KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Role Playing » Star Wars: Role Playing » RETROSPECTION- Final Showdown (Broken)

RETROSPECTION- Final Showdown (Broken)
Started by: REXXXX

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Vera21
Vera Vera Vera!

Vera-Kin does not stop to observe the plasma drill, moving around it to enter the new tunnel that Rand used it to create. She has her lightsaber active in hand, not wanting the Dark Side Master to catch her off-guard.

"I know you're in here, Rand," Vera-Kin says. "My old Padawan, how could you have fallen so far?"

Nice trick.

Old Post Feb 16th, 2010 07:41 AM
Vera21 is currently offline Click here to Send Vera21 a Private Message Find more posts by Vera21 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

"That is true of anyone," Vash says. "We all have inherent weaknesses in every aspect of our persons. This makes you no better than I. It is all a matter of who is the better swordsman, is it not?"

-

The tunnel is dark, only lit by the glow of the lava flow behind you and the headlights of the plasma driller.

Rand laughs, somewhere ahead of you in the dark.

"Hello, my old friend," Rand snickers. "Have you come to teach me a lesson? Has your apprentice been bad? I can tell you that I, for one, am not going to listen to any preaching today. I am more powerful than you, Master Vera-Kin."

Old Post Feb 16th, 2010 07:46 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

"You lack confidence, I've seen that clearly. I'm willing to bet that you haven't had much in the way of formal training, if any at all," Rianna replies. "I am young but already among the best in the Temple. And I've seen nothing from you that shows you can match my speed."

Rianna pauses for a moment and smiles, bringing her lightsaber back up into an offensive position.

"So come, then. Let's see who's better."

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Feb 16th, 2010 06:33 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Vera21
Vera Vera Vera!

"Not so, Nume," Vera-Kin says, using his first name. "I believe we may be equals in power and skill, but it will be I who prevails today. Whatever you're planning, it won't work. I won't let it."

Nice trick.

Old Post Feb 16th, 2010 06:46 PM
Vera21 is currently offline Click here to Send Vera21 a Private Message Find more posts by Vera21 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Vash's face remains cold with concentration, and he steps forward to engage you... and at the same time, as Vera-Kin stumbles into a cylindrical chamber lit dimly by torches, Rand steps out of the shadows and swipes at her with his own lightsaber!

New move sets, please!

Last edited by REXXXX on Feb 16th, 2010 at 08:14 PM

Old Post Feb 16th, 2010 08:10 PM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Three Agility and three Dexterity, please!

Old Post Feb 16th, 2010 08:19 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Vera21
Vera Vera Vera!

Three Agility, two Dexterity, one Strength.

Nice trick.

Old Post Feb 17th, 2010 06:33 AM
REXXXX
Networking

Rianna

Agility (Weak)
Agility (Strong)
Agility (Normal)
Dexterity (Normal)
Dexterity (Strong)
Dexterity (Normal)

Vera-Kin

Strength (Normal)
Agility (Normal)
Agility (Weak)
Agility (Strong)
Dexterity (Strong)
Dexterity (Normal)

-

Current Score:

Rianna: 0

Vash: 0

Vash is attacker.

Vash cautiously steps forward to test Rianna's defenses, lightly jabbing with his lightsaber to probe her. Then the real attack comes when Vash makes a horizontal slash to your left.

-

Current Score:

Vera-Kin: 0

Rand: 0

Rand is attacker.

Rand opens his attack with his lightsaber held high, bringing it down in an overhead blow that sweeps down to your height, intending to split you in half as he steps forward from the shadows and strikes.

"You have already failed, Vera!" Rand cackles. "You fell for every distraction I placed in your way. I have what I came for. Leaving Ord Coridari in shambles was just the fun part!"

Last edited by REXXXX on Feb 17th, 2010 at 06:53 AM

Old Post Feb 17th, 2010 06:44 AM
Peach
mordrem

Rianna quickly brings her lightsaber to her side, catching his blade on hers and forcing it up and away from her.

Strong Dexterity.

Old Post Feb 17th, 2010 06:55 AM
Vera21
Vera Vera Vera!

Vera-Kin will play her sole Strength move, standing her ground against Rand's slash with her lightsaber raised up to intercept before shunting him back to give her some space.

"I cannot have been only the Box," Vera-Kin says, "or you wouldn't be down here. Whatever was in it, there's something ELSE in this room."

She does not pause to look about, though, for fear of losing a limb.

Nice trick.

Old Post Feb 17th, 2010 07:04 AM
REXXXX
Networking

Vash's blade flies in and Rianna is ready for it... but it was a feint! Vash played a Normal Agility for a score of 15. He suddenly spins on the spot and reverses his grip on his lightsaber with a stylish twirl, bringing it around to your right! But you are ready again- snapping Myraline's saber to your hand, you block his attack and deflect it upward and away, as you had planned.

-

Current Score:

Rianna: 1

Rianna is attacker.

A quick exchange of blows pushes Vash back down the bridge after his failed attack.

"Impressive," Vash comments, giving some ground.

-

Rand plays a Strong Strength! His red lightsaber slams into your green one and they crackle vibrantly in this strange room of smoothed rock, deep within the mines. The sound of grinding swords echoes hauntingly down the tunnel as you try to twist your way out of the pause. The saber lock is brief, though, as Rand uses his height to weigh down onto his blade and push you back!

-

Current Score:

Rand: 1

Vera-Kin is attacker.

You roll clear as his blade sinks into the cool stone where you just were.

"Clever, Vera-Kin. Yes, the Box was only part of what I wanted."

Old Post Feb 17th, 2010 07:25 AM
Peach
mordrem

"You think that was impressive? That was nothing," Rianna responds, twirling her saber around in a butterfly move, before spinning and lashing out at Vash with a whirl of purple. Strong Agility.

Old Post Feb 17th, 2010 07:30 AM
Vera21
Vera Vera Vera!

"What was the rest?" Vera-Kin asks.

Vera-Kin recovers by rolling backward onto her feet, then springing up into the air to bring down her lightsaber on Rand's head.

Agility Strong!

Nice trick.

Old Post Feb 19th, 2010 05:22 AM
REXXXX
Networking

Vash, despite being quite agile himself, made the mistake of pouring his strength into his blow with a Strong Strength. His lightsaber flickers lightly against Rianna's as she parries and presses her attack home, causing him to backstep...

-

Current Score:

Rianna: 2

Vash is attacker.

...but he quickly retreats and kicks off of the bridge's railing about halfway through, carrying him toward Rianna in an overhead attack.

-

Vera-Kin jumps into the air to make up for her small size, trying to get over Rand in order to get a better shot at his head. However, Rand displays some expert swordplay that he leaned toward in his training- he prefers more of a classical style to your showy jumps and spins. He keeps his lightsaber interposed between yourself and him, disallowing you from getting your blow in and causing you to land awkwardly behind him.

-

Current Score:

Rand: 2

Rand is attacker.

"Allow me to run you through and I will tell you all about my little plan," Rand says, back to you, before he turns with a lightning quick jab to your center.

Old Post Feb 19th, 2010 05:46 AM
Peach
mordrem

Rianna ducks down under his blade, rolling away from him before hopping back to her feet. Normal Dexterity.

Old Post Feb 19th, 2010 05:56 AM
Vera21
Vera Vera Vera!

Vera-Kin decides to meet Rand on his own turf, swatting the jab aside and wielding her lightsaber like a rapier as they parry and jab to and fro in the moves of classical swordplay.

"I... think... NOT!" Vera-Kin says as she keeps up with his jabs and parries.

Dexterity Strong!

Nice trick.

Old Post Feb 19th, 2010 08:02 AM
REXXXX
Networking

Rianna ducks and rolls! Which means that Vash overshoots his target and lands behind her, putting her between him and Rand's uncovered cavern. He turns to attack but she is already upon him, pressing him to go on the defensive in order to not lose ground and move away from his Master.

Current Score:

Rianna: 3

Rianna is attacker.

"Was that what you were talking about?" Vash asks.

-

Clash clash clash! Each time one of you stabs in, it is solidly forced away. This exchange continues until Rand decides to cheat. You both send in a jab at the same time, causing you to both awkwardly try to deflect the other's attack, resulting in a loose lock...

A burning hot fragment of the tunnel behind you strikes you squarely in the back, as does a flurry of others. You disengage from Rand to deal with the stones that he is flinging into you with the Force, giving him the round.

-

Current Score:

Rand: 3

Vera-Kin is attacker.

Old Post Feb 19th, 2010 08:18 AM
Peach
mordrem

Rianna does not reply but instead leaps after him, making a feint towards his chest with Myraline's saber while her purple one swipes at his legs. Normal Agility.

Old Post Feb 19th, 2010 11:35 PM
Vera21
Vera Vera Vera!

Vera-Kin steps back and tries slashing at some of the stones with her lightsaber, but when this proves ineffectual she uses the Force to throw the stones back at Rand, redirecting them to a new target.

"You always were a sly one, Rand," Vera-Kin says as the stones whip past and head for Rand. "Even in your training, you exploited weaknesses in a way no-one dared. I trained you too well."

Vera-Kin hurls one particularly large stone at Rand, then strides in to jab her lightsaber through his leg while he is distracted with evading the stone. Dexterity Normal.

Nice trick.

Old Post Feb 20th, 2010 08:39 AM
REXXXX
Networking

Vash does not fall for your feint; you go for his legs but he nimbly leaps over you and lands behind you, back on course to his Master. However, despite being equally agile, you simply have more experience with this sort of thing. This turn is a draw... but it goes to you as he press him further, keeping him on edge despite meeting you blow for blow.

Current Score:

Rianna: 4

Vash is attacker.

"I'm better than this," Vash protests, swinging his lightsaber in a wide arc to give him some space. It is ineffectual; you are outsmarting his swordplay with every move. He aggressively strikes forward to push you back, aiming for one of your lightsaber.

-

Rand plays a Normal Agility for a score of 14, sidestepping the flung stones and cutting them out of the air. Hitting him from the front with the stones is not as effective as his sneak attack had been, but when you hurl the larger stone his way, he meets you head on. You sense a surge of dark power as he stops the stone mid-air, closes his hand into a tight fist, then opens it. The stone explodes into dozens of pieces... but his concentration has given you an opening! He backsteps into the center of the room, tripping over the crater there as he deflects your jab...

-

Current Score:

Vera-Kin: 1

Rand: 3

Rand is attacker.

"My power is no thanks to your training, Master," Rand says. "I have discovered for myself what the Sith saw in the Dark Side; far greater power than you ever showed me."

Rand nimbly steps out of the crater and tries to quickly make it around you, slashing for your side.

Old Post Feb 20th, 2010 09:09 AM