KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Games 'Versus' Forum » War and Link vs Kratos, Bayonetta and Dante

War and Link vs Kratos, Bayonetta and Dante
Started by: DarkestSonata

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (60): « First ... « 43 44 [45] 46 47 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Maester_yoda

Well, there's lasers from Beamos, for starters.

"You do this, Sam, and its all about you, the great Sam Gerard." "Yes I am." "And you always have to win." "Yes I do."

Old Post Feb 13th, 2010 05:51 PM
Maester_yoda is currently offline Click here to Send Maester_yoda a Private Message Find more posts by Maester_yoda Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Burning thought
Restricted

Account Restricted

Cyclopian towers that fire lasers or flames? from the wiki it seems they dont Canoically strike links shield.....I doubt they have feats for the intensity of their eyes so I cant see how it could ever be a good feat in comparison to taking empowered bulllets.

Spiral would go right through Links shield and Link, bayonettas leg mounted grenade/rocket launchers would also knock him down dead.

Old Post Feb 13th, 2010 06:41 PM
Burning thought is currently offline Click here to Send Burning thought a Private Message Find more posts by Burning thought Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Maester_yoda

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Burning thought
Cyclopian towers that fire lasers or flames? from the wiki it seems they dont Canoically strike links shield.....I doubt they have feats for the intensity of their eyes so I cant see how it could ever be a good feat in comparison to taking empowered bulllets.

Spiral would go right through Links shield and Link, bayonettas leg mounted grenade/rocket launchers would also knock him down dead.

seriously BT....seriously thats your rebuttal? I guess Canoically nothing ever happened then?

"You do this, Sam, and its all about you, the great Sam Gerard." "Yes I am." "And you always have to win." "Yes I do."

Old Post Feb 13th, 2010 06:57 PM
Maester_yoda is currently offline Click here to Send Maester_yoda a Private Message Find more posts by Maester_yoda Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Burning thought
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Maester_yoda
seriously BT....seriously thats your rebuttal? I guess Canoically nothing ever happened then?

Erm, yeh?

Oh no, canonically a lot of things happened. Link bypassed them somehow, maybe avoided them alltogether to reach the canon events such as defeating Ganon, claiming the MS, talk to NPC A/B etc etc

The actual cutscene/storyline events happened in canon. Just not what the player did to defeat the Beam entities, nor the gameplay mechanics connected to them.

Dante did not canonically smash up the tables in DMC3 where he gets the shotgun, Nero did not canonically go looking for those little red symbols slapped on various objects that teleported him to a secret challenge level either.

Old Post Feb 13th, 2010 07:06 PM
Burning thought is currently offline Click here to Send Burning thought a Private Message Find more posts by Burning thought Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Maester_yoda

so anything you do in gameplay is not canon?

Old Post Feb 13th, 2010 07:31 PM
Burning thought
Restricted

Account Restricted

Some key things, for example having to activate a certain switch, open a door, move an object thats blocking your way has to be canon in some way because otherwise the character would not have passed that point.

But the tactics you use in gameplay is certainly not canon. And whats more important is damage values during gameplay is not canon, its gameplay mechanics so if Links shield can take those beams in gameplay, its not a useful feat.

Old Post Feb 13th, 2010 07:38 PM
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

quote:
I'm pretty sure that this was more of a popularity contest like those Character Battle polls in GameFAQS.
You'd be wrong, very wrong.

A match is suggest, admin posts the debate, both sides make arguments, Admin selects the winner.

quote:
Spell does nothing to projectiles and Link can get penetrated by bullets.
Doesn't need to and been disproven.

quote:
When has his shield taken anything like a bullet?

The moon and stars aren't just shades of lead

But you wouldn't know as you rest your head.

Old Post Feb 13th, 2010 07:40 PM
ScreamPaste is currently offline Click here to Send ScreamPaste a Private Message Find more posts by ScreamPaste Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Burning thought
Restricted

Account Restricted

Also it would seem there are two Link timelines, one for adult link, one for child. So technically even a composite link would have to choose a timeline to draw feats and items from.

Old Post Feb 13th, 2010 08:10 PM
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

It's impossible to tell which games belong in which timeline, but you're free to try.

Edit: WW/PH/ST are adult timeline, MM and TP are child timeline. OoT is both. After this there's no way to tell.

Last edited by ScreamPaste on Feb 13th, 2010 at 08:25 PM

Old Post Feb 13th, 2010 08:23 PM
ScreamPaste is currently offline Click here to Send ScreamPaste a Private Message Find more posts by ScreamPaste Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkestSonata
Baby Punter

Could Spell even work on any of these guys. I know it is stated to turn all enemies to goo, but it doesn't work on the bosses, does it? You can't walk up to Ganondorf, use Spell, and boom, game over. Why is that?

Old Post Feb 13th, 2010 11:17 PM
DarkestSonata is currently offline Click here to Send DarkestSonata a Private Message Find more posts by DarkestSonata Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phanteros
the Shade knight

Admin selects by vote. and users at FP have shown ignorance that makes me lol

Old Post Feb 13th, 2010 11:23 PM
Phanteros is currently offline Click here to Send Phanteros a Private Message Find more posts by Phanteros Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Burning thought
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by DarkestSonata
Could Spell even work on any of these guys. I know it is stated to turn all enemies to goo, but it doesn't work on the bosses, does it? You can't walk up to Ganondorf, use Spell, and boom, game over. Why is that?

The spell transforming everyone and everything is a no limit fallacy. Chances are it would not work against anyone with minor magical resistance and all characters here have faced magic in many forms.

Old Post Feb 13th, 2010 11:46 PM
Sin_Volvagia

Originally posted by LLLLLink
Actually, Link can merely shield bullets erm

He's not blocking bullets with any shield. He's no Gray Fox.

Originally posted by ScreamPaste

Doesn't need to and been disproven.

Without Magic Armor or Nayru's Love, he's getting penetrated by a bullet whether your fantasy wishes to accept it or not.

sig by ScreamPaste

Old Post Feb 14th, 2010 01:00 AM
Sin_Volvagia is currently offline Click here to Send Sin_Volvagia a Private Message Find more posts by Sin_Volvagia Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

quote:
Without Magic Armor or Nayru's Love, he's getting penetrated by a bullet whether your fantasy wishes to accept it or not.
Been proven false.

quote:
He's not blocking bullets with any shield. He's no Gray Fox.
Real people did this after the advent of the firearm.

Old Post Feb 14th, 2010 01:04 AM
Burning thought
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by ScreamPaste
Been proven false.

Its also been proven that Dante blows a hole through his shield and Links face.

Old Post Feb 14th, 2010 01:11 AM
DarkestSonata
Baby Punter

Dante is by far the faster than Link. It has been said that Dante is a bullet timer but I am not sure that everyone understands what that means.

Lets say Dante had been shot at from 30m away.(that would be generous) If it were a 9mm round than it would be traveling at about 340mps. Thus the bullet would reach Dante in .0882352941s. Blinking, on average, takes .3-.4s, just to put it into perspective. In that time frame, Dante has to respond to where the bullet is GOING to be(if he didn't, he would miss) and then fire his gun to intercept the other bullet.(the bigger the mm, and the shorter the distance, the faster Dante has to respond. I cut this number way down just to be generous.) Also, bullets are so fast they can't even be seen, thus making this feat, more amazing than the whip feat.

btw, why close the thread? Just because a few people are trolling?

Old Post Feb 14th, 2010 01:16 AM
DarkestSonata is currently offline Click here to Send DarkestSonata a Private Message Find more posts by DarkestSonata Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Burning thought
Restricted

Account Restricted

Theres just a "few" people who just keep trolling, flaming and stateing "I proven itz already!" while ignoring arguments and evidence including their own.

Dante is faster than Link assuming there is a whip feat, the fact is theres not therefore he can run rings around Link and his abilities as can Bayonetta.

But this thread has been decided on, Team 2 win with ease, theres no arguments for Team 1 anymore, just persistence.

Old Post Feb 14th, 2010 01:21 AM
LLLLLink
The Juror of Courage

Originally posted by Burning thought
Theres just a "few" people who just keep trolling, flaming and stateing "I proven itz already!" while ignoring arguments and evidence including their own.

Dante is faster than Link assuming there is a whip feat, the fact is theres not therefore he can run rings around Link and his abilities as can Bayonetta.

But this thread has been decided on, Team 2 win with ease, theres no arguments for Team 1 anymore, just persistence.

Hey Captain Tunnel Vision!
You keep ignoring the fact that:

1) Link is hella-invincible here

2)

From what I can see in this, Dante CANNOT break through the shield, therefore Shield > Dante's attacks

Old Post Feb 14th, 2010 03:12 AM
LLLLLink is currently offline Click here to Send LLLLLink a Private Message Find more posts by LLLLLink Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phanteros
the Shade knight

Nice use of game mechanics LLLink but this is Dante with Majin form and at his strongest carnation (DMC 2). also from the look of things in that vid he had no prob manuevering that over that bosses attacks

Old Post Feb 14th, 2010 03:15 AM
Phanteros is currently offline Click here to Send Phanteros a Private Message Find more posts by Phanteros Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LLLLLink
The Juror of Courage

But, he couldn't break through the shield like he is being claimed to.

Dante cant breaks shields + Link's shield doesn't break = Link's shield breaking?

Your logic is broken.

Old Post Feb 14th, 2010 03:23 AM
LLLLLink is currently offline Click here to Send LLLLLink a Private Message Find more posts by LLLLLink Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote