KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Role Playing » Star Wars: Role Playing » STAR WARS: RETROSPECTION- Thief

STAR WARS: RETROSPECTION- Thief
Started by: REXXXX

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (15): « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
REXXXX
Networking

Just before you leave the bank, you feel strongly compelled to stay. For a moment, you are unsure why... but then it is made apparent.

The front door of the bank opens with a quiet swish. Through it walks a man, flanked by two of those Mark II battle droids. Judging by his uniform, a black outfit marked with a yellow stripe across the breast, he must be security. He looks... soft. And pudgy.

Your instincts wanted you to see him.

Old Post Mar 12th, 2010 11:02 PM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
magicturtle
Turtle Overlord

can, i quietly follow him and see where he is going?

Godzilla is my bro, watch out....

Old Post Mar 14th, 2010 11:36 PM
magicturtle is currently offline Click here to Send magicturtle a Private Message Find more posts by magicturtle Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

He is just standing around out in front of the Central Bank right now. He seems to be inspecting the battle droids.

Old Post Mar 14th, 2010 11:56 PM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
magicturtle
Turtle Overlord

What battle droids?What is he doing to them?

Old Post Mar 15th, 2010 12:16 AM
magicturtle is currently offline Click here to Send magicturtle a Private Message Find more posts by magicturtle Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

The ones patrolling the front door. He is just looking. Probably making sure everything is running smoothly.

Old Post Mar 15th, 2010 12:24 AM
magicturtle
Turtle Overlord

ok, i'd like to go note the time and head back to my hotel room

Old Post Mar 17th, 2010 12:21 AM
REXXXX
Networking

It is early morning. He returns inside later.

The best news you have received from this observation is that someone fleshy and human is in charge of the battle droids. It is impossible for you to use your Mind Tricks on droids- they do not have minds to trick- but a human... that has possibilities.

Shall we move on to the second day? You have gotten some decent information, but you will need more if you are going to break into that vault.

Old Post Mar 17th, 2010 12:55 AM
magicturtle
Turtle Overlord

yea, and in the morning i'd like to first ask my droid if he can make it so nobody can see what im searching on the computer, just in case local police are covering the web, and find just how the Mark II droid is made

Old Post Mar 18th, 2010 12:28 AM
REXXXX
Networking

Smart thinking. X12 is very handy for computer-based activities. He renders your searches untraceable.

You research your enemy and get some general information about the droids that you are going up against here. Whereas battle droids are generally quite flimsy and must be equipped with blaster rifles, these Mark II battle droids are bulkier and have blasters built into their arms. They are no more independent, though; both models rely on a signal to command them. If the signal is cut, they shut down.

As far as gameplay rules are concerned:

Battle droids are Mooks with Guns pools of 5 dice.

Super battle droids are Mooks with Guns pools of 6 dice and an Armor rating of 1.

Mooks are generally easy targets, meant to be lined up and knocked down by the pluck protagonists- in this case, that would be you! Mooks require three successes to kill, and that is raised by one for every point of Armor a mook has.

However, Lightsabers make short work of them! They have a base damage of 6*, meaning they have a Mook Killing Power, meaing you only need to two successes to kill a Mook. They also ignore Armor, meaning that you only need two successes (rather than four) to kill a Mark II.

Does that all make sense?

Old Post Mar 18th, 2010 12:42 AM
magicturtle
Turtle Overlord

are there any special designs modifications that i need to know about the Mark II? And i understand the dice system for mooks now.

Old Post Mar 18th, 2010 02:25 AM
REXXXX
Networking

Merely the increase in Armor and the built-in arm blasters. These are the Super Battle Droids we see in Attack of the Clones, for the record.

Old Post Mar 18th, 2010 04:06 AM
magicturtle
Turtle Overlord

Ok, thanks. I'd like to go to a hair cuttery place, and get my hair trimmed to look profesional.

Old Post Mar 18th, 2010 11:31 PM
REXXXX
Networking

Consider Haron tidied up and looking dashing! What are Haron's plans for the day, as far as gathering more information and setting up his way out of the bank and off of Muunilinst?

Old Post Mar 19th, 2010 08:02 AM
magicturtle
Turtle Overlord

just clarifying, this Mark II droid isn't this droid is it?
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Assault_droid_Mark_II

Old Post Mar 21st, 2010 11:40 PM
REXXXX
Networking

I think you'll find they are a tad more familiar than that.

Super Battle Droid

Old Post Mar 21st, 2010 11:44 PM
magicturtle
Turtle Overlord

Ah, ok. I'd like to see if i can aquire any information about a signal jammer, any hints?

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2010 12:54 AM
REXXXX
Networking

The only way to stop that signal is to destroy the transmitter or the receiver- the controller or the droid itself. The Federation has seen to it that it is impossible to jam the signal (otherwise they would have done it in the films!).

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2010 06:50 AM
magicturtle
Turtle Overlord

Ok, i'd like to go to a store (any store i dont really care, its not important) and buy some engineery looking clothes, rubber boots, goggles, a hard hat, tool belt and tools (wrenches, hammers). then head to the city archives, for a document of a map of the sewer system (wearing my fancy clothes)

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2010 08:14 PM
REXXXX
Networking

You think the clothes might be overdoing it- checking the sewer schematics in casual clothes will do. In which case, it is a task that takes little time. A helpful droid directs you to the sewer schematics as they are readily available to the public.

You are aggravated to find that sections of the sewers have been removed from the map, at the behest of the Central Bank.

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2010 08:18 PM
magicturtle
Turtle Overlord

agh... lol, stupid bankers :P
ok, what is the building to the direct right of the bank? and the left?

Old Post Mar 24th, 2010 03:06 AM