KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Games 'Versus' Forum » War and Link vs Kratos, Bayonetta and Dante

War and Link vs Kratos, Bayonetta and Dante
Started by: DarkestSonata

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (60): « First ... « 41 42 [43] 44 45 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
iChaos
The Embodiment of Chaos

I wonder if he could throw that pillar like Ares did in God of War?

Last edited by iChaos on Feb 13th, 2010 at 02:22 AM

Old Post Feb 13th, 2010 02:15 AM
iChaos is currently offline Click here to Send iChaos a Private Message Find more posts by iChaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
fascistcrusader
Restricted

Account Restricted

Toon force is a character doing something they could never canonically do for thr sake of a funny or neat looking scene.

Take Mario in SMW, for example. He's just a fat guido, he has no super powers and needs to wander through castles and fight the koopa inside one on one. In one scene, however, he picks up a castle and throws it off screen. This is toonforce, because if Mario could lift and throw castles like that he wouldn't need to do anything he does in the games.

Toonforce is a recognized concept in this forum, BT isn't just making it up.

Old Post Feb 13th, 2010 02:16 AM
fascistcrusader is currently offline Click here to Send fascistcrusader a Private Message Find more posts by fascistcrusader Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Burning thought
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by The Scenario
So what exactly does "toonforce" mean?

The way I'm seeing it used it seems to mean "you can't do something you've already done because it doesn't make sense."

Screampaste's argument is basically "he did this aleady, and I'm trying to make it make sense."

And then no one is able to agree.

I am using Toonforce wrong to a certain extent. What happens to Link that makes him fly across miles due to that little explosion is true toonforce.

heres why:

First hes a toon, you can see it from his art design but more importantly, he flies miles into the air out of sight the sort of thing bugs bunny, pokemon or w/e other cartoon does and he even squeeks in a comedic fashion (not realistic) when he hits the stone.

he can do it, just not on a realistically physical battleground. The game shows us Links feats, Screampaste has decided he thinks its BS and for this to work he has to add power/strength/durability/speed or w/e to make it work for his argument.

This I am sure you agree is wrong, completly because games do not have to be logical, especialyl when exceptions are not made. We have an exception for strength in Links arms, the gauntlets yes? but not the rest of his body.

Screampaste has made the game into what he thinks it should be ,added exceptions and then told us his evidence based on his exceptions and math (thats correct taking into account those exceptions) makes link stronger than would make sense for the game and to a lot of people here. His arguments are all invalid if hes added exceptions or used what he thinks should make sense in logic for the game.

-----------------------------------

Another note:

I dont know the word for a character who has feats similiar to a toon but due to art design is not a toon. For example, I would argue to a certain extent that Dante, out of Dantes inferno could have some toon feats, because he is doing things that are physically impossible for man to do, even though hes not necesserily physically enhanced. From what I got from the game he is just a normal man who defies death and continues on a journey to save his wife. He has some cool items but in the end, that would not let you without strength enhancements manhandle large demons.

Last edited by Burning thought on Feb 13th, 2010 at 02:19 AM

Old Post Feb 13th, 2010 02:17 AM
Burning thought is currently offline Click here to Send Burning thought a Private Message Find more posts by Burning thought Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MooCowofJustice
Too Far Gone

I will now explain why all of this is completely stupid.

Originally posted by Burning thought
"sigh" trying to actually dodge answering any arguments?

Ok because I am bored I have compiled how youve been beaten.

I proved you wrong in the argument over toonforce as soon as we see Link (In toon form no less) flying into the atmosphere from a firecracker esque explosion and sliding down the castle wall once hitting it like a "bug on a windowscreen" with a squeek as Sin put it.

I proved you wrong in the argument over the physical legitimacy of the Pillar feat as soon as we see Link lift it at an angle that was ridiculous and would have fallen but more importantly hold it on legs and body not enhanced in strength or durability. This also hooks in with toonforce, and how this game is not to be taken seriously for its physics.

I proved you wrong in your calculations and exceptions on a number of occassions such as:

Iron boots- you calculated the Goron at 200 tonnes no? wrong, because iron would not take that force, Gorons could be hollow and more importantly, Links whole leg would shatter. You even squirmed and made an exception like you often do this exception involved how the boots had to be (for your argument to work) of a different material.

Links weight according to a Puzzle in the same game as the boots is also only 5x more with iron boots. Either the games physics are repelled by toonforce or your math is wrong.

Again the pillar feat you make an exception for Links durability/strength based on nothing, theres no indication that within the games own canon that Link is actually physically stronger than a man by default or more durable yet you suddenly assume to make your argument work that he can naturally take thousands of tonnes of PSI.

You fail to counter the fact Link sighned/grunted with tension as he lifted it, with only 75k jouls of kinetic energy. If he finds that hard, you fail to actually counter how he could possibly within realistic physical constraint (and not Toonforce like I have proven) toss it 100m/s.

I Proved you wrong with the whip feat, or more importantly you proved yourself wrong as theres no feat to speak of.

one of your major flaws is that you calculate all this specific math in a fiction universe with countless stated exceptions (meaning you had to make exceptions for your math to work) and then you assume your fiction has to be logical (it does not, its a fiction).

even worse you forget LoZ is based around the whole time on exploraton, puzzle solving and item finding. These puzzles would mean nothing to a link who could dig his way, smash his way or w/e through all the puzzles. Your math even if it was not full of flawed nonsense annd YOUR OWN exceptions is still in contradiction with the games logic. Link wouldnt need shields, swords etc if he was as strong or as durable as you claim.

You think your version of LoZ is the only correct one. Many people who have played it here from Sin, Odins wrath, Scenario they either dont use the feats youve tossed together or disregard your feats entirely because its obviously nonsense. FC has played it also yet you think your version of LoZ is correct? your arguments lie solely on your version of the game, yet others who have played it and have their own opinions need to be wrong for you feats to work....

You continue to claim Link is victorious while ignoring other characters, you act as if all Links item appear and activate instantly while forgetting Link is slower, vulernable and weak against the superior Team 2 who have attributes to escape all of Links powers.

That angle is a new argument, but it still sucks. And your entire argument for calling it toonforce revolves around that Link "doesn't have any reason to be superhuman" or some stupid bullshit like that. When in fact, he has the gauntlets to grant him strength, and just like Dante has his devil powers, Link has the Triforce of Courage. Get ****in' raped, ****tard.

The Iron boots don't have to take that force, because the concept of physics still escapes you, all they do is add to Link's weight. And since he is already very VERY strong, he needs much less weight than you think. I'll put it this way, the Queen of England is going to sumo wrestle the Japanese champion, Fa Tso. Fa Tso, being a man, is naturally much stronger. But the Queen is retaining water, and she has reached a weight of 1000 pounds (not your money). Fa Tso is only 400 pounds. At the beginning of the match, the queen starts to roll herself at our champion. Before the match started, however, Fa Tso's manager had a very strong magnet installed under the sumo ring, and Fa Tso is wearing metal sandals. Thus, when queeny hits Fa Tso, the sandals act as his anchor. Unfortunately, in this case, Fa Tso has a much harder time and his sandals are magnetized because he is much weaker than Link is.

Except that you can grunt to lift something that isn't heavy. Hell, I used to play soccer and our goalie could punt the ball 3/4s of the field and he grunted every time. It's just a natural phenomenon.

Based on what? Your nonfan-stupidity.

Then there's more of that mindset bullshit. That nonsense is automatically ruled out due to the concept of vs threads. The object is to see which character would win, not see which character would probably choose not to fight due to the fact that the other one didn't do anything wrong to him yet and let the other guy cut his ****ing head off. Go take that bullshit somewhere else, ****tard.

Fact is, it is, they just don't want to accept it, much like you. You're all in far too deep now, if you quit I'll never let you live that shit down. Bring it up in every thread I see you in.

Except for these nice little facts:

1) Link doesn't have to be physically faster.
2) Link has a defense the other characters won't breach.
3) Link slows time while behind his defense.
4) This is composite Link, fact is he doesn't need to do any of that. He's just broken.

All hail Scythe, King of the Sigs.

Old Post Feb 13th, 2010 02:19 AM
MooCowofJustice is currently offline Click here to Send MooCowofJustice a Private Message Find more posts by MooCowofJustice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Burning thought
Restricted

Account Restricted

As much as i hate to admit it, Screampaste handlles himself far better than his lackies, if someone wants to reply to Moocow then they can do so, if I get bored I may reply to certain piecies for lulz.

Ok here goez my lulz

Originally posted by MooCowofJustice

Except for these nice little facts:

1) Link doesn't have to be physically faster.
2) Link has a defense the other characters won't breach.
3) Link slows time while behind his defense.
4) This is composite Link, fact is he doesn't need to do any of that. He's just broken.

1. He does, their bullet timers with ease, and their actual movement/combat speed is not much slower than that.

2. no limit fallacy thats called, or fanboy stubborness you choose.

3. Two of Team 2 can manip time and Link has to have his dinky phantom sword out AND pull out a sphere to use it, Bayonetta can exist in purgatory, a different dimension thats connected to ours, if time is slowed in the physical realm she is not touched but can strike link with impunity.

4. He does, composite link is just Link with a ton of crappy little additions. Cutting and pasting different items and giving it to another link is not going to help him.

Last edited by Burning thought on Feb 13th, 2010 at 02:29 AM

Old Post Feb 13th, 2010 02:21 AM
Burning thought is currently offline Click here to Send Burning thought a Private Message Find more posts by Burning thought Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
iChaos
The Embodiment of Chaos

Link's timestop/slow could technically be nullified by QS.

Old Post Feb 13th, 2010 02:32 AM
iChaos is currently offline Click here to Send iChaos a Private Message Find more posts by iChaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Burning thought
Restricted

Account Restricted

And ignored by Bayonetta not even being on the same dimension. She still blows a hole in his head.

Or they could just use their powers before Link does (they have innate power, he needs a seperate sword to his consistent one and a phantom sphere) hence they will do it quicker. Then just steal his sword and give it to Kratos.

Old Post Feb 13th, 2010 02:34 AM
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

Steal it from inside that bubble they can't get into?

The moon and stars aren't just shades of lead

But you wouldn't know as you rest your head.

Old Post Feb 13th, 2010 02:35 AM
ScreamPaste is currently offline Click here to Send ScreamPaste a Private Message Find more posts by ScreamPaste Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Burning thought
Restricted

Account Restricted

Prove this? Link has a bubble but assuming they cant reach into it is daft, when has it been tried? its a protective bubble, yet your assuming if Zelda went to pat Link on the shoulder she wouldnt be able to touch him? I dont buy that.

Assuming he can activate it ofc before they stop time (not really likely). They could prob outlast hs shield with their time powers.

Also no limit fallacy....bubble has no canon feats, using gameplay AND your flawed lack of logic is even poorer than your usual display.

Old Post Feb 13th, 2010 02:37 AM
iChaos
The Embodiment of Chaos

Lol, a bubble. So while Link is busy, War gets taken out and it's 3vs1.

Old Post Feb 13th, 2010 02:37 AM
MooCowofJustice
Too Far Gone

Originally posted by Burning thought
As much as i hate to admit it, Screampaste handlles himself far better than his lackies, if someone wants to reply to Moocow then they can do so, if I get bored I may reply to certain piecies for lulz.

Ok here goez my lulz

1. He does, their bullet timers with ease, and their actual movement/combat speed is not much slower than that.

2. no limit fallacy thats called, or fanboy stubborness you choose.

3. Two of Team 2 can manip time and Link has to have his dinky phantom sword out AND pull out a sphere to use it, Bayonetta can exist in purgatory, a different dimension thats connected to ours, if time is slowed in the physical realm she is not touched but can strike link with impunity.

4. He does, composite link is just Link with a ton of crappy little additions. Cutting and pasting different items and giving it to another link is not going to help him.

Nah, I'm just throwing those in there for my own reason.

1) That is not supersonic speed, try again.

2) Actually it isn't, because it has a time limit.

3) Except that none of that matters. At all.

4) Those crappy little additions mean nothing in this thread touches Link, or even knows where he is.

All hail Scythe, King of the Sigs.

Old Post Feb 13th, 2010 02:38 AM
MooCowofJustice is currently offline Click here to Send MooCowofJustice a Private Message Find more posts by MooCowofJustice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

His shield that lasts 3 days minimum, that they can't get into? And Link isn't busy at all, iChaos, he's just invincible.

Old Post Feb 13th, 2010 02:39 AM
ScreamPaste is currently offline Click here to Send ScreamPaste a Private Message Find more posts by ScreamPaste Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phanteros
the Shade knight

Congrats Link, you got your partner killed while your chillin' in a bubble.
poor War is going to get gangbanged.

Old Post Feb 13th, 2010 02:41 AM
Phanteros is currently offline Click here to Send Phanteros a Private Message Find more posts by Phanteros Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Burning thought
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by MooCowofJustice
Nah, I'm just throwing those in there for my own reason.

1) That is not supersonic speed, try again.

2) Actually it isn't, because it has a time limit.

3) Except that none of that matters. At all.

4) Those crappy little additions mean nothing in this thread touches Link, or even knows where he is.

1) neither is link, try again. And a bullet is only slightly off supersonic, they would have to >>supersonic to dodge it after it has left the chamber.

2) Its still a no limit fallacy

3) yeh, it slows him to a crawl in comparison to their instant, faster reaction of acitvating their time powers.

4) Let me guess, instangbility/invisiblity? you been ignoring the fact bayonetta enemies are all like this? as is she if she chooses? and once again, he has a limit...Dante has hit ghosts as well. Kratos has hades souls.

Originally posted by ScreamPaste
His shield that lasts 3 days minimum, that they can't get into? And Link isn't busy at all, iChaos, he's just invincible.

Again, no limitz fallaciez and 3 days after he has Chatau romi, which e will never drink because they steal it from him.

Old Post Feb 13th, 2010 02:41 AM
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

quote:
Congrats Link, you got your partner killed while your chillin' in a bubble.
poor War is going to get gangbanged.
I mentioned earlier on, that seeing as War is sort of the child of Link and Kratos, with Link being the father, naturally, that I'd like to see a resolution to this thread where Link manages to keep War alive, as well. It adds an extra challenge. Thing is:

Link can throw up his shield instantly, and has a few minutes before he needs to drink Chateau Romani. He can evne drink it will defending War. They can't do anythign to stop him.

quote:
Again, no limitz fallaciez and 3 days after he has Chatau romi, which e will never drink because they steal it from him.
It's not a no-limit fallacy. This bubble's seen mroe damage than anyone on Team 2 can do. And they can't steal it from his bubble, as I already mentioned.

Old Post Feb 13th, 2010 02:43 AM
Cyner
Too little too late

BT I wasn't trying to help Screampaste, what I've trying to do is give you some criticism to think about. I like to have discussions about which character can do what but I don't have the patience to deal with people who make terrible arguments all the time, people like you. Just saying that you should re examine the way you do things on this website.

Old Post Feb 13th, 2010 02:45 AM
Cyner is currently offline Click here to Send Cyner a Private Message Find more posts by Cyner Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Burning thought
Restricted

Account Restricted

I mentioned earlier on, that seeing as War is sort of the child of Link and Kratos, with Link being the father, naturally, that I'd like to see a resolution to this thread where Link manages to keep War alive, as well. It adds an extra challenge. Thing is:

Link can throw up his shield instantly, and has a few minutes before he needs to drink Chateau Romani. He can evne drink it will defending War. They can't do anythign to stop him.

It's not a no-limit fallacy. This bubble's seen mroe damage than anyone on Team 2 can do. And they can't steal it from his bubble, as I already mentioned.

Assuming the no limit fallacy that is inviciblity is in effect, Link can still be moved, with kratos, Dante or Bayonetta tossing him about in a hurricane of sworld blows . Hell any of them could just send off elemental forces such as wind (Typhons bane hurricane ftw) to send Links little vials of Chatuai romi shattering.

Old Post Feb 13th, 2010 02:46 AM
iChaos
The Embodiment of Chaos

So can he do anything while he's in this bubble? Because if not, they could easily throw him in the middle of the ocean, lol

Old Post Feb 13th, 2010 02:47 AM
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

That they cannot. Note in WW how Ganon can't send Link flying with the shield up.

Also, stop mispelling it on purpose, it's juvenile.

quote:
So can he do anything while he's in this bubble? Because if not, they could easily throw him in the middle of the ocean, lol
He can do everythign with it up that he can with it down. Including cast Farore's wind to prevent BFR's.

Old Post Feb 13th, 2010 02:47 AM
Phanteros
the Shade knight

No Kratos is the pap,

(please log in to view the image)

Anyway War gets killed or has a wormhole in his tomache

Old Post Feb 13th, 2010 02:48 AM
Phanteros is currently offline Click here to Send Phanteros a Private Message Find more posts by Phanteros Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote