KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Role Playing » Star Wars: Role Playing » USH'S STAR WARS GAME- CAMPAIGN II EPISODE V (LIGHT SIDE)- Harmony

USH'S STAR WARS GAME- CAMPAIGN II EPISODE V (LIGHT SIDE)- Harmony
Started by: Ushgarak

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (328): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Jazzman_78
Jedi

(Alright! Let's get it on. Ush, Andro and Argo should be on the Right Flank, with Gallagher. Hey team. I want to put up this possible strategy: The Jedi from each flank should start by taking out the Strike Group Leaders and Rocketmen. They will do the worst damage to the Agalanians (and us) if they are left uncontrolled. Not that 120 pirates are anything to sneeze at, but the massed fire from the home team can go to work on them better if not getting CC'd and Rocket Blasted to death. Xeth could maybe focus on the Big Leader with Sunda keeping others off him? Then we can all go to town on the mooks.
Still, keep an eye on Agalanian casualties and the trasures, let's score light side point for keeping that at the minimum. Go team!)

Andro ignores Vlad's remark, but grins in spite of himself. Balanced or not, this is what Andro excells at. In his meditations regarding his history, Andro realised that his perspective was part of the problem. Don't take pride or satisfaction in defeating an enemy, take it in doing the Jedi's good work. He will not rejoice in the killing he is about to do, but the Defence of this planet's people and property, and that of many future planets, by bringing this one pirate clan to an end.

"Argo, follow me, we must take out their heavy weapons first!"

(I will go with the loadout posted Orthodox Guard, Cleave and Riposte. What is the feasability of dashing through the group to get to a leader or rocketeer first, defending only on the way? If the result is we just get toasted, we'll go tto the nearest enemies and start hacking our way there. I'll target the first two that get in the way.)

'Jedi are at their best when things don't go as planned.' - Anakin Skywalker, whom we now know never met Andro Fenris.

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2010 05:48 PM
Jazzman_78 is currently offline Click here to Send Jazzman_78 a Private Message Find more posts by Jazzman_78 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

You would have to kill at least five pirates before getting through to a group leader, and you have to kill a group leader and another 5 to get through to the boss.

Those of you on the left are up against group A, from the tomb are up against B, and on the right against C.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2010 05:57 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jovan
Forbidden Drag

I'm game for that plan but we have to get through those 5 first... with cleave it could be "relatively" easy. I just hoped we had some time before a new battle.

Mr. Le Chiffre: No, I believe in a reasonable rate of return.
James Bond: Now the whole world will know you died while you were scratching my balls!

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2010 06:35 PM
Jovan is currently offline Click here to Send Jovan a Private Message Find more posts by Jovan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tptmanno1
Life Ponder-er

Alright, I will go for the Right Flank, and tear into the Interceptors, I'm looking to make quick passes on them, taking advantage of the Jedi Righters superior handling.

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2010 07:12 PM
Tptmanno1 is currently offline Click here to Send Tptmanno1 a Private Message Find more posts by Tptmanno1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Vera21
Vera Vera Vera!

Vera-Kin would like Orthodox Guard, Reflection, and Cleave in.

"Concentrate your firepower on the pirates, we will handle the leaders," Vera-Kin says to the Agalanian guards, with their elegant uniforms and sleek rifles. She then comments to Vlad, "Cover me." Then Essallin, "Here we go."

Vera-Kin then races in, hopefully with the Padawan at her side, having already activated her lightsaber when the Jedi and Agalanians made themselves apparent to the pirates. As she closes, she reflects shots away from her, then leaps into the midst of the pirates, cutting into a pair with one spinning blow. She then deflects a shot away from her into a nearby pirate.

Nice trick.

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2010 08:53 PM
Vera21 is currently offline Click here to Send Vera21 a Private Message Find more posts by Vera21 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bespin Bart
Buggy

Schticks in- Close Quarters Gunman, Carnival of Carnage, Eye of the Storm.

To kick things off, Xeth is going to lug out his grenade launcher and send a sonic grenade flying into the mass column of pirates. He will be firing from cover.

THIS IS WHAT WE'VE WAITED FOR
THIS IS IT, BOYS, THIS IS WAR!

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2010 08:57 PM
Bespin Bart is currently offline Click here to Send Bespin Bart a Private Message Find more posts by Bespin Bart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bespin Bart
Buggy

Additionally, Xeth shouts to Sunda.

"Get to the Group Leader and the Rocketman!" Xeth says. "Take them out! I'll be right behind you."

THIS IS WHAT WE'VE WAITED FOR
THIS IS IT, BOYS, THIS IS WAR!

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2010 09:19 PM
Bespin Bart is currently offline Click here to Send Bespin Bart a Private Message Find more posts by Bespin Bart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alkaselzer
Thespian

"Alright, D'an, here we go," Gallagher says. For a moment he clutches his lightsaber, trying to decide if he truly is ready for this, then deciding that he must be. He ignites it second to last- D'an ignites his last- then moves with Andro into the pirates. When he is close enough, he takes a swipe at a pirate trying to shoot him, then in one stroke brings his lightsaber into another that is gunning for D'an.

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2010 09:23 PM
Alkaselzer is currently offline Click here to Send Alkaselzer a Private Message Find more posts by Alkaselzer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Brit
Duchess

Taking her cue from Roan, Jelena branches off to assault right down the center of the pirate strike fleet. She flips open the trigger mechanism on her control stick and glances down at the targeting computer. She only uses the computer as a point of reference; her senses tell her where to really put her shots and when to take them, allowing for more fluid flying than most pilots. Having studied the schematics for the P110 Interceptors, she is prepared to put her shots exactly where they need to go to blow them apart (thanks to Ruthless Hunter).

Jelena is going to take two events this turn, against the Center group of pirate interceptors.

Punch your lights out, hit the pavement
That's what I call entertainment
Causing problems makes you famous
All the silence makes a statement

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2010 09:30 PM
Brit is currently offline Click here to Send Brit a Private Message Find more posts by Brit Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jovan
Forbidden Drag

I'll be using cleave & orthdox guard of course

James Bond: Now the whole world will know you died while you were scratching my balls!

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2010 10:36 PM
Jovan is currently offline Click here to Send Jovan a Private Message Find more posts by Jovan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tptmanno1
Life Ponder-er

Oh yea...
I will offer the obligatory "You are under arrest, Surrender and we will not harm you." thing

And then when they get pissy, I will attack.
Also 2 events for me please.

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2010 11:45 PM
Tptmanno1 is currently offline Click here to Send Tptmanno1 a Private Message Find more posts by Tptmanno1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Craft
CTE

Kicking his ship in action at Roan's signal, Wentar races over to the Left Flank to lend his aid. This is going to be just as messy as the Control Ship attack on Alura, he thinks grimly.

One event this turn please.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2010 12:04 AM
Craft is currently offline Click here to Send Craft a Private Message Find more posts by Craft Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Opening roll is tied, which means you win initiative!

Vlad opens fire!- two kills! Those don't count in helping you get through to the leaders, I am afraid, but it does thin the numbers.

Andro is going straight in! He rolls 9 successes on his first attack, needing only four to cut down two opponents. Argo is at his side a moment later, breahting heavily as he rolls four successes and kills a foe. 3 down! Gallagher and D'an are there a moment later. Your old training is ingrained deep into your instincts, Gallagher. You deflect the bolt of a pirate trying to kill you, and he dies with an upwards slash. You had no choice- and he was given fair warning.

Likewise, Vera and Essalin come in on the other side, downing three targets. Essalin seems calm.

Xeth fires a heavy weapon blast into the midst of the pirates. His pool is noit buge though, and they are not THAT close together- he scores two kill, and nearly injures Jovan who was moving in. The explosion also rips the base out of one of the stone columns in the area, which then falls and misses Jocan by inches, collapsing in a huge pile of dust and sand. Whoa, Jovan! That bug's going to get you killed! Jovan, for his part, gets his two kills.

Sunda lept high into the air the moment the gunfire started. He taps Orthodox Guard and Reflection as he descends onto the central pirates, giving him two kills from Reflection.

When he lands, he spends a Force point on Twirl. This halves his die pool, but kills him a mook for each success he gets (up to four). With an Orthodox Guard tap, he makes that easily- and he gets an extra kill from Cleave on the firat attack also.

Sunda's sabres are already twirling as he lands- he goes down to one knee and spins around as he stands, and five pirates are dead in moments. He stares at the rocketman he just landed next to...

-

Now for the bad guys!

A furious exhange of fire begins between the pirates and the guard. THis first turn, with the guard in cover and the pirates not, the guard do well. The pirates are noit dumb droids though- they immediately spread out to the flanks for cover. Your kills against them still count though, four the purposes of getting through. They seem less willing to fight through frontwards, considering the sonic explosion followed by the whirling Sunda-of-death that way. Some stay in the middle, though, covering the rocketmen who stood to fire.

Vera, Essalin and Vlad are under fire from ten pirates. Andro, Gallagher, Argo and D'an are likewise. Yu take a scattering of hits. Vera scores a Reflection kill.

Those in the middle are only under attack froim four, and two of those died to Sunda's Reflection, leaving Xeth and Jovan under attack from one each. Xeth, in cover, is missed. Jovan takes a hit for 3.

The rocketmen fire at the Agalanians- heavy weapons are very effective on those in relativel soft cover. Those looking closely will note the look of contempt on Sunda's face as the man near to him fired rather than surrender.

The rockets hit with loud explosions, shattering more stone and sending more dust into the air. Agalanians scream and are thrown around like rag dolls.

The force leaders fire at the Agalanians this turn also, as they head into cover. Only oine of them socres two kills this turn though. Their repeater rifle shots are very distinct in the battlefield- rapidly firing tiny yellow energy spheres, hundreds at once, instead of the slower-firing elongated blaster bolts.

The leader spots Vlad sniping at this men, holsts his rifle to his shoulder and takes a shot. With Eagle Eye, he ignores Vlad's cover, and on 13 dice he rolls six successes for eight damage.

-----

PIRATE STRIKE FORCE GROUND BATTLE- Start of Turn 2

Entry Point

Pirate Strike Group A (G6) x10
Group A Rocketman (HW5): 0

Vera (LS12): 3/4 [OGu RF CL] [BGu BL] (10F)

Essalin (LS9): 3/6 [OGu] (6F)

Pirate Strike Group B (G6) x9
Group B Rocketman (HW5): 0

Jovan (LS10): 3/3 [OGu CL] (8F)

Sunda (LS12): 1/0 [OGu RF CL] [FGu PS] (4F)

Pirate Strike Group C (G6) x10
Group C Rocketman (HW5): 0

Andro (LS12): 3/4 [OGu CL RI] [FGu/PS] (5F)

Argo (LS8): 1 (2A)/1 [BGu] (5F)

Gallagher (LS9): 1 (2A)/1 [BGu CL] (9F)

D'an (LS8): 1 (2A)/2 [BGu] (7F)

Left Flank

Pirate Strike Group A (G6) x15
Group A Leader (G7): 1/0 [CC]

Pirate Strike Group B (G6) x10
Group B Leader (G7): 1/0 [CC]

Vlad (G9): 1 (1P ranged)/8 [CH CC ES] [BGu CL PS] (6F)

Agalanian Guard (G6) x13

Right Flank

Strike Force Leader (G13): 1 (3 Melee)/0 [CG MM EE] (3F)

Pirate Strike Group C (G6) x15
Group C Leader (G7): 1/0 [CC}

Agalanian Guard (G6) x12

Tomb Entrance

Xeth (HW6): 1 (1P ranged)/0 [CG CC ES] [BGU CH PS] (6F)

Agalanian Guard (G6) x15

-----

Next!

Please put all schtick swaps at the start of your submission.

Vlad- you can tap Eye of the Storm to cancel that hit.

Vera- you can tap Reflection to kill an extra Pirate.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

BtVS

Last edited by Ushgarak on Mar 3rd, 2010 at 11:01 AM

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2010 10:57 AM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jovan
Forbidden Drag

Hang on, I thought friendly fire didn't count??

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2010 11:10 AM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Meanwhile, up in space...

I made an error with my counting- the enemy interceptors are faster than you. This means they always fire first and your bonus is only +2. Meanwhile, I've put the armour scores in on the pilots.

We shall also be tracking kills rather than Hits for the purposes of fleeing. Hits still win rounds. The number after Pilots is now kills scored.

Ace notation is: Name of ship (Thrust Manoeuvre Pilot): Armour remaining.

Events!

-

Wentar:

Explosions

Thrust Test (Level 4). You try to clear the blast area as couple of ships explode around you. Take 4 damage if you fail.

Typical! Straight into trouble! Still, with a pool of 9 on this, you pass it easily. Didn't get a chance to help the battle though!

-

Jelena:

Closing In

You move in close to your opponent, ready for the kill. Fight normally, except you win initiative in the first turn and get a three dice attack bonus.

Oh, that's nice- 12 dice on your first round! You roll five successes, which would be one short of a kill... except you have Ruthless Hunter! A fine kill on round one, and adding six hits onto your side- for no damage!

Explosions

Thrust Test (Level 4). You try to clear the blast area as couple of ships explode around you. Take 4 damage if you fail.

Haha- probably your OWN caused explosion, that. Not much chance of failing tests like this in a Jedi fighter; you pass.

-

Roan:

Melee

In the swirling chaos of combat you and an enemy engage each other. Fight normally.

If you have Killer Instinct this event becomes a Closing In - You move in close to your opponent, ready for the kill. Fight normally, except you win initiative in the first turn and get a three dice attack bonus.

He fires first, getting you for 2. You return fire... rolling three successes, not a kill but reducing his amrour to 2. Fight another round! He gets you for one more damage, but this turn you roll four successes- that's a kill, against his remaining armour of 1! Six more hits in on your side.

Bombing Run

You and two other ships may commence a Bombing Run on a target this turn. Ignore if there are no valid targets.

And you are straight in on the freighter! You roll three successes, Roan, and the two Scarabs with you roll three between them. Six hits!

-

Now the battle rages on around you. Wentar, your Scarabs are fighting like mad, rolling four successes, double to eight! That's two kills (as Pilots vs. Pilots score kills just for matchiung enemy armour)

The pirates on your side roll appallingly- one successes, trebles to 3. One kill. Your side wins the round! You get a run on the freighter- you roll four successes, plus one for Deadshot is 5 damage!

Jelena, your pilots roll less well- two successes double to four; one kill. The pirates roll two successes as well, trebled to six- two kills. But your intervention means the round is won! You get a run on the freighter, and hit it for 3.

Roan- uh oh! bust from your piots this round; no successes. The pirates roll two, trebled to six. Two kills from them- and they win the round; no bonus attack for you!

-----

PIRATE STRIKE FORCE SPACE BATTLE- Start of Turn 2

Left Side

P110 Interceptors (T5 M3 A3 P5): 1

Scarab Fighters (T3 M5 A3 P5): 2

Hits scored on freighter: 5

Wentar's Fighter (T4 M6 P8): 40

Centre

P110 Interceptors (T5 M3 A3 P5): 2

Scarab Fighters (T3 M5 A3 P5): 2

Hits scored on freighter: 3

Jelena's Fighter (T4 M6 P7): 40

Right Side

P110 Interceptors (T5 M3 A3 P5): 2

Scarab Fighters (T3 M5 A3 P5): 1

Hits scored on freighter: 6

Roan's Fighter (T4 M6 P8) : 37

BtVS

Last edited by Ushgarak on Mar 3rd, 2010 at 11:43 AM

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2010 11:23 AM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Jovan
Hang on, I thought friendly fire didn't count??

Until someone starts using heavy weapons.

BtVS

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2010 11:23 AM
Craft
CTE

(Typical indeed! Next up is going to be No Room to Manoeuver and Boxed-in, in the same turn, I just know it. Also good to see Xeth starting things off with a bang (stick out tongue) and Sunda is a machine!)

Come on Wentar, you can do better then this, Wentar thinks, disappointed in himself, despite outrunning the explosion. "Keep it up guys, your doing great!"

2 Events this time please.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2010 11:37 AM
Craft is currently offline Click here to Send Craft a Private Message Find more posts by Craft Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spidervlad
Renegade of Funk

All alone on the left, eh?

Ush, eerybody last turn was able to move from cover and attack. Does that mean that with charge I can move up, attack, and then move back?

Made by Me! Click here to see my work or request a sig!

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2010 12:56 PM
Spidervlad is currently offline Click here to Send Spidervlad a Private Message Find more posts by Spidervlad Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

With Charge, yes, to those in your area. Means dropping your gun.

Normally your turn ends if you attack.

BtVS

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2010 03:39 PM
Spidervlad
Renegade of Funk

Time to get the leader. Vlad will tap CC, rapidly firing his rifle with a tap of the trigger. I will also tap Eye of the Storm, negating the damage done by the leader. Switch Eye of the Storm with Balanced Guard.

Made by Me! Click here to see my work or request a sig!

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2010 03:48 PM
Spidervlad is currently offline Click here to Send Spidervlad a Private Message Find more posts by Spidervlad Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote