KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » How important are speed and reflexes

In the grand scheme of things, how important is speed and reflexes?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Not at all important 1 3.85%
Not very important 1 3.85%
A little important 1 3.85%
Important 3 11.54%
Quite important 7 26.92%
Very important 9 34.62%
The most important asset available 4 15.38%
Total: 26 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

How important are speed and reflexes
Started by: JakeTheBank

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Starscream M

quote: (post)
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Thor has the tools, powers, and abilities to drop Hulk pretty much whenever he wants to, only...he doesn't. I think it's because Hulk somehow affects Thor's pride to want to fight him on as even terms as possible and come out the victor so he can, without a doubt, be dubbed Hulk's superior.

um, its not just the case vs thor though...hulk vs sentry was the same. are you saying hulk affects sentry's pride as well?

Defacto Leader of the KMC VS Resistance Movement

Old Post Feb 24th, 2010 01:52 PM
Starscream M is currently offline Click here to Send Starscream M a Private Message Find more posts by Starscream M Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Just how much does speed and reflexes effect a match up when compared to things such as power, strength, durability, intellect, versatility, etc?

i think it's just as important as the others. the only problem that all the speed in the world won't help you if you can't (or in some cases won't) apply it properly.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Feb 24th, 2010 01:52 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Warlord
Yes, I am...

Originally posted by Starscream M
thor's godblast is useless in fights against mobile fighters...he has to charge it and aim it....virtually anyone with any speed would avoid it

except he can do it omnidirectional like in his fight with Durok

Old Post Feb 24th, 2010 01:53 PM
Warlord is currently offline Click here to Send Warlord a Private Message Find more posts by Warlord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Starscream M

Originally posted by Warlord
except he can do it omnidirectional like in his fight with Durok
was it a godblast? I would like to see the scan if possible. and it must not be completely omnidirectional or it would hit himself.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2010 01:57 PM
Starscream M is currently offline Click here to Send Starscream M a Private Message Find more posts by Starscream M Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Starscream M

Originally posted by -Pr-
i think it's just as important as the others. the only problem that all the speed in the world won't help you if you can't (or in some cases won't) apply it properly.
superman can and would in a kmc fight imo.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2010 01:57 PM
Warlord
Yes, I am...

was it a godblast? I would like to see the scan if possible. and it must not be completely omnidirectional or it would hit himself.

how could it hit himself?
it was originating from his body...his own divine energies

Old Post Feb 24th, 2010 01:59 PM
Warlord is currently offline Click here to Send Warlord a Private Message Find more posts by Warlord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

superman can and would in a kmc fight imo.

depends entirely on who he's fighting.

eventually yes, he would have to, but sometimes he'll take a lot longer than he would with others...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Feb 24th, 2010 01:59 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Starscream M

depends entirely on who he's fighting.
well yeah...but if he's fighting someone who's going to present a challenge (ie Thor), I have no doubt Superman will resort to speed pretty early on in their fight

Old Post Feb 24th, 2010 02:04 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

well yeah...but if he's fighting someone who's going to present a challenge (ie Thor), I have no doubt Superman will resort to speed pretty early on in their fight

not really. For one, Thor is more likely to fight fair than say, Doomsday or Brainiac would, meaning Superman would want to fight fair too. If Thor started pulling out some magic and such, THEN (and only then) could i see Superman resorting to his speed.

and even then, he's bound to stand there and take a shot just to see if he can tank it, as he does with most people (and usually succeeds).

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Feb 24th, 2010 02:08 PM
Starscream M

not really. For one, Thor is more likely to fight fair than say, Doomsday or Brainiac would, meaning Superman would want to fight fair too. If Thor started pulling out some magic and such, THEN (and only then) could i see Superman resorting to his speed.

and even then, he's bound to stand there and take a shot just to see if he can tank it, as he does with most people (and usually succeeds).
I'm not sure why you would consider using superspeed as being unfair

sure, the fight starts off with them throwing punches, but eventually thor will unleash a energy attack or lightning storm...at that instant, superman goes superspeed to avoid it and then continues his speed to blitz thor

thats how I see it.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2010 02:12 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I'm not sure why you would consider using superspeed as being unfair

sure, the fight starts off with them throwing punches, but eventually thor will unleash a energy attack or lightning storm...at that instant, superman goes superspeed to avoid it and then continues his speed to blitz thor

thats how I see it.

because Superman is faster. If Thor wants to duke it out, then Superman would most likely decide to duke it out with him. Superman is reactionary, he's not the type to initiate something UNLESS its against a villain/person he's fought before. and by this, im assuming they've never fought before and we're not including JLA/Avengers.

no, he wouldn't. he'd stand there and see how much it hurts when it hit him. This is the guy that has taken the OB and Shazam's lightning. He can handle one blast of magical lightning to see how much it stings. After that? Sure, he'd dodge it.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Feb 24th, 2010 02:15 PM
Starscream M

stop underrating superman, Pr!

Old Post Feb 24th, 2010 02:16 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

stop underrating superman, Pr!

this isn't a tourney or a "he'll fight how you want him to fight" situation.

Superman's character will always come in to play, as will Thor's and anyone else's...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Feb 24th, 2010 02:16 PM
Starscream M

this isn't a tourney or a "he'll fight how you want him to fight" situation.

Superman's character will always come in to play, as will Thor's and anyone else's...
well, I don't see it as out of character for superman to use speed offensively...god knows aside from flash, I know of no character who uses superspeed as effectively or as often as superman.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2010 02:20 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

well, I don't see it as out of character for superman to use speed offensively...god knows aside from flash, I know of no character who uses superspeed as effectively or as often as superman.

he only uses it when he absolutely has to, though, which is the thing. When you can take the beating Superman can and still stand there trying to talk someone down (which has worked in the past), you don't necessarily need to blitz them.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Feb 24th, 2010 02:22 PM
Philosophía
"The devil made me do it"

In order to see how important it is, you just have to look at a few threads where one of the character has it and the other one doesn't, and make your conclusion based on the losing side's desperate stance.

“Perhaps this is the ultimate freedom. The freedom to leave.”

Old Post Feb 24th, 2010 02:24 PM
Philosophía is currently offline Click here to Send Philosophía a Private Message Find more posts by Philosophía Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Badabing
Karen

Not a vs thread but a question thread. Moving.

You've just been Trump'd!

Official pimp of Steverules

Sig by Steve Rules

Old Post Feb 24th, 2010 03:52 PM
Badabing is currently offline Click here to Send Badabing a Private Message Find more posts by Badabing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deadline

anything from this century?

His fight with Moongoose?

Old Post Feb 24th, 2010 05:35 PM
Deadline is currently offline Click here to Send Deadline a Private Message Find more posts by Deadline Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kgkg
Vigilante

so does the fact that hulk does so well against much more mobile heralds in comics mean he would have the same success on KMC?
He won't have the same success because we don't allow PIS which is the reason why people see Hulk as a nobody on these forums especially when his opponents can fly or are fast etc. Also there is always the BFR which hardly occurs in comic books.

KMC rules favor some characters and handicaps others.

Example for characters that benefit : Lanterns , Surfer , Thor , Flash
example of character being hurt on KMC: Hulk , Superman , Wolverine etc.

Stay Thirsty, My Friends.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2010 08:22 PM
kgkg is currently offline Click here to Send kgkg a Private Message Find more posts by kgkg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
I agree with Kg. At this point, writers most definitely think about telling the story first and foremost.

They've always cared about that, most just think they want to be "accurate" to the character's histories and they don't. I've been saying that.

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Old Post Feb 25th, 2010 06:56 AM
Tha C-Master is currently offline Click here to Send Tha C-Master a Private Message Find more posts by Tha C-Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote