KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Role Playing » Star Wars: Role Playing » USH'S STAR WARS GAME- CAMPAIGN II EPISODE V (LIGHT SIDE)- Harmony

USH'S STAR WARS GAME- CAMPAIGN II EPISODE V (LIGHT SIDE)- Harmony
Started by: Ushgarak

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (328): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Bespin Bart
Buggy

Xeth will be at the Tomb with Sunda, ready to leap into action.

"Remember, Sunda, just like we told you..." Xeth says. "I know your Master said 'no killing,' buuut I feel like that'll be difficult to achieve here. You and I can make a beeline for the head honcho that's coming up with them... killing him would probably be a good idea for making them surrender."

THIS IS WHAT WE'VE WAITED FOR
THIS IS IT, BOYS, THIS IS WAR!

Old Post Mar 1st, 2010 10:47 PM
Bespin Bart is currently offline Click here to Send Bespin Bart a Private Message Find more posts by Bespin Bart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Brit
Duchess

Jelena will simply have her fighter ready, letting Roan do all the instructing for this space battle. All the flying about she did during their mission to undermine the pirates has given her the practice she needed, but she is still not largely confident about it.

Foresight for her predictive power.

Punch your lights out, hit the pavement
That's what I call entertainment
Causing problems makes you famous
All the silence makes a statement

Old Post Mar 1st, 2010 10:54 PM
Brit is currently offline Click here to Send Brit a Private Message Find more posts by Brit Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Vera21
Vera Vera Vera!

Do you want Vera-Kin to watch over Essallin, Jelena?

Vera-Kin will be located on the left flank.

Spend a point on Foresight.

Nice trick.

Old Post Mar 1st, 2010 11:29 PM
Vera21 is currently offline Click here to Send Vera21 a Private Message Find more posts by Vera21 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Craft
CTE

Wentar sits in his fighter, familiarizing himself with the ship's systems as he awaits Roan's orders. He partially wished he was in the Free Flier or even an Aluran Interceptor, these Jedi Fighters were too flimsy for his liking.

"Any minute now," he mutters to himself, as he starts going over the ship's systems again.

Old Post Mar 1st, 2010 11:46 PM
Craft is currently offline Click here to Send Craft a Private Message Find more posts by Craft Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Brit
Duchess

Yes, Vera. Essallin will stay with the wise old Jedi Master.

"These Jedi fighters will fly circles around those Interceptors," Jelena says. "Just be careful not to take too much heat. They're fragile, from what I can tell."

Punch your lights out, hit the pavement
That's what I call entertainment
Causing problems makes you famous
All the silence makes a statement

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2010 08:12 AM
Brit is currently offline Click here to Send Brit a Private Message Find more posts by Brit Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jovan
Forbidden Drag

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Lord Melkor
Law is very useful in certain situations....

Yes but I take that every item is useful in certain situations but what will be most usefull?

And Jovan will be in the tomb waiting together with the others.

Mr. Le Chiffre: No, I believe in a reasonable rate of return.
James Bond: Now the whole world will know you died while you were scratching my balls!

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2010 11:26 AM
Jovan is currently offline Click here to Send Jovan a Private Message Find more posts by Jovan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Craft
CTE

I don't think there is a 'most useful' skill. I say when in doubt, pick the skills that relate more to your character as a person or just save the XP till later. Take my picking up lying. I figure that Wentar, not a big fan of starting fights, would say just about anything to prevent them breaking out while working out on the rim.

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2010 11:45 AM
Craft is currently offline Click here to Send Craft a Private Message Find more posts by Craft Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jovan
Forbidden Drag

Perhaps taking up law and then the next time get a higher leadership... going the real diplomatic tour as it's clear I suck at fights.

James Bond: Now the whole world will know you died while you were scratching my balls!

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2010 11:51 AM
Jovan is currently offline Click here to Send Jovan a Private Message Find more posts by Jovan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Craft
CTE

You could always change that, save up for a new blade schtick. That's what I did to fix up for my original lack of defensive moves.

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2010 11:57 AM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

We're on.

Step by step, the strike force comes closer. You wait for them to come through the narrow entrance, so that escape would be extremely difficult...

And the signal is given. The fight is on- and at this same moment, in a dozen other places in the sector, other law enforcement officials are moving in to arrest the people you identified in your work.

Sunda steps lightly forwards as your force reveals itself.

"This is the Jedi!" he yells out in a ringing tone. "We are armed and you are surrounded!" He ignites his lightsabres "Put down your weapons and surrender to our authority!"

"Blast them!" yells out the pirate leader. You think you see Sunda smile...

-

As you see, we have a fair number of pirates! You'll have to help out the Agalanians. They are armed with standard blaster rifles, but each strike group has a leader carrying a rapid repeater rifle (represented by giving them Carnival of Carnage and a * rating) and a man carrying a rocket launcher.

Their leader looks serious- wearing body armour, carrying an elongated rifle with a targeting mechanism built into it that syncs with his artifical right eye, and a few fortune points too...

The entry area is pretty open ground. Everywhere else offers you a point of cover... though it's only stone and under this much firepower won't last long.

Get to it!

-----

PIRATE STRIKE FORCE GROUND BATTLE- Start of Turn 1

Entry Point

Strike Force Leader (G13): 1 (3 Melee)/0 [CG MM EE] (3F)

Pirate Strike Group A (G6) x40
Group A Leader (G7): 1/0 [CC]
Group A Rocketman (HW5): 0

Pirate Strike Group B (G6) x40
Group B Leader (G7): 1/0 [CC]
Group B Rocketman (HW5): 0

Pirate Strike Group C (G6) x40
Group C Leader (G7): 1/0 [CC}
Group C Rocketman (HW5): 0

Left Flank

Vlad (G9): 1 (1P ranged)/0 [BGu CC ES] [CH CL PS] (6F)

Vera (LS11): 2 (2A)/0 [BGu BL CL] [OGu RF] (10F)

Essalin (LS9): 3/0 [OGu] (6F)

Agalanian Guard (G6) x25

Right Flank

Gallagher (LS9): 1 (2A)/0 [BGu CL] (9F)

D'an (LS8): 1 (2A)/0 [BGu] (7F)

Agalanian Guard (G6) x25

Tomb Entrance

Xeth (LS11): 1 (2A)/0 [BGU CH PS] (6F)

Andro (LS12): 3/0 [OGu CL RI] [FGu/PS] (5F)

Jovan (LS10): 3/0 [OGu CL] (8F)

Sunda (LS12): 3/0 [OGu RF CL] [FGu PS] (5F)

Argo (LS8): 1 (2A)/0 [BGu] (5F)

Agalanian Guard (G6) x25

-----

As a reminder- or insturcton to those new to this- the notation is:

Name (current combat value): Defence/Damage taken [schticks loaded] [schticks not loaded] (Force points remaining)

Initiative is open from the first turn onwards, so be careful there too!

Remember to confirm your weapon/schtick load out at the very start of your move.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Last edited by Ushgarak on Mar 2nd, 2010 at 03:38 PM

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2010 03:17 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spidervlad
Renegade of Funk

Vlad comms in Andros real quick. "Watch an Athlete take care of a situation, Andros."

For Vlad it will be Carnival of Carnage, Charge, Eye of The Storm. He will take aim on two pirates while staying behind cover.

Made by Me! Click here to see my work or request a sig!

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2010 03:29 PM
Spidervlad is currently offline Click here to Send Spidervlad a Private Message Find more posts by Spidervlad Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

And at the same moment, you guys in space activate power and engines, and come screaming out from the moon!

One of you can also issue an arrest challenge, which will get a rude response. The freighters immediately begin a slow turn to get on an escape bearing!

In a change to the advertised schedule, we are tackling the freighters separately after all, giving us three sections in the battle to deal with. You must disable all three feighters. You don't need Payload to attack the freighters, though Deadshot still gives you extra damage. You get a free attack oin the freighters every time you win a round. Winning a round involves scoring more hits than the enemy.

This is quite a large battle- and the pirate force outnumbers you. Successes scored by the scarab fighters will be doubled... but those scored by the Pirates will be tripled. The scarabs will almost certainly lose each round... unless you guys even up the hits.

We don't track indivudal fighter numbers; each wing simply rolls its pilot pool each turn and inflicts that many successes (multipleid as described above) on the enemy. That pilot pool will be modified by comparative stat bonuses. The good news for you guys is that the net gain of the scarabs being slower but moe manoeuvrable is that they will get one extra die in all their rolls.

Your fighters are just as fast and MORE maneouvrable than the interceptors- much more so. You all get +3 onto all attack rolls against them! Yay! Watch it though- you can only take so much punishment, and with identical Thrust ratings, all damage will be inflicted simultaenously.

I need you to declare what sector of the battle you are helping in- you can change between turns- and then each turn you will encounter events. You may choose to encounter one or two events each turn. More events give you more opportunities to help the Agalanians... though also more opportunities to get shot up.

Pilot notiation is:

Fighter Type (Thrust Manoeuvre Pilot): Hits scored by this wing in this battle.

If one side scores too many hits over the course of the battle, its opponents will be defeated and the fighter wing will withdraw. Your hits add onto the hits scored by the Scarabs.

(Wentar- you might outfly the hell out of thse interceptors, but they are much harder to shoot down than Vultures, not being made of space-paper! Suddenly, a good amount of pool to nail these guys is handy, as if you meet one in an event you have to keep fighting them until they are downed- against the Vultures, you were almost certain to destroy them in one turn)

-----

PIRATE STRIKE FORCE SPACE BATTLE- Start of Turn 1

Left Side

P110 Interceptors (T5 M3 P5): 0

Scarab Fighters (T3 M5 P5): 0

Hits scored on freighter: 0

Centre

Right Side

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

BtVS

Last edited by Ushgarak on Mar 2nd, 2010 at 03:43 PM

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2010 03:34 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Craft
CTE

(Probably better to play it safe at first, just to test the waters, eh?)

Personally, I think Wentar and Roan should take the Left and Right areas respectively, while Denz and Jelena (Not sure if Kiu is still around) take the middle.

Unless we're wanting to focus our forces, but that'll leave the unattended wings vunerable.

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2010 03:51 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Incidentally, minimum advancement time will be one turn per day! I'll bank a maximum of one move.

Players inactive for long periods of time may find themselves shut out the story. If you are going to be away on a holiday or otherwise unavoidably detained, please let me know si I can structrure the story around it- really for your own benefit, else the strcuture is that you are not in it!

BtVS

Last edited by Ushgarak on Mar 3rd, 2010 at 11:04 AM

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2010 03:56 PM
Spidervlad
Renegade of Funk

(I wouldn't want to be the first one to charge in and get shot at by fourty pirates stick out tongue)

Made by Me! Click here to see my work or request a sig!

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2010 04:04 PM
Spidervlad is currently offline Click here to Send Spidervlad a Private Message Find more posts by Spidervlad Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

They will be exchanging fire with the Agalanians as well.

BtVS

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2010 04:21 PM
Jovan
Forbidden Drag

A little bit more pirates than I thought...

Just a stupid question... the pirates are mooks but the leader & rocket launcher guy are supermooks, right?

and how is friendly fire measured? I mean, if the Jedi storm out while everyone is shooting, is there a chance we'll get hit by friendly fire?

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2010 04:23 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Indeed yes.

In fact, the BIG leader is near enough a named character.

And no, don't worry about friendly fire.

BtVS

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2010 04:27 PM
Jovan
Forbidden Drag

Pffft, I don't want to spend force points this early in the game...

I'll wait to see what hte masters have to say.

If we move a turn a day, does that include today? Are you using your UK time or USA time?

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2010 04:52 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

I probably will start counting from tomorrow; me posting the start counts as today.

BtVS

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2010 04:55 PM