KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » X-Men » The movies are a sexual oriention metaphor?

The movies are a sexual oriention metaphor?
Started by: CrowRoboto

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
CrowRoboto

The movies are a sexual oriention metaphor?

Is it true that the X-Men movies are seen as a big metaphor on different sexualities then heterosexuality?

Old Post Jan 13th, 2010 07:33 AM
CrowRoboto is currently offline Click here to Send CrowRoboto a Private Message Find more posts by CrowRoboto Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omgu8mynewt

i think more just minorities and feeling like an outsider, but the whole 'i feel normal and fine but still don't fit it' i guess could relate to gay people

Old Post Jan 13th, 2010 02:16 PM
Omgu8mynewt is currently offline Click here to Send Omgu8mynewt a Private Message Find more posts by Omgu8mynewt Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CrowRoboto

And the cure in part 3 is also part of the metaphor of curing people who are different.

Old Post Jan 13th, 2010 04:01 PM
CrowRoboto is currently offline Click here to Send CrowRoboto a Private Message Find more posts by CrowRoboto Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by CrowRoboto
Is it true that the X-Men movies are seen as a big metaphor on different sexualities then heterosexuality?

x-men in general is. it used to be a racial thing, now its a sexuality thing.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jan 13th, 2010 10:56 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rapidash

"different sexualities then heterosexuality?"
I assume what you mean to say that X-Men is representing the view of difference, such as the difference between homosexuality and heterosexuality?

I do not think it is all about sexuality. I think it is about any difference opposing the norm. Sexuality is one way of interpreting it. Race is another. There are more if one only care enough to look.

But in the end, X-Men does sexuality most truth.

Originally posted by -Pr-
x-men in general is. it used to be a racial thing, now its a sexuality thing.

I love the IT Crowd.

Perspective

Old Post Jan 14th, 2010 10:45 AM
Rapidash is currently offline Click here to Send Rapidash a Private Message Find more posts by Rapidash Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CrowRoboto

Well there are some GLBT X-Men and metaphors in them like for example. Morph can be viewed as a transgendered person with an ID crisis, Mystique is bisexual in the comics and Northstar is pure gay as in 100 percent queer eye there even one of Mystique's lovers was a lesbian.

Old Post Jan 20th, 2010 06:45 PM
the ninjak
FRINGE Division

My girlfriend manages a comic store and she says that to most gay customers Xmen is there favourite

Old Post Jan 21st, 2010 08:05 AM
the ninjak is currently offline Click here to Send the ninjak a Private Message Find more posts by the ninjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CrowRoboto

But what do you think of the idea of curing people who are different?

Old Post Feb 7th, 2010 12:25 AM
rader
Person

If Kevin Smith said it than its true.

Old Post Feb 7th, 2010 12:36 AM
rader is currently offline Click here to Send rader a Private Message Find more posts by rader Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
the ninjak
FRINGE Division

But what do you think of the idea of curing people who are different?

That would be horrible!

Old Post Feb 8th, 2010 07:21 AM
the ninjak is currently offline Click here to Send the ninjak a Private Message Find more posts by the ninjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
andtunez

X-Men metaphors

Originally posted by Rapidash
"different sexualities then heterosexuality?"
I assume what you mean to say that X-Men is representing the view of difference, such as the difference between homosexuality and heterosexuality?

I do not think it is all about sexuality. I think it is about any difference opposing the norm. Sexuality is one way of interpreting it. Race is another. There are more if one only care enough to look.

But in the end, X-Men does sexuality most truth.

I love the IT Crowd.

I agree with Rapidash. X-Men is the perfect example of a comic book that uses its stories and characters as representations of all that is different in the world. Be it LGBT issues, racism or personal insecurities, X-Men works as a metaphor that interprets the fear, rejection and bigotry that comes with the existence of all that is not the norm.

This is, perhaps, why X-Men's my absolute favorite book; It's honest and true.

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2011 03:41 AM
andtunez is currently offline Click here to Send andtunez a Private Message Find more posts by andtunez Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote