KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Role Playing » Star Wars: Role Playing » USH'S STAR WARS GAME- CAMPAIGN II EPISODE V (LIGHT SIDE)- Harmony

USH'S STAR WARS GAME- CAMPAIGN II EPISODE V (LIGHT SIDE)- Harmony
Started by: Ushgarak

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (328): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Firing at what with CC?

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2010 03:49 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jazzman_78
Jedi

(New loadout: Orthodox Guard/Cleave/Perfect Strike
Then swap out the Tapped O-Guard for Forward Guard nex round.
Andro will go for another two mooks, because it looks like we only got 4 this time.
Good round guys, let's do it again. - Except for you Xeth, please don't hurt us! wink Vlad, we're 2-all. Sunda just made me realise what my Shticks should have been if I wanted to return to the CofC style. I think I'm stuck at two per turn, but with pretty good changes of getting the two most times.)

After downing two of the pirates, Ando casts a glance back at Argo in time to see the boy take down one of his own. Good, he didn't freeze up. Not an easy thing to do first time. Still, keep an eye on him. he thinks to himself. Then he snaps focus back to his own work, advancing for another pair of pirates.

'Jedi are at their best when things don't go as planned.' - Anakin Skywalker, whom we now know never met Andro Fenris.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2010 05:52 PM
Jazzman_78 is currently offline Click here to Send Jazzman_78 a Private Message Find more posts by Jazzman_78 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jovan
Forbidden Drag

same for me as last round

Mr. Le Chiffre: No, I believe in a reasonable rate of return.
James Bond: Now the whole world will know you died while you were scratching my balls!

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2010 05:59 PM
Jovan is currently offline Click here to Send Jovan a Private Message Find more posts by Jovan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Vera21
Vera Vera Vera!

No retro Reflect tap for me.

This turn, Vera-Kin is going to tap Orthodox Guard and Reflection this turn.

Much to the surprise of the pirates, Ver-Kin snaps a second lightsaber out of her robes and ignites it, throwing it into the chest of one, then hopping up and slashing through another. Then she pulls the second saber to her and her blades become a flurry of light as she intercepts incoming blasts, smacking the bolts back.

Nice trick.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2010 06:45 PM
Vera21 is currently offline Click here to Send Vera21 a Private Message Find more posts by Vera21 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jedireaper
PSN ID > DarkJedireaper

Just a question, but is Denz in this?

A long time have I waited for this, my little green friend!

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2010 07:11 PM
Jedireaper is currently offline Click here to Send Jedireaper a Private Message Find more posts by Jedireaper Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spidervlad
Renegade of Funk

Sorry, forgot to include that. I will tap CC to shoot at four regular pirates closest to me.

Made by Me! Click here to see my work or request a sig!

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2010 07:22 PM
Spidervlad is currently offline Click here to Send Spidervlad a Private Message Find more posts by Spidervlad Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

A bit late for Denz in the fight I am afraid, but there is room for him to join the story afterward.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

BtVS

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2010 07:25 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alkaselzer
Thespian

Did D'an kill anyone...?

Gallagher sighs as the pirate falls off his blade. He is ready for this part of being a Jedi, despite his past problems with violence. For his next target, Gallagher simply slashes at the pirate's trigger hand, then does the same to another.

"Are you alright?" Gallagher asks of D'an.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2010 09:34 PM
Alkaselzer is currently offline Click here to Send Alkaselzer a Private Message Find more posts by Alkaselzer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bespin Bart
Buggy

Xeth cringes as one of the stone columns falls and nearly lands on Jovan. He drops the grenade launcher and draws his sonic blaster, striding out onto the battlefield to shoot at pirates.

"Sorry!" Xeth shouts to Jovan as he moves into close quarters with the pirates.

THIS IS WHAT WE'VE WAITED FOR
THIS IS IT, BOYS, THIS IS WAR!

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2010 09:48 PM
Bespin Bart is currently offline Click here to Send Bespin Bart a Private Message Find more posts by Bespin Bart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Brit
Duchess

Jelena keeps up her efforts against the Interceptors, zipping through an explosion after destroying her first target. She goes after more, trying to carve a path to the freighter for the Scarabs.

Two events for Jelena.

Punch your lights out, hit the pavement
That's what I call entertainment
Causing problems makes you famous
All the silence makes a statement

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2010 11:31 PM
Brit is currently offline Click here to Send Brit a Private Message Find more posts by Brit Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tptmanno1
Life Ponder-er

I will also take 2 more events as Roan weaves in and out of the battle.

Old Post Mar 4th, 2010 07:07 AM
Tptmanno1 is currently offline Click here to Send Tptmanno1 a Private Message Find more posts by Tptmanno1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jovan
Forbidden Drag

"My bad for starting to like you!
Just keep on shooting those pirates."

James Bond: Now the whole world will know you died while you were scratching my balls!

Old Post Mar 4th, 2010 10:31 AM
Jovan is currently offline Click here to Send Jovan a Private Message Find more posts by Jovan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

The pirates win initative, as the hundreds of blaster bolts flying aroud blast chunks out of the ancient stone buildings.

Two kills for Vera as she Reflects away at her attackers- though one rolls rather well and hits her! They roll badly at Essalin, but she still takes 3 hits. Then both are caught in a rocket launcher explosion and fail to clear the area!

Jovan and Sunda are also in a rocket blast zone, but clear it safely. Sunda has been left a bit exposed by losing initiative this turn, and he'll just have to suck it up. Jovan takes a few hits too.

Andro stays untouched this turn, whilst the others there weather the storm rather well with their Balanced Guards. The rocket shot totally misses! That being so, we'll have it slam into a priceless stone statue at the edge of the battlefield.

Vlad finds 5 shooters blasting at him. He takes two hits, and his cover is destroyed. One of the leaders fires at him also, for an additional hit! The firestorm does not spare the Agalanians, who are blasted down all around you. Getting pretty warm here- let's see who comes to help you and the guard!

(Answer- no-one. Pay attention to the battlefield! You are doing well at killing the ones in front of you, but in a battle like this there is more to it. Your xp award will be reduced if Agalanian casualties are high. Meanwhile, Vlad is totally swamped! He even mentioned it in the thread.)

The guard on the other flank are being blasted down also. The pirate leader sees Vlad is rather picked upon already and so chooses another target- Xeth. He fires at Xeth and hits with five successes. He taps Eagle Eye to double those successes to 10, inflicting 13 damage. He then spends a Fortune point to immediately untap Eagle Eye.

-

Your go.

Vlad desperately blasts away to re-dress the balance, but with his targets now in cover he oinly scores two kills.

Andro gets two extremely easy kills and Argo a third. Gallagher louses up his roll and only kills one, with D'an getting another- you guys are clear to the rocketman!

Jovan cuts down a couple by Sunda's side. Sunda swaps in and taps Forward Guard, attack8ng the rocketman with 2 dice. He rolls 15 successes and inflicts 21 damage- decapitating the rocketman in one motion.

Vera and Essalin cut down three between them- clear for the rocketman!

I cannot process your instructions Xeth- I don't know where you are moving! That shooting from the pirate leader must have pinned you.

The guardsmen at the tomb entrance split their fire to try and help their comrades at the flanks.

-----

PIRATE STRIKE FORCE GROUND BATTLE- Start of Turn 3

Entry Point

Pirate Strike Group A (G6) x5
Group A Rocketman (HW5): 0

Vera (LS12): 1/10 [OGu RF CL] [BGu BL] (10F)

Essalin (LS9): 3/17 [OGu] (6F)

Pirate Strike Group B (G6) x7

Jovan (LS10): 3/16 [OGu CL] (8F)

Sunda (LS10): 1/16 [FGu RF CL] [OGu PS] (4F)

Pirate Strike Group C (G6) x5
Group C Rocketman (HW5): 0

Andro (LS12): 1/4 [OGu CL RI] [FGu/PS] (5F)

Argo (LS8): 1 (2A)/3 [BGu] (5F)

Gallagher (LS9): 1 (2A)/5 [BGu CL] (9F)

D'an (LS8): 1 (2A)/4 [BGu] (7F)

Left Flank

Pirate Strike Group A (G6) x8
Group A Leader (G7): 1/0 [CC]

Pirate Strike Group B (G6) x6
Group B Leader (G7): 1/0 [CC]

Vlad (G9): 1/11 [CH CC BGu] [ES CL PS] (6F)

Agalanian Guard (G6) x3

Right Flank

Strike Force Leader (G13): 1 (3 Melee)/0 [CG MM EE] (3F)

Pirate Strike Group C (G6) x10
Group C Leader (G7): 1/0 [CC}

Agalanian Guard (G6) x6

Tomb Entrance

Xeth (G8): 1 (1P ranged)/13 [CG CC ES] [BGU CH PS] (6F)

Agalanian Guard (G6) x15

-----

Move it on!

BtVS

Last edited by Ushgarak on Mar 4th, 2010 at 12:07 PM

Old Post Mar 4th, 2010 11:41 AM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Back in space...

-

Wentar:

Melee

In the swirling chaos of combat you and an enemy engage each other. Fight normally.

Here we go!

He gets yoiu for a couple on the firat pass, and you only glance him. He gets you for two more on the second pass, before you blow him to pieces.

Refresh

All discards are shuffled back in. Draw again.

On Your Six

An enemy fighter has got onto your tail. Fight your opponent but ignore any bonuses from have better or superior Thrust / Manoeuvrability and your opponent fires first.

Uhoh! Though actually in this fight, the same as a melee. This one gets you for three before you down him.

-

Jelena

No Room to Manoeuver

Situation: With ships all around you it is hard to manoeuvre. Reduce Manoeuvrability by two.

Uh-oh- that means you now get no bonus against the Interceptors for the next three rounds! We also draw again.

Closing In

You move in close to your opponent, ready for the kill. Fight normally, except you win initiative in the first turn and get a three dice attack bonus.

Handy! But you don't get the kill on the first pass. He gets you for two before you kill him.

Wingman

Situation: Do not draw a card. Instead, you get one turn of combat to destroy another fighter. If you succeed, you also prevent one Mook on your side being destroyed this turn (reduce hits appropriately).

Failed, I am afraid! One short- if only you'd had that bonus...

-

Roan:

Boxed In

Situation: With some many ships in close proximity you cannot use full thrust. Reduce Thrust by two.

Oh bugger, that wipes out YOUR pool bonus for the next three turns as well... We draw again!

Closing In

You move in close to your opponent, ready for the kill. Fight normally, except you win initiative in the first turn and get a three dice attack bonus.

Just like Jelena, you bemoan your pool loss as you take two turns to down him. He only hit you for 1, though.

Wingman

Situation: Do not draw a card. Instead, you get one turn of combat to destroy another fighter. If you succeed, you also prevent one Mook on your side being destroyed this turn (reduce hits appropriately).

Spookily like Jelena- another fail!

-

Wentar's Wing is doing well as the pirates roll 1 tripled to three, and the Agalanians roll 2 doubled to 4. A kill a-piece, but a clear round win for Wentar as he hits the freighter for another 4!

Harder for Jelena- a total of six hits from the pirates, fur from the Agalanians. She fails to save the kill from the pirates this turn- but the round is still won. He lands a couple of hits on the freighter.

No result on Roan's side- both sides seem to be rather cagey! No-one for you to have saved, that being so- phew! Roan's efforts alone win the round and he gets 3 hits on the freighter.

-----

PIRATE STRIKE FORCE SPACE BATTLE- Start of Turn 3

Left Side

P110 Interceptors (T5 M3 A3 P5): 2

Scarab Fighters (T3 M5 A3 P5): 5

Hits scored on freighter: 9

Wentar's Fighter (T4 M6 P8): 33

Centre

Scarab Fighters (T3 M5 A3 P5): 3

Hits scored on freighter: 5

Jelena's Fighter (T4 M6 P7): 38

Right Side

Scarab Fighters (T3 M5 A3 P5): 2

Hits scored on freighter: 9

Roan's Fighter (T4 M6 P8): 36

BtVS

Old Post Mar 4th, 2010 11:57 AM
Spidervlad
Renegade of Funk

Ouch. Vlad's is going to swap CC with Cleave, and charge into the fray, tapping Balanced Guard. He's goin to engage the nearest pirates and blow a force point on twirl on three of the pirates. Also, charge is kind of useless now so Vlad is going to go ahead and tap it to have initiative.

Old Post Mar 4th, 2010 12:08 PM
Spidervlad is currently offline Click here to Send Spidervlad a Private Message Find more posts by Spidervlad Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

I'll note that if the pirates win initiative, though note you can also tap it for +6 dice on an attack if you want to save it for a big guy.

BtVS

Old Post Mar 4th, 2010 12:15 PM
Jovan
Forbidden Drag

Me or Sunda can go help out Vlad, we only have 7 pirates to go.

Also, one or to from the group attack C might be able to go the right flank where the guards are being slaughtered.

Old Post Mar 4th, 2010 01:53 PM
Spidervlad
Renegade of Funk

Your right Ush, I'll save it for the big guys.

A bit too late Jovan, all the Algaganians are already pretty much dead. I think it'll be better if you quickly finish off the big guys and the leader first.

Old Post Mar 4th, 2010 02:25 PM
Craft
CTE

(Seems today is a day for my brain to implode, what with various other events and coming home to see Boxed In and No Room to Manoeuver drawn, but not on Wentar...)

That was a close one, Wentar notes, as he takes down the fighter that was on his tail, before making another run on the freighter.

Lets push it a little more while I still have the advantage, two more events please.

Jelena and Roan those disadvantages can be a real kick in the teeth, I played that game in Battlefield. Perhaps 1 event moves are in order until the penalties clear?

Last edited by Craft on Mar 4th, 2010 at 02:46 PM

Old Post Mar 4th, 2010 02:44 PM
Craft is currently offline Click here to Send Craft a Private Message Find more posts by Craft Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jazzman_78
Jedi

(Whoops! I didn't notice how we'd all been moved around. The way the pirate groups split threw me. Let's all take a good quick think on this before we post moves. We need to shuffle. Here's a summary:

Entry Point
8 Jedi - 19 Pirates

Left Flank
1 Jedi - 3 Guards -vs- 14 Pirates - 2 Pirate Group Leaders

Right Flank
6 Guards -vs- 10 Pirates - 1 Pirate Group Leader - 1 Strike Force Leader

Tomb Entrance
1 Jedi - 15 Guards

I think it's time some of us are going to have to soak up some damage. Here's what I propose:
Andro will move back to the Left Flank to support Vlad and the remaining Agalanians, leaving Argo, Gallagher, and D'an to clean up 5 pirates and a rocketman. Judging by the last two turns, this shouldn't go too badly for them.

Someone needs to put away the boom boom and get out their flashlight wink and take on that nasty group owning the Right Flank.

I would suggest that one of Vera, Jovan or Sunda break off to help with either or the Flanks, but you guys are the hardest hit so far so losing a number among you might be a bit rougher in the next rounds... Your call of course.

I'll wait for a few opinions on this before posting Andro's actions later tonight. This plan spreads us a little thin, but bunched up as we are that the Entrance Point, we're forcing the brunt of the casualties on the locals. We're tough, we can take it, right?
The part I worry about is, does relocating cost a round of lost fighting time? or is the area small enough that we can choose to move to another area and still attack that turn?

(edit- Just did some math. Overall, and not counting ny leaders, there are 'only' 43 pirates left. There are 10 Jedi, so just over 4 per saber-wielder. That's only 2-4 more rounds, so if damage doesn't get out of hand we should be OK. That doesn't account for the Leaders damage of course, but there are still 24 Agalanians left to take a few of the pirates off our hands. i don't feel too bad about splitting, as long as no one gets a major barrage of fire directed just at them. Thoughts?)

'Jedi are at their best when things don't go as planned.' - Anakin Skywalker, whom we now know never met Andro Fenris.

Last edited by Jazzman_78 on Mar 4th, 2010 at 05:54 PM

Old Post Mar 4th, 2010 05:49 PM
Jazzman_78 is currently offline Click here to Send Jazzman_78 a Private Message Find more posts by Jazzman_78 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote