KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Role Playing » Star Wars: Role Playing » Dark Side Leadership Discussions

Dark Side Leadership Discussions
Started by: Peach

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Peach
mordrem

Dark Side Leadership Discussions

Okay, Ush suggested in the interlude thread that we try and figure out some sort of long-term plans in this area, and that maybe we should make a thread on it.

Which I think is a good idea because while most of us can get together regularly on MSN to try and work things out, I think it'd be easier to keep track of things if it's all together in a thread on here, plus then it'll be easier for the fact that we're not all in the same time zones and not everyone's available at the same times, which can make MSN difficult.

We've got this idea so far:

quote: (post)
Originally posted by REXXXX

Also, as I'm sure Ush intended, this really displayed how poorly we are doing on the matter of working as a group and having a means of putting each other in checks and balances.

I think we need to consider putting a leadership system back in order... but instead of picking one person, maybe we could set up a 'council' of sorts, where one person takes control for a limited amount of time? It might not even get out the gate because Galder, having suggested it, would want to be 'President of the Dark Side' first. But it'd at least curb the Animosity of the group to have some sort of command system going...

It's similar to something that one of us mentioned on MSN yesterday. We've already shown that we can't function with just one person in charge. Personally, though it's going to probably take more than simply what Rex said there, some sort of 'council' thing may work out the best.

Of course, there is the issue there of someone deciding to oppose someone else simply because they can, and of course whoever being in 'charge' just wanting people who normally ally themselves with them anyway.

But yeah. We are like...getting worse and worse at this working together without any sot of structure thing. And quite honestly, I don't want animosity to get so high again that we have xp penalties. Sure, driving things to that point may be fun, but once we actually hit that penalty point, it kinda sucks.

And we can still be just as entertaining as we usually are even with some sort of leadership structure in place stick out tongue

Also, Rand is not allowed to be in charge happy

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Feb 27th, 2010 05:20 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Remember that Rand MUST always work to overthrow any structure where he does not have the most power; he must show to me each game he is doing this.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Feb 27th, 2010 05:22 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

I think Rand should be n charge. Personally I would accept a triumvirate of Rand, Galder and perhaps Rianna or another third. Obviously there would be opposition within that group but we need something at the top that has a united decision ultimately. So that things like the Dak - Gallador thing can be solved without a duel or the unlikely kindness of one of the group.

Con also wants to be the third should that happen

Old Post Feb 27th, 2010 07:08 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General Kaliero
F = ma, beeyotches.

I agree with the council of three thing, Galder representing the physical types, Rand representing the Force-focused, and a third, probably voted in by the rest, or someone not on either side, if one exists. That way, both sides would get their ideas heard, with majority rules.

WARNING: The above post may contain sarcasm and/or sophisticated satire. Any psychological damage sustained is purely your fault.

Old Post Feb 27th, 2010 10:27 PM
General Kaliero is currently offline Click here to Send General Kaliero a Private Message Find more posts by General Kaliero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

I want to point out, that in the current state of things, Rianna is not happy with being simply a killer and wants to prove herself capable of other things - and hence to be more useful than she currently is. So I say if we do something like that, she should be a part of it. Because really, when it comes down to it, it's only Rand that she straight-out hates. Everyone else - even Gallador who annoys her immensely - she can deal with and listen to. And she has no interest in actually running things herself (which I'm sure I've made clear before, she's definitely not a leader-type) so if we do wind up with one person actually in charge, she's not going to try and take over. She just may be greatly displeased.

Also she's one of the few that's been around since the start of this campaign so haha, seniority stick out tongue

Old Post Feb 27th, 2010 10:33 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

I don't necessarily disagree, I just think that two psychos might get more opposition, I am sure Gallador, Azarl and Rand wouldn't approve.

Old Post Feb 28th, 2010 12:18 AM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Actually I don't think Azarl would care too much. And Gallador is always trying to get Rianna to cooperate with him. And Rand has made many a comment about wanting Rianna to help him if he's in charge stick out tongue

Old Post Feb 28th, 2010 12:20 AM
Bardock42

Originally posted by Peach
Actually I don't think Azarl would care too much. And Gallador is always trying to get Rianna to cooperate with him. And Rand has made many a comment about wanting Rianna to help him if he's in charge stick out tongue

Well, I guess it is important to see if the group agrees. Con would definitely follow a Galder/Rand/Rianna leadership.

Old Post Feb 28th, 2010 12:22 AM
Bespin Bart
Buggy

You could go with that 'council of three groups' thing because you couldn't have ties in the votes, and you could put an equal number of people in each group to vote amongst themselves on the overall vote, and you could cycle through said people to put one person in charge of each group at a different time?

Complicated but it gets the whole voting thing down.

THIS IS WHAT WE'VE WAITED FOR
THIS IS IT, BOYS, THIS IS WAR!

Old Post Feb 28th, 2010 09:15 AM
Bespin Bart is currently offline Click here to Send Bespin Bart a Private Message Find more posts by Bespin Bart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General Zink
Bane

As a person and player I am more than happy to organize some sort of system for leadership and management of the group, but as a Rand I am going to be compelled to ruin it all until I am in charge.

Having three groups of three people would work... though the Psychos have four by nature.

I wish to note that Kuylen's method of controlling such a large group of Dark Jedi was threatening to kill anyone that disagreed with him. Interesting that we'll need to step away from that.

Old Post Feb 28th, 2010 09:22 AM
General Zink is currently offline Click here to Send General Zink a Private Message Find more posts by General Zink Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Melkor

Hm, I quess Gallador is too much associated with Rand to get to this council?

Alternatively, Con could be the third. He seems most impartial person in this group, allegiance-wise.

And Xavier has strange habit of being not sellfish and working for the benefit of group.

So, consider Galder/Rand/Con or Rand/Galder/Xavier.

Though Gallador would point out that he is the best talker in the group, and would serve well as face-man, for example with Epireans.

Yet the lies that Melkor, the mighty and accursed, Morgoth Bauglir, the Power of Terror and of Hate, sowed in the hearts of Elves and Men are a seed that does not die and cannot be destroyed; and ever and anon it sprouts anew, and will bear dark fruit even unto the latest days.

"… his name is Melkor, Lord of All, Giver of Freedeom, and he shall make you stronger than they."
Sauron to Ar-Pharazôn

Last edited by Lord Melkor on Feb 28th, 2010 at 10:00 AM

Old Post Feb 28th, 2010 09:54 AM
Lord Melkor is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Melkor a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Melkor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

Originally posted by General Zink

I wish to note that Kuylen's method of controlling such a large group of Dark Jedi was threatening to kill anyone that disagreed with him. Interesting that we'll need to step away from that.

As I understand it Kuylen was a lot more powerful than any one of his followers, it was probably an easier option for him since he would have bested anyone in a duel, while within our group it could potentially go either way between most.

Old Post Feb 28th, 2010 10:46 AM
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

Originally posted by Lord Melkor

And Xavier has strange habit of being not sellfish and working for the benefit of group.

So, consider Galder/Rand/Con or Rand/Galder/Xavier.
True Xavier is an odd ball in this group stick out tongue

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Feb 28th, 2010 02:25 PM
Newjak is currently offline Click here to Send Newjak a Private Message Find more posts by Newjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General Kaliero
F = ma, beeyotches.

Hmm... Con is largely impartial... and yes, Xavier has lately been doing things for the good of the group.

Good assets for both to be in the council...

WARNING: The above post may contain sarcasm and/or sophisticated satire. Any psychological damage sustained is purely your fault.

Old Post Feb 28th, 2010 06:58 PM
General Kaliero is currently offline Click here to Send General Kaliero a Private Message Find more posts by General Kaliero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Melkor

So Rand and Galder are pernament members of the third people Council, as the most powerful in our group, and the third person will alienate, starting with Con, maybe. How do you like it?

Yet the lies that Melkor, the mighty and accursed, Morgoth Bauglir, the Power of Terror and of Hate, sowed in the hearts of Elves and Men are a seed that does not die and cannot be destroyed; and ever and anon it sprouts anew, and will bear dark fruit even unto the latest days.

"… his name is Melkor, Lord of All, Giver of Freedeom, and he shall make you stronger than they."
Sauron to Ar-Pharazôn

Old Post Feb 28th, 2010 07:11 PM
Lord Melkor is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Melkor a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Melkor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

I think Galder would be down with that. In order for it to be fair we would have to cycle through leaders I think. Galder heads his group, then Rianna takes a turn, then Dak. Leadership could be voluntarily given up if someone didn't want it.

Old Post Feb 28th, 2010 07:41 PM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Melkor

One person in charge?

Does it leave too much to chance? Majority vote would be more reasonable.

Sauron to Ar-Pharazôn

Old Post Feb 28th, 2010 07:43 PM
REXXXX
Networking

Each group would vote amongst itself and then the head honcho would submit the group vote. We have about nine players so three groups of three. With three voters, it'd simplify things down to Psycho group and Rand group trying to get the tiebreaker vote from Neutral group.

Old Post Feb 28th, 2010 07:48 PM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Melkor

Would people not object to being put in arbitrary groups? I assume the Psycho group would be Galder, Rand and Rianna, Rand group Rand, Gallador and Azarl, neutral: Con, Xavier and Raelle? If you think that there is "Rand`s group" that it does not make sense for Rand to not be pernament council member.

Sauron to Ar-Pharazôn

Old Post Feb 28th, 2010 07:52 PM
REXXXX
Networking

I guess that'd Forcie group. If it curbed Rand's megalomania by making him a permanent council member, I guess that could be decided upon.

Last edited by REXXXX on Feb 28th, 2010 at 09:07 PM

Old Post Feb 28th, 2010 08:10 PM