KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Harry Potter » Doesn't anybody feel horrible for Snape?

Doesn't anybody feel horrible for Snape?
Started by: Mayraxoxo

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Mayraxoxo

I mean, he loved Lily but she was oblivious to that. Then she went and got married to that damned James Potter. He was miserable then and he lived a miserable life. I feel as if he should have at least dated Lily or moved on and reproduced. But no, he got killed by Voldy.

On another note: I HATE James Potter. Ever since I read OoTP and DH, I started to hate him for being such an ******* to Snape. He didn't deserve the humiliation.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2010 05:28 AM
Mayraxoxo is currently offline Click here to Send Mayraxoxo a Private Message Find more posts by Mayraxoxo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lordmegatron1
Bringer of chaos

I quite agree with you. Snape had no right to die. After all he went through, working with Dumbledore and poof. Dead.

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2010 10:44 PM
lordmegatron1 is currently offline Click here to Send lordmegatron1 a Private Message Find more posts by lordmegatron1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Butcher
Marvelous

I did not really feel anything for him when he died.

Old Post Jan 24th, 2010 05:50 AM
The Butcher is currently offline Click here to Send The Butcher a Private Message Find more posts by The Butcher Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lordmegatron1
Bringer of chaos

Bastard. mad

Old Post Jan 25th, 2010 12:47 AM
lordmegatron1 is currently offline Click here to Send lordmegatron1 a Private Message Find more posts by lordmegatron1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
thecallofktulu
Restricted

Account Restricted

He's not totally a bad guy. He did dirty things to Harry just because James did them to him.

Old Post Mar 13th, 2010 12:47 PM
thecallofktulu is currently offline Click here to Send thecallofktulu a Private Message Find more posts by thecallofktulu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Demonic Phoenix

quote: (post)
Originally posted by thecallofktulu
He's not totally a bad guy. He did dirty things to Harry just because James did them to him.

Am I the only one who thinks that statement could have been worded better?

"To all visitors from Transylvania looking for the head of Voivode Dracula: Yes, we have it. Yes, he's dead. No, you cannot see it. No, he will not return and invade you again. It has been over thirty years, please stop pestering us."

Old Post Mar 13th, 2010 09:33 PM
Demonic Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Demonic Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Demonic Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SamZED

I feel sorry for him, but he has noone but himself to blame that Lily ended up with Potter.

Azula: My mommy didn't love me so I'm going to burn down your village.

Old Post Mar 14th, 2010 12:12 PM
SamZED is currently offline Click here to Send SamZED a Private Message Find more posts by SamZED Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Demonic Phoenix

Originally posted by thecallofktulu
Originally posted by Demonic Phoenix
Am I the only one who thinks that statement could have been worded better?

Just me then.

As for Snape, he has no one to blame but himself for siding with the 'wrong' crowd.
Though after 17 years of redemption and love for Lily, he deserves a break.

"To all visitors from Transylvania looking for the head of Voivode Dracula: Yes, we have it. Yes, he's dead. No, you cannot see it. No, he will not return and invade you again. It has been over thirty years, please stop pestering us."

Old Post Mar 15th, 2010 05:55 PM
Demonic Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Demonic Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Demonic Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Skittle

No!

Because the man got a youtube video for himself.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tx1XIm6q4r4

Old Post May 29th, 2010 04:30 PM
Skittle is currently offline Click here to Send Skittle a Private Message Find more posts by Skittle Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mrs.seanastin14
Keeper of the Keys

First of all, if The Mysterious Ticking Noise is about anyone, it's Voldy. he gets a freaking solo! Second of all, I love Snape and want to cuddle with him.

Old Post May 29th, 2010 11:54 PM
mrs.seanastin14 is currently offline Click here to Send mrs.seanastin14 a Private Message Find more posts by mrs.seanastin14 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ADarksideJedi
Jackie Malfoy

I do but then again I use to like him in the first four books then after wards I find I don't care too much for him anymore.

Morning Glory, ,DamienB(my busband),Spoonly,Tired hiker!a1hsauce,Coucil#13,Kongudude,Scottie,Syren
Killa420,miroku,sanctuary,mairuzu,
KILLA4,JacopexLethalfemme,LadyGrim,ashle,Mišt,oman
32,Scythe,DebbieJo,DeathReaperr,Britrogue,Neha,Joe
K,Mandos,Wild Cherry,Roland,Rogue Jedi,Jaehskywalker,Lord Kerrigor,ALostSoul,Running Mascara,Raventheonly,NewJak,,Captain Maynard,Sparkly,Dominic Gargone.
Majid86, Rudester.

Old Post Jun 12th, 2010 02:54 PM
ADarksideJedi is currently offline Click here to Send ADarksideJedi a Private Message Find more posts by ADarksideJedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonheartmm

snape was a martyr. he deserved a better life and better death. his is the most painful story in the book, one that has no redemption or salvation.

wonder what rowling was trying to get off her chest when she made him up?

Old Post Aug 27th, 2010 12:52 AM
leonheartmm is currently offline Find more posts by leonheartmm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~Bun Bun~
**KMC OG**

I was taken by surprise when he was killed. Also the way he was...

But, It didn't effect me like some of the other deaths did.

Originally posted by leonheartmm
snape was a martyr. he deserved a better life and better death. his is the most painful story in the book, one that has no redemption or salvation.

wonder what rowling was trying to get off her chest when she made him up?

That is curious. Being a writer, one wonders what inspired Snape.

There'll be peace when you are done

Kudos Scribble for the wicked awesome sig!

Old Post Aug 27th, 2010 05:17 AM
~Bun Bun~ is currently offline Click here to Send ~Bun Bun~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~Bun Bun~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GameWinner

I think snape represents a great example to the younger readers that things may not always be what they seem. Thats why I love JK, she doesn't pull her punches just bc she has a large youth audience.

Old Post Aug 27th, 2010 03:14 PM
GameWinner is currently offline Click here to Send GameWinner a Private Message Find more posts by GameWinner Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
seoinlosangeles

Considerably, the post is actually the best on this notable topic. I harmonize with your conclusions and will thirstily look forward to your future updates. I will at once grab your rss feed to stay privy of any updates. Authentic work and much success in your business endeavors!

Old Post Jul 15th, 2011 09:37 AM
seoinlosangeles is currently offline Click here to Send seoinlosangeles a Private Message Find more posts by seoinlosangeles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
knight
AFL1-3603

It was in the end very tradgic for him to go through his entire life
and have everything ripped away from him..

The bitterness inside him would have been enough to drive him mad
or for someone else, suicide.

Old Post Jul 16th, 2011 03:29 PM
knight is currently offline Click here to Send knight a Private Message Find more posts by knight Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MistressofSnape
Slytherin's Bookaholic

He certainly had a hard life... and a terrible death. I cried when he died, well at least in the book. In the movie, not so much. I did get kind of choked up though. Although, after spending 20+ years pinning after a woman, you could be semi-nice to her kid.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2011 09:58 PM
MistressofSnape is currently offline Click here to Send MistressofSnape a Private Message Find more posts by MistressofSnape Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SamZED

Originally posted by Demonic Phoenix
Just me then.

As for Snape, he has no one to blame but himself for siding with the 'wrong' crowd.
Though after 17 years of redemption and love for Lily, he deserves a break.
But he really was a jerk. Yes, he partially redeemed himself but he had plenty of time to choose the side he's on. Lili pretty much asked him what's more important to him, her friendship or being with his new buddies. Also, Voldemort killed Potters because of him, granted he didnt know what was gonna happen, but he didnt care that Voldemort was going to kill Harry as long as Lili stayed alive. He begged Voldemort to kill the baby but let Lili live. No matter how you look at it, Snape is a selfish douchebag even after all he's done. People like to scold James but we only know about him from Snape's point of view. We dont know what kind of person he was after school and what kind of parent he was. Yes, he was a jerk to Severus but all characters speak highly of him.

What really surprised me - Voldemort really did try to spare Lili, he tried to push her away and at least 4 times asked her to get out of his way before killing her.

Azula: My mommy didn't love me so I'm going to burn down your village.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2011 11:20 AM
SamZED is currently offline Click here to Send SamZED a Private Message Find more posts by SamZED Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cpa_parkcity

I feel bad for him. If the book had Snape as the main character it would end as a tragedy with all that had happened. He did a lot to help Harry and everyone else but he was always the outcast.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2011 08:14 PM
cpa_parkcity is currently offline Click here to Send cpa_parkcity a Private Message Find more posts by cpa_parkcity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkRaiden
Black Dynamite's Second

I do. Lily kinda just stopped caring after him because of one bad word. It was a loaded word but still...he was in the heat of the moment. Seemed weird how she just dropped him. And then he has to live through her loving his worst enemy and her dying at the hands of his master and then seeing their child grow up before his eyes.

And his death and his sacrifice too....overall a sad story.

Old Post Mar 14th, 2014 04:38 AM
DarkRaiden is currently offline Click here to Send DarkRaiden a Private Message Find more posts by DarkRaiden Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote