KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Harry Potter » Doesn't anybody feel horrible for Snape?

Doesn't anybody feel horrible for Snape?
Started by: Mayraxoxo

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
riv6672

quote: (post)
Originally posted by cpa_parkcity
I feel bad for him. If the book had Snape as the main character it would end as a tragedy with all that had happened. He did a lot to help Harry and everyone else but he was always the outcast.

Seeing the series from Snape's POV would be interesting. Very interesting.

And yes, i do feel bad for him. A very underrated character both in the film series and in movies as a whole. Complex and layered. And tragic.

Old Post May 31st, 2014 12:16 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Re: Doesn't anybody feel horrible for Snape?

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Mayraxoxo
I mean, he loved Lily but she was oblivious to that. Then she went and got married to that damned James Potter. He was miserable then and he lived a miserable life. I feel as if he should have at least dated Lily or moved on and reproduced. But no, he got killed by Voldy.

Lily wasn't oblivious to how Snape felt, she just didn't feel the same way about him that he did about her. She married James..after he'd stopped acting like such a prick.

He lived a miserable life because of his own choices. He became a Death Eater, and I think it is safe to say that there probably wasn't a single Death Eater who never at one point got blood on their hands. Even if he never did(which I doubt) he still stood by as innocents were tortured and murdered by his friends.

Then when he finds out what Voldemort plans to do involving Lily and Harry..the first thing he does is ask if he would spare Lily and only kill the child. That's not a good person and I am sorry, but 17 years isn't enough to make up for all the horrible things whilst loyal to Voldemort. It's not like he was in prison, and really for most of those 17 years Voldemort wasn't around. Snape was only really a double agent for like..2-3 years. Nope, that isn't enough. Do we in our society only give killers 17 years in jail?

Old Post Feb 21st, 2015 10:56 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eyebuck108

My favourite Harry Potter character is Severus Snape by far. The reason he is my favourite character is because everyone thinks he is nasty and mean (which he is) but no-one knows that he was in love with Lily Evans and all of those years he is protecting Harry.

Old Post May 17th, 2020 07:32 PM
eyebuck108 is currently offline Click here to Send eyebuck108 a Private Message Find more posts by eyebuck108 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote