KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Sci-Fi / Fantasy » Third Riddick Movie

Third Riddick Movie
Started by: Kazenji

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (22): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Patient_Leech
System Failure

I don't remember if this concept art was ever posted.. i think it's badass:

http://www.dreadcentral.com/news/44...rd-riddick-film

And this one is the one that Vin posted on his Facebook a long time ago..

http://riddick-3-movie-trailer.blogspot.com/

Old Post Jul 20th, 2011 09:16 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Shadow Z

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
Well, you know there IS a short animated feature that bridges the gap between Pitch Black and Chronicles. It's called Dark Fury. It's done by Peter Chung, who's a really creative animator. It's good.

That reminds me of something I've been wondering about. I will say that I don't worry about them making it work, because they are very precious about the character and the story and are very careful to get it right (so I trust they will); however, since they are taking a budget cut to make it R-rated, I wonder if the story will follow the same arch as before. They originally said that Pt.2 would be a trip to the Underverse and Pt.3 would be Riddick returning to his homeworld, Furya. And from what I've read, it sounds like they're not going to the Underverse anymore. Perhaps that would require a larger budget. And I think I read somewhere that there would be a trip to Furya in Pt.2. They keep saying it's gonna be more scaled down, like Pitch Black. Which is fine. But anyway, I just wonder if they've had to change much from their original plan. Probably not much use in speculating because we won't know for a while probably, heh...

(btw, I just re-read the novelization of Pitch Black. So good!)

Never knew about Dark Fury, I'll look into that; might fill a few gaps!

Well the plot description IMDB has says he will be going back to Furya and if so it could lead to some new developments. But if they do that then I'm sure it'll be every bit as grandoise as the second and it will be interesting to see Riddicks 'homeworld' and what exactly takes him there. I just love Riddicks animalistic, and dangerous personality (best seen when he stares down the beast in the jail) and I hope they play on that too and bring back the bounty hunter Toombs, who was so inept its funny.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2011 07:10 PM
Lord Shadow Z is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Shadow Z a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Shadow Z Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

I actually kinda hope Toombs comes back, too. He's good comic relief, which plays well opposite Riddick's stoic ass. In the movie Toombs is of course left in the cage between the two hellhounds and it's ambiguous as to whether he survived, but if I remember correctly from the book, he gets mauled and eaten a bit more violently (Damn, I wish Chronicles wasn't PG-13. erm There's some much more gruesome parts in the book that I think they actually shot or at least prepared and intended to shoot, but got changed for whatever reason...) I dunno, might be kinda cheesy if he comes back, though. Maybe have him show up for a brief while for some humor and then have him get suddenly and violently slaughtered.. haha.. that would work!

I really hope Kyra comes back, though. I think she's a great actress, Alexa Davalos. great vulnerability, but still powerful. It'd be a real shame if she's not in it. I actually watched a few other movies because she was in them (Feast of Love, The Mist, and Clash of the Titans was terrible, but she's in it). Okay, so MAYBE I have a little bit of a boyish crush... so SUE me.. heh love

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2011 02:51 AM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Old Post Aug 9th, 2011 05:29 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

New Story And Character Details

http://comicbookmovie.com/fansites/...9/news/?a=44102

quote:
They both previously confirmed that this chapter will be much different than The Chronicles of Riddick and stay true to the original tone and style of Pitch Black

Old Post Aug 11th, 2011 07:33 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Shadow Z

Originally posted by Kazenji
New Story And Character Details

http://comicbookmovie.com/fansites/...9/news/?a=44102

That's good news, the primal aspect of Riddick is definitely his main characteristic. In COR you generally only see it come out when he enters the prison and is once more among people like him. Not as cool or dangerous as him though. big grin

Old Post Aug 11th, 2011 02:31 PM
Lord Shadow Z is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Shadow Z a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Shadow Z Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Nice find. I read a script review a many months ago and it said pretty much the same stuff. Some things might have been adjusted since then, though. I skipped the "spoiler" section on that moviehole page. Figure I should save some stuff for a surprise. heh. It will definitely be fun to see what faces start popping up for the other roles!! I think the movies have been cast really well to this point. And casting is very important, I think.

Last edited by Patient_Leech on Aug 12th, 2011 at 06:14 PM

Old Post Aug 12th, 2011 06:11 PM
Mindset

I have high hopes for this film.

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post Aug 18th, 2011 07:37 AM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Manofwords

Big fan of Pitch Black but the sequel was a bloated mess... don't hold high hopes for the third I have to be honest.

Old Post Sep 4th, 2011 02:08 PM
Manofwords is currently offline Click here to Send Manofwords a Private Message Find more posts by Manofwords Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Old Post Sep 5th, 2011 07:43 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Ah, yeah, I didn't know what was going on there, but you might be right. It does kind of look like he's brutally killing someone.. haha! Yeah, Vin posted it on Facebook. God-f**king-d@mn I can't wait for this movie!!!

I watched one of the Fast and the Furious movies on TV last night just so I could pretend he was Riddick.. haha.

I wish IMDB would update the page.. it sounds like they're filming now. Vin said the first stop in is Canada, which is where they filmed a lot of Chronicles. Or maybe that's just the schedule and they still haven't started yet...

[Edit: Oh, okay.. at the bottom of the page it says that casting is underway... sweet, have to look out for that info..]

Old Post Sep 5th, 2011 09:25 PM
quanchi112
Disney

I actually liked the second movie more than the first by far. I am happy they are expanding the mythos. I wanted more necromongers but I'm content with what I saw from part 2.

Old Post Sep 6th, 2011 03:45 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

Originally posted by quanchi112
I actually liked the second movie more than the first by far.
I'm gonna smack you.

Old Post Sep 7th, 2011 05:41 AM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Mindset
I'm gonna smack you.
Lord marshal is cooler than Riddick can ever hope to be. I sobbed when Riddick cruelly killed the hero of the flick.

Old Post Sep 7th, 2011 05:42 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

This still being done as a prequel to Pitch Black, ie before Chronicles turned a decent character to complete shit?

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Sep 7th, 2011 05:13 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Originally posted by Robtard
This still being done as a prequel to Pitch Black, ie before Chronicles turned a decent character to complete shit?

Uh, come again? Are you asking if this new film they're working on will be a prequel to Pitch Black? No, it never was planned as that. The prequel to Pitch Black is the first video game, I believe. Escape From Butcher Bay. The new film will pick up where Chronicles left off (more or less).

And yeah, I really don't understand the hate towards The Chronicles of Riddick. The character didn't change. They're very precise about keeping the character the way it should be. It's a different kind of movie from Pitch Black (sci-fi/horror/drama). It's more of a sci-fi/action/adventure. The only flaw of Chronicles was that they had to go PG-13.

But those days are over now.. thank Jebus. big grin

Old Post Sep 8th, 2011 04:18 AM
Mindset

I liked Chronicles, but Pitch Black was much better.

Old Post Sep 8th, 2011 04:25 AM
quanchi112
Disney

I'd like to see a spin off the Chronicles of Lord Marshal.

Old Post Sep 8th, 2011 05:27 AM
Mindset

lol

Old Post Sep 8th, 2011 06:24 AM
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Patient_Leech
Uh, come again? Are you asking if this new film they're working on will be a prequel to Pitch Black? No, it never was planned as that. The prequel to Pitch Black is the first video game, I believe. Escape From Butcher Bay. The new film will pick up where Chronicles left off (more or less).

And yeah, I really don't understand the hate towards The Chronicles of Riddick. The character didn't change. They're very precise about keeping the character the way it should be. It's a different kind of movie from Pitch Black (sci-fi/horror/drama). It's more of a sci-fi/action/adventure. The only flaw of Chronicles was that they had to go PG-13.

But those days are over now.. thank Jebus. big grin

Someone had posted a synopsis early last year in here and it implied the next Riddick film would be a prequel (ie before planet/people Furyan was destroyed), hence my fvcking question. "Is it still planned on being a prequel?"

Probably because Chronicles was a shitty action movie and Riddick went from being some bad-ass killer to hero of the galaxy. An R rating wouldn't have helped Chronicles all that much, some more blood and gore can't help a flawed story and writing.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Sep 8th, 2011 05:05 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote