KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » DVD Talk » Avatar Dvd/Bluray

Started by: coolmovies

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
T.M
Welcome to The Suck

I doubt the 3D BD will come with the glasses.

There has been no information released about the 3D version as far as I know. Cameron said it would be released around November but the studio said that it wont be.

LINK

Old Post Mar 19th, 2010 04:48 PM
T.M is currently offline Click here to Send T.M a Private Message Find more posts by T.M Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Saskaswan
DON'T PANIC

Looks like I'll just get the Blu-Ray 2D release. I only want it for the extras anyway.

Old Post Mar 19th, 2010 05:29 PM
Saskaswan is currently offline Click here to Send Saskaswan a Private Message Find more posts by Saskaswan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
T.M
Welcome to The Suck

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Saskaswan
Looks like I'll just get the Blu-Ray 2D release. I only want it for the extras anyway.

Then you may be disappointed the Blu Ray is apparently going to be bare bones.

Old Post Mar 19th, 2010 06:12 PM
T.M is currently offline Click here to Send T.M a Private Message Find more posts by T.M Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Saskaswan
DON'T PANIC

Originally posted by T.M
Then you may be disappointed the Blu Ray is apparently going to be bare bones.

What?
I really hope your wrong, why would they not include extras on a Blu Ray, can i get a source?

Old Post Mar 19th, 2010 09:38 PM
Saskaswan is currently offline Click here to Send Saskaswan a Private Message Find more posts by Saskaswan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
T.M
Welcome to The Suck

Sure.. try the link I posted earlier.

Old Post Mar 19th, 2010 10:07 PM
Saskaswan
DON'T PANIC

Originally posted by T.M
Sure.. try the link I posted earlier.

I really hope not.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2010 12:02 AM
Darth Martin

So, to be clear, the release for the DVD coming out this week is a bare bones with just the film?

Is the big release in November just stricly a Blu-ray? Or is it a DVD as well?

Depending on the special features involved, I might just get the bare bones disc.

Old Post Apr 18th, 2010 08:01 PM
Darth Martin is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Martin a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Martin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by Darth Martin
So, to be clear, the release for the DVD coming out this week is a bare bones with just the film?

Is the big release in November just stricly a Blu-ray? Or is it a DVD as well?

Depending on the special features involved, I might just get the bare bones disc.

I will be buying a copy and the perhaps a spec. ed dvd when that comes out

Thanks Steve... The Darkside of the force...

Old Post Apr 21st, 2010 04:38 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
coolmovies

20th Century Fox Home Entertainment has announced that the Blu-ray edition of James Cameron's Avatar had sold 2.7 million units by Sunday afternoon, thus surpassing in four days the lifetime sales of the previous top-selling Blu-ray, The Dark Knight, which took over a year to sell 2.5 million units. Overall, Avatar has sold 6.7 million copies on packaged media.

Old Post Apr 26th, 2010 01:12 PM
coolmovies is currently offline Click here to Send coolmovies a Private Message Find more posts by coolmovies Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession

So far, it's sold more on DVD in America. The DVD quality after seeing the AMAZING blu ray edition is very very disappointing, people need to leave the dvd alone unless they have an upscaling player to get the best out of this film.

I watched it last week and the visuals on blu ray are stunning.

Old Post Apr 26th, 2010 04:41 PM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
T.M
Welcome to The Suck

I got the Blu Ray/DVD combo on the weekend (with the free t-shirt roll eyes (sarcastic) ) looking forward to seeing how the 2D Blu ray compares to the 3D version.

Old Post Apr 26th, 2010 04:57 PM
MildPossession

I got that t-shirt as well lol, it's staying in the bag set, it's not avaliable now with the blu ray.

Old Post Apr 26th, 2010 05:01 PM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
T.M
Welcome to The Suck

I took it out to have a look at it, its in my wardrobe now where I think it will stay. I noticed that they were sold out from the site I ordered it from.

Last edited by T.M on Apr 26th, 2010 at 05:29 PM

Old Post Apr 26th, 2010 05:26 PM
coolmovies

That set with art cards and T shirt cost £24.99 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! No wait its gone up too £69.99 on play.com

Old Post Apr 26th, 2010 06:28 PM
coolmovies is currently offline Click here to Send coolmovies a Private Message Find more posts by coolmovies Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
T.M
Welcome to The Suck

Wow £69.99..

Looks like I bought it at the right time. So its £69.99 and you don't even get the T-Shirt.

Old Post Apr 26th, 2010 06:57 PM
coolmovies

But wait !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Aside from the film itself, the only things on the disc are the menu, the requisite FBI piracy warning screen, and a brief—but very cool—promo for THX that only plays after the end credits. The 4-disc "Ultimate Edition" of the film will hit stores in November, and will include a two-hour making-of documentary, deleted scenes, and other goodies. Of course, this is all before the inevitable 3D release a little further down the line.

Old Post Apr 26th, 2010 07:13 PM
T.M
Welcome to The Suck

I won't be getting the 3D version, or the ultimate version. I don't really care for the features. This Steelbook Blu ray/DVD combo is fine for me.

That being said I would never have bought it if it was going to cost me £70.

Old Post Apr 26th, 2010 07:26 PM
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

The picture on this blu ray is amazing. Almost distractingly good.

Old Post Apr 26th, 2010 10:04 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession

£69.99!! that went out of print fast!! £24 is nothing now lol. Bargin.

Old Post Apr 26th, 2010 10:21 PM
Scythe
The Goat

Bought the BR/DVD combo, it's so sweet on BR, I love it.

Old Post Apr 27th, 2010 07:12 AM
Scythe is currently offline Click here to Send Scythe a Private Message Find more posts by Scythe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote