KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Communications » News & Questions » Any Plans for KMC 10th Anniversary?

Any Plans for KMC 10th Anniversary?
Started by: WickedDynamite

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Vinny Valentine
Vinny Valentine

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Bardock42
You don't decide dates for anniversaries, they have already been set....that's the point of an anniversary. You could perhaps decide that you want to celebrate Raz's anniversary, or that you want to celebrate the KMC anniversary on a more convenient day, but that wouldn't necessarily be the KMC anniversary.

But if we picked the date to be the first member joining, and not the actual opening date, then we're still picking the date.

Old Post Jan 12th, 2010 05:00 PM
Vinny Valentine is currently offline Click here to Send Vinny Valentine a Private Message Find more posts by Vinny Valentine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Raz created these forums. He's the first- ignore any evidence to the contrary. The earliest starting dates are messed up due to various issues, including the transfer over from episode-ii.co.uk. The older posters pre-date the KMC port-over and the join dates are irrelevant at that point

UBH was the first mod at episode-ii.co.uk, and was completely weird, but Raz is the creator of all this.

Except maybe Zed.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Last edited by Ushgarak on Jan 12th, 2010 at 11:34 PM

Old Post Jan 12th, 2010 05:33 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

Originally posted by Vinny Valentine
But if we picked the date to be the first member joining, and not the actual opening date, then we're still picking the date.

First member joining IS the actual opening date. The original administrator would have to sign in to the forum to actually created the different sections.

We're picking a date...the correct one.

Old Post Jan 12th, 2010 05:33 PM
LanceWindu is currently offline Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Honestly, no you are not.

If you are talking about the KMC forums, Raz's join date is the accurate one, as that is when they actually started existing. The other start dates are simulated. Raz, as I remember, did not do that for himself.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

BtVS

Last edited by Ushgarak on Jan 12th, 2010 at 05:40 PM

Old Post Jan 12th, 2010 05:36 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

Originally posted by Ushgarak
Honestly, no you are not.

If you are talking about the KMC forums, Raz's join date is the accurate one, as that is when they actually started existing. The other start dates are simulated. Raz, as I remember, did not do that for himself.

I stand corrected, I just wanted to get the most accurate date. Seeing as how the members list is farked up, how was I to know?

Old Post Jan 12th, 2010 05:42 PM
LanceWindu is currently offline Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Lordy, those start dates have queeq and Gundark joning after me. They were Jedi Council members (globals) before I joined.*

The trick is to try and find the first post in this place. Various bumping vandals kinda messed that up, but it could only be in either the GDF or the Prequel SW section.

I reckon you will find the first post is significantly after those early join dates.

* on reflection, it is possible I opened an account some six months before I began posting; I posted a theory on Raz's old speculation page long before I joined the forums.

In that case, all the early member join dates are likely from episodeii.co.uk, and got ported over at some point after the transfer; I think SOME posts from the earlier version came across but not the earliest days. Regardless, we should count thiings from the day the KMC forums opened.

I also have a vague memory that Raz was not on his first account (it would be Raz and Zed that kicked this place off), which may explain his apparently later start date.

In any case, I remember the day Raz opened the KMC forums and invited me to try them out.

BtVS

Last edited by Ushgarak on Jan 12th, 2010 at 05:53 PM

Old Post Jan 12th, 2010 05:43 PM
LanceWindu

I wonder if Raz is able to open the files and change the error. Make his join date correct and stuff.

Old Post Jan 12th, 2010 05:45 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Just edited my post- I don't think they are errors as such, just misleading.

In essence you are entirely correct of coruse- the important point is the day the forums opened, not when the most significant poster starterd posting. Just that first day is harder to find than it first appears.

BtVS

Last edited by Ushgarak on Jan 12th, 2010 at 05:50 PM

Old Post Jan 12th, 2010 05:48 PM
LanceWindu

I remember when I joined, KMC was on a completely different style of message board, and it was transferred to vBulletin later on. We had the Episode-ii-co.uk banner still, however I remember it being called KMC even back then.

I think I joined not long after the switch...maybe, possibly.

Member number 190!

Old Post Jan 12th, 2010 05:53 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

I suspect you may find that the KMC 10th anniversary would be in 2011. The SW RP area certainly did not exist until 2001, and building it was one of the first things I did here, and I was here on day 1.

BtVS

Old Post Jan 12th, 2010 05:55 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Got it.

Zed and Killermovies Staff (pretty much a dummy account), are the genuine first members of this forum- start of April 2001.

Well, actually they are listed as second and third, but I suspect the first is Raz.

Oh, and queeq and Gundark did not JC up until March 2001- and I posted in the thread saying they had been promoted. Forgot that...

BtVS

Last edited by Ushgarak on Jan 12th, 2010 at 06:02 PM

Old Post Jan 12th, 2010 05:59 PM
LanceWindu

Got it.

Zed and Killermovies Staff (pretty much a dummy account), are the genuine first members of this forum- start of April 2001.

Well, actually they are listed as second and third, but I suspect the first is Raz.

Oh, and queeq and Gundark did not JC up until March 2001. My mistake!

Wow, really? I didn't join that long after you guys, to this version of the forums, at least.

Old Post Jan 12th, 2010 06:02 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Sure. Even Edna only joined in March, just before the move over.

Anyone listed on the Members list before Zed is in fact only applying to episode-ii.co.uk accounts, and I think that only covers those who came over to the new place (which is why there is only one page worth of them). Those accounts were subsequently amended so their start dates matched their episode-ii ones, but Raz's account was something slightly different in that respect. A bunch of episode-ii posts were ported over as well, but not all. Certainly a lot of old sections (like the original RP section) are long gone.

I think only Raz could tell you when the episode-ii.co.uk forums started.

BtVS

Last edited by Ushgarak on Jan 12th, 2010 at 06:07 PM

Old Post Jan 12th, 2010 06:05 PM
LanceWindu

Sure. Even Edna only joined in March, just before the move over.

Anyone listed on the Members list before Zed is in fact only applying to episode-ii.co.uk accounts, and I think that only accounts for those who came over to the new place.

Damn...that early member list is very misleading.

Can't believe it's 9 years this June, since I first joined and met you and the other Jedi Council Members.

Old Post Jan 12th, 2010 06:06 PM
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

Well, this became like the debate over Christmas origin and the origin festival of Saturnalia...yeah, give up gifts and egg nog for getting drunk and acting like fools..I prefer the former....blagh!

Let me propose this (if you like) why don't we just go with the date on Raz profile and we have our bash!.... Or we wait another year....

Out with the old and in with the new.

(mind you I'm old but still count!)

Old Post Jan 12th, 2010 06:48 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

Originally posted by WickedDynamite
Well, this became like the debate over Christmas origin and the origin festival of Saturnalia...yeah, give up gifts and egg nog for getting drunk and acting like fools..I prefer the former....blagh!

Let me propose this (if you like) why don't we just go with the date on Raz profile and we have our bash!.... Or we wait another year....

Out with the old and in with the new.

(mind you I'm old but still count!)

I'd personally prefer waiting until the proper date, which would be April 1st of next year, if Ush is correct.

But who is to stop us from celebrating both days?

Old Post Jan 12th, 2010 06:49 PM
Bardock42

Originally posted by Vinny Valentine

Oh yes, I agree, I would assume that Raz actually knows when he opened KMC, there is obviously some confusion in the start dates.

Old Post Jan 12th, 2010 07:49 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

Originally posted by LanceWindu
I'd personally prefer waiting until the proper date, which would be April 1st of next year, if Ush is correct.

But who is to stop us from celebrating both days?

Yeah, we could celebrate all month. That would be neat and better than just to choose a date.

We should have a contest for people whom want make a 10th year anniversary banner.

Old Post Jan 12th, 2010 10:32 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Ah, here we are.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f11/t594.html

Raz informs us of the move April 10th. As he says in that post, he was setting the place up before then, so that is why Killermovies Staff and Zed date from the week before.

Note how he says there that he cannot transfer the older posts over. Now, as that thread is part of the old boards, that clearly did not eventually prove to be the case. The truth is that he later found a way to bring the old stuff over (minus abandoned old areas like the original RP area). However, everyone did have to re-register at that time at the new place, and as I said, their join dates were subsequently backdated.

BtVS

Last edited by Ushgarak on Jan 12th, 2010 at 11:42 PM

Old Post Jan 12th, 2010 11:39 PM
REXXXX
Networking

How bizarre. I've been on KMC for a ridiculously long time.

Old Post Jan 13th, 2010 04:16 PM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote