Valentine is currently offline Click here to Send Vinny Valentine a Private Message Find more posts by Vinny Valentine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

You registered 2 months after I did! You wouldn't get one until June!

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2010 12:53 AM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

Originally posted by Impediment
You registered 2 months after I did! You wouldn't get one until June!

Yay, bigger avatars for 5+ year members, no exceptions for mods, but Vinny gets one right away

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2010 12:56 AM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Vinny Valentine
Vinny Valentine

Yay, bigger avatars for 5+ year members, no exceptions for mods, but Vinny gets one right away

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2010 01:01 AM
Vinny Valentine is currently offline Click here to Send Vinny Valentine a Private Message Find more posts by Vinny Valentine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

I hope your next shit is square.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2010 01:13 AM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scythe
The Goat

150x150 would be nice.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2010 07:02 AM
Scythe is currently offline Click here to Send Scythe a Private Message Find more posts by Scythe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Boudecia
Don't mess with me

Speaking of avatar sizes 64x64 is just a riduculous size no offence for a newbie to have they may as well no bother having one. what is with the rule anyway where you have to wait so long to have 85x85 then 100x100 after so long heck most sites let you have whatever anyway..but yeah 150x150 after 5 years jeez i could be dead by then waiting that long.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2010 06:12 PM
Boudecia is currently offline Click here to Send Boudecia a Private Message Find more posts by Boudecia Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Hey, it used to be that all members, other than mods, only had 64x64 avatars.

And a lot of sites don't allow any sort of avatars, or you're limited to whatever they have in their gallery.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2010 06:24 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Boudecia
Don't mess with me

Or you can use links etc - and actually most sites do allow bigger avatars I do know i go on plenty to know and they don't make you wait one year, Two years or whatever to wait to have a bigger avatar size I just don't see what the big fuss is you should just be allowed to have 100x100 or 150x150 anyway. and I'm no having a go I'm just having an opinion.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2010 06:42 PM
Boudecia is currently offline Click here to Send Boudecia a Private Message Find more posts by Boudecia Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

Originally posted by Blue Wiccan
Or you can use links etc - and actually most sites do allow bigger avatars I do know i go on plenty to know and they don't make you wait one year, Two years or whatever to wait to have a bigger avatar size I just don't see what the big fuss is you should just be allowed to have 100x100 or 150x150 anyway. and I'm no having a go I'm just having an opinion.

Can you read? She said a lot of sites don't allow avatars. She did not say all of them. Just because you've been on sites that allow ridiculous sized avatars right off the bat does not mean we have to.

The time limit for avatar sizes is called a "member incentive". It's not much, but some people get excited when they are allowed to upgrade their size.

Originally posted by Peach
Hey, it used to be that all members, other than mods, only had 64x64 avatars.

Actually, when I first joined, it was 64x64 for EVERYONE.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2010 07:08 PM
LanceWindu is currently offline Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Vinny Valentine
Vinny Valentine

This sounds still pretty good.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2010 07:20 PM
Raz
Meister

Admin

Originally posted by the.kenzo
I think we need a big reboot of KMC actually, lets get rid of the dead forums, condense things down so we have more people in each area, makes the place seem more alive.
Absolutely agree with you!

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2010 07:25 PM
Raz is currently offline Click here to Send Raz a Private Message Find more posts by Raz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

Originally posted by Raz
Absolutely agree with you!

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2010 07:39 PM
LanceWindu is currently offline Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Thinking about it, I have a few ideas as to what can be condensed/gotten rid of to clean things up and streamline them...

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2010 07:41 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

Some of my dead or slow moving movie forums (foreign, animation/cgi, and sci-fi/fantasy) could be merged with the MDF like the Kill Bill/Tarantino forums were.

Nobody ever posts in these forums anymore, so if they were merged with the MDF, the MDF might get more hits and liven up.

The same could be said for the Horror Forum, too, but that place is BackFire's turf more than mine, since he has been modding far longer than I have.

Hell, a lot of the movie franchise forums could be mass merged, too. Matrix, Terminator, Indy Jones, Transformers..........even the Comic Book Movies forum could be merged, too, but that might be pushing it. It'd be Tron and Digi's call.

Last edited by Impediment on Jan 3rd, 2010 at 08:18 PM

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2010 08:07 PM
Toshiru
I has a titlez

I don't know but doesn't 150x150 sound too much of an overkill? 100x100 size avatars are pretty much a standard on the net; not saying we have to follow it but why the need for 150 pixel avatars?

If anything at least upgrade the limit of the file size.

Old Post Jan 4th, 2010 12:41 AM
Toshiru is currently offline Click here to Send Toshiru a Private Message Find more posts by Toshiru Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

I wouldn't mind seeing some streamlining. As for the comic section, which is probably the only one I can have a valid opinion on, we actually weeded out a couple old forums years back (Hulk, one other that I'm forgetting).

I've long thought that the respective character forums could be condensed by company (Marvel/DC) so that we have a Spider-Man/X-Men forum and a Superman/Batman forum. So 2 instead of 4. Because they do get enough hits to warrant existence, but not so many that they couldn't easily coexist.

I hesitate to recommend other merges. We are a movie site, after all, and merging the general comics forum with the movies forum into an all-encompassing comic forum seems the only other possibility. But my earlier idea stands.

Old Post Jan 4th, 2010 12:42 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

So you recommend against merging Comic Movies with MDF?

Old Post Jan 4th, 2010 12:46 AM
Peach
mordrem

Originally posted by Digi

I've long thought that the respective character forums could be condensed by company (Marvel/DC) so that we have a Spider-Man/X-Men forum and a Superman/Batman forum. So 2 instead of 4. Because they do get enough hits to warrant existence, but not so many that they couldn't easily coexist.

I agree with that - I know I was kind of hesitant about it in the past, but now I think it might be a good idea.

Most of the movie franchise forums are kind of dead now, to be honest. KMC may have originally been a movie forum, but it really isn't that much anymore. It's evolved into a general/chat forum more than anything else in the past few years.

Old Post Jan 4th, 2010 12:49 AM
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Originally posted by Impediment
Some of my dead or slow moving movie forums (foreign, animation/cgi, and sci-fi/fantasy) could be merged with the MDF like the Kill Bill/Tarantino forums were.

Nobody ever posts in these forums anymore, so if they were merged with the MDF, the MDF might get more hits and liven up.

The same could be said for the Horror Forum, too, but that place is BackFire's turf more than mine, since he has been modding far longer than I have.

Hell, a lot of the movie franchise forums could be mass merged, too. Matrix, Terminator, Indy Jones, Transformers..........even the Comic Book Movies forum could be merged, too, but that might be pushing it. It'd be Tron and Digi's call.

Sounds good to me. The horror forum has lost most of its regulars, not much activity there. Would be fine with me merging it.

Old Post Jan 4th, 2010 12:50 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote