KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Sci-Fi / Fantasy » Mad Max: Fury Road

Mad Max: Fury Road
Started by: Tired-Hiker

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
roughrider
Thunderer

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Robtard
Pretty sure it's a reboot.

Unless maybe they decide to take a cue from Brian Singer with that he did with Superman Returns and it's an alt story-line set after The Road Warrior/Mad Max 2.

It's supposed to take place after the events of Beyond Thuderdome; not too long after.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Jan 4th, 2013 08:04 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Even Mel Gibson isn't listed as one of the cast for this movie.

Old Post Jan 5th, 2013 01:53 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2014 06:53 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

Originally posted by Kazenji
New photo of Tom Hardy in the link

http://www.joblo.com/movie-news/new...le-plot-details

So now according to that link, the story will now take place before The Road Warrior, not after Beyond Thunderdome as had long been reported.

The first shot of Hardy, he looks scruffy enough, but I don't see a strong Mel Gibson resemblance.

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2014 05:17 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Too bad, was hoping they'd just do a reboot and start fresh, so they're not tied down to any set lore from the previous 3 films.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2014 05:41 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Esau Cairn
Contagious

Originally posted by roughrider
So now according to that link, the story will now take place before The Road Warrior, not after Beyond Thunderdome as had long been reported.

To be fair, even the article questions the source & validity of the plot leak.

Old Post Mar 25th, 2014 02:16 AM
Esau Cairn is currently offline Click here to Send Esau Cairn a Private Message Find more posts by Esau Cairn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

The biggest problem is that this wrapped shooting in 2012. Something must be seriously wrong with the footage they've seen.

Old Post Mar 25th, 2014 05:47 PM
Esau Cairn
Contagious

Where did you hear it finished shooting 2 years ago?

I know filming was plagued with location hassles....freak heavy rains had turned dry arid areas (Broken Hill/Australia & then Africa) into lush green fields so filming was very staggered.

Old Post Mar 27th, 2014 04:45 AM
Esau Cairn is currently offline Click here to Send Esau Cairn a Private Message Find more posts by Esau Cairn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

Originally posted by Esau Cairn
Where did you hear it finished shooting 2 years ago?

I know filming was plagued with location hassles....freak heavy rains had turned dry arid areas (Broken Hill/Australia & then Africa) into lush green fields so filming was very staggered.

It says here, filming wrapped in November 2012. Then they did re-shoots last year.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mad_Max:_Fury_Road

Old Post Mar 27th, 2014 08:12 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Seems like 2.5 years of "fixing", wtf.

Old Post Mar 28th, 2014 11:01 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
starmovie
Free Movie

I still need to see parts II and III. They look fun, though... so I'll try to get on that. :

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2014 11:57 AM
starmovie is currently offline Click here to Send starmovie a Private Message Find more posts by starmovie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
starmovie
Free Movie

I know this movie will be released in May 2015
when there is the trailer or full I will share to you

Old Post Apr 9th, 2014 09:58 AM
starmovie is currently offline Click here to Send starmovie a Private Message Find more posts by starmovie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wilco

Re: Mad Max: Fury Road

Originally posted by Tired-Hiker
I read an article that Mel Gibson will not be in Fury Road, the sequal to Beyond Thunderdome. Gibson said his appearance in the film would be "cheesy." I guess he's right, being that Fury Road will take place about three years after Thunderdome. The good news is that George Miller will be directing. He directed the other three Mad Max films.

Looks like a bunch of no namers will be in it. Tom Hardy will play Max Rockatansky. I found a picture on the net of a car that will be in the film. The flat bed truck with the huge engine is off the hook. I can't wait to see that in action. Sounds like there will be a heavy mix of CG and live action, much like Avatar. I'm looking forward to see a trailer or some new production pics.

(please log in to view the image)

Anyway, Mad Max: Fury Road has a release date for 2011.

Mad Max set up Mel Gibson....swear to God - mad Mel will get that laughing Fire and brimstone and sh*t laughing rolling on floor laughing

l and ll are the best, eventhough Tina Turner was in it. She would understand with Ike Turner for sure laughing

She was the promotional logo will Rubgy League in the 80's 90's for about 6 years....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8GjRmW1at0

I will watch it because of her

Old Post Apr 9th, 2014 01:53 PM
wilco is currently offline Click here to Send wilco a Private Message Find more posts by wilco Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wilco

Re: Re: Mad Max: Fury Road

Originally posted by wilco
Mad Max set up Mel Gibson....swear to God - mad Mel will get that laughing Fire and brimstone and sh*t laughing rolling on floor laughing

l and ll are the best, eventhough Tina Turner was in it. She would understand with Ike Turner for sure laughing

She was the promotional logo will Rubgy League in the 80's 90's for about 6 years....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8GjRmW1at0

I will watch it because of her

3 Thunderdome lll, not ll

Old Post Apr 9th, 2014 01:55 PM
wilco is currently offline Click here to Send wilco a Private Message Find more posts by wilco Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Old Post May 2nd, 2014 07:02 AM
roughrider
Thunderer

Originally posted by Kazenji
First impressions of the movie

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansi...e/news/?a=99199

So if the film is so great, why isn't it out?

Suspect opinion, I think.

Old Post May 3rd, 2014 05:50 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

New images

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansi.../news/?a=103939

Old Post Jul 21st, 2014 08:36 AM
Bella 101

I have to say this movie is one l want to see and as we know it doesn't come out till 2015 so still a while to wait I would like to see the trailer to and how this story will unfold with Tom Hardy taking over the lead character from Mel Gibson will be interesting as Mel made this film kind of like a icon in Aus So as l said l will say more when the movie come out smile

Old Post Jul 24th, 2014 03:36 PM
Bella 101 is currently offline Click here to Send Bella 101 a Private Message Find more posts by Bella 101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
marwash22
HELL YEAH.

Old Post Jul 27th, 2014 09:40 PM
marwash22 is currently offline Click here to Send marwash22 a Private Message Find more posts by marwash22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Loved the intro with the original Ford Falcon coupe that Max had in the first two films, made me sad to see the car destroyed once again.

So is it a reboot then? Last I heard they dropped the reboot idea and were going with a continuation.

Old Post Jul 28th, 2014 05:43 PM