KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Batman » Newbie

Started by: slapnutz2010

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
slapnutz2010

I have loved Batman for years. The films are great (though I wish Forever and Batman and Robin could be wipd out). So now I want to start collecting the comic/graphic novels.

You guys are the be-all and end-all when it comes to this stuff. So what should I be looking to buy, and from where ?

I want to cover all the main storylines to begin with and then build a collection around that.

Cheers

Slappy

Old Post Jan 16th, 2010 01:27 PM
slapnutz2010 is currently offline Click here to Send slapnutz2010 a Private Message Find more posts by slapnutz2010 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Indestructible
The Power House

Re: Newbie

quote: (post)
Originally posted by slapnutz2010
I have loved Batman for years. The films are great (though I wish Forever and Batman and Robin could be wipd out). So now I want to start collecting the comic/graphic novels.

You guys are the be-all and end-all when it comes to this stuff. So what should I be looking to buy, and from where ?

I want to cover all the main storylines to begin with and then build a collection around that.

Cheers

Slappy

do what i do man........ GET W.E U WANT! thts the funn of it all

Fav Villians: The Joker, Red Skull, The Riddler, Two-Face, Bane, Ozymandias, Magneto, Doc Ock, Venom, Carnage, Pyro, Blob, Avalache, Toad, Sabertooth, Green Goblin

Old Post Jan 16th, 2010 09:58 PM
Indestructible is currently offline Click here to Send Indestructible a Private Message Find more posts by Indestructible Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deicide
Custodian with schools

hey yeah man u can never go wrong when it comes to Batman
here is a little recommended reading for u. its called the Batman Murders, here is a lil synopsis.....

The well-crafted, complicated (grown-up) plot and dead-on character development made The Batman Murders a novel I could not put down. Even more than some Batman graphic novels, the Dark Night, Nightwing, Commissioner Gordon, and a host of secondary characters were brought to life vividly.

The story is about men who turn up dead at crime scenes dressed in Batman costumes. As the police and Batman try to figure this out, a church called The Church of Perpetual Happiness has appeared in Gotham. This cult-like church has already claimed one undercover officer. Batman asks Dick Grayson to go in. Having a strained relationship with his former mentor, who has just lost his second Robin to being blown up by the Joker, Dick is truly torn whether to help. Batman wants to assist Gordon in all these matters, yet is walking the fine line between working within and outside of the law.

A great story, highly recommended.

Old Post Feb 5th, 2010 09:59 PM
Deicide is currently offline Click here to Send Deicide a Private Message Find more posts by Deicide Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deicide
Custodian with schools

ill try to find a pic of the cover

Old Post Feb 5th, 2010 10:00 PM
Deicide is currently offline Click here to Send Deicide a Private Message Find more posts by Deicide Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deicide
Custodian with schools

here is the pic

Old Post Feb 5th, 2010 10:03 PM
Deicide
Custodian with schools

Attachment: batman.jpg
This has been downloaded 63 time(s).

Old Post Feb 5th, 2010 10:07 PM
chomperx9
Restricted

Account Restricted

was this a good book ?

Attachment: pp32101.jpg
This has been downloaded 55 time(s).

Old Post Feb 6th, 2010 12:14 AM
chomperx9 is currently offline Click here to Send chomperx9 a Private Message Find more posts by chomperx9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deicide
Custodian with schools

yes that is a good one.....have u found the Batman Murders yet?? very good book

Old Post Mar 8th, 2010 10:28 PM
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

quote: (post)
Originally posted by chomperx9
was this a good book ?

It was a reunion series with Englehart and Rogers. If you're a fan of Silver St. Cloud then this is a must!

Old Post Mar 14th, 2010 02:30 AM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scythe
The Goat

My faves and imo must haves:

Hush
Knightfall
Long Halloween
The Killing Joke
A Death In The Family
The Dark Kinght Returns
Year One
Haunted Night

And so many more, but yeah...

Old Post Mar 14th, 2010 06:44 AM
Scythe is currently offline Click here to Send Scythe a Private Message Find more posts by Scythe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote