KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Communications » News & Questions » Computer Help Forum » What's a good quality RCA to 3.5mm adapter cable?

What's a good quality RCA to 3.5mm adapter cable?
Started by: FWahMaN

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
FWahMaN
Restricted

Account Restricted

What's a good quality RCA to 3.5mm adapter cable?

I'm looking for a cable adapter that will connect my computer speakers (Computer / Video Games Discussion) to my 26" Sony Bravia TV since recently, I have figured out I cannot connect an hdmi cable from my Xbox to my TV, while having computer speakers connected to my Xbox (darn...). In my other topic which is on this page, I asked if I could connect a VGA and/or composite or component cable to my 360 WHILE having an hdmi cable attached to it. Apparently this is not possible, because the Xbox VGA/Composite/Component cables are too massive to allow room for the hdmi cable. Dumb, I know, because now I'm looking around for an RCA (white and red plugs) to 3.5mm adapter cable (the type of connectors that go into computer speakers) since, my TV simply doesn't have an audio out that is 3.5mm. It has an audio IN for that so you can only attach a source that is 3.5mm like a pc, not speakers.

But, it does have an audio OUT which are RCA (red and white) so I need an adapter that will convert that to 3.5mm, which can go into my computer speakers...

I hope I have this right in my head, as I'm not so much of a sound tech saavy person...

Since this is not HDMI which involves digital signals, I'm guessing analogue is involved and that is why I know there are different qualities when it comes to this kind of cable. Any help is appreciated.

Old Post Jan 27th, 2010 05:55 PM
FWahMaN is currently offline Click here to Send FWahMaN a Private Message Find more posts by FWahMaN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote