KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Respect' Forum » Revamped Thor Respect Thread

Revamped Thor Respect Thread
Started by: ODG

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (53): « First ... « 48 49 [50] 51 52 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
riv6672

38) WARRIOR'S SKILLS: Thor is an expert at fighting in armed and unarmed combat, and should know most of his opponent vital weakness. At least this is the way it was portrayed in the first famous Marvel vs. DC crossover. He's the best warrior in Asgard. The Absorbing Man, when he acquire Thor's powers and could not defeat him, he said: "It ain't fair!!!" "What's good my strength, my power if I can't land a blow?", "I didn't know it was gonna be like this!!!" The very same thing happened to Warlock, to the Juggernaut (when Thor took his invulnerable force field), Mr. Hyde (Thor#106), also, Pluto and Ares (the god of war) when Thor really cut loose in Blood And Thunder. In addition, Thor outclassed in the strength department, defeated Ares who triple his strength-Thor-#223, and had Ulik on the ropes irrespective of the fact that Ulik augmented his strength several times over, defeated the Android Zotarr-Thor-#238, but the most impressive victory of all was when Thor defeated Grog the god crusher without his powers, super-strength, and being a mortal-Thor-#397. To put it simply, Thor’s skills are simply phenomenal. However, the best testimony of Thor’s power and skills came from the mouth of none other than Captain America. In Thor-#390, Captain America said when he lifted Thor’s hammer, "I’ve never wielded such LIMITLESS POWER before!" "It’s almost intoxicating!" In Avengers-#4 (vol.1), Captain America said, "Thor’s hammer!" "It’s the most AWESOME weapon I’ve ever seem!" Finally, in Avengers-Annual-#18, Captain America stated this about Thor’s skills, "He is an expert combatant, having been trained for hundreds of years in the art of war." "His understanding of tactics and strategies ENCOMPASSES the teaching of cultures over several centuries."

Old Post Aug 9th, 2014 11:31 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

39) SUPER-STRENGTH: Thor is the strongest pound for pound Superhero in the Marvel Universe. It's true that the Hulk is just as strong as Thor, but he probably weights twice as much. There’re many unparallel feats of Thor’s strength that should be worth mentioning. For instance, A) In Thor-#94- with just a slight pressure from Thor’s little finger he toppled leaning Tower of Pisa; B) in Thor-#95, Thor easily ripped apart the door of a special constructed safe that could resist a Ton (2,000 lbs.) of TNT; C) Thor sculpted a hammer from an Alien Tank by compressing together Tons of the Armor plating-Thor-#281, and tossed a Giant Alien Tank a significant distance as if were just a simple toy-Avengers-#219; D) Thor towed away a broken Jetliner full of passengers by flying it out of the Celestial stronghold in South America-Thor-#284. E) Thor, with his enormous strength, broke through wrap-around cables made of an alloy of Adamantiun-Thor-#309. F) Thor lifted and balanced a 40 plus story Building along with Cranes on top of the Building-Thor-#391; G) Thor towed the Entire Avengers Hydrobase-Avengers-#301, H) Thor with his strength closed a fissure that he created in the Planets crust, and then he proceeded by sealing Loki in it under millions Tons of Earth with the might of his limb-Avengers West Coast-#55; I) Thor sent an Alien with such physical force that he went literally flying through Earth’s Orbit and straight outside our Solar System-JIM-#90; J) Thor lifted the Midgard Serpent which girds the entire Earth and holds the Ocean in place-Thor-#272.

Old Post Aug 9th, 2014 11:31 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

40) IMMORTALITY: Thor is an immortal-Nuff said.

This list was frikkin' AWEsome!!!

Old Post Aug 9th, 2014 11:32 AM
Damborgson
King of the Damboys

:/

At least it was all Thor related I guess...lol

-Abhi Killer- X2

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f105/t655309.html

Old Post Aug 10th, 2014 05:27 AM
Damborgson is currently offline Click here to Send Damborgson a Private Message Find more posts by Damborgson Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

I post from my phone, so my options for submitting scans are limited.
Ran across the above list and thought it might interest folks, in a thread like this.
Thor is definitely more than just a flying brick that flings lightning...

Old Post Aug 10th, 2014 06:51 AM
Evanthehammer

it would be way easier, quicker and better if you could just post the link since that is indeed an awesome list.

Old Post Aug 10th, 2014 11:06 AM
Evanthehammer is currently offline Click here to Send Evanthehammer a Private Message Find more posts by Evanthehammer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

The link was to another comic board.
That kind of linking is frowned on everywhere i've posted.

And yes, it IS an awesome list.

Plus its gotten the thread three new posts, in rapid succession!
...All of them harping on me, mind you, but still...posts!wink

Old Post Aug 10th, 2014 12:03 PM
Evanthehammer

quote: (post)
Originally posted by riv6672
The link was to another comic board.
That kind of linking is frowned on everywhere i've posted.

And yes, it IS an awesome list.

Plus its gotten the thread three new posts, in rapid succession!
...All of them harping on me, mind you, but still...posts!wink

Wanna PM me the link? I've seen the list before but the link I had was broken.

Old Post Aug 11th, 2014 10:41 PM
Evanthehammer is currently offline Click here to Send Evanthehammer a Private Message Find more posts by Evanthehammer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Done.

Old Post Aug 12th, 2014 07:10 AM
Igniz
I reign supreme!

Time for some Thor history from the graphic novel Official Index to the Marvel Universe Thor cool

(please log in to view the image)

Thor Vikings wasn't mentioned in this.But I'll post scans of it from the same book proving it as canonical.So feats from Thor Vikings is okay to post here in ODG's thread cool

I'm the CEO of NEST!
Respect Chaos King Fear The Dread Dormammu Surtur Carnivore

Old Post Aug 12th, 2014 10:38 AM
Igniz is currently offline Click here to Send Igniz a Private Message Find more posts by Igniz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Good stuff
Saved!

Old Post Aug 12th, 2014 11:04 AM
celeyhyga17
Yawning Void

So what kind of force does it take to break a seal that Odin himself made after he tore the tenth realm from Yggdrasil?

A cosmic thunder... A storm to shake worlds of course!

Last edited by celeyhyga17 on Aug 18th, 2014 at 02:15 AM

Old Post Aug 18th, 2014 02:06 AM
celeyhyga17 is currently offline Click here to Send celeyhyga17 a Private Message Find more posts by celeyhyga17 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

I overuse the word awesome.
Please just assume i used your favorite synonym!

Old Post Aug 19th, 2014 07:19 AM
Badabing
Karen

Deleted spam posts per the report. Don't spam respect threads.

You've just been Trump'd!

Official pimp of Steverules

Sig by Steve Rules

Old Post Aug 20th, 2014 01:03 AM
Badabing is currently offline Click here to Send Badabing a Private Message Find more posts by Badabing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Wounded Thor...

...would not make a good patient!

Old Post Aug 21st, 2014 11:49 AM
riv6672

Not sure if this is a strength, speed, or magic feat...

Old Post Aug 21st, 2014 12:04 PM
riv6672

Insane durability.
Torn into by the Hulk...retorts with a punch!

Old Post Aug 28th, 2014 02:18 PM
kakuzu
A new heart I see!!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by riv6672
Not sure if this is a strength, speed, or magic feat...

Strength to throw something of that weight that fast across the galaxy. He honestly could had pushed it and it still would have went the distance if nothing got in the way but throwing it and it reaching there and back in 60 seconds is definitely a strength feat.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2014 09:24 PM
kakuzu is currently offline Click here to Send kakuzu a Private Message Find more posts by kakuzu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Sweet thumb up

Old Post Aug 29th, 2014 02:01 AM
joesha28
Asgard's Advocate

Calling all Thor fans to make a statement against Marvel for bringing in woman to be the lead in our beloved Thor's book

http://www.gopetition.com/petitions...an/sign.html#se

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2014 05:33 PM
joesha28 is currently offline Click here to Send joesha28 a Private Message Find more posts by joesha28 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote