KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Transformers » Who would've won G1 Megatron or Optimus (movie)?

Who'd win in battle, G1 Megatron or Optimus Prime (movie)?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
G1 Megatron 8 57.14%
(movie) Optimus Prime 6 42.86%
Total: 14 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Who would've won G1 Megatron or Optimus (movie)?
Started by: lordmegatron1

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
lordmegatron1
Bringer of chaos

Question Who would've won G1 Megatron or Optimus (movie)?

So what is your take on this? Take in mind that G1 Megatron was twice as cunning and as violent as his "other" in the 2008 movie.

Old Post Feb 7th, 2010 04:58 PM
lordmegatron1 is currently offline Click here to Send lordmegatron1 a Private Message Find more posts by lordmegatron1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darkstorm Zero
Master of all Decepticons

Yes, BUT, we then see in ROTF, Optimus basically kicking the shit out of Megs and 3 other decepticons for a good 5 minutes before being "finally" blindsided.

A few days later Prime os revived and esentially solos The Fallen (Meg's master), and in the process, rips half of Megatro's face off, and tears Starscream's wings off for good measure.

"I have become Death, the destroyer of worlds..."

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2010 09:13 AM
Darkstorm Zero is currently offline Click here to Send Darkstorm Zero a Private Message Find more posts by Darkstorm Zero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gojira

Optimus since G1 transformers aren't very durable.

Old Post Mar 29th, 2010 05:14 PM
Gojira is currently offline Click here to Send Gojira a Private Message Find more posts by Gojira Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darkstorm Zero

I dispute that.

The G1 Formers where FAR more durable than any others sort of perhaps Energon.

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2010 11:17 AM
Darkstorm Zero is currently offline Click here to Send Darkstorm Zero a Private Message Find more posts by Darkstorm Zero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Darkstorm Zero
I dispute that.

The G1 Formers where FAR more durable than any others sort of perhaps Energon.

I know they just did it to get some characters killed off to make room for a new generation, but in the original TF movie.

Optimus got swiped with an energy sword, then stabbed by a rock, and shot, he died. During that fight, all he did was land punches and uppercuts on Megatron, who fell a few stories after Optimus' final hit. He was nearly dead.

When the Decepticons took over the Autobot ship, they killed Brawn(one of the strongest/most durable Autobots) with one shot. THey also took down Prowl and Ironhide without much effort.

G1 TF's weren't all that durable......Let me rephrase that.

G1 TF's are very durable, or not durable at all, depending on the episode, and what the writer needs.

Old Post Apr 5th, 2010 11:03 PM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

Originally posted by Darkstorm Zero
Yes, BUT, we then see in ROTF, Optimus basically kicking the shit out of Megs and 3 other decepticons for a good 5 minutes before being "finally" blindsided.

A few days later Prime os revived and esentially solos The Fallen (Meg's master), and in the process, rips half of Megatro's face off, and tears Starscream's wings off for good measure.

Optimus would've won their first fight if he wasn't so busy trying to keep Megatron from killing Sam or hurting innocent people. He always has been better than Megatron, which is why he always has to cheat to get ahead.

Old Post Apr 5th, 2010 11:04 PM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lordmegatron1
Bringer of chaos

For once I'd like to know what so many people have against villains. May be some of us would like to destroy humanity but the others want to help it by killing goody-two-shoes like the heroes so that humanity can have more discipline in their lives. some of us do it for the thrill, like Carnage.

Old Post Apr 9th, 2010 03:07 AM
lordmegatron1 is currently offline Click here to Send lordmegatron1 a Private Message Find more posts by lordmegatron1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr. Rhythmic

At his best? G1 Megatron.

Old Post Apr 19th, 2010 09:17 PM
Mr. Rhythmic is currently offline Click here to Send Mr. Rhythmic a Private Message Find more posts by Mr. Rhythmic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darkstorm Zero

Originally posted by KingD19
I know they just did it to get some characters killed off to make room for a new generation, but in the original TF movie.

Optimus got swiped with an energy sword, then stabbed by a rock, and shot, he died. During that fight, all he did was land punches and uppercuts on Megatron, who fell a few stories after Optimus' final hit. He was nearly dead.

When the Decepticons took over the Autobot ship, they killed Brawn(one of the strongest/most durable Autobots) with one shot. THey also took down Prowl and Ironhide without much effort.

G1 TF's weren't all that durable......Let me rephrase that.

G1 TF's are very durable, or not durable at all, depending on the episode, and what the writer needs.

Yes, alot of PIS and CIS was used and broadens basically every inconsistency in the show to unbeleivable levels.

We have seen Optimus basically dissasembled by Hook, but still survives somehow. He've seen him on an operating table with no front armour, and he still tanks a direct hit from Laserbeak to exposed vital areas, and remain functional enough to keep talking after his insides exploded.

Megs survived a nearly point blank anti-matter explosion with nothing but some surface cracks. We see Megs survive a cargo ship full of energon exploding with him on board, with enough force to push Cybertron out of a solar system....

yeah, going by the episodes, I think G1 is plenty durable enough to withstand quite a bit. Temper this with the low end durability (as you pointed out) and they still shit on almost any other TF series by at least an order of magnitude.

Old Post Apr 20th, 2010 09:42 AM
lordmegatron1
Bringer of chaos

Something drives me to saying that I agree with you darkstorm, but I can't let my sentimental side break through. It'll leave a bad impression on the symbiotes and the boys. Not that Carnage requires it, he's already taken over the body of the human. All that's left is for him to battle the soul. But that's a bit off-topic.

Old Post May 18th, 2010 02:08 AM
gygan
Restricted

Account Restricted

Optimus is the best

Old Post May 20th, 2010 07:30 AM
gygan is currently offline Click here to Send gygan a Private Message Find more posts by gygan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lordmegatron1
Bringer of chaos

Yeah and shit smells nice. Neither comment is correct, gygan.

Old Post May 22nd, 2010 03:39 AM
Mr. Rhythmic

Originally posted by lordmegatron1
Yeah and shit smells nice. Neither comment is correct, gygan.

Optimus Prime IS the best, though.

Old Post May 22nd, 2010 09:34 AM
Mr. Rhythmic is currently offline Click here to Send Mr. Rhythmic a Private Message Find more posts by Mr. Rhythmic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lordmegatron1
Bringer of chaos

Repeat after me Mr. Rhythmic: Shit smells nice. Then look in the mirror and say to yourself: dumb ass.

Old Post May 29th, 2010 06:15 PM
A dark knight

G1 megatron's fusion canon was said to be a mountain buster. I doubt movie optimus could survive that

Old Post Jun 4th, 2010 05:47 PM
A dark knight is currently offline Click here to Send A dark knight a Private Message Find more posts by A dark knight Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lordmegatron1
Bringer of chaos

Damn right, a dark knight. Damn right.

Old Post Jun 13th, 2010 05:53 PM
Squirrel Fart

Prime is and always will be the best.

Old Post Jun 14th, 2010 03:29 PM
Squirrel Fart is currently offline Click here to Send Squirrel Fart a Private Message Find more posts by Squirrel Fart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ChocolateCake

G1 Megatron would have destroyed the movie version of Prime.

Old Post Jun 15th, 2010 02:57 PM
ChocolateCake is currently offline Click here to Send ChocolateCake a Private Message Find more posts by ChocolateCake Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lordmegatron1
Bringer of chaos

I'm just asking, but are you guys taking the poll?

Old Post Jun 27th, 2010 03:24 AM
Squirrel Fart

Prime is always >>> Megatron.

Old Post Jun 29th, 2010 07:07 PM
Squirrel Fart is currently offline Click here to Send Squirrel Fart a Private Message Find more posts by Squirrel Fart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote