KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Transformers » Michael Bay Talks Transformers 3

How will this do?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
This is going to kick ass 5 21.74%
Who cares 0 0%
This is going to suck balls 18 78.26%
Total: 23 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Michael Bay Talks Transformers 3
Started by: The Nuul

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

I Guess a lil bit of Skynet has gotten into your system.

Old Post Feb 6th, 2010 02:10 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lordmegatron1
Bringer of chaos

Shut up you big oaf. I haven't been around Skynet for over 50 years. I've been stuck inside humans helping the symbiotes drain their life forceto regain full power.

Old Post Feb 6th, 2010 03:57 PM
lordmegatron1 is currently offline Click here to Send lordmegatron1 a Private Message Find more posts by lordmegatron1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
willman
Commander Keen FTW

quote: (post)
Originally posted by roughrider
I guess if you watch something without paying attention, you will be confused. That's what I got from your complaints.

I was paying attention, i was paying enough attention to see that they kept stopping the action for a romance that was never developed in the first film (and no one really cared). The real thing that brought this movie down though was the constant stooping to an immature level. Those two twin autobots were introduced who were supposed to be "hip" maybe? They just turned out to be extremely annoying and to bring down the level of the movie as a whole. I walked out of the cinema when i heard one of them say he was gonna "pop a cap in yo a55"...when i watched it on DVD i tried to put up with it but trying to remain seated for the whole thing was a real test.

Only one sequel tops T2 for horrendous storyline and that's POTC: At Worlds End.

EDIT: Its good to see that T2 is also up for 7 Razzies: Worst film, Worst director, Worst supporting actress, Worst screenplay, Worst actress, Worst screen couple and Worst remake, ripoff or sequel.

Last edited by willman on Feb 6th, 2010 at 08:15 PM

Old Post Feb 6th, 2010 08:08 PM
willman is currently offline Click here to Send willman a Private Message Find more posts by willman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lordmegatron1
Bringer of chaos

Boy that's pathetic.

Old Post Feb 6th, 2010 11:17 PM
lordmegatron1 is currently offline Click here to Send lordmegatron1 a Private Message Find more posts by lordmegatron1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lordmegatron1
Bringer of chaos

Kill Bay. Hire more directors like Spielberg or Ivan.

Old Post Feb 6th, 2010 11:19 PM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Ivan the terrible?

Old Post Feb 7th, 2010 03:46 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lordmegatron1
Bringer of chaos

No stupid Ivan Reichtman.

Old Post Feb 7th, 2010 07:22 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Sorry if i don't know every single director......oh mighty scrap heap.

Old Post Feb 9th, 2010 05:10 AM
darthmaul1

the first movie was great, the 2nd sucked ass, and im sure the 3rd one will do the same

Old Post Feb 9th, 2010 10:20 PM
darthmaul1 is currently offline Click here to Send darthmaul1 a Private Message Find more posts by darthmaul1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scythe
The Goat

I have good, not high, expectations for the 3rd. Unlike so many others, I enjoyed both movies. I didn't go into the theater expecting Oscar worthy acting, just good CGI, which it had. The first movie gave me a feeling of nostalgia, seeing Prime look all realistic was great. The second film played out like two kids playing in the sandbox. Which is what TF's is to me, good memories of playing in the sandbox with my friends. I don't want an epic movie with a TDK-like storyline that involves TF's, I want giant robots fighting. I mean, people complained the plot to TF 2 was stupid, yet some of the G1 toons made little to no sense as well. Probably why I liked TF 2 so much. So yeah, bring on TF 3, make it as dumb as possible and pack it with explosions, if I want good acting, I'll go watch Moon, TDK or District 9.

Old Post Feb 11th, 2010 06:43 AM
Scythe is currently offline Click here to Send Scythe a Private Message Find more posts by Scythe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Originally posted by Scythe
I have good, not high, expectations for the 3rd. Unlike so many others, I enjoyed both movies. I didn't go into the theater expecting Oscar worthy acting,
Neither did we...just reasonable acting would have done, but a shit script is a shit script no matter HOW well acted it is.
To reduce everyone else complaints to that small complaint on a long list of bigger ones is odd, to me.

quote:
just good CGI, which it had.

And you can see that in lots of other movies also...by that rationale War of the worlds, Terminator Salvation, Avatar all better TFs movies..?
..CGI in this day and age not a strong enough point on its own to justify it as main-draw power IMO..

quote:
The first movie gave me a feeling of nostalgia, seeing Prime look all realistic was great. The second film played out like two kids playing in the sandbox. Which is what TF's is to me, good memories of playing in the sandbox with my friends. I don't want an epic movie with a TDK-like storyline that involves TF's, I want giant robots fighting.

Realistic to what exactly...? Not the Prime we knew.
If a turd was portrayed realistically on film, that in itself is not enough to watch it.

Ah well that sandbox'll always still be there for you, just avoid the mysterious soft cigar shaped objects that keep appearing in it for they are not some transformable poopicon.. stick out tongue

The characters and plots are what made it great and different from generic robot thrillers. F**k up those aspects and you render the movie worthless.
Read Target:2006 and tell me that wasnt more gripping and advanced than a sanpit game with your mates back in the day.

quote:
I mean, people complained the plot to TF 2 was stupid, yet some of the G1 toons made little to no sense as well. Probably why I liked TF 2 so much. So yeah, bring on TF 3, make it as dumb as possible and pack it with explosions, if I want good acting, I'll go watch Moon, TDK or District 9.

Thats why they shoulda based it on the comics. They were great and made more sense.
The cartoon series was way dumbed down. But it and the Transformers movie were way superior to the Bay movies, nonetheless.
And if you're gonna mess with the concept, the designs, the characters, and sacrifice so many great and unique things that made the original so great, the story had better be epic. And nope its not even halfway as epic as the original 86 movie. Lets face it: The 1st 20 mins of that movie had more of interest than nearly 5 hours Michael Bay had yielded.

Without good acting, good plot and characters, its just 2hrs of devastator balls, John Tuturros crotch and annoying RC transformers that curse the whole time to appeal to the minds of 12 year olds, and seeing the memories of old beloved characters rolled through the dirt and raped hard in the ass to line Bay's duvet stuffed with cash.

"Van Zan is the Pinocchio of feces." - Lestov16

Last edited by Sadako of Girth on Feb 20th, 2010 at 11:42 AM

Old Post Feb 20th, 2010 11:37 AM
Sadako of Girth is currently offline Click here to Send Sadako of Girth a Private Message Find more posts by Sadako of Girth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scythe
The Goat

Originally posted by Sadako of Girth
Neither did we...just reasonable acting would have done, but a shit script is a shit script no matter HOW well acted it is.
To reduce everyone else complaints to that small complaint on a long list of bigger ones is odd, to me.

That's good. Almost everyone I went to go see it with expected academy award winning acting in this, AND G.I. Joe. I laughed.

And you can see that in lots of other movies also...by that rationale War of the worlds, Terminator Salvation, Avatar all better TFs movies..?
..CGI in this day and age not a strong enough point on its own to justify it as main-draw power IMO..

To me it was a big deal though, the bots looked great. Sort of a cross between Terminator and Alternators, though that's just my opinion. I would've liked to see the bots look all blocky though, like a tad bit G1-ish, haha.

Realistic to what exactly...? Not the Prime we knew.
If a turd was portrayed realistically on film, that in itself is not enough to watch it.

There's been so many different incarnations of Prime, that I'm just so used to seeing something different. Armada's Prime was reckless, Alternity's Prime is nuts in a cosmic scale, and Car Robot's Prime was pretty lethal. So it's easy to grasp the concept of a Prime that's far away from G1, at least for me.

for they are not some transformable poopicon.. stick out tongue

Hahaha, poopicon.

The characters and plots are what made it great and different from generic robot thrillers. F**k up those aspects and you render the movie worthless.
Read Target:2006 and tell me that wasnt more gripping and advanced than a sanpit game with your mates back in the day.

Target: 2006 was awesome, even Call Of The Primitives. Should they reboot the franchise, I'd love to see films based around either of those two concepts.

Thats why they shoulda based it on the comics. They were great and made more sense. The cartoon series was way dumbed down. But it and the Transformers movie were way superior to the Bay movies, nonetheless. And if you're gonna mess with the concept, the designs, the characters, and sacrifice so many great and unique things that made the original so great, the story had better be epic. And nope its not even halfway as epic as the original 86 movie. Lets face it: The 1st 20 mins of that movie had more of interest than nearly 5 hours Michael Bay had yielded.

Yes, the comics would've been a much more successful hit, I agree. the UK comics would've been enough to make it amazing.

Without good acting, good plot and characters, its just 2hrs of devastator balls, John Tuturros crotch and annoying RC transformers that curse the whole time to appeal to the minds of 12 year olds, and seeing the memories of old beloved characters rolled through the dirt and raped hard in the ass to line Bay's duvet stuffed with cash.

Yeah, and I'm not saying the Bay films are perfect, I just flat out enjoyed them, but they do have their faults/flaws, but the main thing that I'm glad about, is that the Bay films brought TF's to a new generation and made it possible to spawn more movies, tv shows and great toys because interest was brought back. We're getting that WFC game, and who knows what else is in the horizon.

Old Post Feb 21st, 2010 12:16 AM
Scythe is currently offline Click here to Send Scythe a Private Message Find more posts by Scythe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthmaul1

For me it was the way the movie was presented. the first one was great but the 2nd the way it was put together was terrible, over the top parents, leo and simmons, robots humping (stupid not funny) introduction of characters (there was none). reduced parts and lines for previous characters that were good, the fact the transformers are a secret (stupid). autobot "heaven". geographical errors abound just f*cking retarded, the whole thing.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2010 05:19 PM
darthmaul1 is currently offline Click here to Send darthmaul1 a Private Message Find more posts by darthmaul1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2010 06:49 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

I still don't get why people harp on the design changes.

Did you really expect Prowl to show up as a Datsun? They couldn't have looked like the cartoon and people need to accept that.

Additionally, I don't see why people keep coming back to Devastator's balls. That was maybe four seconds of screen time and it's getting blown WAY out of proportion.

There're some really enjoyable parts to the movies when I watch them now, but most of my enjoyment was reactionary. I can't wait them again without noticing horrid flaws.

With that said, Michael Bay isn't Satan and these movies aren't the devil.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

I review comics and such here: http://welcometothemast.blogspot.com

Old Post Mar 26th, 2010 03:47 PM
Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthmaul1

Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
I still don't get why people harp on the design changes.

Did you really expect Prowl to show up as a Datsun? They couldn't have looked like the cartoon and people need to accept that.

Additionally, I don't see why people keep coming back to Devastator's balls. That was maybe four seconds of screen time and it's getting blown WAY out of proportion.

There're some really enjoyable parts to the movies when I watch them now, but most of my enjoyment was reactionary. I can't wait them again without noticing horrid flaws.

With that said, Michael Bay isn't Satan and these movies aren't the devil.

-AC

I loved the design changes, and as for devastators balls it's just stupid and takes you out of the moment. Devistator wasn't even needed Megatron could of ripped the top off the pyramid easy enough, but there was much more that just made it dumber than a sack of door knobs. Like simmons calling a ship in the gulf and shooting devastator frigin retarded. I managed to cut that whole part out of the movie and reduced from 2hrs 30min to 1hr 30min.

Old Post Mar 29th, 2010 09:20 PM
Scythe
The Goat

Originally posted by darthmaul1
Like simmons calling a ship in the gulf and shooting devastator frigin retarded. I managed to cut that whole part out of the movie and reduced from 2hrs 30min to 1hr 30min.

It was a deus ex machina, so many other movies have had one as well. Like Star Wars, I enjoyed SW as much as the next guy, but the Deathstar has a narrow corridor that if two fireballs trave straight through it, and make a 90 degree angle plummet straight down due to religious aspects will then ignite something inside it that causes the whole place to explode? Haha, sometimes they make the film much more entertaining. I remember I laughed when I saw the ship with the B.F.G.. They could've done much worse, I think, but it does seem like people are milking the dogs humping and Dev's balls a little too much.

Old Post Mar 30th, 2010 05:33 AM
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by darthmaul1
I loved the design changes, and as for devastators balls it's just stupid and takes you out of the moment. Devistator wasn't even needed Megatron could of ripped the top off the pyramid easy enough, but there was much more that just made it dumber than a sack of door knobs. Like simmons calling a ship in the gulf and shooting devastator frigin retarded. I managed to cut that whole part out of the movie and reduced from 2hrs 30min to 1hr 30min.

It was about five seconds long, if that.

It was nothing.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

I review comics and such here: http://welcometothemast.blogspot.com

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2010 03:22 AM
Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthmaul1

Originally posted by Scythe
It was a deus ex machina, so many other movies have had one as well. Like Star Wars, I enjoyed SW as much as the next guy, but the Deathstar has a narrow corridor that if two fireballs trave straight through it, and make a 90 degree angle plummet straight down due to religious aspects will then ignite something inside it that causes the whole place to explode? Haha, sometimes they make the film much more entertaining. I remember I laughed when I saw the ship with the B.F.G.. They could've done much worse, I think, but it does seem like people are milking the dogs humping and Dev's balls a little too much.

For me it was just the fact that when i saw them it took me out of the movie experience. and then the stuff with them going to the aironautic space museum in washington dc and then they go outside to the bone yard in arizona!! and going from eygpt to jordan and skipping over israel
and where they supposedly dropped prime is no where near the pyramids the pyramids are 250miles to the west. The transformers are a secret?? how in the hell did they cover up the battle they had in the city at the end?? All of that plus more took me out of the movie cause it was f*cking stupid. Even in the first one they made up a fake city to fight in, and that is fine. so why couldn't they of called the museum the obama air museum?? then you could put what ever you want to outside.

Old Post May 5th, 2010 06:46 PM
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
It was about five seconds long, if that.

It was nothing.

-AC

But a much longer time period when combined with Wheelie's dumb Leg humping, ('Cause yeah TFs are sexual beings right...? lolz) and the other trouser, balls ass jokes throughout.

"Van Zan is the Pinocchio of feces." - Lestov16

Old Post May 15th, 2010 12:12 PM
Sadako of Girth is currently offline Click here to Send Sadako of Girth a Private Message Find more posts by Sadako of Girth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote