KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Spider-Man » Spidey 4- DEAD Confirmed

Spidey 4- DEAD Confirmed
Started by: Sith Master X

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (13): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Scythe
The Goat

quote: (post)
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
from what i am hearing spiderman quite possibly be dark and maybe 3-d...

also possible names taylor lautner, shia lebouf, and drake bell are being bandied about as possible replacments..

I hope it is dark, but those replacements suck. Do not want.

Old Post Jan 12th, 2010 08:06 PM
Scythe is currently offline Click here to Send Scythe a Private Message Find more posts by Scythe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by Scythe
I hope it is dark, but those replacements suck. Do not want.

yeah i hear about those replacements, but who knows, but sony better hope this film is a success otherwise they will have lots of egg on their faces

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jan 12th, 2010 08:10 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chomperx9
Restricted

Account Restricted

Old Post Jan 12th, 2010 08:52 PM
chomperx9 is currently offline Click here to Send chomperx9 a Private Message Find more posts by chomperx9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
H. S. 6
Approaching the End

I'm excited about the possibility of some improvement after Spider-Man 3. The first two were great, but I think the third stained the reputation of the series a bit.

Give someone else a chance--maybe they can actually make a funny/sarcastic Spidey this time. stick out tongue

Old Post Jan 12th, 2010 09:52 PM
H. S. 6 is currently offline Click here to Send H. S. 6 a Private Message Find more posts by H. S. 6 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

I don't know about casting Shia Leboeuf, but no one could do Peter Parker better verbally; his ad-libbing in Transformers is very funny. Maguire's squeaky voice was one of his weak points.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Jan 12th, 2010 10:53 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Quincy
Debaser

Alright - I find this a huge surprise. And I'm also a little disappointed. I agree with the sentiments about a waste of already developed characters and story arcs. Ending it after 3? I mean, not even giving the series a chance to bring itself back from a less than stellar installment?

So they are just going to scrap it all? What is it with Marvel and their fixation on reboots? Everyone wants to be Batman for christsakes.

Sig by Scribble

Old Post Jan 12th, 2010 11:40 PM
Quincy is currently offline Click here to Send Quincy a Private Message Find more posts by Quincy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

Tbh, I'm glad it's being rebooted after Spiderman 3.

But I'm not liking the names Taylor Lautner(wtf he's indian) or Drake Bell(wtf he sucks) anywhere near my Spiderman.

Shia is alright, but I don't really see him as Peter Parker.

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post Jan 12th, 2010 11:43 PM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chomperx9
Restricted

Account Restricted

the question is are they gonna make it serious and realistice kinda likw how nolan does with the batman films ? or does disney want it to be kinda childish kinda like batman and robin ?

Old Post Jan 13th, 2010 01:04 AM
chomperx9 is currently offline Click here to Send chomperx9 a Private Message Find more posts by chomperx9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Badabing
Karen

I enjoyed Spidey 1, 2 and even 3. But I was a bit irked they skipped him straight from high school to graduating. I always liked the Spidey stories where he's a teenager in high school. I hope they show Peter's scientific side, especially regarding his webbing formula.

Maguire has to be in his 30's by now and, imo, was getting too old. He could have pulled off a 4th Spidey film but what next? He'd be close to 40 if they made a 5th Spidey film with him. Starting over makes sense using a new, younger cast.

You've just been Trump'd!

Official pimp of Steverules

Sig by Steve Rules

Old Post Jan 13th, 2010 03:38 AM
Badabing is currently offline Click here to Send Badabing a Private Message Find more posts by Badabing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Micheal_Myers
KMC's resident thrasher!

I'm excited about this reboot. I liked the original franchise, dont get me wrong. But as stated many times above, Spidermans character wasn't funny or sarcastic like he was in the comics. And to be honest with you, it doesnt make any sense to me. You'd think Spidey's jokes would be perfect for corny movie trailer punchlines.

Anyways I'm down with a reboot. Lose the organic webbing and bring the Spidey jokes! Also bring a good Venom.

Old Post Jan 13th, 2010 06:17 AM
Micheal_Myers is currently offline Click here to Send Micheal_Myers a Private Message Find more posts by Micheal_Myers Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Squirrel Fart

WOOT!

Can someone pleaseeee fire Fox from the X-Men franchise??

Old Post Jan 13th, 2010 07:00 AM
Squirrel Fart is currently offline Click here to Send Squirrel Fart a Private Message Find more posts by Squirrel Fart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

Topher grace should be peter parker.

tobey maguire is a little girl. Well, this franchise has gone to shit. It's starting over and parker is in high school all over again. GOD DAMN!!!

Old Post Jan 13th, 2010 04:43 PM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthmaul1

Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
Topher grace should be peter parker.

tobey maguire is a little girl. Well, this franchise has gone to shit. It's starting over and parker is in high school all over again. GOD DAMN!!!

rebooting spiderman. Seriously?? its only been 9 years since the first one, and even though i wasn't that fussy for any of the films, they were ok but they said they want to appeal to a younger audiance?? WTF! just carry on but get rid of kirsten dump. It's not as if spiderman was as big a disapointment as the first hulk movie. The 3rd spidey movie had too many villans they should of just gone with venom and hob goblin. i was looking forward to the 4th if it had lizard man in it, which the guy they cast as conner would of been good.

Old Post Jan 13th, 2010 05:19 PM
darthmaul1 is currently offline Click here to Send darthmaul1 a Private Message Find more posts by darthmaul1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Micheal_Myers
KMC's resident thrasher!

Peter Parker belongs in High School IMO. Spectactular Spiderman is AMAZING! If they take a few hints from that show make it a bit more mature, this film could be the best Spidey film of all.

Also, am I the only one excited about possibly seeing a REAL Green Goblin instead of Alien Cyborg Goblin?

Old Post Jan 13th, 2010 06:11 PM
Micheal_Myers is currently offline Click here to Send Micheal_Myers a Private Message Find more posts by Micheal_Myers Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthmaul1

Originally posted by Micheal_Myers
Peter Parker belongs in High School IMO. Spectactular Spiderman is AMAZING! If they take a few hints from that show make it a bit more mature, this film could be the best Spidey film of all.

Also, am I the only one excited about possibly seeing a REAL Green Goblin instead of Alien Cyborg Goblin?

That would be good, i always thought that when they cast willam defoe as the green goblin he would be good. but he sucked cause the costume was terrible, they could of gone with a batman type mask so you can at least see the bottom of his face.

Old Post Jan 13th, 2010 07:42 PM
darthmaul1 is currently offline Click here to Send darthmaul1 a Private Message Find more posts by darthmaul1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by Micheal_Myers

but at some point Peter Parker has to got to grow up and become a man so putting in high school along with the miley cyrus and other little kids since this will be aimed at them better produce a huge smashing success otherwise their will be firings over at sony

Old Post Jan 13th, 2010 08:08 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

just thought about this... who all wants Rob Pattinson and Kristin Stewart to replace Tobey and Kirsten?

Old Post Jan 13th, 2010 10:32 PM
darthmaul1

Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
just thought about this... who all wants Rob Pattinson and Kristin Stewart to replace Tobey and Kirsten?

I was just going to say the same thing, not that i like twighlight. but it would be a fantastic marketing ploy to get ALL the girls to go see the movie.

Old Post Jan 13th, 2010 10:45 PM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by darthmaul1
I was just going to say the same thing, not that i like twighlight. but it would be a fantastic marketing ploy to get ALL the girls to go see the movie.

and forget Taylor Lautner will be Harry...

right now at this point i really do not know what sony is doing so i hope when actual people are casted i hope the cast is good

Old Post Jan 13th, 2010 11:07 PM
Spartan005

whats next? are they going to reboot "The dark Knight" too?

jesus christ. WHAT IS THE POINT??????

Thanks Vinny!

Old Post Jan 14th, 2010 04:13 AM
Spartan005 is currently offline Click here to Send Spartan005 a Private Message Find more posts by Spartan005 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote