KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Role Playing » Star Wars: Role Playing » RETROSPECTION- Final Showdown (Broken)

RETROSPECTION- Final Showdown (Broken)
Started by: REXXXX

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
REXXXX
Networking

RETROSPECTION- Arneth & Vash vs. Rianna & Vera-Kin

THE SET-UP: Our Jedi heroes have come to Ord Coridari to pursue the wanted Nume Rand, a former Jedi Master who has fallen to the Dark Side and is performing numerous crimes to meet his own ends... whatever they may be. After a string of tragedies has befallen Rianna and Vera-Kin- including the destruction of Ord Coridari's command structure and a massive riot throughout the city, they have finally met up with their Dark Jedi targets in the mines situated in the Great Rift, where the Sith once detonated a horrible weapon...

HOW THIS WORKS: Rianna has a very firm understanding of how this works, since there have only been minor changes from the old ways... but Vera-Kin is new to this!

Each turn, duellists exchange lightsaber blows, trying to beat their opponent's guard and score a points until that final blow is struck to win the duel. One player is made the attacker, though who the attacker is changes each round.

There are three moves you can make, based upon the three physical stats of Strength, Agility, and Dexterity. You add your rating in chosen stat and apply it to your Lightsaber score, which makes for the final score of your attack.

There are two complications- first, some moves are better than others. Strength gets a bonus against Dexterity, Dexterity against Agility, and Agility against Strength. Said bonus is worth two points. Second, your chosen move has an inbuilt extra power of +0 (Weak), +1 (Normal), or +2 (Strong).

At the start of each duel, each combatant chooses six moves, choosing no more than three of each type. The strength of each hand is randomly determined; there are more weak moves than normal, more normal than strong.

Highest score wins each turn. In the event of a draw, attacker gets the point. First to five wins, so long as they are winning by two clear points. If not, duel continues until that gap is made. Winning by more points can have worse consequences for your opponents.

ANALYSIS:

Team Jedi has skill! Rianna being a Swordsman (for now) and Vera-Kin being a Solitaire Master puts them at high marks for lightsaber. However, Vera-Kin's softened physicality works against her, as Vash and especially Arneth are in excellent shape. Vash himself is no slacker with a blade, but Arneth's style is less refined. Worst of all, Rand is not far off...

Arneth and Vash have initiated things, so Arneth goes first, moving for Rianna!

Rianna, Vera-Kin- choose your first six moves, please.

Old Post Feb 11th, 2010 08:17 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

For my six, I'll go with three agility, two dexterity, one strength.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Feb 12th, 2010 02:24 AM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Vera21
Vera Vera Vera!

Three Agility and three Dexterity for Vera-Kin.

Nice trick.

Old Post Feb 12th, 2010 02:32 AM
Vera21 is currently offline Click here to Send Vera21 a Private Message Find more posts by Vera21 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Few things -

I know that Arneth is the equivalent of the Athlete template (I can't recall the name). My guess, considering the fact that he likes to use guns, is that he favors Dexterity, and his Agility is likely equally high thanks to his template bonus. This fact will potentially make him a difficult opponent, since Rianna and Vera-Kin both favor Agility. So we'll have to fight smart with him.

Vash is a Corsair. No idea what his favored physical stat would be, though. We haven't really seen him fight much, though at the very start he didn't seem to be able to handle a gun well. So he's either Agility or Strength, most likely. Hopefully Strength, because then we'll have a large edge. He's definitely going to be dangerous, though, since saber fighting is as much his thing as it is Rianna's.

Last edited by Peach on Feb 12th, 2010 at 02:54 AM

Old Post Feb 12th, 2010 02:50 AM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

The first draw is a great one for Rianna, less so Vera-Kin but still good. Rianna must have more of a knack for this than poor old Vera...

Rianna

Strength (Normal)
Agility (Strong)
Agility (Weak)
Agility (Strong)
Dexterity (Strong)
Dexterity (Normal)

Vera-Kin

Agility (Strong)
Agility (Strong)
Agility (Weak)
Dexterity (Normal)
Dexterity (Weak)
Dexterity (Weak)

-

Current Score:

Rianna/Vera-Kin: 0

Arneth/Vash: 0

Arneth is attacker. Rianna is defender.

-

Arneth goes for you, Rianna, twirling his lightsaber idly before jumping in with a vicious slash.

"Let's see if you're really as good as you say," Arneth snarls.

Old Post Feb 12th, 2010 02:50 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

"It's been quite a few years since the last time someone thought to test me in a duel," Rianna says, with a bit of a grim smile. She lightly sidesteps his slash, bringing up her lightsaber to catch his and angle it towards the floor and away from her.

We'll start with a bang (and hopefully not waste a great move), Agility - Strong.

(and of course Rianna has more of a knack - this is her specialty! stick out tongue)

Old Post Feb 12th, 2010 02:56 AM
REXXXX
Networking

He plays a Weak Dexterity. His lightsaber clashes against yours as it comes down in a refined chop, but you let it slide off your blade and into the stone floor. He grunts and withdraws as Vash moves in, but Vera-Kin is prepared for him.

-

Current Score:

Rianna/Vera-Kin: 1

Vera-Kin is attacker. Vash is defender.

Last edited by REXXXX on Feb 12th, 2010 at 05:51 AM

Old Post Feb 12th, 2010 05:42 AM
Vera21
Vera Vera Vera!

Vera-Kin plays a Strong Agility.

While Arneth and Rianna clash, the diminutive Jedi Master leaps into action against Vash, flipping toward him and landing at his feet, making a slash to take out his kneecap from behind.

Nice trick.

Old Post Feb 12th, 2010 06:38 PM
Vera21 is currently offline Click here to Send Vera21 a Private Message Find more posts by Vera21 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Vash plays a Normal Agility! Responding to your attack, Vash spins to one side and brings his lightsaber around in a tight downward arc to quickly parry your aggressive slash. He doesn't quite pull it off, only just preventing you from removing his leg, but he steps back...

-

Current Score:

Rianna/Vera-Kin: 2

Vash is attacker. Rianna is defender.

...right into Rianna, whom he swipes at with a wide swing, arms extended at full length to give himself full reach as he tries to cut Rianna in twain.

Old Post Feb 13th, 2010 09:34 AM
Peach
mordrem

Rianna will play her other Strong Agility, leaping up over the blade and flipping over Vash entirely, landing behind him and safely away from his attack.

Old Post Feb 13th, 2010 02:16 PM
REXXXX
Networking

You leap nimbly over the blade, maybe throwing Vash a pithy line as his lightsaber comes nowhere near you. You land and spin around just as Vash does the same, but his full-turn as put him off-balance and swordplay goes in your favor...

-

Current Score:

Rianna/Vera-Kin: 3

Vera-Kin is attacker. Arneth is defender.

Seeing Vash in trouble, Arneth is attempting to lunge for Rianna and turn the duel back in Vash's favor, leaving Vera-Kin free to attack!

Last edited by REXXXX on Feb 15th, 2010 at 05:31 AM

Old Post Feb 15th, 2010 05:26 AM
Vera21
Vera Vera Vera!

Taking a Strong Agility move and the opportunity to stop Arneth, Vera-Kin launches herself through the air and lands on his back, grabbing onto his shirt from behind and bringing her lightsaber down repeatedly at his head.

Nice trick.

Old Post Feb 15th, 2010 06:16 AM
Peach
mordrem

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Vera21
Taking a Strong Agility move and the opportunity to stop Arneth, Vera-Kin launches herself through the air and lands on his back, grabbing onto his shirt from behind and bringing her lightsaber down repeatedly at his head.

...this is the point where Rianna loses her reputation as a humorless b!tch because that is just too hard to not laugh at.

Old Post Feb 15th, 2010 06:19 AM
REXXXX
Networking

That certainly does it! Vera-Kin latches onto Arneth's back like a leech and brings her blade down on his skull, but he snaps up a hand and intervenes by stopping her arm, then throws her off with a tumble. It is a display of Agility (he played an Agility Strong as well) as Arneth flips around and Vera-Kin follows him. But without Arneth's assistance, Vash's power blows are not hitting anything as Rianna dances around him and fends him off.

-

Current Score:

Rianna/Vera-Kin: 4

Arneth is attacker. Rianna is defender. Match point.

Despite her agility, Vera-Kin falls for a feint at fleeing by Arneth, who then backflips over and past her (clashing blades with her in midair for dramatic effect) before breaking for Rianna, poised to run her through.

Old Post Feb 15th, 2010 06:21 AM
Peach
mordrem

Rianna will play Strong Dexterity, as she whirls around and lightly catches Arneth's blade with her own lightsaber, twirling hers in such a way as to attempt to disarm him.

Last edited by Peach on Feb 15th, 2010 at 06:26 AM

Old Post Feb 15th, 2010 06:23 AM
REXXXX
Networking

Where Arneth has bested Rianna before with gunplay and brutish violence, he shows that he lacks the vision required for straight swordplay. As he goes for Rianna, she sidesteps and responds with a blow that is decidedly more lethal than intended. He is still going forward when she tries to remove his arms, and she ends up cutting him nearly in half through the chest instead.

He drops his lightsaber before stumbling into the lava river and vanishing beneath its molten waves.

-

Current Score:

Rianna/Vera-Kin: 5

Match to Rianna/Vera-Kin.

-

"No!" Vash shouts as Arneth is cut down in a ruthless Jedi victory. He waves his lightsaber jerkily at you both, trying to appear threatening despite his compromised position. He starts to back up onto the bridge spanning the gap between your side of the lava flow and where Rand is.

Speaking of Rand, the plasma drill has powered down, and Rand has disappeared into the hole beyond...

Old Post Feb 15th, 2010 06:33 AM
Peach
mordrem

Rianna is slightly thrown off by Arneth's sudden death - she hadn't meant to use quite that powerful an attack - but doesn't let it distract her.

"He had no chance," she says, continuing after Vash. "Now. What are you and Rand doing here?"

Old Post Feb 15th, 2010 06:41 AM
Vera21
Vera Vera Vera!

"I'm going after my old Padawan," Vera-Kin tells Rianna. "Do not let him join up with his Master, understood?"

She is going to jump past Vash before he gets too far onto the bridge and then race ahead to the other side, wanting to hunt down Rand and stop him from whatever he is doing.

Nice trick.

Old Post Feb 15th, 2010 06:46 AM
REXXXX
Networking

"Preparing for our final plan," Vash says, "but I'm not telling you anything more than that. Rand can tell you if he likes, but I won't."

Vash tries to swipe at Vera-Kin as she moves past him, but the small target flips overhead without difficulty and he needs to stay mindful of Rianna's presence.

"You won't make it so easily," Vash says. "You and I both know that I am no slouch with a lightsaber as Arneth was."

-

Vera-Kin, you race down the bridge as fast as your little old feet will carry you, leaving Rianna to fight Vash. Ahead, the plasma driller is steaming just inside the tunnel. Rocks have exploded and fallen to the side of the drill, having been drilled out of what appears to be a very solid rock wall and nothing more.

But Rand has vanished into the tunnel.

Old Post Feb 16th, 2010 03:30 AM
Peach
mordrem

"Oh, I noticed," Rianna replies to Vash, angling her lightsaber towards him. "I've also noticed how I can use your strengths against you, as well as your weaknesses..."

Old Post Feb 16th, 2010 03:38 AM