KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Lord of the Rings » Tolkien on the Hobbit

Tolkien on the Hobbit
Started by: Bluesteel

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Lord Andres
Wanted Dead or Alive

Tolkien on the Hobbit

Hey, I don't remember where and when, but I think I once heard something about Tolkien's intentions with the Hobbit. I am well aware of his distaste for allegory and such, and that he liked a good story above anything, no fooling around with hidden meanings and what not.

Anyway I am writing about the Hobbit in school, and I need to make a foot note about what I just wrote and that being that Tolkien only wanted the Hobbit to be a children's story about a Hobbit and nothing else.

Have you heard anything in that regard? please tell me and tell me where, a link, or something to the source would be great, I got the letters of Tolkien here, but you know I do not have time to go trough all those just to find that one letter for my footnote, so please any help would be of great help.

Thanks a lot.

Old Post Feb 7th, 2010 09:40 PM
Lord Andres is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Andres a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Andres Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Quincy
Debaser

Dont be lazy. Go through his letters. They are all interesting stuff anyways.

Sig by Scribble

Old Post Feb 8th, 2010 01:03 PM
Quincy is currently offline Click here to Send Quincy a Private Message Find more posts by Quincy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Andres
Wanted Dead or Alive

Thats the point, I dont know if it's in the letters or not, I simply don't have time to go trough all the material regardding Tolkien and his works, I was simply wondering if anyone here KNEW for certain about the thing I asked, I did not want anyone to go look for something if they did not know or want to.

Thanks for your help.

Old Post Feb 10th, 2010 12:51 AM
Lord Andres is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Andres a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Andres Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote