KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Role Playing » Unhosted Role Plays » Shadows of Lupuei:: Sign In

Shadows of Lupuei:: Sign In
Started by: Cherrywild

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (16): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
MadMel
Heh

his decision erm

Old Post Jan 29th, 2010 12:30 PM
MadMel is currently offline Click here to Send MadMel a Private Message Find more posts by MadMel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q'Anilia
Exiled Master Jedi

Not sure it is in that case. The rest of the pack give the Omega rank to a wolf that has either done wrong or can not take care of itself. Kiyoshi is a very strong wolf. Wolf pack ranks is a state of mind, not so much a title. You need to act like an Omega wolf to be one.

Old Post Jan 29th, 2010 12:34 PM
Q'Anilia is currently offline Click here to Send Q'Anilia a Private Message Find more posts by Q'Anilia Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MadMel
Heh

eh if you say so, im new to this wolf thingy..

Old Post Jan 29th, 2010 12:36 PM
MadMel is currently offline Click here to Send MadMel a Private Message Find more posts by MadMel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q'Anilia
Exiled Master Jedi

The wolf does not have the same type of intelligence that a human has. We name their ranks Alpha, Beta, Delta, Omega because that is what they are by our definition.

What Alpha, Beta, Delta and Omega actually are, are states of mentality and physical prowess. The Alpha male is Alpha because he has the will and the physical level to be. If another wolf has a larger will and is a better fighter, then that wolf will through one mean or the other take the place of Alpha.

In a wolf pack, you don't earn ranks like you do at work as a human. You don't kiss ass and show your front paws. You take it. If you aren't mentally fit, you will be taken down rapidly, worst case you get a mild case of death. If you aren't physically fit, the same will happen.

So basically, the Omega wolf should be a whimpy loser, injured beyond usefulness or physically inadequate to do what's expected of a wolf. None of the three traits suit Kiyoshi.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to be a ***** or anything. I don't mind a person being the Omega wolf or anything like that, but I think we should respect the ways of the wolf in a wolf roleplay.

Ever seen the movie Eight Below?

Last edited by Q'Anilia on Jan 29th, 2010 at 12:54 PM

Old Post Jan 29th, 2010 12:50 PM
Q'Anilia is currently offline Click here to Send Q'Anilia a Private Message Find more posts by Q'Anilia Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MadMel
Heh

should probably - if it'll help stick out tongue

Old Post Jan 29th, 2010 01:24 PM
Cherrywild
Make me want it.

Ok, to answer some questions...No magic in particular. Now, Aura...the ability to 'sense' would work. And if you changed a bit you could throw that very nicely into an Omega rank. If you 'sensed' a change coming, or danger, or some variance in strength in another wolf. Many of the wolves would look down on that kind of thing - that and your obvious difference in appearence. You can claim your old race, but many delta's will probably mistrust this, another point for omega wink

As for age...we'll call it 1-150. Some of the wolves involved need to have seen their time.

And Cam I'd have loooved that smile

Old Post Jan 29th, 2010 01:27 PM
Cherrywild is currently offline Click here to Send Cherrywild a Private Message Find more posts by Cherrywild Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cherrywild
Make me want it.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Q'Anilia
The wolf does not have the same type of intelligence that a human has. We name their ranks Alpha, Beta, Delta, Omega because that is what they are by our definition.

What Alpha, Beta, Delta and Omega actually are, are states of mentality and physical prowess. The Alpha male is Alpha because he has the will and the physical level to be. If another wolf has a larger will and is a better fighter, then that wolf will through one mean or the other take the place of Alpha.

In a wolf pack, you don't earn ranks like you do at work as a human. You don't kiss ass and show your front paws. You take it. If you aren't mentally fit, you will be taken down rapidly, worst case you get a mild case of death. If you aren't physically fit, the same will happen.

So basically, the Omega wolf should be a whimpy loser, injured beyond usefulness or physically inadequate to do what's expected of a wolf. None of the three traits suit Kiyoshi.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to be a ***** or anything. I don't mind a person being the Omega wolf or anything like that, but I think we should respect the ways of the wolf in a wolf roleplay.

Ever seen the movie Eight Below?
You are fantastic, btw stick out tongue

Old Post Jan 29th, 2010 01:28 PM
Cherrywild is currently offline Click here to Send Cherrywild a Private Message Find more posts by Cherrywild Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cub
You had me at goodbye

This sounds like fun big grin Can I join in?

Old Post Jan 29th, 2010 02:01 PM
Cub is currently offline Click here to Send Cub a Private Message Find more posts by Cub Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cherrywild
Make me want it.

Name:
Micah

Alpha

Breed:
Timber

How you became a part of the pack:
Micah was born into the pack. A strong pup, alpha born she took precedence in being the first of all her litter mates to do anything. Hunt, eat and even sit tedious, silent watch hours, practicing with an older pack mate. Her goals were set and her heart in them with every breath she took. Her later childhood was a time of pain and she saw the fall of many of her siblings. The weather was too much, and the game to little. Micah took the initiative to dig for insects and roots. It was then she caught the eye of a young male. The pack was fairly sized at the time, perhaps twenty five or so, but they had both caught word of each other. When Marrok defeated the alpha of the time and some others who tried to stand him down, his earned the whole of Micah's respect. At that point female after female had been falling over him, but Micah stood her ground, and he saw what he needed from her. The rest is history.

Appearance:
(please log in to view the image)

Last edited by Cherrywild on Jan 29th, 2010 at 02:05 PM

Old Post Jan 29th, 2010 02:03 PM
Cherrywild
Make me want it.

Originally posted by Cub
This sounds like fun big grin Can I join in?
sure thing smile

Old Post Jan 29th, 2010 02:03 PM
Cherrywild
Make me want it.

Name:
Aspen

Delta

Breed:
Timber/Arctic

How you became a part of the pack:
Aspen is the youngest child of Micah and Marrok, and the only one left of a two pup litter. Her only brother was not dead but may well have been. He left the pack when he hit maturity to find, as he called it, something better. The pack scoffed at the idea. Aspen begged him not to go but his decision was made, and though it pained his mother their was truly no more she could do. He was his own wolf.

Aspen has never quite been the same since, but she's a kind soul. She's sweet, young and a tad naive but she's got a strong heart, and gives 100% in her endeavors.

Appearance:
(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Jan 29th, 2010 02:12 PM
Cub
You had me at goodbye

Re: Shadows of Lupuei:: Sign In

Name: Tindra
Breed: Timber Wolf
How you became a part of the pack: Born a loner, Tindra found her way into the pack region and soon into the pack.
Appearance:
http://i790.photobucket.com/albums/...Photos/Wolf.jpg

Old Post Jan 29th, 2010 02:13 PM
Cub is currently offline Click here to Send Cub a Private Message Find more posts by Cub Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q'Anilia
Exiled Master Jedi

Originally posted by MadMel
should probably - if it'll help stick out tongue

It's an amazing movie that show how ranks can shift between members of a pack, how the various members act and how the mentality of wolves is. It also show an alternative style of rank ascending and also shows quite well wolf and wild dog behavior.

In short, it's an amazing movie and especially if you love animals and wolves or dogs in particular.

Last edited by Q'Anilia on Jan 29th, 2010 at 04:21 PM

Old Post Jan 29th, 2010 04:12 PM
Cub
You had me at goodbye

Dont watch it! That movie made me cry sad That trailer almost does the trick by itself stick out tongue

Old Post Jan 29th, 2010 04:30 PM
JacopeX
Restricted

Account Restricted

Hunter's age: 27

The more you question it, the less you will understand.

Last edited by JacopeX on Jan 29th, 2010 at 04:40 PM

Old Post Jan 29th, 2010 04:33 PM
JacopeX is currently offline Click here to Send JacopeX a Private Message Find more posts by JacopeX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Quincy
Debaser

interest is kindled

Sig by Scribble

Old Post Jan 29th, 2010 05:13 PM
Quincy is currently offline Click here to Send Quincy a Private Message Find more posts by Quincy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JohnnyW
Heart of the Red Army

Mal'chick's age: 121

Russia does not want confrontation of any kind. And we will not take part in any kind of "holy alliance".
Vladimir Putin

Old Post Jan 29th, 2010 08:00 PM
JohnnyW is currently offline Click here to Send JohnnyW a Private Message Find more posts by JohnnyW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Striding Cloud

Name: Lucas Drake
Breed: Timber Wolf
How you became a part of the pack: Born Into
Appearance: (please log in to view the image)

One Missed Call!

Thnx Malk! big grin

Old Post Jan 29th, 2010 08:16 PM
Striding Cloud is currently offline Click here to Send Striding Cloud a Private Message Find more posts by Striding Cloud Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hitosu Moriko
The Aura Manipulator

then he is a delta i guess

~Decretum~

Old Post Jan 29th, 2010 09:33 PM
Hitosu Moriko is currently offline Click here to Send Hitosu Moriko a Private Message Find more posts by Hitosu Moriko Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q'Anilia
Exiled Master Jedi

Originally posted by Leytenánt Book
Mal'chick's age: 121

In his dying years then?

Old Post Jan 29th, 2010 09:53 PM