KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Spider-Man » Spidey 4- DEAD Confirmed

Spidey 4- DEAD Confirmed
Started by: Sith Master X

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (13): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Micheal_Myers
Why is everyone tossing disney actor names in this? I seriously doubt Miley Cyrus's name will be attached to this film. I think some of you are being overly pessimistic over what could be a very positive change in this franchise...

well the thing is since sony is possibly looking to a kid audience that is the reson for all the stories regarding kid actors.. and

I could be right

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Last edited by BruceSkywalker on Jan 18th, 2010 at 07:54 PM

Old Post Jan 18th, 2010 07:49 PM
BruceSkywalker is online now! Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
spidermanrocks

WTF reboot? What's next? Will they reboot X-Men and Iron Man too? SM3 was bad but it wasn't reboot bad. Why not just make a better sequel? Don't get me wrong. I'm happy about the reboot but in my opinion, it's way too early. Raimi's frnachise is still too fresh in our minds and people who don't read comics and don't do any research will be walkin in theatre on that day when it comes out and they will expect a sequel. When they see new actors etc. they will get confused. I think they should release SM4 and then do the reboot.

I hope this reboot won't dissapoint. Here are some things that I would like to see in the reboot:

-Peter in high school for the first movie (I don't care about the sequels but the movie will be rushed if he graduates as fast as he did in SM1)
-A more geeky peter parker
-liz allan as his first crush
-gwen stacy as his friend (or maybe lover by the end of the movie)
-no mary jane yet (gwen's his true love)
-WEBSHOOTERS
-a spider-man who jokes around and makes you laugh and annoys his villains
-norman osborn acting more like the 90's/Ultimate/Spectacular spider-man cartoon/current comics Osborn (in other words, the lex luthor version of norman)
-have an actual plot this time Raimi's movies were more like the old school superhero movies. A villain is created, spidey fights him, spidey loses, spiey comes back, villain dies. Have an actual plot this time like Nolan's batman. Stop killing off villains.
-have other minor villains in the movie like nolan's batman. for example, scarecrow came back in TDK in the beginning. Have the same thing with spider-man. Have him battles minor villains like for example Shocker and Rhino, similar to how he always fights Shocker and Rhino in USM.
-a scary green goblin that actually wears the green and purple suit.

Old Post Jan 18th, 2010 10:07 PM
spidermanrocks is currently offline Click here to Send spidermanrocks a Private Message Find more posts by spidermanrocks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
spidermanrocks

continued...
-have cameos of other villains throughout the sequels. Kingpin could make an appearance every now and then talking with osborn on the phone or something. chameleon could make small some appearances too like he did in the last episode of Spectacular Spier-Man
-don't make it batman dark but at the same time, don't make it cheesy like the first movie (the first one was a little cheesy IMO but it was still great)
-don't use Green Goblin as a villain for the first movie. He should come in the sequels like ledger's joker did
-better venom but don't bring him in until the second trilogy (movies 4-6)
-have a black suit that looks just like the comics one and have a dark peter parker that wears it
-introduce carnage and just unleash him. rate the movie R if possible.
-lizard...will we ever see him at all in a movie?
-how could we forget hobgoblin and mysterio?
-mary jane played by a hot redhead (dunst wasn't hot at all) and make her a party girl like in the comics
that's all i got for now

Old Post Jan 18th, 2010 10:18 PM
spidermanrocks is currently offline Click here to Send spidermanrocks a Private Message Find more posts by spidermanrocks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sith Master X
Darth Sadistic

Originally posted by spidermanrocks
WTF reboot? What's next? Will they reboot X-Men and Iron Man too? SM3 was bad but it wasn't reboot bad. Why not just make a better sequel?

My thoughts exactly! I can't figure this one out. This is sending a message out to world of movies where you can have 2 great movies, one mediocre one, and you toss everything out and restart. What a waste of progression.

I like George.

Old Post Jan 19th, 2010 06:59 AM
Sith Master X is currently offline Click here to Send Sith Master X a Private Message Find more posts by Sith Master X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deadline

Re: Spidey 4- DEAD Confirmed

Originally posted by Sith Master X
Sony has just axed McGuire and Sam Raimi in favor of rebooting the franchise. This includes sending Peter Parker back to his high school days. Release date set for 2012.

This makes absolutely zero sense to me. I understand there are script disagreements going on right now, but this is utter BS.

You know what I suspect. When Marvel come out with Captain Ameriac the frist Avenger they're actually going to create a movie marvel universe that is canon like the comics. Apparently any marvel movies after Cap will exist in the same time line. So the Spiderman movies aren't in the same time line that explains it.

Old Post Jan 19th, 2010 04:25 PM
Deadline is currently offline Click here to Send Deadline a Private Message Find more posts by Deadline Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Micheal_Myers
KMC's resident thrasher!

Originally posted by Sith Master X
My thoughts exactly! I can't figure this one out. This is sending a message out to world of movies where you can have 2 great movies, one mediocre one, and you toss everything out and restart. What a waste of progression.

Mediocre? Spiderman 3 was terrible. This isnt even sending that kind of message to anyone either. Raimi QUIT! Tobey followed suit. Its better to reboot with a new actor then continue the story with one and everyone would be like WTF?! This isnt even about how bad SM 3 was.

Old Post Jan 19th, 2010 06:27 PM
Micheal_Myers is currently offline Click here to Send Micheal_Myers a Private Message Find more posts by Micheal_Myers Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

Originally posted by spidermanrocks
WTF reboot? What's next? Will they reboot X-Men and Iron Man too?

Please, please, please reboot the X-Men franchise!

Old Post Jan 19th, 2010 07:16 PM
LanceWindu is currently offline Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Old Post Jan 19th, 2010 07:40 PM
BruceSkywalker is online now! Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Micheal_Myers
KMC's resident thrasher!

Originally posted by LanceWindu
Please, please, please reboot the X-Men franchise!

Co-signed.

Old Post Jan 20th, 2010 04:10 AM
Micheal_Myers is currently offline Click here to Send Micheal_Myers a Private Message Find more posts by Micheal_Myers Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Found someone to direct it now

Marc Webb

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=62499

Old Post Jan 20th, 2010 05:30 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by Kazenji
Found someone to direct it now

Marc Webb

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=62499

i have no idea who this person is, but i will wait and see

Old Post Jan 20th, 2010 07:20 AM
Micheal_Myers
KMC's resident thrasher!

Not really familiar with his work, but whatever. Lets get some casting done now....

Old Post Jan 20th, 2010 08:18 AM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

whats next joseph gordon levitt as Parker/Spiderman???

Old Post Jan 20th, 2010 10:06 AM
Mr Parker

Originally posted by LanceWindu
I'm with Mr Parker on this one...when you really look back at the first Raimi Spider-Man movie...it's absolute crap.

1. Waaaaay too colorful and cartoony. Yes, I know it's a comic book movie, but the colors are way too much.

2. Green Goblin...seriously? This is a no-brainer. He was a Power Rangers reject.

3. Kirsten as Mary Jane? Mary Jane is supposed to be the gorgeous girl next door, not the snaggle toothed troll next door. Not to mention in the movie they had known each other their whole lives, whereas in the comics they were introduced to each other much later.

4. Where is the Spidey humor? Very piss poor.

The second film was better, but it still had many of the same flaws as the first. And don't get me started on the third.

I'm all for a reboot.

Thank You Lance.Not to mention you cant have a true spidey movie without the mechs and that was absurd that Peter and Mj knew each other since grade scholl WTF!!!!!!! mad Im okay with a change like them meeting in high school instead of college but that was just plain idiotic plus Mary Jane acted NOTHING at all from the Mary Jane from the comics and was mcuh more like Gwen Stacy.How pathetic. You hit the nail right on the head about the Goblin costume as well.could not have said it better myself. thumb up

reboot all the way!!!!!!!!!! Happy Dance Happy Dance

Old Post Jan 20th, 2010 04:50 PM
Mr Parker is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Parker a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Parker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Micheal_Myers
KMC's resident thrasher!

Originally posted by BruceSkywalker

You have no idea who this director is, yet you still bash it? Talk about ignorance...

Old Post Jan 20th, 2010 06:01 PM
LanceWindu

Personally I think JGL could be a great Peter Parker/Spider-Man.

Old Post Jan 20th, 2010 06:04 PM
LanceWindu is currently offline Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deadline

Mediocre? Spiderman 3 was terrible. This isnt even sending that kind of message to anyone either. Raimi QUIT! Tobey followed suit. Its better to reboot with a new actor then continue the story with one and everyone would be like WTF?! This isnt even about how bad SM 3 was.

I don't know what was wrong with Spiderman 3. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Jan 20th, 2010 07:56 PM
Deadline is currently offline Click here to Send Deadline a Private Message Find more posts by Deadline Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

You have no idea who this director is, yet you still bash it? Talk about ignorance...

i tell you what.. you better hope this unknown person better make a hit film.. also i have read that more unknowns will be casted...

also who is this person, i have never heard of him, so tell me how many hit films has he made? who exactly has he worked with???

he better make people forget about Spiderman 3

Last edited by BruceSkywalker on Jan 20th, 2010 at 08:05 PM

Old Post Jan 20th, 2010 07:58 PM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

i tell you what.. you better hope this unknown person better make a hit film.. also i have read that more unknowns will be casted...

also who is this person, i have never heard of him, so tell me how many hit films has he made? who exactly has he worked with???

he better make people forget about Spiderman 3

i also hope this film has some good action scenes

Old Post Jan 20th, 2010 08:15 PM
Mr. Rhythmic

Marc Webb, Ultimate Spider-Man, and an $80 mil. budget.......

**** Marvel and Sony.

Old Post Jan 20th, 2010 08:45 PM
Mr. Rhythmic is currently offline Click here to Send Mr. Rhythmic a Private Message Find more posts by Mr. Rhythmic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote