KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Communications » News & Questions » Computer Help Forum » display stretched, resolution not the problem

display stretched, resolution not the problem
Started by: menokokoro

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
menokokoro

display stretched, resolution not the problem

so, yet another problem. i reinstalled my os to fix a previous problem, which it did. but now the display is stretched to fill my wide screen like it was meant to be full screen, but from what i can tell, the resolution is set as wide (unless im mistaken) it is currently at 1024x768. i cant find any other reason it would be stretched like this...can someone help me?

Old Post Feb 16th, 2010 11:06 PM
menokokoro is currently offline Click here to Send menokokoro a Private Message Find more posts by menokokoro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

1024x768 is not a widescreen resolution, is the problem. That's why it's stretching it. Change it to something like 1280x800 or 1440x900.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Feb 16th, 2010 11:16 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
menokokoro

HAHA! so i was wrong lol. well there is a problem with that...neither of those are available...sooo, is there any way for me to, i dont know, download those settings or something?

Old Post Feb 17th, 2010 12:22 AM
menokokoro is currently offline Click here to Send menokokoro a Private Message Find more posts by menokokoro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

If you just reinstalled your OS, then you will probably need to go through and download updated drivers. Make sure your graphics card driver is up to date.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Feb 17th, 2010 12:29 AM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
menokokoro

ok will do

Old Post Feb 17th, 2010 12:35 AM
menokokoro

ugh, 81 updates....

Old Post Feb 17th, 2010 12:49 AM
menokokoro

ok so, im thinking that it might just be something with the os disk, its a laptop and the monitor is part of it (obviously) so i think for some reason the os is for a full screen laptop

Old Post Feb 17th, 2010 03:21 AM
menokokoro

ok so i went to the device manager and the display adapter>standard vga graphics adapter cannot start. and other devices>ethernet controller, sm bus controller, and video controller all dont have their drivers. i tried to download the drivers for the other devices, but my computer couldnt find any, and i couldnt find them online. and the vga graphics just does nothing

would what i said there effect the resolution? and if so, how do i fix them?

edit: even if it doesnt effect them, how do i fix it smile

Old Post Feb 17th, 2010 06:21 AM
menokokoro

oh wait, lol they dont need drivers, but there is a problem with all that i said

Old Post Feb 17th, 2010 06:40 AM
Robtard
Senor Member

It sounds like you're using the default driver for your video-card, instead of the proper.

What model of comp is is?

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Feb 18th, 2010 05:33 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
menokokoro

its a dell inspiron 1545

Old Post Feb 18th, 2010 08:37 PM
menokokoro

well, i am happy to report that circles are circles again, squares are squares, and i am very happy to have my...display back to normal big grin. but now i know about drivers and stuff and will be fine from now on. thanks for the help

Old Post Feb 19th, 2010 11:07 AM
AsbestosFlaygon
The Original One

Are you using a Widescreen LCD monitor or a regular LCD monitor? Regular CRT perhaps?
Because the resolution depends on the size of your monitor.
Choosing a Widescreen setting, like the one you are using, on a regular monitor will stretch the GUI.

"Farewell, Damos... Ash, Pikachu... And you. All of my beloved." -- Arceus

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2010 07:20 AM
AsbestosFlaygon is currently offline Click here to Send AsbestosFlaygon a Private Message Find more posts by AsbestosFlaygon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote