KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Role Playing » Star Wars: Role Playing » STAR WARS: RETROSPECTION- Thief

STAR WARS: RETROSPECTION- Thief
Started by: REXXXX

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (15): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
REXXXX
Networking

Not many casual cantinas in this part of town- most establishments are government buildings or upscale restaurants or clubs. You did eye a few cantinas from the trolley as you left the starport station, however, so you head back in that direction.

The first one you come across is called "The Tarnished Coin." Being in Harnaidan, the exterior is clean and matches the architecture. Your senses tell you that this is what you are looking for, and the mangy patrons hanging about the entrance confirm it.

Old Post Feb 4th, 2010 07:36 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
magicturtle
Turtle Overlord

I'd like to pay the taxi and continue into the cantina.

Godzilla is my bro, watch out....

Old Post Feb 4th, 2010 10:56 PM
magicturtle is currently offline Click here to Send magicturtle a Private Message Find more posts by magicturtle Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

You receive some unpleasant glares from the patrons at the door as you walk into the cantina. You sense their curiosity keenly.

The cantina's interior breaks with the architectural style of its exterior, stepping away from the majestic column structures to a more practical setting. The main floor around the bar is a rectangular area with tattered wallpapering and a variety of photos and everyday knick-knacks hung up on the wall.

Nobody stops to look when you come in; it appears to be Happy Hour.

Old Post Feb 5th, 2010 12:01 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
magicturtle
Turtle Overlord

I'd like to walk up to the bar and order a drink and look around to try and find where the illegal dealings go on around here.

Old Post Feb 5th, 2010 01:26 AM
magicturtle is currently offline Click here to Send magicturtle a Private Message Find more posts by magicturtle Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

The Bartender is one of the scruffy types, with a thick moustache, who sighs audibly when you order then shuffles off to get it.

Any way you would like to narrow things down? What specifically are you looking for, and do you have anything that can help you find it?

Old Post Feb 5th, 2010 05:24 AM
magicturtle
Turtle Overlord

nvm, I'll just ask the bartender when he gets my drink, who i should keep away from.

Old Post Feb 5th, 2010 03:12 PM
REXXXX
Networking

"I just serve drinks," he grumpily states.

Old Post Feb 5th, 2010 09:36 PM
magicturtle
Turtle Overlord

"Ok, then" I'd like to use perception to find the criminals, if any, in the cantina

Old Post Feb 5th, 2010 11:17 PM
REXXXX
Networking

What kind of criminals are you looking for? Such a thing is hard to determine on sight alone. You, after all, are a criminal, but you do not look it.

Old Post Feb 5th, 2010 11:23 PM
magicturtle
Turtle Overlord

Ok... I'd like to shove the guy sitting next to me on purpose

Old Post Feb 6th, 2010 02:11 AM
REXXXX
Networking

You do so! The guy you shove happens to be a Dug, who then angrily starts cursing in Huttese and threatening you with his feet-fists.

Old Post Feb 6th, 2010 05:47 AM
magicturtle
Turtle Overlord

I'd like to shove him again and tell him to bug off

Old Post Feb 7th, 2010 11:21 PM
REXXXX
Networking

"You lookin' for a fight, bub?" one of the Dug's friends asks. In fact, that Dug has quite a few friends here...

Old Post Feb 7th, 2010 11:52 PM
magicturtle
Turtle Overlord

"I dunno!, am I?" i say sarcastically while glancing around to look for anyone trying to conceal their identity.

Old Post Feb 8th, 2010 03:20 PM
REXXXX
Networking

Mostly you are getting aggravated glares or glances from people looking to watch a bar fight. Starting a fight isn't exactly the best way to find whoever you are looking for- a social approach would have been more appropriate.

"Looks like it, boyo," the man says. "Leave now or I'm going to make you bite the bar."

He means it, Haron. Either you are going to need to resolve this or you will have to put up a fight...

Old Post Feb 8th, 2010 09:34 PM
magicturtle
Turtle Overlord

"ok... ok.... i'll leave, ok? just let me explain... see, i just got dumped by my girlfriend and im having a really bad day... can i just sulk for a while longer?" I lie to him.

Old Post Feb 10th, 2010 02:51 AM
REXXXX
Networking

Haron goes for a Lying route to get himself out of the trouble he has gotten himself into. That's Charisma + Lying for a total of six dice to roll toward this... but you get +3 dice from the power Presence! Nine dice all told. Three dice is more than enough for your response to be convincing.

"Yeah, yeah, whatever," the guy says, backing down. "Just don't make your crappy life everyone else's problem..."

Fight averted! Perhaps not quite the route you should have gone, though. What kind of person are you trying to find?

Old Post Feb 10th, 2010 09:01 AM
magicturtle
Turtle Overlord

i dunno... ok, im gonna leave the bar and go to the bank itself, but not enter it, just stand across the street looking at it

Old Post Feb 10th, 2010 01:33 PM
REXXXX
Networking

Returning to the business district, then.

As mentioned, the Central Bank of Muunilinst is much smaller than the surrounding buildings, constantly in the shadow of one kilometer-tall tower or another. The front is not unlike the Lincoln Memorial, with a wide flight of steps leading up to its front, which is lined with Ionic columns.

You notice something, though. There are small groups of battle droids making patrols about the front entrance, the Federation kind seen in the films.

Old Post Feb 10th, 2010 06:39 PM
magicturtle
Turtle Overlord

interesting... how much floors does teh bank approximately have, and how many does the buildings on both sides approximately have

Old Post Feb 10th, 2010 11:41 PM