KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Respect' Forum » Revamped Thor Respect Thread

Revamped Thor Respect Thread
Started by: ODG

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (53): « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 10 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Bentley
Seitei

There you go: Thor stands near ground zero of a holoblast and ends up in a better shape than Wonderman:

http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/...quersEarth8.jpg
http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/...quersEarth9.jpg
http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/...blastWMThor.jpg

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Jul 4th, 2010 12:42 PM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vansonbee
Isee

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Bentley
There you go: Thor stands near ground zero of a holoblast and ends up in a better shape than Wonderman:

http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/...quersEarth8.jpg
http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/...quersEarth9.jpg
That debatable! Simon was slightly closer to the bast by few meters. [SPOILER - highlight to read]: See what I did there?

Nonetheless, awesome durability by Thor.

Old Post Jul 4th, 2010 03:33 PM
vansonbee is currently offline Click here to Send vansonbee a Private Message Find more posts by vansonbee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Warlord
Yes, I am...

great durability feat for both.

on a side note:
1. this is Thor who tanks this and gets KOed by a bullet
2. this is Wonder Man who tanks this and gets KOed by a goblin bomb.

good job on consistency Marvel

Old Post Jul 4th, 2010 06:00 PM
Warlord is currently offline Click here to Send Warlord a Private Message Find more posts by Warlord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Philosophía
"The devil made me do it"

Welcome to comics.

“Perhaps this is the ultimate freedom. The freedom to leave.”

Old Post Jul 4th, 2010 08:13 PM
Philosophía is currently offline Click here to Send Philosophía a Private Message Find more posts by Philosophía Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kgkg
Vigilante

Originally posted by Warlord
great durability feat for both.

on a side note:
1. this is Thor who tanks this and gets KOed by a bullet
2. this is Wonder Man who tanks this and gets KOed by a goblin bomb.

good job on consistency Marvel
It's an ok durability feat the bones are intact meaning it wasn’t that powerful all it did was burn out human flesh. Thor has better durability feat than this though.

People have low showing some writers just don't know how to portray Thor but most would put him in the bulletproof/invincible category.

Stay Thirsty, My Friends.

Old Post Jul 5th, 2010 09:06 PM
kgkg is currently offline Click here to Send kgkg a Private Message Find more posts by kgkg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Warlord
Yes, I am...

Originally posted by kgkg
It's an ok durability feat the bones are intact meaning it wasn’t that powerful all it did was burn out human flesh.

People have low showing some writers just don't know how to portray Thor but most would put him in the bulletproof/invincible category.

however bones remaining intact doesn't make much sence when in the first pannel buildings are destroyed. maybe the artist thought it would look more dramatic

anyway, I agree about the writers' perspective

Old Post Jul 6th, 2010 06:41 AM
Warlord is currently offline Click here to Send Warlord a Private Message Find more posts by Warlord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

however bones remaining intact doesn't make much sence when in the first pannel buildings are destroyed. maybe the artist thought it would look more dramatic

anyway, I agree about the writers' perspective

Yeah, but the blast apparently was directed to the people and not the buildings, at least Wonderman implies so later on.

Old Post Jul 6th, 2010 02:00 PM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rage.Of.Olympus

The Kang explosion was posted by ODG. It's a decent enough feat. As I understood it and explained, it was mostly targeted to human beings, but the sheer force of the explosion destroyed buildings, especially the ones at ground zero.

And, there's like 7 different instances to support Thor being bullet proof to one instance of Thor being penetrated by a bullet.

Old Post Jul 6th, 2010 11:11 PM
Rage.Of.Olympus is currently offline Click here to Send Rage.Of.Olympus a Private Message Find more posts by Rage.Of.Olympus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Martian_mind
telepathy+debates+=Pwned

Guys, guys, we could sit here and debate the merits of the feat for days, or we could just skip it and reach the inevitable conclusion that Thor is awesome.

...but not as awesome as Wonderman

Old Post Jul 7th, 2010 07:48 AM
Martian_mind is currently offline Click here to Send Martian_mind a Private Message Find more posts by Martian_mind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rage.Of.Olympus

Originally posted by Martian_mind
Guys, guys, we could sit here and debate the merits of the feat for days, or we could just skip it and reach the inevitable conclusion that Thor is awesome.

...but not as awesome as Wonderman

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e...MissMarvel1.jpg
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e...MissMarvel2.jpg

Old Post Jul 7th, 2010 12:11 PM
Rage.Of.Olympus is currently offline Click here to Send Rage.Of.Olympus a Private Message Find more posts by Rage.Of.Olympus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

Thor's just being a jerk and putting the machine at its heaviest when he's not around to mess with the others wink

Old Post Jul 7th, 2010 12:46 PM
Warlord
Yes, I am...

laughing out loud

Old Post Jul 7th, 2010 12:51 PM
Warrior Madness
God of Thunder

LOL Nice one,
Rage.Of.Olympus

laughing

Old Post Jul 7th, 2010 11:04 PM
Warrior Madness is currently offline Click here to Send Warrior Madness a Private Message Find more posts by Warrior Madness Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vansonbee
Isee

laughing out loud
Originally posted by Warrior Madness
LOL Nice one,
Rage.Of.Olympus

laughing
yes

Old Post Jul 8th, 2010 12:21 AM
vansonbee is currently offline Click here to Send vansonbee a Private Message Find more posts by vansonbee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Thor's just being a jerk and putting the machine at its heaviest when he's not around to mess with the others wink

laughing thumb up

Old Post Jul 8th, 2010 02:18 AM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rage.Of.Olympus

Lol. Thor has been a bit of an ass in the past.

Old Post Jul 12th, 2010 05:07 AM
Rage.Of.Olympus

ODG, are King Thor feats allowed in this thread?

Old Post Jul 12th, 2010 01:22 PM
Warlord
Yes, I am...

first post suggests just "regular" Thor

Old Post Jul 12th, 2010 01:30 PM
bagsikdangal101
The Son Of Revenge

Thor will be part of a new God Squad to battle the Chaos King & his forces that is comprised of Alien Gods.

http://i.annihil.us/u/prod/marvel/i...ll-7493213..jpg

There is talk that the Chaos King will try to kidnap Gaea.

Its Hammer Time!!!!!

Old Post Jul 14th, 2010 11:22 PM
bagsikdangal101 is currently offline Click here to Send bagsikdangal101 a Private Message Find more posts by bagsikdangal101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ODG

first post suggests just "regular" Thor
Originally posted by OneDumbG0
^ Yes, I am also keeping King Thor, along with any alternate reality versions of Thor, out of this for now. I may choose to open it up in the future.

Revamped Thor Respect Thread Revamped Loki Respect Thread
Revamped Hulk Respect Thread Revamped Iron Man Respect Thread

Old Post Jul 15th, 2010 03:30 AM
ODG is currently offline Click here to Send ODG a Private Message Find more posts by ODG Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote