KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » DVD Talk » Avatar Dvd/Bluray

Started by: coolmovies

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
coolmovies

consumers are being told that Blu-ray is the only way to watch James Cameron's blockbuster on a small screen

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-e...on-1955127.html

Old Post Apr 27th, 2010 02:03 PM
coolmovies is currently offline Click here to Send coolmovies a Private Message Find more posts by coolmovies Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
T.M
Welcome to The Suck

I just watched the Blu Ray and the picture quality is amazing, I think it is the best quality BD picture I have seen.

Old Post Apr 27th, 2010 03:22 PM
T.M is currently offline Click here to Send T.M a Private Message Find more posts by T.M Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession

All those silly people getting to shops early to queue to buy the blu ray! order online if you can, I got mine through the post nearly a week before the release date here in Britain.

stick out tongue

Old Post Apr 27th, 2010 04:41 PM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
T.M
Welcome to The Suck

Really? wow thats early. I got mine on Saturday so 2 days before release.

Old Post Apr 27th, 2010 04:57 PM
T.M is currently offline Click here to Send T.M a Private Message Find more posts by T.M Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
coolmovies

I gave in and orderd the combe pack i cant wait eek!

Old Post Apr 28th, 2010 01:30 PM
coolmovies is currently offline Click here to Send coolmovies a Private Message Find more posts by coolmovies Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji

And theres no extra's on the dvd and blue-ray

they had their reasons for it.

Old Post Apr 28th, 2010 01:59 PM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession

Yep, they were straight forward in telling us of no extras on BLU-ray, so I don't see the problem.

Old Post Apr 28th, 2010 02:07 PM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
T.M
Welcome to The Suck

Well I read somewhere that the reason for the Blu-Ray was to have enough space for the best possible transfer of the movie, so to get the best quality picture and audio they could.

The DVD I have no idea why they couldn't put a few extras on though.

Old Post Apr 28th, 2010 02:08 PM
queeq
Chaos

It's extremely crisp. I was afraid it would look like crap on the small screen, as do the commercials on tv. But on Blu Ray it's very nice. And this is coming from a guy who watched Avatar in 3D in IMAX.

Old Post May 1st, 2010 01:42 PM
queeq is currently offline Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji

So has anyone watched the dvd version yet?

Old Post May 1st, 2010 01:56 PM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession

Nope, I'm not wasting my time watching a terrible inferior version when I have the blu ray. I put the dvd in to see and it's like VHS quality compared.

Old Post May 1st, 2010 02:09 PM
queeq
Chaos

HEhehe... indeed. Although I must say some DVD's look great in a Blu Ray player.

Old Post May 1st, 2010 02:30 PM
queeq is currently offline Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession

Oh yes they do, dvds are upscaled in a blu ray so the quality is closer to blu ray quality, but in a non upscaling dvd player, it looks awful.

Old Post May 1st, 2010 03:30 PM
queeq
Chaos

There ya go.

Old Post May 1st, 2010 06:02 PM
MildPossession

I wasn't saying all dvds look bad by the way.

Old Post May 1st, 2010 08:16 PM
Impediment
Relentless

LIAR!

stick out tongue

"We are not children of celestial f*ckin' light, walkin' arm-in-arm into the Age of Aquarius. We are wankers who
wreck the planet an' piss on each other, 'til half the world's starvin' an' the other half's busy findin'
new ways to keep from noticin' it. That's the f*ckin' limit've our potential, believe me."

Old Post May 1st, 2010 10:06 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji

quote: (post)
Originally posted by MildPossession
Nope, I'm not wasting my time watching a terrible inferior version when I have the blu ray. I put the dvd in to see and it's like VHS quality compared.

Yeah well not everyone has a Blu-ray player............

Old Post May 2nd, 2010 07:23 AM
Scythe
The Goat

I have watched the DVD that came in the combo pack. It looked alright, like any other dvd. At times it looked a little fuzzy, but nothing too bad. I enjoyed it.

Old Post May 2nd, 2010 09:49 AM
Scythe is currently offline Click here to Send Scythe a Private Message Find more posts by Scythe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession

quote:
Yeah well not everyone has a Blu-ray player............

I was answering your question about what I thought, anyone else wants to watch it on dvd, fair enough.

Old Post May 2nd, 2010 02:26 PM
FistOfThe North

picked this up. the blu ray/dvd combo. i compared the 2 on my pc since it has a dvd rom and a sony blu ray rom. there is a noticable differece but not by a a huge margin. the dvd version seemed a bit lighter and fuzzier but man the blu ray version was so hi def it wasn't funny.

I watched the blu ray on my "46 sony bravia via hdmi and i'll have to say that film the looked better than when i saw it on imax. it's the best looking blu ray film i've ever seen. i don't think films can get more high def or more "blu ray" looking than avatar. my tv's @ 60hrtz though. my friends "46 bravia runs @ 120 hrtz so i wanna see what it looks like on his tv. must look spectacular.

it's probably one of the reasons why it's the best selling blu ray of all time, dethroning , the dark knight. it sold in a week what did what dark knight did in a year, if i remember correctly.

avatar's the type of blu ray that can be turned on and left on merely for the crisp beauty of it. i have the nice 5.1 surr. snd set up that enhanced it all as well.

9/10 on thae blu ray only because they should've included 3d. I'll be getting that version as well.

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post May 4th, 2010 12:51 PM
FistOfThe North is currently offline Click here to Send FistOfThe North a Private Message Find more posts by FistOfThe North Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote