KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Communications » News & Questions » Any Plans for KMC 10th Anniversary?

Any Plans for KMC 10th Anniversary?
Started by: WickedDynamite

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

Warning Any Plans for KMC 10th Anniversary?

Well?

Old Post Jan 6th, 2010 10:22 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

Ban all the asshats!

Old Post Jan 7th, 2010 12:13 AM
LanceWindu is currently offline Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Re: Any Plans for KMC 10th Anniversary?

quote: (post)
Originally posted by WickedDynamite
Well?

Get the girls in your sig to come to my house and do wonderful/terrible things for me.

Old Post Jan 7th, 2010 01:44 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Squirrel Fart

After they were at my house with me, you can have sloppy seconds.

Old Post Jan 7th, 2010 03:23 AM
Squirrel Fart is currently offline Click here to Send Squirrel Fart a Private Message Find more posts by Squirrel Fart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

Sounds like a good plan! I will bring the DVD....err..I mean the girls to BF house and we're gonna do some fun stuff (our idea of "fun")

You guys won't mind if I bring along my Evil Twin....would ya?

Old Post Jan 7th, 2010 05:36 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
§P0oONY

Originally posted by LanceWindu
Ban all the asshats!
We have names...

Old Post Jan 8th, 2010 01:42 AM
§P0oONY is currently offline Click here to Send §P0oONY a Private Message Find more posts by §P0oONY Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

When, exactly, is the date of KMC's decade anny?

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Jan 9th, 2010 07:41 PM
Impediment is online now! Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

Originally posted by §P0oONY
We have names...

Back in the cage!

Old Post Jan 9th, 2010 07:56 PM
LanceWindu is currently offline Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

July 31st, I believe. Raz's registration date.

Old Post Jan 10th, 2010 09:59 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

Raz was not the first member though...UnknownBountyHunter was. His registration date is June 4th.

Old Post Jan 10th, 2010 06:42 PM
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

Yeah...and Unknown dude has done so much for this place he's worth remembering....

Old Post Jan 11th, 2010 05:16 PM
LanceWindu

Yeah...and Unknown dude has done so much for this place he's worth remembering....

(please log in to view the image)

We are going by the KMC Anniversary, not Raz's sign up date. Since UBH registered on that day, and he's the first ever member, naturally that is the closest date we have to the KMC Anniversary.

Dee dee dee!

Old Post Jan 11th, 2010 10:35 PM
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

Well, to my knowledge Unknownwhoeverhewas did not administrate these forums nor did he do anything to make this place what it is today. He would have some importance in this discussion if he still posted or contributed to our community. Does he?

Now, as for a date...it would only be important if there are plans for an anniversary...which is what the OP is asking. If there are plans then I humbly would suggest Raz to decide on a date to throw the big bash.

Dee dee dee! your gimmicks and nonsense back to your cave. I'm too old for your business.

Old Post Jan 11th, 2010 11:03 PM
LanceWindu

Well, to my knowledge Unknownwhoeverhewas did not administrate these forums nor did he do anything to make this place what it is today. He would have some importance in this discussion if he still posted or contributed to our community. Does he?

Now, as for a date...it would only be important if there are plans for an anniversary...which is what the OP is asking. If there are plans then I humbly would suggest Raz to decide on a date to throw the big bash.

Dee dee dee! your gimmicks and nonsense back to your cave. I'm too old for your business.

You are obviously still not getting the point.

Since UBH's sign up date is the earliest one, it's the closest (if not THE) date that KMC was created. UBH was the original creator of KMC, to my knowledge, and he handed the reigns over to Raz.

If we were to have a KMC Anniversary Bash, it's only logical to do it on the actual anniversary.

And yes...you are pretty old.

Old Post Jan 12th, 2010 12:57 AM
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

No, I do get the point, it's that you don't get mine. Which again I will point that Unknownwhateverhisname is no longer current with this KMC. Maybe in early days of Star Wars he was, but since those days KMC practically evolved into a whole new monster.

Again, if a date is to be decided for a possible KMC anniversary...leave it to Raz to decide (mind you I'm not passing the buck....just making a simple suggestion) or he could go with Uknowsomethingname first post. Which ever it is a 10th year celebration would be a neat idea.

Old Post Jan 12th, 2010 04:22 AM
Peach
mordrem

The fact that he's no longer current doesn't really change the fact that that's the first registered date on KMC, though.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Jan 12th, 2010 06:31 AM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

Originally posted by Peach
The fact that he's no longer current doesn't really change the fact that that's the first registered date on KMC, though.

Exactly!

Old Post Jan 12th, 2010 08:13 AM
Vinny Valentine
Vinny Valentine

Going to back up WD on this one, I think he makes a decent point.

If we're going to do a 10 year anny, we might as well do it from an important date if we're going to bring it down to a month difference.

10 Year Anny since Raz has developed and maintained the forums seems like a very logical way to go, rather than 10 years to the first member who happened to register to the closest opening date of the forum.

I'd say 31st for Anniversary. If not, put it up for vote on the entire forum:

A) Closest member sign up to original KMC release

or

B) Raz's sign up since his development and maintaining OF KMC over 10 years.

Old Post Jan 12th, 2010 01:45 PM
Vinny Valentine is currently offline Click here to Send Vinny Valentine a Private Message Find more posts by Vinny Valentine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

No, I do get the point, it's that you don't get mine. Which again I will point that Unknownwhateverhisname is no longer current with this KMC. Maybe in early days of Star Wars he was, but since those days KMC practically evolved into a whole new monster.

Again, if a date is to be decided for a possible KMC anniversary...leave it to Raz to decide (mind you I'm not passing the buck....just making a simple suggestion) or he could go with Uknowsomethingname first post. Which ever it is a 10th year celebration would be a neat idea.

You don't decide dates for anniversaries, they have already been set....that's the point of an anniversary. You could perhaps decide that you want to celebrate Raz's anniversary, or that you want to celebrate the KMC anniversary on a more convenient day, but that wouldn't necessarily be the KMC anniversary.

Last edited by Bardock42 on Jan 12th, 2010 at 03:45 PM

Old Post Jan 12th, 2010 03:43 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

Originally posted by Vinny Valentine

If we're going to do a 10 year anny, we might as well do it from an important date if we're going to bring it down to a month difference.

A good example would be the opening of new forum. I remember when the Kill Bill forum first open. Raz, open the forum....Korry was the first one to post. If we were to celebrate the anniversary of the Kill Bill (which is obvious no longer active) forum...we would go with whoever cut the ribbon? No, of course not, Raz made it happen...he gets the pat on the back not the first poster. Besides, if memory serves me right, in the past when Raz creates a new forum...no one can post until he allows it. So whoever post first is irrelevant.

Further more...we still need to know if there are going to be any celebrations for the 10th. We're jumping the gun here with dates and stuff.

Last edited by WanderingDroid on Jan 12th, 2010 at 04:56 PM

Old Post Jan 12th, 2010 04:51 PM