KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Classic Unstoppable Juggernaut vs Odin-Force Thor

Classic Unstoppable Juggernaut vs Odin-Force Thor
Started by: Starscream M

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Knowsbleed33
You know my name

I think it's safe to say that FF removal crap should be ignored. First and foremost, the FF isn't the source of his invulnerability.

Thanks to Scythe

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2011 03:35 AM
Knowsbleed33 is currently offline Click here to Send Knowsbleed33 a Private Message Find more posts by Knowsbleed33 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

out of curiosity, why do you think that?

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2011 03:46 AM
psycho gundam is currently offline Click here to Send psycho gundam a Private Message Find more posts by psycho gundam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Knowsbleed33
You know my name

Because it's never been the source of it. He's fought Thor without before and since and that was never the issue.

Thanks to Scythe

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2011 03:49 AM
Knowsbleed33 is currently offline Click here to Send Knowsbleed33 a Private Message Find more posts by Knowsbleed33 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ptr_Grifin
What?

Not too mention just cancelling out his force-field would not put him down even if the major part of his durability was tied to it. His healing factor is greater than Hulks, and can't be exhausted. It might be because that writer didn't know of the healing factor and/or it wasn't touched on much, but those punches alone shouldn't/couldn't take him down due to his HF. He has had his power drained and still stood as a skeleton to fight his enemy.

God put me on earth to accomplish a certain amount of things. Right now I am so far behind I will never die.

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2011 03:58 AM
Ptr_Grifin is currently offline Click here to Send Ptr_Grifin a Private Message Find more posts by Ptr_Grifin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Knowsbleed33
You know my name

Defalco wrote one of the most powerful Juggernauts, so I doubt it can be chalked up to ignorance, I think it was just lazy writing. Kind of like the days when writers would tie the source of his power to his helmet.

Thanks to Scythe

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2011 04:00 AM
Ptr_Grifin
What?

He also labeled Juggernaut a mutant in one of the Thor fights in the narration.

God put me on earth to accomplish a certain amount of things. Right now I am so far behind I will never die.

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2011 04:04 AM
Ptr_Grifin is currently offline Click here to Send Ptr_Grifin a Private Message Find more posts by Ptr_Grifin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GRIMNIR

Should someone below Cyttorak be able to physically harm Juggernaut?

Juggernaut is already weak to mind attacks once his helmet is removed, seems to weaken him too much if his powers can be removed by magic by someone below Cyttorak

I think in my Marvel Universe I would make it this way stick out tongue

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2011 04:35 AM
GRIMNIR is currently offline Click here to Send GRIMNIR a Private Message Find more posts by GRIMNIR Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Knowsbleed33
You know my name

It was just lazy writing. Juggernaut has physically slugged it out with Thor without his FF in other instances and Thor has never come close to duplicating that same feat.

Thanks to Scythe

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2011 05:19 AM
shokosugi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Juggernaut is over rated.

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2011 05:24 AM
shokosugi is currently offline Click here to Send shokosugi a Private Message Find more posts by shokosugi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Knowsbleed33
It was just lazy writing. Juggernaut has physically slugged it out with Thor without his FF in other instances and Thor has never come close to duplicating that same feat.
which actually lends credence to him wanting to finally end him after a already knowing his capabilities from experience, and the fact that he enslaved a planet has to add some sort of animosity

but about the field business, imo (and iirc this was addressed in the issue), thor negated mystical energy that was coming to juggernaut and he was left with what he had previously absorbed, but i assume the field takes a lot of magic to utilize so his previously absorbed energies couldn't erect it while cut off.

i'm pretty sure hat's what the writer was going for

the force field seemed to always be optional anyway, it wasn't an automatic power

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2011 05:31 AM
psycho gundam is currently offline Click here to Send psycho gundam a Private Message Find more posts by psycho gundam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Thor wins.

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2011 06:24 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SasuOna

Juggs has taken a god blast full on and strugged it off, Thor is always sending Juggernaut away instead of knocking him out because hes not powerful enough to do that.

Odin Force Thor isn't beating without having to resort to trickery and that Force field negation is just dumb because even without hes still pretty nigh invulnerable.

Last edited by SasuOna on Mar 22nd, 2011 at 07:55 AM

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2011 07:52 AM
SasuOna is currently offline Click here to Send SasuOna a Private Message Find more posts by SasuOna Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Warlord
Yes, I am...

thor wins

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2011 09:51 AM
Warlord is currently offline Click here to Send Warlord a Private Message Find more posts by Warlord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkOdin

Thor didn't negate the FF he negated the enchantment . Heck when Juggs fought WWH the first tme he powers were reduced. So juggs still can be effect the same way. Hell Thor wouldn't have to use mjolnir to effect the enchament he could use the Odinpower and then beat Juggs head in via mjolnir.

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2011 11:18 AM
DarkOdin is currently offline Click here to Send DarkOdin a Private Message Find more posts by DarkOdin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rage.Of.Olympus

Under DeFalco, Juggernaut's invulnerability came from his force field and rightfully so. Without it, his not invulnerable.

On his own, characters like Thor, Hulk, Superman and other high end beings can and have hurt him (You don't have to count Clark because I don't remember if it was in the actual crossover or the tie-ins).

I remember having this debate a while back and listing a number of showings where he was affected by physical damage without it. I can probably find that list again.

Cain's durability is not unlimited or whatever bullshit some members spout. He can be hurt, and once you reach high heralds, I'd heavily argue he will be.

I will say this, it's probably a power that most writers have forgotten about and there are contradictions (I can't get into detail because it's been a while since I did research on this topic. I'm going purely off of memory here). On the other hand, when was the last time Juggernaut was invulnerable to high herald level force? Merged Hulk, Onslaught, War Hulk, and World War Hulk are the last times I can recall Cain going up against higher end level forces.

In conclusion, I think Juggernaut's a ***** to hurt, and more durable than most beings under Trans, but once he faces forces like a pissed off high herald, his not invulnerable. His not falling down like a stack of cards or anything, but his going to have to rely on something else other than his durability to win him the fight.

Last edited by Rage.Of.Olympus on Mar 22nd, 2011 at 11:52 AM

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2011 11:39 AM
Rage.Of.Olympus is currently offline Click here to Send Rage.Of.Olympus a Private Message Find more posts by Rage.Of.Olympus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rage.Of.Olympus

Originally posted by Knowsbleed33
Because it's never been the source of it. He's fought Thor without before and since and that was never the issue.

erm

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2011 11:43 AM
Rage.Of.Olympus is currently offline Click here to Send Rage.Of.Olympus a Private Message Find more posts by Rage.Of.Olympus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Philosophía
"The devil made me do it"

Originally posted by carver9
Its sad that all of these people debate on forums against characters not knowing anything about them or using scans and not even knowing what actually happened in the comic.
laughing out loud

“Perhaps this is the ultimate freedom. The freedom to leave.”

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2011 11:50 AM
Philosophía is currently offline Click here to Send Philosophía a Private Message Find more posts by Philosophía Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

Most of the time if Cain has been hurt it has been through irregular circumstances.

Thor has never hurt Cain without the aid of magic.

Hulk has never hurt Cain unless he was using Celestial Technology.

Onslaught was weird and showed a number on inconsistencies with Cain and took some liberties with him, but hey every character has awkward moments. Thor ahs them, Superman has them why make them anymore than they need be.

And yes you may find random panels throughout Cain's history where he does says things like Ahh or OOmph all classic sounds of pain if you actually look at the effect these attacks have on him they are zero.

As for taking on High Heralds the guy has his showings why deny them. The guy has been stated many times to be a serious threat for any hero and Marvel wants him to be a serious threat to any hero. At least there was a time where this was so.

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2011 11:53 AM
Newjak is currently offline Click here to Send Newjak a Private Message Find more posts by Newjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rage.Of.Olympus

The one time Cain took on Thor without his force field (At least a healthy one although he had it up half way in their first fight) was during the 8th day thing where Jurgens had him significantly amped (Probably because his a writer that doesn't think Cain can go toe to toe with a pissed off Thor level character without his field). And even then, 8th day Juggernaut was not invulnerable and I'd argue he started feeling Thor's hits in the end.

Merged Hulk definitely affected Cain with his attacks. PAD I'd wager also thought Cain wasn't invulnerable to higher end forces (Which is why he had Cain dodge the one time Hulk throw a punch in the earlier encounter). World War Hulk also hurt him with a punch IIRC.

The biggest problem with the onslaught thing IIRC is that the Gem was supposed to be in space. Cain's probably most akward scene is when Beast depowers him by removing his helmet. I don't know what was up with that one.

I think somewhere down the line writers just attributed his invulnerability to his force field when he faced high heralds. Guess that made more sense. Shrug. I for one don't think his higher end durability was tied to his force field in his first fight with Hulk. I don't remember if he was completely invulnerable though.

Last edited by Rage.Of.Olympus on Mar 22nd, 2011 at 12:04 PM

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2011 11:58 AM
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
The one time Cain took on Thor without his force field (At least a healthy one although he had it up half way in their first fight) was during the 8th day thing where Jurgens had him significantly amped (Probably because his a writer that doesn't think Cain can go toe to toe with a pissed off Thor level character without his field). And even then, 8th day Juggernaut was not invulnerable and I'd argue he started feeling Thor's hits in the end.

Merged Hulk definitely affected Cain with his attacks. PAD I'd wager also thought Cain wasn't invulnerable to higher end forces (Which is why he had Cain dodge the one time Hulk throw a punch in the earlier encounter). World War Hulk also hurt him with a punch IIRC.

The biggest problem with the onslaught thing IIRC is that the Gem was supposed to be in space. Cain's probably most akward scene is when Beast depowers him by removing his helmet. I don't know what was up with that one.
In the 8th Day Saga Cain showed no signs of Thor's attacks having any effect on him.

And my account still stands Thor has never hurt Cain without having to effect Cain's enchantment.

Are you talking about Proff. Hulk? The one where he sucker punched Cain and took him to a knee and Cain was getting right back up showing no ill signs from the attack.

WWH Hulk only hurt Cain after he had just went through the portal and was still not at full power.

And I used Onslaught because he was a character you mentioned, but yes the Beast was also very awkward.

And there has been times Cain ahs faced High Heralds or Higher without resorting to his Forcefield so there hasn't always been a precedent for it. The main one that comes to mind is Nightmare who fought to a standstale without using his FF.

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2011 12:08 PM
Newjak is currently offline Click here to Send Newjak a Private Message Find more posts by Newjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote