KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » Deacon Frost versus Blackheart.....

Deacon Frost versus Blackheart.....
Started by: Rogue Jedi

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Impediment
Endless

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
"May, in fact" does not mean "Does."

Okay. How can we be absolutely sure?

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Jan 4th, 2010 01:55 AM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Impediment
Okay. How can we be absolutely sure?
I'll rewatch the movie in the next few days.

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post Jan 4th, 2010 01:57 AM
Rogue Jedi is currently offline Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

One thing though, La Magra, Blood "God." Do Gods have souls?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blade_%28film%29#La_Magra

La Magra

One of the major plots of the film was to prevent Frost from raising La Magra, the Vampire blood god, and causing a vampire apocalypse. When Frost successfully became La Magra he gained certain powers, making him almost invincible. Each ability he gained was from the twelve pure bloods (Ashe, Cianteto, Dragonetti, Faustinas who held two seats, Ligaroo, Lemure, Kobejitsu, Lobishomen, Von Esper, Upier, and Pallintine) sacrificed in the ritual. Some of those powers/abilities include:

* Far superior strength and speed from that of a regular vampire.

* Red, bulging eyes.

* Instant regeneration of lost limbs.

* Impervious to silver due to Blade's blood

* The ability to walk during the day due to Blade's blood.

* The ability to turn any humans in his path into vampires instantly. (This is open to debate since Dr. Karen Jenson was in the same area where La Magra and Blade's battle took place and was not instantly turned, though it's a probability that La Magra needs to concentrate his powers in order to achieve the turning.)

* The ability to control minds, matter and the elements. (Gained from the Faustinas tribe)

* The ability to shed his skin, turning into a ball of fire to stalk his prey methodically. (Gained from the Ligaroo tribe.)

The majority of these powers were never seen or mentioned in the film since Frost's reign as La Magra was short-lived, but it is believed that since all of the pure bloods' spirits lived within Frost's body, he would have gained their abilities as well.

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post Jan 4th, 2010 02:11 AM
Rogue Jedi is currently offline Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

These feats weren't on film.

Movie feats only, sir.

Old Post Jan 4th, 2010 02:14 AM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

OK. Do Gods have souls? It's common knowledge that most movie Vampires have no souls, that they died during the turn, but I guess that's out the window here.

BTW: What you are saying is like saying Luke Skywalker has zero midichlorians because the word midichlorians is never mentioned in the OT.

Last edited by Rogue Jedi on Jan 4th, 2010 at 06:06 AM

Old Post Jan 4th, 2010 05:52 AM
dadudemon

OK. Do Gods have souls? It's common knowledge that most movie Vampires have no souls, that they died during the turn, but I guess that's out the window here.

Correct, because the Vampires turned vampires due t oa virus.

BTW: What you are saying is like saying Luke Skywalker has zero midichlorians because the word midichlorians is never mentioned in the OT.

You know, tons of OT fanboys actually reject the cholorians completely as stupid and rubbish. That wouldn't be a far off stretch.

But, no, it's not a bad comment by Imp, at all. The Vamps have souls in the Blade films since their vampirism comes from a virus, not eternal damnation.

Old Post Jan 4th, 2010 06:23 AM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by dadudemon
Correct, because the Vampires turned vampires due t oa virus.

You know, tons of OT fanboys actually reject the cholorians completely as stupid and rubbish. That wouldn't be a far off stretch.

But, no, it's not a bad comment by Imp, at all. The Vamps have souls in the Blade films since their vampirism comes from a virus, not eternal damnation.
Well, he's right and wrong. It's never said that they do not have souls, but it's also never said that they DO have souls.

So I guess the 30 days of night vampires have souls, the Anne Rice vampires have souls, the Underworld vampires have souls. Silly me.

Last edited by Rogue Jedi on Jan 4th, 2010 at 06:31 AM

Old Post Jan 4th, 2010 06:29 AM
dadudemon

Well, he's right and wrong. It's never said that they do not have souls, but it's also never said that they DO have souls.

Since it's Marvel, the DO have souls.

So I guess the 30 days of night vampires have souls, the Anne Rice vampires have souls, the Underworld vampires have souls. Silly me.

Yes, any vampire that had turned into a vampire through a virus is not a damned one..etc. Only those vampire stories that DO have them being damned soulless ones, are damned soulless ones.

Double edit - And Gods have souls in Marvel, too. I remember reading something about Thor's soul getting captured by Mephisto....from waaaaay long ago.

Old Post Jan 4th, 2010 06:41 AM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

And heeeeeeeeeeeeeere we go, more Marvel bullshit, as if it has any place here......

Old Post Jan 4th, 2010 06:50 AM
dadudemon

And heeeeeeeeeeeeeere we go, more Marvel bullshit, as if it has any place here......

It does, especially with Marvel movies. wink

Old Post Jan 4th, 2010 07:02 AM
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

You know, if we are gonna go strictly by screen feats, I dont recall BH ever doing the "turn to ash" attack on anyone other than humans.

Frost wasnt human.

Bonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnng.

Old Post Jan 4th, 2010 07:21 AM
dadudemon

You know, if we are gonna go strictly by screen feats, I dont recall BH ever doing the "turn to ash" attack on anyone other than humans.

Frost wasnt human.

Bonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnng.

In that case, Frost was never seen attacking gods, so his attacks would be uneffective aginst Blackheart.

Booooooooooonnnnnnnnnnng. (Cept, what I said is actually true...so my mock joke fails, completely.)

Lemme try a different way...

Deacon was pwned by an old man and his home chemistry set.

Boooonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnng!

Old Post Jan 4th, 2010 07:25 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Well, BH was badass, ?

More like he was Shithouse for the movie version.....

Old Post Jan 4th, 2010 07:34 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

No no no, the attack worked only on humans, Frost aint human, therefore it won't work on him. Screen feats and shit. BH literally showed nothing onscreen that would even faze Deacon.

Deacon was pwned by Blade and the chemical weapon she created. BH has no brilliant doctor to help him here.

Old Post Jan 4th, 2010 07:35 AM
Utrigita

What about the Freeze people thing that BH has? Couldn't he just Freeze Deacon?

Old Post Jan 4th, 2010 08:16 AM
Utrigita is currently offline Click here to Send Utrigita a Private Message Find more posts by Utrigita Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Nope, he did that to humans only, Deacon aint human.

Old Post Jan 4th, 2010 08:27 AM
dadudemon

No no no, the attack worked only on humans, Frost aint human, therefore it won't work on him. Screen feats and shit. BH literally showed nothing onscreen that would even faze Deacon.

Deacon was pwned by Blade and the chemical weapon she created. BH has no brilliant doctor to help him here.

BH is more powerful than Deacon in every single way possible. Get this: strength, intelligence, speed, durability. That's all four major categories. On top of that, he literally has Magical Spells.

Look, you heard "god" in Blade, and thought it would be a good match-up. I understand that...I might have done the same thing myslef. But you need to understand that it is literally "god" in title only, and is not even close to being a god, by marvel standards (yes, movie too).

Old Post Jan 4th, 2010 09:13 AM
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Speed and durability go to Frost, he moved and regened faster than BH. WAY faster.

No, I watched Frost in the final fight and thought it would be a good matchup.

Old Post Jan 4th, 2010 01:05 PM
Impediment
Endless

OK, a turned human may have a soul, if Frost has a soul, this is a cakewalk for BH, where's the fun in that? Much more entertaining to figure out how they would destroy one another.

Not to me it isn't. Frost was turned? He has a soul? He's done for.

That is PRECISELY what I am saying. In Ep. 4 ANH, Obi Wan tells Luke that The Force is a field that surrounds us and penetrates us. He makes no mention of microscopic organisms that grant you powers.

It wasn't until Ep. 1 TPM did Qui Gon bring up midichlorians having to do with The Force.

On screen feats only.

Nope, he did that to humans only, Deacon aint human.

So the son of Satan can freeze humans, devour souls, ride the winds, meld into shadow, etc., but can't freeze vampires? I call bullshit on that one.

And, I might add, Deacon is alive.

Dr. Karen Jenson was talking shit to Frost when she had been abducted.

"Where'd you get those scars, Deacon?"

Then she mentioned that she had cured herself with her antidote, and that she could do the same to him.

Hypothetically, if Deacon took the vamp antidote and became human again, he would, very much, be alive and human WITH A SOUL.

Blaze killed Blackheart/Legion only because he had access to Hellfire-based weaponry and his Penance stare.

Blade killed Frost with a damn anti-coagulant

Frost has no projectile weaponry like BH does. Frost can't meld into shadow like BH can. Frost may be the "uber vamp" while having La Magra's power, but he is still a non-angelic/demonic entity like BH is. The only thing Frost has going for him is his regen powers and his speed. And we all saw how far those powers got him, oh...........5 measley minutes after he got them.

Frost dies. Hard.

/thread.

--------------------------------------------------------

Also:

The definition of vampire sways radically from movie to movie.

The vampires in the Anne Rice movies did, in fact, "die" to become an undead creature.

The vampires in The Lost Boys did not die, rather it stems from an unseen force/curse, which is why Michael turned back into a human after Max, the "head vampire" was killed.

The same above scenario with the movie "Fright Night" when Jerry died.

The same scenario, again, in Bram Stoker's Dracula. The Count dies, and Mina turns human again.

Honestly, I think that the Blade movies are the only ones that identify vampires can be born "pure" or humans turned via some kind of genetic virus that endows vamp powers, yet their own blood cannot sustain hemoglobin.

I could be wrong, though. I don't watch a lot of vamp flicks. There are so many shitty ones and so few good ones.

Last edited by Impediment on Jan 4th, 2010 at 11:52 PM

Old Post Jan 4th, 2010 09:31 PM
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Was BH shown freezing vampires?

Nope.

Speculate all you like, fact is he never froze a vampire onscreen, much less the ****in Blood God. Soul or not, it was never shown working on a vampire.

"Deacon?"

"Not anymore."

Yeah, BH has all those cool powers, a shitload more than Deacon, but again I ask, HOW does he take Deacon out?

Old Post Jan 5th, 2010 01:00 AM