KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Superman » Superman Vs Wonderwoman

Superman Vs Wonderwoman
Started by: Hell Lancer

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (58): « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 10 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
bluewaterrider

Alright, enough of that for now.

BienSalsa deserves to have his question re-addressed.

Abhi, let me bullet point and be done with you for today:

-- Wonder Woman v2 #219 is Chapter 4 of Sacrifice. Chapter 3 of Sacrifice is Adventures of Superman #642. You showed Superman/Batman #15 where alternate Superman ambushes alternate Wonder Woman, and then, while she is groggy, has his way with her via her rope. Compare that to what Wonder Woman does with Superman, though. He manages to escape only by creating a diversion where Diana is forced to save Batman rather than continue fighting him. Then Superman flees. I can show you images of the scene tomorrow if you wish.

-- Your scans of Superman fighting the JLA, with all of them holding him? That's Superman:Man of Tomorrow, #13 (MOT13).
Circa 1999.

Besides being before the 2003-2011 period I outlined, or even the 2001-2011 period I suggested in my first post, Superman was amped beyond his normal levels by previous extreme sun exposure.

Because he had spent his time disposing of every nuke he could find on Earth into the Sun.
The Kryptonite Kyle Rayner exposes him to nearly takes him out. The only reason it doesn't? He had all that prior sun.
Superman SAYS as much himself on the following page.

I can show you scans of that admission as well as the early scenes of him disposing of nukes in the sun at the beginning of MOT13 on request. I was actually planning to use that issue as proof that Superman's resistance to kryptonite has more or less direct relation to how much sun he's had ... at least in most of the books I'VE read.

-- The "true" lighting versus artist portrayal argument isn't something I'm making up. Try to answer, IF you accept Salsa's premise that the sun is BEHIND Diana, why is her FRONT lit, when that should be shadowed, as Superman's front is?

About the only real answer you'll be able to come up with is that the position of the sun is NOT what the artist or artists are using to determine where light is coming from in their panels.
You can take another look at front-lit Wondy, supposedly with the sun at her back, by the way, by clicking my attached image from that previously shown panel.

-- Thank you for your retraction on Venus.

Attachment: why is diana's front lit but not clark's.jpg
This has been downloaded 76 time(s).

Old Post Apr 12th, 2012 06:34 PM
bluewaterrider is currently offline Click here to Send bluewaterrider a Private Message Find more posts by bluewaterrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

quote: (post)
Originally posted by bluewaterrider

Abhi, let me bullet point and be done with you for today:

-- Wonder Woman v2 #219 is Chapter 4 of Sacrifice. Chapter 3 of Sacrifice is Adventures of Superman #642. You showed Superman/Batman #15 where alternate Superman ambushes alternate Wonder Woman, and then, while she is groggy, has his way with her via her rope. Compare that to what Wonder Woman does with Superman, though. He manages to escape only by creating a diversion where Diana is forced to save Batman rather than continue fighting him. Then Superman flees. I can show you images of the scene tomorrow if you wish.

-- Your scans of Superman fighting the JLA, with all of them holding him? That's Superman:Man of Tomorrow, #13 (MOT13).
Circa 1999.

Besides being before the 2003-2011 period I outlined, or even the 2001-2011 period I suggested in my first post, Superman was amped beyond his normal levels by previous extreme sun exposure.

Because he had spent his time disposing of every nuke he could find on Earth into the Sun.
The Kryptonite Kyle Rayner exposes him to nearly takes him out. The only reason it doesn't? He had all that prior sun.
Superman SAYS as much himself on the following page.

I can show you scans of that admission as well as the early scenes of him disposing of nukes in the sun at the beginning of MOT13 on request. I was actually planning to use that issue as proof that Superman's resistance to kryptonite has more or less direct relation to how much sun he's had ... at least in most of the books I'VE read.

-- The "true" lighting versus artist portrayal argument isn't something I'm making up. Try to answer, IF you accept Salsa's premise that the sun is BEHIND Diana, why is her FRONT lit, when that should be shadowed, as Superman's front is?

About the only real answer you'll be able to come up with is that the position of the sun is NOT what the artist or artists are using to determine where light is coming from in their panels.
You can take another look at front-lit Wondy, supposedly with the sun at her back, by the way, by clicking my attached image from that previously shown panel.

It was not an alternate superman and an alternate diana. These were the same beings as post crisis superman and wonder woman, they were altered by Legion of supervillains's meddling of time. Did you forget who did all that, he just punched and shattered her fabled bracers and knocked her silly. What are you talking about.

It was noted that he was going to sun a lot but it wasn't a massive amp by any measure as shown in his fight with orion which as always was a stalemate. He also just recently took a blast from dominus which sends him from moon to earth crash landing. You haven't read much superman books apparently.

I didn't brought up that point so no comment. I just know it was a shitty story which made no sense and rucka wrote it just to wank his favorite character. You answer my question, why would a superman storyline ends in a wonder woman title when there is no reason to move it there?

Old Post Apr 12th, 2012 09:16 PM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Might as well address some of these ...

So we've gone from an INcorrect statement that Earth-3 Diana was magically amped by someone in All Star Squadron, to "hit him when he wasn't looking"? ...

Okay.

The fallacy here is the idea that a being like Superman or Ultraman has to be a conscious figure in possession of full world-moving superstrength in order to knock someone out.

That's wrong.

All they needed to be in a lot of cases was an involuntary ULTRA hard-headed/hard-bodied missile hurled by someone ELSE with sufficient knockout force.

Strange it may sound, Abhi, and perhaps it even varied from writer to writer, just as it does today, but, superbeings typically did NOT lose the physical property of invulnerability AS a physical object when they were weakened.

For instance, Superman, splashed by liquid green kryptonite via the 1950s equivalent of a super-soaker water gun, World's Finest #94, Volume 1, not only required the kryptonite be washed off him for his own safety, but had to be caught by Batman and Robin TO PREVENT HIS INVULNERABLE PLUMMETING BODY FROM HURTING OTHERS.
Similarly, and many years later, though pre-Crisis, Superman's cousin Supergirl finds herself knocked out by the JLA's Black Canary during a mid-air fight...

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Source: Superman Family #172, Volume 1
Writer: Elliot S. Maggin
Penciller: Curt Swan
Date: July 1975
----------------------------------------------------------------------

She was amped in a previous comic called secret society of super villains as I gathered info otherwise its a total random thing which shouldn't have happened but in the same crossover dr fate who has a yellow costume had trouble breaking hal jordan's constructs and alan scott soloed CSA.
laughing out loud
You're digging deep here. Ultraman and superman aren't interchangable. He was very weak as he stated as he at full power shrugged off dr fate's magical attacks.
If you want to go one better, in Ultraman's first appearance roughly 20 years prior, Justice League of America #29 or 30 if I remember right, Ultraman was stopped by placing him ON a kryptonite meteor.

Comicbook writers specialize in making many a character's strength into potential weakness.

Phail. That was a meteor sized kryptonite which overloaded his powers. This was a small piece of kryptonite. Nothing comparable.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2012 09:37 PM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

BTW I liked how you convieniently skipped where diana admitted that karen was equal in strength to her.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2012 09:41 PM
Rao Kal El
DJ FrostByte

Originally posted by roughrider
Really?

A vision? come on.

Thank You Prof. T.C McAbe, You are Superman!

Old Post Apr 13th, 2012 01:27 AM
Rao Kal El is currently offline Click here to Send Rao Kal El a Private Message Find more posts by Rao Kal El Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

Originally posted by biensalsa
A vision? come on.

This one was no future vision. This actually happened.

Does someone still think Diana's magical weapons are laughed at by Superman?

Attachment: wonderwoman-tiara.jpg
This has been downloaded 62 time(s).

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Apr 13th, 2012 01:57 AM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rao Kal El
DJ FrostByte

This one was no future vision. This actually happened.

Does someone still think Diana's magical weapons are laughed at by Superman?

Lol what is the point of that?

BTW You forgot the scan of him healing after that magical cut.

But come on, is not like Thor does not get cut by those.

Old Post Apr 13th, 2012 02:37 AM
Rao Kal El is currently offline Click here to Send Rao Kal El a Private Message Find more posts by Rao Kal El Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

The first scan that was put up with the JLA holding Superman, just want to let you all know that before this, he was feeding off of Sunlight...he was basically amped.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Apr 13th, 2012 02:39 AM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rao Kal El
DJ FrostByte

Originally posted by carver9
The first scan that was put up with the JLA holding Superman, just want to let you all know that before this, he was feeding off of Sunlight...he was basically amped.

So not amped He stalemates Orion and Amped he stalemates Orion?

Great logic there.

He had an extra boost, not denying that. but is not like He was 50% stronger.

And you forgot to mention about the OTHER scans! What is the logic behind those?

Old Post Apr 13th, 2012 02:42 AM
carver9

So not amped He stalemates Orion and Amped he stalemates Orion?

Great logic there.

He had an extra boost, not denying that. but is not like He was 50% stronger.

And you forgot to mention about the OTHER scans! What is the logic behind those?

Nothing wrong with the other scans, I just wanted to bring that up.

Also, I wouldn't give credit to the Wonder Woman scan either where he broke her neck since we don't know what changes that Wonder Woman went through.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Apr 13th, 2012 03:25 AM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rao Kal El
DJ FrostByte

Wow.

Sorry, I just have to say WOW to this argument.

but lets play by this rules then, the artist portrayal of the light and the sun behind her back.

But lets answer to your question and please after I answer this please answer me WHY THE SUN MOVED OUT OF DIANA'S WAY?

OK, to answer Your question

why is diana's front lit but not clark's?

Because Clark's front is facing away from the sun and there is another source of light between Diana and Clark AKA Glowing Kryptonite

(please log in to view the image)

Now, in all seriousness, even Greg Rucka who seems to be a Wonder Woman fan knows; there is no way to justify Diana Surviving am enraged Superman other than saving her from the sun.

So after a Minute and twenty seconds the writer decided to step in and save Diana move the sun out of the way and have a 30 page book comic instead of a 6 page comic book.

Old Post Apr 13th, 2012 03:33 AM
Rao Kal El
DJ FrostByte

Also, I wouldn't give credit to the Wonder Woman scan either where he broke her neck since we don't know what changes that Wonder Woman went through.

I heard that argument before.

New earth Superman killed New earth Wonder Woman in an alternative timeline.

Many people may claim that in an alternative timeline Wonder Woman maybe did not had any of her power upgrades, but also on an alternative timeline Superman did not had his power upgrades.

This evens the field.

Old Post Apr 13th, 2012 03:37 AM
roughrider
Thunderer

Lol what is the point of that?

BTW You forgot the scan of him healing after that magical cut.

But come on, is not like Thor does not get cut by those.

Superman can take a hit, but he is still taken aback by something that can cut through his aura like it's not even there, like Diana's enchanted weapons (or the enchanted claws of Vixen or Equus etc.) if Diana was fully blood lusted she could finish him, instead of letting him use his power to heal up just so she could buy time.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Apr 13th, 2012 04:56 AM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

There is no conclusive way to say.
Superman can take a hit, but he is still taken aback by something that can cut through his aura like it's not even there, like Diana's enchanted weapons (or the enchanted claws of Vixen or Equus etc.) if Diana was fully blood lusted she could finish him, instead of letting him use his power to heal up just so she could buy time.

Freeze breath is a great way to stop projectiles.

Old Post Apr 13th, 2012 05:08 AM
bluewaterrider

>> The first scan that was put up with the JLA holding Superman, just want to let you all know that before this, he was feeding off of Sunlight...he was basically amped.

> There is no conclusive way to say.

If there's not a conclusive way to say THAT much, there isn't a conclusive way to say much about anything at all in comicdom.

That's one of the basic premises OF post-Crisis Superman, Abhi:

more sun = more power, including greater resistance to kryptonite

Again, Superman HIMSELF says that his greater prior sun exposure was the reason he was able to survive the JLA assault at ALL ...

Attachment: mot13 supesadmission iwasampedelseidbedeadnow.jpg
This has been downloaded 46 time(s).

Old Post Apr 13th, 2012 08:09 AM
bluewaterrider is currently offline Click here to Send bluewaterrider a Private Message Find more posts by bluewaterrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I thought I told you about posting on this forum?

he doesn't have an aura anymore.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Apr 13th, 2012 08:12 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bluewaterrider

P.R., can you confirm that Rucka interview while you're here?

Did you look at it when it was still posted on Newsarama 2 years ago or not?

Old Post Apr 13th, 2012 08:21 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

P.R., can you confirm that Rucka interview while you're here?

Did you look at it when it was still posted on Newsarama 2 years ago or not?

I have read that interview, yes. Why?

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Apr 13th, 2012 08:24 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bluewaterrider

Originally posted by abhilegend
Freeze breath is a great way to stop projectiles.

Certainly possible, Abhi.

But freeze breath sure didn't stop THIS one ...

Attachment: 270 tiara returns unfrosted ....jpg
This has been downloaded 44 time(s).

Old Post Apr 13th, 2012 08:25 AM
bluewaterrider

Originally posted by -Pr-
I have read [Rucka's Sacrifice] interview, yes. Why?

Because it is no longer on Newsarama, as I predicted back then would one day be the case.

So having the relatively unbiased confirmation of a forum moderator helps to verify that what was there really WAS there for people to read, and that the interview posted in this thread earlier a page or so ago was legitimate.

Old Post Apr 13th, 2012 08:34 AM