KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode IV, V & VI » Lucas Calls for Star Wars 3D

Lucas Calls for Star Wars 3D
Started by: Jinsoku Takai

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Jinsoku Takai
CIT Network Technician

Lucas Calls for Star Wars 3D

Old Post Jan 19th, 2010 09:26 PM
Click here to Send Jinsoku Takai a Private Message Find more posts by Jinsoku Takai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
InfernoJG95
darth inferno

Hmmm could be fun but I'd only watch the OT cause I haven't seen them in cinamas

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2010 09:47 PM
Click here to Send InfernoJG95 a Private Message Find more posts by InfernoJG95 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediRobin23
Somewhat Liberal

Allright I have to say it. Lucas is gonna make millions and millions for the future years to come by releasing his movies over and over and over....

Although, 3D would be cool big grin

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2010 12:04 AM
Click here to Send JediRobin23 a Private Message Find more posts by JediRobin23 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
coolmovies

This is what Lucus had to say

James Cameron's monster hit has convinced me that the technology has evolved to the point where he was willing to reconfigure the outer space series so it could be viewed in three dimensions

Old Post Sep 15th, 2010 02:07 PM
Click here to Send coolmovies a Private Message Find more posts by coolmovies Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mossman

This was first revealed shortly after Revenge of the Sith hit the cinemas, around the same time the new Clone Wars and upcoming live action TV series were announced.
At the time, McCallum said some tests had already been done on a 3-D version of the opening scene of ANH - I'm guessing they weren't entirely happy with the results, and put the idea on a back burner...

You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy...

Old Post Sep 15th, 2010 05:20 PM
Click here to Send mossman a Private Message Find more posts by mossman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthmaul1

Could be cool, and alot of the shots are the ships coming right at or over camera so they just have to add the 3d and it's good.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2010 06:25 PM
Click here to Send darthmaul1 a Private Message Find more posts by darthmaul1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Mind you, it was never shot with 3D in mind... so I wonder how it pans out. I thought Alice in Wonderland didn't get much enhancement from the 3D effects, you can clearly see it was never shot with 3D in mind. Avatar was and you can see the difference.

Old Post Sep 24th, 2010 10:06 AM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
coolmovies

George Lucas is set to re-release the six "Star Wars" films in 3D, beginning in 2012 with one film annually led by "The Phantom Menace

Though the 3D versions have been rumoured for some time, Lucas was evidently waiting until there were enough 3D screens available to make the release a sizable enough event.

Fox, which released all six of the original "Star Wars" films, would also release the 3D versions.

"The Phantom Menace," originally released in 1999, would be first out of star-dock in the early months of 2012. After that, each of the films would be released in order at the same time each consecutive year, depending on how well the first re-release does. That means the original "Star Wars" and its sequels won't start rolling out until 2015.

Each conversion takes at least a year to complete, with Lucas personally overseeing the process. He has said that "Avatar" convinced him that "Star Wars" was ready for the state-of-the-art 3D treatment.

Also pushing the timetable is a potential breakthrough in 3D television technology. With Samsung penetrating the market with 50,000-plus 3D-equipped televisions and Sony sending its version to market in recent months, the home-viewing experience could be primed for 3D DVD versions of the classic films by the time the new 3D series runs its course.

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/22/2010092...rs-5fdf947.html

Old Post Sep 29th, 2010 09:58 AM
Click here to Send coolmovies a Private Message Find more posts by coolmovies Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Sep 29th, 2010 04:30 PM
Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Yup

Old Post Sep 30th, 2010 07:31 AM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
coolmovies

I really hate Lucus now he only wants to turn them into 3D so he can make more cash !!

Old Post Sep 30th, 2010 03:57 PM
queeq
Chaos

ANd we'll pay!

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2010 11:04 AM
coolmovies

Its out same time as Titanic in 2012

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2010 10:30 AM
InfernoJG95
darth inferno

long as its not 3 year intervalls im good

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2010 10:41 AM
Click here to Send InfernoJG95 a Private Message Find more posts by InfernoJG95 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

laughing out loud

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2010 01:43 PM
FistOfThe North

do s.w. in 3d but this time take it above the avatar 3d level, which utilized depth of field where it looked as if you were looking into pandora through a window in real time.

Lucas need to do depth of field and the pop out effect. no movies have achieved both these 3d effects simulataneously.

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Nov 28th, 2010 04:07 AM
Click here to Send FistOfThe North a Private Message Find more posts by FistOfThe North Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

THat's because they can't. Cameron was wise to use enourmous depth of field, it makes 3D work. A shallow depth of field makes a picture already look three-dimensional without the 3D glasses. Just watch Alice in Wonderland in 3D. It wasn't shot for 3D and when we see the nice close ups with little depth of field, 3D just doesn't work... because it already looks 3D.

I've been with some 3D video tests during a concert an couple of months ago. And the only shots where 3D really works, really makes the shot dynamic and deep is where there is lots of depth of field. So wide angles, everything in focus... that's what you need to create stunning 3D.

It is kinda limiting cinematographywise though...

Old Post Nov 28th, 2010 11:25 AM