KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode IV, V & VI » Where is Boba's Mandalorian Skull?

Where is Boba's Mandalorian Skull?
Started by: Anakin_the_Hutt

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Anakin_the_Hutt
Jedi Master

Where is Boba's Mandalorian Skull?

In A New Hope (Special Edition), after Jabba threatens Solo, we see Boba Fett - except he's missing his infamous skull insignia on his left shoulder pad.

Does anybody know if this was a movie goof or was there a reason they intentionally left it out? If they stuck him in there solely for fan-service, why neglect a major part of the costume?

Old Post Feb 4th, 2010 07:46 AM
Click here to Send Anakin_the_Hutt a Private Message Find more posts by Anakin_the_Hutt Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

I think he was CGI there.

Old Post Feb 5th, 2010 08:20 PM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

Re: Where is Boba's Mandalorian Skull?

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Anakin_the_Hutt
In A New Hope (Special Edition), after Jabba threatens Solo, we see Boba Fett - except he's missing his infamous skull insignia on his left shoulder pad.

Does anybody know if this was a movie goof or was there a reason they intentionally left it out? If they stuck him in there solely for fan-service, why neglect a major part of the costume?

Gee - maybe he just got it back from the cleaners, and it got scrubbed off.

Seriously - Who Gives A F***?

Isn't Mom's basement starting to feel claustrophobic by now? roll eyes (sarcastic)

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Last edited by roughrider on Feb 6th, 2010 at 03:07 AM

Old Post Feb 6th, 2010 02:59 AM
Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Anakin_the_Hutt
Jedi Master

Naw, it was a guy in a suit.

I've looked it up...Boba was played by some dude named Mark Austin in the SE.

Old Post Feb 6th, 2010 06:53 AM
Click here to Send Anakin_the_Hutt a Private Message Find more posts by Anakin_the_Hutt Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Ah, okay.

Old Post Feb 6th, 2010 11:20 AM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

You know, I read one critic who thought George Lucas was being too anal retentive with the Special Edition DVD's, using photoshop to correct the shots where the Imperial Officers mistakenly have their insignias on the wrong side of their chests.
Oh, but he doesn't know HOW retentive Star Wars fans are...no, sir...

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Feb 7th, 2010 05:37 AM
Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Anakin_the_Hutt
Jedi Master

That's pretty much my point.

With all the corrections made, why leave out his infamous skull?

Boba Fett, being a fan-favorite, seems to be more of a cause of NERD RAGE than a flipped Imperial insignia.

MAYBE there was a reason given. MAYBE someone out there knows what that reason is. Maybe there isn't a reason. Don't know 'till you ask.

I think it's a valid post, I don't see how the post can be aggravating.

Speaking of retentive, I got someone here on the verge of Nerd Rage with just a post! Guess who!

Old Post Feb 7th, 2010 09:03 PM
queeq
Chaos

Maybe Boba hadn't earned his skull yet by the time of ANH.

Old Post Feb 8th, 2010 07:48 AM
overlord
OD'd

quote: (post)
Originally posted by roughrider
You know, I read one critic who thought George Lucas was being too anal retentive with the Special Edition DVD's, using photoshop to correct the shots where the Imperial Officers mistakenly have their insignias on the wrong side of their chests.
Oh, but he doesn't know HOW retentive Star Wars fans are...no, sir...
lol

backwards, forwards, backwards, forwards

Old Post Feb 8th, 2010 01:48 PM
Click here to Send overlord a Private Message Find more posts by overlord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

He's right though.

Old Post Feb 9th, 2010 09:53 AM
overlord
OD'd

I don't have an opinion :P

so I believe you =)

backwards, forwards, backwards, forwards

Old Post Feb 9th, 2010 11:38 AM
Click here to Send overlord a Private Message Find more posts by overlord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Good boy.

Old Post Feb 12th, 2010 08:54 AM
Anakin_the_Hutt
Jedi Master

I guess that was Baby Fett, before his "war paint".

Old Post Feb 17th, 2010 04:16 PM