KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Classic Unstoppable Juggernaut vs Odin-Force Thor

Classic Unstoppable Juggernaut vs Odin-Force Thor
Started by: Starscream M

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « First ... « 3 4 [5]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
PillarofOsiris

Re: Classic Unstoppable Juggernaut vs Odin-Force Thor

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Starscream M
No BFR. Could Thor take down Juggernaut in this rematch of the titans?!

This is v3 Odin-force Thor, the one that took down Bor.

[

This is really all you need to know right here. He took down Bor. Does Juggernaut stand any chance whatsoever is the real question.

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2011 09:00 PM
PillarofOsiris is currently offline Click here to Send PillarofOsiris a Private Message Find more posts by PillarofOsiris Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ptr_Grifin
What?

Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
I don't understand how you think those two scenes support it being impossible to knock Juggernaut out (He was hurt physically in both of them) Especially Cain being beaten to a bloody pulp by Hyperion (And I'm not impressed by killing alternate reality characters) Cain withstanding a handful of attacks from Green Scar and not being noticeably damaged is something I would expect by the way.

Good luck.

Those two scenes should be enough to say he can't be KO'd in a straight fist fight with Thor. He has too much going for him in the brawling department. I think it would take more than what Thor can dish out in fisticuffs to put Classic Juggernaut down for the count. Throw in other powers, and you may be able to sway me.

God put me on earth to accomplish a certain amount of things. Right now I am so far behind I will never die.

Last edited by Ptr_Grifin on Mar 22nd, 2011 at 10:12 PM

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2011 10:08 PM
Ptr_Grifin is currently offline Click here to Send Ptr_Grifin a Private Message Find more posts by Ptr_Grifin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zopzop
Lord of the Great Abyss

After reading through countless threads like these, I've come to the conclusion that they will never be resolved.

That is unless Marvel explains where Terran based deities rank in the cosmic scheme of things. Odin is a Terran Skyfather worshiped by a small group of Northern Europeans. There are other Earth based Skyfathers, generally each continent has it's own (some even have multiple).

Cytorrak is a universally (multiversal?) worshiped being. Terran and alien mages, hell even demon lords and gods, throughout the planes have invoked his name in spells.

Common sense would say Odinforce Thor isn't doing jack vs the avatar of a universally worshiped and invoked power. But this is comics, so who knows?

Odin has better on panel feats than Cytorrak though, and that should be taken into consideration too.

Back on thread topic, Juggernaut has resisted a God Blast and multiple hits from Mjolnir. These things have torn through a Celestial's armor and cracked it's skull. The Destroyer armor possessed by Odin and all Asgard couldn't even accomplish this.

However Thor could pull some shenanigans with Mjolnir and cancel Juggernaut's invulnerability again and the fight would be over this time because there's no 60 second limit handicapping Thor.

I'll give this to Odinforce Thor (or even regular Thor) 10/10.

..even the outer hells are indifferent matters for they bow only to potent and archaic Nodens.

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2011 10:31 PM
zopzop is currently offline Click here to Send zopzop a Private Message Find more posts by zopzop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hyperion Prime

Thor wins this. Bor would win this too against juggernaut.

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2011 10:39 PM
Hyperion Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Hyperion Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Hyperion Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rage.Of.Olympus

The one time Juggernaut has withstood hits from Thor directly is during the 8th day Sage where Jurgens had him noticeably amped.

I'd also like to point out that Cain had his force field when he was pushed back by the God Blast (Overpowered Cytorrak's enchantment that his unstoppable while moving by the way) and that was obviously not as powerful as the God Blast used against the Celestial Brain Dome. Not by a fair amount. It was under the same writer and not very far apart.

Originally posted by Ptr_Grifin
Those two scenes should be enough to say he can't be KO'd in a straight fist fight with Thor. He has too much going for him in the brawling department. I think it would take more than what Thor can dish out in fisticuffs to put Classic Juggernaut down for the count. Throw in other powers, and you may be able to sway me.

You could argue that since he didn't go down to hits from Green Scar, he should be able to withstand more punishment from Thor, but straight up removing the possibility? Disagreed. It should also be noted that (1) Thor was pissed off and (2) Thor struck Juggernaut with more blows in quick succession.

My guess for why you're using the Hyperion scene is because Juggernaut was extremely damaged and didn't go down. But, that's not how comics work. I can easily point you to numerous scenes where a character is bloodied to hell and down, yet in another scene, they are knocked the hell out without a scratch. Their have been plenty of such instances that you would need a direct comparison for it to matter.

What exactly are you arguing by the way? That Juggernaut can't be knocked out, or that classic Thor can't knock him out? Two very different things.

Last edited by Rage.Of.Olympus on Mar 22nd, 2011 at 10:49 PM

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2011 10:43 PM
Rage.Of.Olympus is currently offline Click here to Send Rage.Of.Olympus a Private Message Find more posts by Rage.Of.Olympus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ptr_Grifin
What?

Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
You could argue that since he didn't go down to hits from Green Scar, he should be able to withstand more punishment from Thor, but straight up removing the possibility? Disagreed. It should also be noted that (1) Thor was pissed off and (2) Thor struck Juggernaut with more blows in quick succession.

My guess for why you're using the Hyperion scene is because Juggernaut was extremely damaged and didn't go down. But, that's not how comics work. I can easily point you to numerous scenes where a character is bloodied to hell and down, yet in another scene, they are knocked the hell out without a scratch. Their have been plenty of such instances that you would need a direct comparison for it to matter.

What exactly are you arguing by the way? That Juggernaut can't be knocked out, or that classic Thor can't knock him out? Two very different things.

I could also argue more than just his forcefield was taken away at in that fight as well. When Thor's enchantment reached the time limit and Cain's forcefield came back, it also seemed as if he had not been beat to within an inch of KO, and instantly healed that damage. He was able to fight as if he had not already been fighting, no signs of the wear and tear Thor game him.

The Hyperion thing is much different than others getting just bloodied up. I was mainly focusing on Hyperion throwing that "game ending" punch at Juggernaut's head only to realize he can't bust it and Juggs just looked up and smiled. A weakened Juggernaut was beat to a bloody pulp and laughed off that punch from Hyperion. Now you have a much stronger Juggernaut taking the same level of punches from Thor. If Hyperion couldn't KO a weakened Juggernaut, I definitely don't see Thor doing it.

I'm basically trying to argue that Juggernaut cannot be KO'd by people on Thor and Hulk's level, shield or no shield. Even if they could damage him, his healing factor and endless supply of power and energy will keep him in the game.

God put me on earth to accomplish a certain amount of things. Right now I am so far behind I will never die.

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2011 11:57 PM
Ptr_Grifin is currently offline Click here to Send Ptr_Grifin a Private Message Find more posts by Ptr_Grifin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

I'm basically trying to argue that Juggernaut cannot be KO'd by people on Thor and Hulk's level, shield or no shield. Even if they could damage him, his healing factor and endless supply of power and energy will keep him in the game.

Someone could then bring up the fact that onslaught tooled him and knocked him out across the state........then the hulk nuked a stronger onslaught with absolutely zero leverage and his arm's being held down by onslaught

Last edited by psycho gundam on Mar 23rd, 2011 at 12:22 AM

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2011 12:19 AM
psycho gundam is currently offline Click here to Send psycho gundam a Private Message Find more posts by psycho gundam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Mindless Hulk though.

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2011 12:21 AM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

Originally posted by Zack Fair
Mindless Hulk though.
Worldbreaker did more with a mere forward advance no expression

the Japanese earthquake, the Chilean one...and sprinkle the Haitian one aswell to equal the effect of that hulk stepping out of the shower

Last edited by psycho gundam on Mar 23rd, 2011 at 12:27 AM

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2011 12:24 AM
psycho gundam is currently offline Click here to Send psycho gundam a Private Message Find more posts by psycho gundam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ptr_Grifin
What?

Originally posted by psycho gundam
Someone could then bring up the fact that onslaught tooled him and knocked him out across the state.

That happened off panel and the only thing Marvel has said (repeatedly) is that he "magnetically threw him" across those states. He is a psychic being, there are more logical ways he could have been knocked out. Especially off panel.

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2011 01:08 AM
Eternal Idol
Lono, "The Dog"

Originally posted by DarkOdin
I take it you never seen the battle where Thor negate juggs enchantment and beat juggs harder then Mike tyson fighting a 7 old school girl????

I've seen the latter of the two fights. That 1st grader was beat to a pulp, but she stood her ground longer than Peter McNeely. Great fight.

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2011 01:25 AM
Eternal Idol is currently offline Click here to Send Eternal Idol a Private Message Find more posts by Eternal Idol Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

That happened off panel and the only thing Marvel has said (repeatedly) is that he "magnetically threw him" across those states. He is a psychic being, there are more logical ways he could have been knocked out. Especially off panel.
so then the fall knocked him out?

either way it looks bad

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2011 02:14 AM
Estacado
Legendary

Since when is Juggs invulnerable only because of his force field?

Bankai.

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2011 09:12 AM
Estacado is currently offline Click here to Send Estacado a Private Message Find more posts by Estacado Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bannedtroll007
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by DarkOdin
Thor says otherwise mad
Thor can suck my Balls... mad

Old Post Apr 12th, 2011 09:16 AM
bannedtroll007 is currently offline Click here to Send bannedtroll007 a Private Message Find more posts by bannedtroll007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote