KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Spider-Man » Spidey 4- DEAD Confirmed

Spidey 4- DEAD Confirmed
Started by: Sith Master X

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (13): « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Mr. Rhythmic

quote: (post)
Originally posted by LanceWindu
1. Waaaaay too colorful and cartoony. Yes, I know it's a comic book movie, but the colors are way too much.

Guess you never read the comics. The colorfulness and fun was a part of the appeal.

quote:
2. Green Goblin...seriously? This is a no-brainer. He was a Power Rangers reject.

I liked the suit. And if all you're looking at is the costume, I don't respect your opinion. Dafoe as the Goblin himself was incredible, and one of my personal favorite movie villains.

quote:
3. Kirsten as Mary Jane? Mary Jane is supposed to be the gorgeous girl next door, not the snaggle toothed troll next door. Not to mention in the movie they had known each other their whole lives, whereas in the comics they were introduced to each other much later.

She's pretty cute, and fills her role well enough. It's not until 3 where I get annoyed with her.

quote:
4. Where is the Spidey humor? Very piss poor.

I thought those little inward jokes were funny.

Old Post Jan 20th, 2010 08:50 PM
Mr. Rhythmic is currently offline Click here to Send Mr. Rhythmic a Private Message Find more posts by Mr. Rhythmic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

Originally posted by Mr. Rhythmic

Guess you never read the comics. The colorfulness and fun was a part of the appeal.

I liked the suit. And if all you're looking at is the costume, I don't respect your opinion. Dafoe as the Goblin himself was incredible, and one of my personal favorite movie villains.

She's pretty cute, and fills her role well enough. It's not until 3 where I get annoyed with her.

I thought those little inward jokes were funny. [/B]

Just reading your reply...I don't respect your opinion.

Yeah, the comics are supposed to be colorful and cartoony...but the movie was way too saturated in unnatural colors.

Dafoe played Goblin great, I'll give you that, but the costume is NOT the Green Goblin, it was Master Chief with a new helmet.

Kirsten Dunst can be cute, but not as a red head and definitely NOT as Mary Jane. She played the character completely wrong.

There was a bit of Spider-Man's humor, but nothing like the comics. Instead we got humor from Spidey falling or his powers faltering, we really didn't get his sarcastic humor in the middle of fights with his villains.

Old Post Jan 20th, 2010 09:09 PM
LanceWindu is currently offline Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Butcher
Marvelous

It is probably going to be as horrible as the 3rd and second.

Old Post Jan 21st, 2010 03:02 AM
The Butcher is currently offline Click here to Send The Butcher a Private Message Find more posts by The Butcher Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Jeeez don't think like that.

Old Post Jan 21st, 2010 04:08 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Micheal_Myers
KMC's resident thrasher!

Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
i tell you what.. you better hope this unknown person better make a hit film.. also i have read that more unknowns will be casted...

also who is this person, i have never heard of him, so tell me how many hit films has he made? who exactly has he worked with???

he better make people forget about Spiderman 3

Its a Spiderman film. The public loves the character of Spiderman. The film will be a commercial success no matter what. Whether or not it will be critically successful is up in the air. But thats the case for ANY movie that has yet to be released.

As for the title...I'm kinda bummed about them going with Ultimate rather than Amazing Spider-man.

Old Post Jan 21st, 2010 04:54 AM
Micheal_Myers is currently offline Click here to Send Micheal_Myers a Private Message Find more posts by Micheal_Myers Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tired-Hiker
El Bastardo

I'm so glad they are rebooting the web head flicks. The Raimi movies never captured the true flavor of Spidey for me. I doubt the new ones will be any worse.

Old Post Jan 21st, 2010 05:56 AM
Tired-Hiker is currently offline Click here to Send Tired-Hiker a Private Message Find more posts by Tired-Hiker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
starlock
Team Authority

I am all for a new director...though i dont know of him...but a reboot is ridiculous.

http://www.thedeadlyaddictionschronicles.com/

Old Post Jan 21st, 2010 12:25 PM
starlock is currently offline Click here to Send starlock a Private Message Find more posts by starlock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deadline

Re: Re: Spidey 4- DEAD Confirmed

Originally posted by Deadline
You know what I suspect. When Marvel come out with Captain Ameriac the frist Avenger they're actually going to create a movie marvel universe that is canon like the comics. Apparently any marvel movies after Cap will exist in the same time line. So the Spiderman movies aren't in the same time line that explains it.

Originally posted by LanceWindu
Just reading your reply...I don't respect your opinion.

Yeah, the comics are supposed to be colorful and cartoony...but the movie was way too saturated in unnatural colors.

Dafoe played Goblin great, I'll give you that, but the costume is NOT the Green Goblin, it was Master Chief with a new helmet.

Kirsten Dunst can be cute, but not as a red head and definitely NOT as Mary Jane. She played the character completely wrong.

There was a bit of Spider-Man's humor, but nothing like the comics. Instead we got humor from Spidey falling or his powers faltering, we really didn't get his sarcastic humor in the middle of fights with his villains.

You just sound like you're just complaining and nitpicking.

Last edited by Deadline on Jan 21st, 2010 at 04:26 PM

Old Post Jan 21st, 2010 04:23 PM
Deadline is currently offline Click here to Send Deadline a Private Message Find more posts by Deadline Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by Micheal_Myers
Its a Spiderman film. The public loves the character of Spiderman. The film will be a commercial success no matter what. Whether or not it will be critically successful is up in the air. But thats the case for ANY movie that has yet to be released.

As for the title...I'm kinda bummed about them going with Ultimate rather than Amazing Spider-man.

the film being a commercial success... that is to be determined..

a friend of mine just echoed the same sentiment, sony just cannot alienate the films already existing fans in favor of trying to start up all over again, especiially hiring a no name director.. also i keep hearing taylor lautner and miley cyrus as possible candidates, so it seems those rumors aren't going away just yet

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jan 21st, 2010 10:39 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

You just sound like you're just complaining and nitpicking.

No, nitpicking would be if those were my only complaints. I straight up didn't like the entire movies.

Old Post Jan 21st, 2010 11:20 PM
LanceWindu is currently offline Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Butcher
Marvelous

Well,I think the movie will have to much romance.

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2010 01:23 AM
The Butcher is currently offline Click here to Send The Butcher a Private Message Find more posts by The Butcher Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ladders

I'm late to this thread, but, as someone who found the first movie disappointing, the second bad, and the third just plain awful (and who think Toby McGuire makes a horrible Peter Parker)...

HOORAY!!!!!!!

FINALLY!!!!!!!

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2010 02:56 PM
ladders is currently offline Click here to Send ladders a Private Message Find more posts by ladders Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Parker

I don't know what was wrong with Spiderman 3. roll eyes (sarcastic)

that HAD to be sarcastic and a joke.

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2010 05:57 PM
Mr Parker is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Parker a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Parker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Parker

Originally posted by The Butcher
It is probably going to be as horrible as the 3rd and second.

You mean as horrible as the first and third right? The second one was the only one of the Raimi/Mcguire trilogy that was really halfway decent mainly because of the special effects.

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2010 06:02 PM
Mr Parker is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Parker a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Parker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FistOfThe North

hey parker. you dream's finally come true. "a dead spiderman".

how do you feel? gleeful, i wager..

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2010 07:22 PM
FistOfThe North is currently offline Click here to Send FistOfThe North a Private Message Find more posts by FistOfThe North Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Parker

makes me want to go out and do cartwheels and shout out yahoo!!! big grin

the only thing I dont like about it all is even though it is MUCH needed to get a reboot and start it all over again like it was with Batman,unlike with Batman,I dont think the timing to do this is right.When they did Batman Begins it was eight years later after Batman and Robin bombed before they rebooted it.They were smart to wait several years before starting it over again to make up for the mistakes that were made with Batman 89 from several years back. They should do the same thing here and just stop making these man-spider movies for several years and start all over again years from now after the bad taste of this franchise gets out of peoples mouths.Its too early to get it re started all over again with him back in high school so soon.wait several years for crying out loud dammit. mad

Last edited by Mr Parker on Jan 22nd, 2010 at 07:34 PM

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2010 07:27 PM
darthmaul1

IMO it worked for the hulk rebooting it 5 years later. and if the reboot of spidey comes out another 2 years from now that will be 5 years too.
Who knows it could be good.

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2010 10:13 PM
darthmaul1 is currently offline Click here to Send darthmaul1 a Private Message Find more posts by darthmaul1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Butcher
Marvelous

Originally posted by Mr Parker
You mean as horrible as the first and third right? The second one was the only one of the Raimi/Mcguire trilogy that was really halfway decent mainly because of the special effects.
The movies aren't great,but the first one was the best out of the three.

Originally posted by darthmaul1
IMO it worked for the hulk rebooting it 5 years later. and if the reboot of spidey comes out another 2 years from now that will be 5 years too.
Who knows it could be good.

I thought the latest Hulk movie was very good.The one before sucked though.

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2010 10:44 PM
spidermanrocks

lol "man-spider" that name makes me laugh everytime I see it even though I liked Raimi's franchise. I was at first kinda pissed off about this because it popped out of nowhere. I don't mind a reboot and I do have a feeling that the first two movies of this reboot will be amazing but what comes after? How do we know that Sony won't try to take control of this new franchise after a few sequels? It's not the reboot I'm worried about but the future sequels.

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2010 11:33 PM
spidermanrocks is currently offline Click here to Send spidermanrocks a Private Message Find more posts by spidermanrocks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
spidermanrocks

I'm also worried that this movie might not be well-received at the box office due to the upcoming Superman reboot, Batman 3, Green Lantern, and Avengers. I hope the reboot will be just as good as these movies or better.

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2010 11:35 PM
spidermanrocks is currently offline Click here to Send spidermanrocks a Private Message Find more posts by spidermanrocks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote