KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Respect' Forum » Revamped Thor Respect Thread

Revamped Thor Respect Thread
Started by: ODG

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (53): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
ODG

Here's an update which focuses more on Thor's physicality. I realized that I've passed over a great deal of his pure strength and durability feats:

STRENGTH

After being damaged in a battle, Thor literally holds up the George Washington Bridge long enough for Damage Control to fix it, from Damage Control #1:

(please log in to view the image)

Thor's punching power is on display here, when Ironman admits that even his strongest armor up to that date was useless against a possessed Thor's fists, from Avengers Annual #8:

DURABILITY

BLUNT FORCE

Towards the end of an epic issue-long battle, Hulk throws an entire speeding train onto Thor, who immediately recovers and renews his battle, from Thor #285:

Here, while pursuing an alien vampire, a bloodlusted, hypnotic immortal Hercules sucker-punches Thor with a left cross. Thor is staggered, but only "momentarily stunned" and immediately regains his composure, from Thor #417:

This shows how durable Thor becomes during Warrior's Madness. Here, Maestro Hulk literally launches Thor into the air with a tremendous uppercut and, even after hours of fighting, Thor "doesn't even feel the pain of the impact. It barely registers as an inconvenience," from Incredible Hulk #440:

Revamped Thor Respect Thread Revamped Loki Respect Thread
Revamped Hulk Respect Thread Revamped Iron Man Respect Thread

Last edited by ODG on Feb 22nd, 2010 at 02:41 AM

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2010 02:39 AM
ODG is currently offline Click here to Send ODG a Private Message Find more posts by ODG Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
celeyhyga17
Yawning Void

I remember an Avengers issue that shows why Thor can deal with super speed. The Avengers were looking for someone that "kidnapped" Herc. All of them couldn't see the person except for Thor. He then says something to himself about they won't believe him bcause no mortal eyes can see etc. etc. He had chased this character into the park and was even questioned by Photon why he was hitting a tree. Apparently she didn't see the person as well. A few pages later revealed it was a speeding Hermes from the Olympian Gods. Thor chases him to Olympus and even catches Hermes by the heels. So yeah, Thor can do "speed". Anyone have that issue by the way? It was like 280 something.

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2010 01:41 PM
celeyhyga17 is currently offline Click here to Send celeyhyga17 a Private Message Find more posts by celeyhyga17 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ODG

^ I know what you're talking about. The scene occurs in Avengers #281. In the first scene, Thor chases down Hermes who nobody notices. When everyone asks him what's up, Thor specifically mentions that with Hermes, "no human eyes could [see him]!"

While I was aware of this feat, I was hesitant to put it up initially as later on, Captain Marvel (one of those who couldn't see), actually battles Hermes effectively later in the issue. So the fact that human eyes couldn't see could arguably have been a reference to either Hermes' superspeed or his immortal nature (probably the former since you could argue that Captain Marvel has exhibited an ability to fight at superspeed). But it's very fair to notice and point out so at least others can make their own informed opinion. Thanks, celeyhyga17:

(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2010 01:38 AM
ODG is currently offline Click here to Send ODG a Private Message Find more posts by ODG Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ODG

It's about time I posted Thor's fight with the Dark Avengers and the Initiative during Siege. Here, after being ambushed by Sentry (who is sufficiently Void-ed out), Thor is attacked by Osborn and his Initiative. The scans interlace two perspectives of the assault.

And for those who raised their eyebrows at the thought of Taskmaster laying into Thor, you all can feel somewhat vindicated by Osborn's own words: "If you think Thor even noticed your pathetic love-taps, you are off-your-meds delusional." After being saved by Maria Hill, Thor confronts Daken in Broxton and declares his resolve. Osborn sends Sentry. This one is far from over.

===========
The Initiative
===========

Thor vs The Initiative from Siege #1-2 and Avengers: The Initiative #32-33:

(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

Last edited by Digi on Mar 18th, 2010 at 04:42 PM

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2010 01:52 AM
CyberSonic

Hi new guy here, and I can't wait for Thor to tear some of these clowns up.

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2010 04:02 AM
CyberSonic is currently offline Click here to Send CyberSonic a Private Message Find more posts by CyberSonic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kakuzu
A new heart I see!!

Nice post on the thread man looks real organized but there still many more feats to add lol. Is it okay if I add a few that I have? I got over 600 pics(cut though) of Thor doing amazing things like knocoking a viking into space, throwing his hammer through adamantium ship, eat an other stuf....

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2010 08:34 PM
kakuzu is currently offline Click here to Send kakuzu a Private Message Find more posts by kakuzu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ODG

^ I'd only ask that you leave out feats by alternate reality incarnations and future versions that were never to be (i.e., King Thor, Rune King Thor). Part of differentiating this respect thread from the other's is organization, yes, but another part of it is also to focus on classic and current Thor.

So for instance, I'd rather leave out feats from the MAX title, Thor: Vikings, where Thor knocked Harald Jaekelson into orbit, as that didn't happen in 616 continuity.

Also as a personal favor to me, try to use thumbnails and/or links and if it's a feat from a brand new comic, try to wait one week from the release date to post it so as not to spoil newly released comics for others. Otherwise, additions are welcome!

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2010 09:12 PM
bagsikdangal101
The Son Of Revenge

HI guys! new here.I was wondering if anyone have a scan of Thor moving Rigellan 3(A planet 3 times the size of earth)?Nice Respect Thread by the way.

Its Hammer Time!!!!!

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2010 01:55 PM
bagsikdangal101 is currently offline Click here to Send bagsikdangal101 a Private Message Find more posts by bagsikdangal101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ODG

^ Personally not aware of that feat, but maybe kakuzu's got it. In this update, I wanted to beef up the on-panel instances where Thor's exhibited his restraint. Again, sounds apologist in tone, but it's no less true and supported on-panel, again and again.

RESTRAINT

As mentioned before, Thor pledged never to harm mortals, from Avengers #11:

This pledge is birthed in Thor's nobility and is demonstrated against foes he believes are being duped, as the Silver Surfer himself realizes, "He possessed more strength than I could know -- but did not choose to use it against me!" From Silver Surfer #4:

This restraint is especially evident when Thor encounters new and strange foes and holds his power in check, for fear of mortally wounding them, "Too long have I patiently held myself in check -- now let the power of Thor be felt from pole to pole!" From Thor #133:

But once he estimates their measure, he can let loose... usually with a bombastic proclamation, "Now that I have taken the measure of yon Taurian... I feel no need my blow to soften -- as I have done 'gainst weaker foes!" From Thor #160:

Thor's predilection for tanking assaults until he gains an opponent's measure is again amply demonstrated by his fights against Hyperion, Stellaris and Captain Britain. From Avengers #280, Thor #421 and 428 respectively:

(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

Old Post Mar 6th, 2010 02:16 AM
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

Question: Would King Thor beating both Hulk and Thing without the use of Mjolnir and the Odinforce be valid for regular Thor?

Old Post Mar 6th, 2010 02:21 AM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ODG

^ Well, I won't pass judgment on its "validity" in and of itself, but it's still an alternate reality version, so I'd rather keep it out.

Old Post Mar 6th, 2010 02:43 AM
bagsikdangal101
The Son Of Revenge

Cool

[QUOTE=12562464]Originally posted by OneDumbG0
[B]^ Personally not aware of that feat, but maybe kakuzu's got it cool

Okay!Thanks!

Last edited by bagsikdangal101 on Mar 7th, 2010 at 12:03 PM

Old Post Mar 7th, 2010 11:58 AM
bagsikdangal101 is currently offline Click here to Send bagsikdangal101 a Private Message Find more posts by bagsikdangal101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Good job on this thread onedumb. Keep it coming.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Mar 9th, 2010 06:44 AM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kakuzu
A new heart I see!!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Question: Would King Thor beating both Hulk and Thing without the use of Mjolnir and the Odinforce be valid for regular Thor?

Yes it should since technically he couldn't use the Odinforce force with the thing around his neck and he fought them for several hours straight and Thor has gone several months straight fighting with no force. But since he doesn't want it in the thread it shall stay out.

Some other feats. Thor was the only one capable of hurting hundreds of Hulks made into one being by diablo(please log in to view the image)

Flying with out his hammer as he threw it across the city

Takes over his brother body to defeat set

Got hit by a mini sun and walked out with not a scratch. Superman only survives this type of thing because he gets energy from different suns depending on color mind you. When he went to the middle of apok he said how hot it was

Think it was posted by resisted a weight of a score of planets (please log in to view the image)

Traps loki thousands of tons under earth with ease

Even classic Strange can't touch his essence

Easily knocks out the dog that stops all from enterting helas dimension with one hit then his army walks through lol

If he doesn't want to fight Thor could literally throw being across the universe but as you can see he likes the sport of being others senseless. (please log in to view the image)

More to come laptop dieing hope you enjoy

Old Post Mar 10th, 2010 05:04 AM
kakuzu is currently offline Click here to Send kakuzu a Private Message Find more posts by kakuzu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Warlord
Yes, I am...

guys maybe you might wanna post the incident from the latest Mighty Avengers. Nice speed related feat for Thor imo

Old Post Mar 10th, 2010 07:58 AM
Warlord is currently offline Click here to Send Warlord a Private Message Find more posts by Warlord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kakuzu
A new heart I see!!

Originally posted by Warlord
guys maybe you might wanna post the incident from the latest Mighty Avengers. Nice speed related feat for Thor imo

You saying where Norman and his group attack Thor and he bfr's Sentry with one hit? Then takes the combined force of the Ufoes and others and is still okay? Then Norman comments on how there hits merely tickled him?

Old Post Mar 10th, 2010 02:59 PM
Colossus-Big C
Restricted

Account Restricted

has thor ever fought storm?

I have returned

Old Post Mar 10th, 2010 03:01 PM
Colossus-Big C is currently offline Click here to Send Colossus-Big C a Private Message Find more posts by Colossus-Big C Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kakuzu
A new heart I see!!

Thor traveling twice the speed of light
http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l...k2-15-crop1.jpg

Thor dodging Moongooose who people think Thor can't handle with his speed.
http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l...1-14-crop-1.jpg

His relfexes are so fast he can stop a telepathic bolt from the phoenix and sendin back!!!!
http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l...428_10-crop.jpg

I know this was posted in the Surtur fight but for those who didnt pay attention Thor demonstrates the power of thousand blazing sun through is hammer. This is enough to destroy and entire galaxy or Surtur himself. Notice how Thor never has to brag about this and just did the sun feat were still waiting sentry.....
http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l...51_p20-crop.jpg

Creates a raging maelstorm with just a point of his hammer not really wanting to fight yet again
http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l...334_19-crop.jpg

More to come.....

Old Post Mar 10th, 2010 03:08 PM
kakuzu
A new heart I see!!

Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
has thor ever fought storm?

I posted the pic up there lol well not the entire fight, but in the entire fight he wins by a kiss. Which is literally all he used against her as he threw his hammer away and floated in the air locking hands with her.

Old Post Mar 10th, 2010 03:09 PM
Warlord
Yes, I am...

Originally posted by kakuzu
You saying where Norman and his group attack Thor and he bfr's Sentry with one hit? Then takes the combined force of the Ufoes and others and is still okay? Then Norman comments on how there hits merely tickled him?

nope...Mighty Avengers 34 against Quicksilver

Last edited by Warlord on Mar 10th, 2010 at 08:38 PM

Old Post Mar 10th, 2010 08:35 PM
Warlord is currently offline Click here to Send Warlord a Private Message Find more posts by Warlord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote