KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Namor, Ironman, Warmachine, Ares(Marvel), Ms.Marvel Vs. Wonder Woman

Namor, Ironman, Warmachine, Ares(Marvel), Ms.Marvel Vs. Wonder Woman
Started by: galactusischere

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Warlord
Yes, I am...

team

Old Post Jan 20th, 2010 12:22 PM
Warlord is currently offline Click here to Send Warlord a Private Message Find more posts by Warlord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tideoftime

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Kasper Gutman
Ares could screw up WW if he brings some godly weapons. I'm seeing a scenario where WW is fighting off 2 or 3 at a time and Ares jumps in and does some damage. Fits in with many of his showings in team fights.

That's another possiblity of the Team making a win. The trick is, with CIS/PIS off, Diana is just too fast to get really nailed by Ares -- she's fought multiple foes with god-weapons before (most recently against 4 of her fellow amazons who are the best at what they do, in terms of the god weapons they were using, and who were not holding back, not to mention the battles with Achilles, who is superior to Ares(M) in this context). But that is definitely a possibility. Still sticking with WW: 6-7/10.

(Oh... right... geek...)

Old Post Jan 20th, 2010 11:00 PM
tideoftime is currently offline Click here to Send tideoftime a Private Message Find more posts by tideoftime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Feron

Originally posted by Blanket
Namor wears Iron Man/War Machine as his legs. Ms Marvel is the left arm. Ares is the right.

Namor wins.

WTF is he Voltron? laughing out loud

Old Post Jan 21st, 2010 04:00 AM
Lord Feron is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Feron a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Feron Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bouboumaster

Team win

Old Post Jan 21st, 2010 05:12 AM
Bouboumaster is currently offline Click here to Send Bouboumaster a Private Message Find more posts by Bouboumaster Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
namorsubby

I don't think what would possess anyone here to believe that wonder woman could prevail against such odds.........but the sheer notion is ridiculous.

Original Human Torch
Namora

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2010 12:59 AM
namorsubby is currently offline Click here to Send namorsubby a Private Message Find more posts by namorsubby Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

They don't have super-speed. It's not like WW is just going to rush in and start trading blows with the lot of them, she'll use tactics and break it up into a series of smaller engagements where she'll have local superiority.

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2010 01:37 AM
Q99 is currently offline Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
namorsubby

they all have "super-speed".......meaning they're all superhumanly fast.

no chance here, at all.

Original Human Torch
Namora

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2010 01:43 AM
namorsubby is currently offline Click here to Send namorsubby a Private Message Find more posts by namorsubby Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Juk3n
Devils Advocate

Originally posted by namorsubby

no chance here, at all.

not nearly as fast as a CISless wonerwoman, don't delude yourself.

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2010 01:45 AM
Juk3n is currently offline Click here to Send Juk3n a Private Message Find more posts by Juk3n Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
namorsubby

Originally posted by Juk3n
not nearly as fast as a CISless wonderwoman, don't delude yourself.
yeah, I'll keep that in mind. roll eyes (sarcastic)

I don't know what singular feat you guys have recently witnessed by Wonderwoman that has caused this momentary "WW can take on the world if she really wanted to " craze(marked by these excessively spiteful feats), but I'm sure that if I you give it a while, it'll all die down soon enough.

But yeah, sure, for now........Wonderwoman FTP roll eyes (sarcastic)

Original Human Torch
Namora

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2010 01:54 AM
Juk3n
Devils Advocate

So what you're saying is , you havnt read a comic with wonderwoman in, and you don't know her peak capabilities? Because if you DID, you'd know that she out classes each of these guys. No one here is as fast as her, thats a fact. As strong? prolly not, As skilled? mm nah!. No ones saying she stomps, but CISless it's hard to see them getting there hands on her is all.

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2010 02:20 AM
Juk3n is currently offline Click here to Send Juk3n a Private Message Find more posts by Juk3n Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

no chance here, at all.

Yea, like a few hundred mph for the best of them. Wonder Woman is *fast*, 'can catch speedforce users like Jesse Quick' fast, and has reflexes faster than Superman's.

They're not remotely near her speed league.

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2010 02:27 AM
Q99 is currently offline Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
namorsubby

Originally posted by Juk3n
So what you're saying is , you havnt read a comic with wonderwoman in, and you don't know her peak capabilities? Because if you DID, you'd know that she out classes each of these guys. No one here is as fast as her, thats a fact. As strong? prolly not, As skilled? mm nah!. No ones saying she stomps, but CISless it's hard to see them getting there hands on her is all.
no, what I'm saying is that these characters are far too formiddable to lose to Wonderwoman as a whole. it's just plain silly.

many of these characters have substantial superhuman speed and flight, most are comparable and possibly superior in other areas.plus, it's 5 on 1........if this was toad, angel, jubilee, gambit, and eye-scream, then maybe i'd reconsider.

Original Human Torch
Namora

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2010 02:31 AM
namorsubby

Originally posted by Q99
Yea, like a few hundred mph for the best of them. Wonder Woman is *fast*, 'can catch speedforce users like Jesse Quick' fast, and has reflexes faster than Superman's.

They're not remotely near her speed league.
no, like past mach speed for almost the lot of them.

but yeah, I guess that's that feat I was talking about.

Original Human Torch
Namora

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2010 02:40 AM
iceman24567

Her speed is great flying into the speedforce = lightspeed but her insane reflexes makes me believe she can take this 8/10

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2010 02:58 AM
iceman24567 is currently offline Click here to Send iceman24567 a Private Message Find more posts by iceman24567 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

no, like past mach speed for almost the lot of them.

but yeah, I guess that's that feat I was talking about.

Mach speeds are not particularly impressive to her. And for most of them, they can only manage that when flying in a strait line with full afterburners.

quote:

many of these characters have substantial superhuman speed and flight, most are comparable and possibly superior in other areas.plus, it's 5 on 1........if this was toad, angel, jubilee, gambit, and eye-scream, then maybe i'd reconsider.

It's 5 on 1 vs a character who's in Superman's tier. She can wreck most of them pretty fast, just a few blows each will put the majority of them down. Namor's pretty much the only one tough enough to take some damage for her, if it weren't for him to try and keep her busy the team'd be in big trouble.

Wonder Woman also has the lasso to tie up one or more of them, the tiara which can slice through any of them with ease... she's dangerous.

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2010 02:26 PM
tideoftime

no, what I'm saying is that these characters are far too formiddable to lose to Wonderwoman as a whole. it's just plain silly.

That's true, many of them do have substantial superhuman speed. And all of their speed pales compared to hers. Now I didn't give her 8/10 like Iceman did, but she clearly takes at least 6+ here. She's stronger than any of them (even Ms. Marvel and Namor, together), and her combat speed is monstrous in comparison to the team's. I did, however, give several examples of how the Team can eke out some wins in my posts above. But all general things considered, Team is going down, some of them hard. (War Machine and Ironman -- the latter I like quite a lot -- will get torn apart like Omacs by her, even with Tony's forcefield, if they don't let Ms. Marvel and Namor run interference. Ares in Marvel just pales compared to Diana, across the board. She can literally take down 2-3 of the Team before any of their viable attacks connect with her. Seriously.)

(Oh... right... geek...)

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2010 04:45 PM
tideoftime is currently offline Click here to Send tideoftime a Private Message Find more posts by tideoftime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
namorsubby

if all this is true, then why is it that just recently all of a sudden threads like these have been popping up for ole WW?

like I said, recently, she must have done something pretty impressive, and in that instance she was probably stated to be "going all out". I also assume that feat involved the use of her super-speed(which everyone had always known she had before the feat BTW).Now, because of this singular, or perhaps a couple showings, her repuation here has been temperarily boosted to insane levels, but, let me ask you this:

if she always had this speed, and she's always been able to perform at this level when she's not "restraining herself", then why does it always take one or a few hyped feats for these characters to maintain such a rep, and only for mere moments at that?

thing is, if you look at consistent feats of all these characters including WW, you'll realize that there's no way that she will be taking this marvel team single-handily, even once.

what about all of these other characters and their high end feats, huh?

Original Human Torch
Namora

Old Post Jan 24th, 2010 10:37 PM
Q99

if all this is true, then why is it that just recently all of a sudden threads like these have been popping up for ole WW?

like I said, recently, she must have done something pretty impressive, and in that instance she was probably stated to be "going all out". I also assume that feat involved the use of her super-speed(which everyone had always known she had before the feat BTW).Now, because of this singular, or perhaps a couple showings, her repuation here has been temperarily boosted to insane levels, but, let me ask you this:

To my knowledge? She hasn't. It's just her book is good at the moment and she's getting BN tie-ins, so people are taking interest in her, looking at the respect thread, etc..

The 'catching Jesse Quick at the edge of the speed force' thing was decades ago. In Morrison's and Waid's JLAs, she was used as 'one of the only members capable of moving faster than thought' on several occasions (when kidnapped by Adam Strange, and when checking on all the White Martians on Earth to make sure they weren't waking up from their imposed identities). She tagged Zoom toward the end of Rucka's run, which was... I think 4~5 years ago. And so on.

It's nothing new, it's been a regular thing for her.

quote:

if she always had this speed, and she's always been able to perform at this level when she's not "restraining herself", then why does it always take one or a few hyped feats for these characters to maintain such a rep, and only for mere moments at that?

Dunno. Though, as mentioned, there's no single feat I know of, I think it's just people are bringing it up more.

Speed of Hermes is just one of her abilities. It's pretty much the exact same speed that Captain Marvel has. Nothing newsworthy about that.

quote:
thing is, if you look at consistent feats of all these characters including WW, you'll realize that there's no way that she will be taking this marvel team single-handily, even once.

I think you're just not familiar with her feats. There's a half-dozen just off the top of my head.

quote:
what about all of these other characters and their high end feats, huh?

I don't think any of them have feats that match her in speed or strength. I could see maybe in one-offs, though I doubt it, but as mentioned, her speed definitely isn't.

Old Post Jan 24th, 2010 10:57 PM
Squirrel Fart

WW is stronger, faster and way better fighter, than anyone on T1. She easily tips the favor to T2 side FTW!

Old Post Jan 25th, 2010 12:08 AM
Squirrel Fart is currently offline Click here to Send Squirrel Fart a Private Message Find more posts by Squirrel Fart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote