KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Games 'Versus' Forum » Games 'Respect' Forum » Respect the Knee of Justice, Captain Falcon

Respect the Knee of Justice, Captain Falcon
Started by: LLLLLink

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
LLLLLink
The Juror of Courage

Respect the Knee of Justice, Captain Falcon

(please log in to view the image)

Captain Douglas Jay Falcon. The very mention of his name makes a weaker soul spontaneously erupt into a plume of flame.

His preffered mode of transportation: The Blue Falcon.

Behold! The techniques that have bestowed death to untold masses of evildoers!

Your moves. He wants to see them.

Last edited by LLLLLink on Jan 6th, 2010 at 05:42 AM

Old Post Jan 6th, 2010 05:36 AM
LLLLLink is currently offline Click here to Send LLLLLink a Private Message Find more posts by LLLLLink Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

The time that I loved him most was probably during the days of SSB 64. Then later he turned out to be much more overrated than I anticipated. erm

All and all though, I really respect him as a racer, not so much as a fighter from a non-canon series.

Old Post Jan 6th, 2010 05:39 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LLLLLink
The Juror of Courage

Its strange, because a lot of the Captain's popular character development has come from outside his actual canon.

Old Post Jan 6th, 2010 05:57 AM
LLLLLink is currently offline Click here to Send LLLLLink a Private Message Find more posts by LLLLLink Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Which is quite sad. F-Zero is such an overlooked series.

Old Post Jan 6th, 2010 06:25 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LLLLLink
The Juror of Courage

I do want a game that encompasses Falcon's life as a bounty hunter as well as a racer.

Old Post Jan 6th, 2010 06:33 AM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Yeah, that would be interesting I'll admit. Always wanted to see more of his bounty hunter aspects too. Same with Wolf from Star Fox.

Old Post Jan 6th, 2010 06:46 AM
LLLLLink
The Juror of Courage

Although, it would still have to have Falcon Punch in it.

Old Post Jan 6th, 2010 06:44 PM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

It wouldn't have to have it... I'd personally rather see him have other techniques than that corny falcon punch or falcon kick.

Old Post Jan 6th, 2010 08:46 PM
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

I dunno, by now it could only really work as a super cheesy self-parody, that /knows/ it's cheesy.

The moon and stars aren't just shades of lead

But you wouldn't know as you rest your head.

Old Post Jan 6th, 2010 08:51 PM
ScreamPaste is currently offline Click here to Send ScreamPaste a Private Message Find more posts by ScreamPaste Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Sadly, I suppose you're right. sad

Old Post Jan 6th, 2010 09:29 PM
LLLLLink
The Juror of Courage

It could be decent. It would just require heavier mood to cut down on the 'cheesiness'. Less 'Yes!' and more 'No!', you know what I mean?

Old Post Jan 6th, 2010 10:07 PM
FWahMaN
Restricted

Account Restricted

Lol at "YES" picture in the OP. laughing

Falcon Knee!

Old Post Jan 7th, 2010 12:54 AM
FWahMaN is currently offline Click here to Send FWahMaN a Private Message Find more posts by FWahMaN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LLLLLink
The Juror of Courage

Also, I am claiming that NC is official Falcon country.

Old Post Jan 7th, 2010 02:15 AM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Oh yeah. I hate how gay Brawl nerfed pretty much all his moves, especially the Falcon Punch... Were it not for that, I would've used him a lot more like I did in the first two games.

Why is it almost always the 3rd installments that suck?

Old Post Jan 7th, 2010 03:17 AM
LLLLLink
The Juror of Courage

No catfish combos in Brawl is fail.
Oh, and nobody is allowed to say the S word in here.

Old Post Jan 7th, 2010 05:14 PM
Black Yoshi
The Best Yoshi

quote: (post)
Originally posted by LLLLLink
I do want a game that encompasses Falcon's life as a bounty hunter as well as a racer.

That would be pretty cool.

Old Post Jan 7th, 2010 08:40 PM
Black Yoshi is currently offline Click here to Send Black Yoshi a Private Message Find more posts by Black Yoshi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

No catfish combos in Brawl is fail.

Agreed... thumb down

Oh, and nobody is allowed to say the S word in here.

That's only if it's being referred to the character that the respect thread is being dedicated to, and I never said Captain Falcon sucked, so I didn't break any rules for the Respect forum.
I only said Brawl sucked... If you don't like that point of view, then suck it up. I have the right to express my opinions where I see fit, and Brawl was abysmal trash IMO, especially when it came to the Captain's nerfing.

Old Post Jan 7th, 2010 08:40 PM
Maester_yoda

wasn't he referring to sakurai? or however you spell it?

The guy that made brawl suck?

"You do this, Sam, and its all about you, the great Sam Gerard." "Yes I am." "And you always have to win." "Yes I do."

Old Post Jan 7th, 2010 11:41 PM
Maester_yoda is currently offline Click here to Send Maester_yoda a Private Message Find more posts by Maester_yoda Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Oh... Perhaps he was referring to him.

Sakurai was also the one who made the Kirby games though and designed them so that anyone could beat them, regardless of their age. When you take a guy with that kind of mentality and make him the forefront of Brawl, it's no wonder it turned out the way it did...

He's a good guy and all, just wasn't the right person to direct Brawl, IMO.

Old Post Jan 8th, 2010 01:22 AM
Black Yoshi
The Best Yoshi

Shigeru Miyamoto should've been the director of the game, and I bet he would've done a much better job in terms of character balance and roster. After both Metaknight and King Dedede were confirmed, I knew at least one of them was going to be overpowered.

Unfortunately, I was right...

Last edited by Black Yoshi on Jan 8th, 2010 at 06:06 AM

Old Post Jan 8th, 2010 05:52 AM
Black Yoshi is currently offline Click here to Send Black Yoshi a Private Message Find more posts by Black Yoshi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote