KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » Storm Shadow versus Batman...

Storm Shadow versus Batman...
Started by: Rogue Jedi

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « First ... « 2 3 [4]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Nightstick
In what way? The actor playing Storm Shadow. Was far more technicaly proficient in terms of moves and the execuction their of and while the choreography in G.I Joe left something to be desired it was still watchable unlike the crap in TDK. Further it not like Baleman met with greater success in melee combat.

So while skill is some what subjective. I ask again how was Baleman a better h2h combatant? He was not as techinaley proficient/trained nor was he more succesfull in regards to fighting h2h.
See my above post.

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post Jan 12th, 2010 05:44 AM
Rogue Jedi is currently offline Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nightstick

Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
I referred to the TDK version only because of the armor, Batman is faster and can move easier than in BB. I seriously doubt that his fighting skills somehow deteriorated in the time period between BB and TDK.

I would suspect his fighting ability to have increased between the films. Not that it matters much because as Anthology Bats still has him beat in the skill department. Capable of incorperate multiple styles and forms into a single encounter and proven to be more effect in a straight fight with large groups.

His suit may allow for better speed in TDk then in BB, but he has still not demonstrated the reaction time needed to block bullets after they are fired.

Point being, in BB, yes, he took on ninja after ninja and pwned them all.

The most I recall him squaring off with in a head on fight was 3. Anthology Batman can win a head on fight with six guys all pointing submachine guns at him.

But since I referred to TDK Batman, I guess I can't use BB feats. Even though it stands to reason that anything he did in BB he can do even better in TDK.

What are you talking about, of course you can use. Batman Begins feats. Its the same bloody character.

He did take on the accountants men head on in TDK, and the thugs in the nightclub.

*giggles inside, DDM'll know why*

Didn't he cut the lights and ambush the accountents men. Thugs in the nightclub? Remind me what scene you are refering to?

Old Post Jan 12th, 2010 05:58 AM
Nightstick is currently offline Click here to Send Nightstick a Private Message Find more posts by Nightstick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

I would suspect his fighting ability to have increased between the films. Not that it matters much because as Anthology Bats still has him beat in the skill department. Capable of incorperate multiple styles and forms into a single encounter and proven to be more effect in a straight fight with large groups.

His suit may allow for better speed in TDk then in BB, but he has still not demonstrated the reaction time needed to block bullets after they are fired.

The most I recall him squaring off with in a head on fight was 3. Anthology Batman can win a head on fight with six guys all pointing submachine guns at him.

What are you talking about, of course you can use. Batman Begins feats. Its the same bloody character.

Didn't he cut the lights and ambush the accountents men. Thugs in the nightclub? Remind me what scene you are refering to?

Why are we discussing Anthology Batman and blocking bullets?

Yeah, six guys who were, from what I remember, absolute shit.

Good.

Yeah. The nightclub scene where he apprehends Eric Roberts.

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post Jan 12th, 2010 06:21 AM
Rogue Jedi is currently offline Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

If you look at the Batman fight scenes, then look at Storm Shadow and Snake Eyes take down random goons, and fight each other, it's clear they're out of Batman's league in the speed/skill department.

And dogs bit through Batman's armor in TDK, I doubt SS will have trouble getting through it.

Old Post Jan 12th, 2010 06:22 AM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by KingD19
If you look at the Batman fight scenes, then look at Storm Shadow and Snake Eyes take down random goons, and fight each other, it's clear they're out of Batman's league in the speed/skill department.

And dogs bit through Batman's armor in TDK, I doubt SS will have trouble getting through it.
Skill is debatable, as is speed.

The dog bit through the arm.

Old Post Jan 12th, 2010 06:24 AM
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

Compared with how he fought, I don't think there's any debate, SS has him beat.

And if dog teeth can get through the arm, a sword can.

Old Post Jan 12th, 2010 06:36 AM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Also, Duke totally had the drop on SS, if the Baroness hadn't intervened, Duke would have gunned him down.

Old Post Jan 12th, 2010 06:37 AM
Nightstick

Why are we discussing Anthology Batman and blocking bullets?

Well. Because we have gotten off on a discusion of Anthology Batman vs Baleman. So its seems pertinent to that conversation that Anthology Batman blocks bullets. Meaning he is way faster then Baleman in terms of reaction time.

Yeah, six guys who were, from what I remember, absolute shit.

No worse then the gun toting goons, that Baleman has to sneak around to take out.

Yeah. The nightclub scene where he apprehends Eric Roberts.

Was this in TDK or Begins?

Old Post Jan 13th, 2010 12:08 AM
Nightstick is currently offline Click here to Send Nightstick a Private Message Find more posts by Nightstick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Well. Because we have gotten off on a discusion of Anthology Batman vs Baleman. So its seems pertinent to that conversation that Anthology Batman blocks bullets. Meaning he is way faster then Baleman in terms of reaction time.

No worse then the gun toting goons, that Baleman has to sneak around to take out.

Was this in TDK or Begins?
Forgive me, its been ages, when did he block bullets?

TDK.

Old Post Jan 13th, 2010 12:10 AM
Nightstick

Forgive me, its been ages, when did he block bullets?

TDK.

Chemical plant fight against Joker

Crap, I guess I am going to have to watch TDK again.

Old Post Jan 13th, 2010 12:12 AM
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Chemical plant fight against Joker

Crap, I guess I am going to have to watch TDK again.
Remember when he enters the nightclub and takes on Eric Roberts's goons? Then he drops him to the street?

I dont remember that scene, youtube?

Old Post Jan 13th, 2010 12:14 AM