KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Role Playing » Star Wars: Role Playing » USH'S STAR WARS GAME- CAMPAIGN II EPISODE V (LIGHT SIDE)- Harmony

USH'S STAR WARS GAME- CAMPAIGN II EPISODE V (LIGHT SIDE)- Harmony
Started by: Ushgarak

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (328): « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Are you attacking anything? You can move and attack, so you still have to use your banked turn. But are you paying attention to what others say you should target?

Clarity is exceptionally important in posting moves.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Last edited by Ushgarak on Mar 7th, 2010 at 01:40 PM

Old Post Mar 7th, 2010 11:23 AM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jazzman_78
Jedi

(That's cool. I'd rather guess a hint wrong than miss it altogwther. For clarity then, I lwill attack that Strike Force Leader. And we will send the Agalanians into the tombs or whatever cover they feel appropriate.
Game question - I have to swap out Cleave next round to get it untapped? Will it stay out until another refresh round then, assuming this fight lasts that long?)

'Jedi are at their best when things don't go as planned.' - Anakin Skywalker, whom we now know never met Andro Fenris.

Old Post Mar 7th, 2010 12:46 PM
Jazzman_78 is currently offline Click here to Send Jazzman_78 a Private Message Find more posts by Jazzman_78 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Indeed so- only swapped out powers untap.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

BtVS

Old Post Mar 7th, 2010 01:18 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Carrying on as before in space- following Wentar's directions.

-

Wentar:

Closing In

You move in close to your opponent, ready for the kill. Fight normally, except you win initiative in the first turn and get a three dice attack bonus.

Kaboom! A killer roll and you get him for free!

Coming to the Rescue

Thrust Test (Level 4). You race across to save a comrade. If you pass, one less Mook is destroyed on your side (reduce hits appropriately).

Passed! Good news.

-

Jelena

Collision Course

Manoeuvre Test (Level 6). You must swerve to avoid a mid space collision. Take 4 damage if you fail.

Fail! Doh! Took a knock there...

Melee

In the swirling chaos of combat you and an enemy engage each other. Fight normally.

If you have Killer Instinct this event becomes a Closing In - You move in close to your opponent, ready for the kill. Fight normally, except you win initiative in the first turn and get a three dice attack bonus.

Takes you two rounds to drop him- would have been 3 were it not for your schticks. 4 damage in return.

-

Roan:

Wingman

Situation: Do not draw a card. Instead, you get one turn of combat to destroy another fighter. If you succeed, you also prevent one Mook on your side being destroyed this turn (reduce hits appropriately).

Not a kill, I am afraid, and you take a hit.

-

Three successed from Wentar's pirates is nine hits and would be three kills, but Jelena saves one! One kill in return, but your efforts win this round easily, and you both make a run on the freghter...

... and there is a satisfying explosion! That freighter has lost main power. It's not going anywhere.

Not going as well in the centre- and Roan's group loses the round as well.

-

On the left side, though the pirates score two kills to the Agalanian's one, the Agalanians have reached 10 kill,s and this de-powers the pirates! They now only get double successes, and that part of the battle is likely to remain stable.

A similar result for Roan and Jelena!

-----

PIRATE STRIKE FORCE SPACE BATTLE- Start of Turn 6

Left Side

P110 Interceptors (T5 M3 A3 P5): 6

Scarab Fighters (T3 M5 A3 P5): 10

Freighter disabled!

Centre

P110 Interceptors (T5 M3 A3 P5): 7

Scarab Fighters (T3 M5 A3 P5): 7

Hits scored on freighter: 10

Wentar's Fighter (T4 M6 P8): 24

Right Side

P110 Interceptors (T5 M3 A3 P5): 6

Scarab Fighters (T3 M5 A3 P5): 8

Hits scored on freighter: 17

Roan's Fighter (T4 M6 P8): 35

Jelena's Fighter (T4 M6 P7): 25

-

The Scarab fighters by the disabled fighter can keep the pirates there busy whilst Jelena and Wentar re-route...

BtVS

Last edited by Ushgarak on Mar 8th, 2010 at 02:08 PM

Old Post Mar 7th, 2010 06:01 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

On the ground... nearly everyone moves in towards the left flank.

The bad guys win iniative... not that it does the Pirate leader much good, as aklthough he socres a hit on Adro for six, he triggers Andro's Riposte, and is hit back for 10!

Xeth and Vlad strike and kill their target amongst the pirate leaders. This leaves Sunda free to attack the big boss, which he does at Andro's side! As he does this with a Forward Guard tsap, you two inflict another 23 damage on him between you. That's too much for him! It is not certain who gets the kill, but he is certainly dead.

Battered, most of their leaders dead, and under fire now from superior Agalanian forces, the pirates are beaten. The last leader, with a scowl, throws his gun to the floor.

"Drop your wrapons!" Sunda yells, at the rest of them. "ON THE GROUND! NOW! HANDS BEHIND YOUR HEAD!" One of his sabres is pointed at the pirates, the other he holds, alert, by his side.

BtVS

Old Post Mar 7th, 2010 06:06 PM
Spidervlad
Renegade of Funk

"Listen to him! You are all under arrest, do not make this even worst for yourselves."

Vlad will turn his lightsaber off, looking at all the destruction and death on the battlefield while shaking his head slightly. This battle could have ended without as much casualties.

Made by Me! Click here to see my work or request a sig!

Old Post Mar 7th, 2010 07:22 PM
Spidervlad is currently offline Click here to Send Spidervlad a Private Message Find more posts by Spidervlad Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jovan
Forbidden Drag

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Ushgarak
Are you attacking anything? You can move and attack, so you still have to use your banked turn. But are you paying attention to what others say you should target?

Clarity is exceptionally important in posting moves.

Too late for me, but no I wasn't going to attack as by now everyone was trying to get the pirates to stop.

Can the Jedi feel that things are safe again? If it is, I'll turn my lightsabre off too, otherwise not.

Mr. Le Chiffre: No, I believe in a reasonable rate of return.
James Bond: Now the whole world will know you died while you were scratching my balls!

Old Post Mar 7th, 2010 09:21 PM
Jovan is currently offline Click here to Send Jovan a Private Message Find more posts by Jovan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jazzman_78
Jedi

As the dust settles and Sunda issues his commands to the pirates, Andro switches his saber off and takes a moment to consider the man he helped kill, and his followers. He briefly searches his feelings, and feels no joy. Scum all of them, there was pride of accomplishment: a Jedi's duty done; a dull feeling and nothing of the thrill he rememberd when Varm fell. Good. Maybe he was better after all.

Ando puts his hand on the shoulder of the young Padawan next to him, "Sunda, fine job. You're becoming a truly scary swordsman. You may want to meditate later on what that means coming from me, though. Come, let's clean up this mess." By the Force, what Roan's going to think of me saying THAT to his Padawan.

He turns away to take in the aftermatch. Argo!, his heart skips a beat, and he looks around to locate his young charge. As he does so, he calls out to the others.

"Let's get these people disarmed and rounded up, then help the Agalanians with their wounded; do any of us need attention? Someone needs comm Roan ASAP to let him know our battle is over."

'Jedi are at their best when things don't go as planned.' - Anakin Skywalker, whom we now know never met Andro Fenris.

Old Post Mar 8th, 2010 12:01 AM
Jazzman_78 is currently offline Click here to Send Jazzman_78 a Private Message Find more posts by Jazzman_78 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

It is at this point that much of the left side of the tomb complex explodes.

The wolrd is full of thunder and noise and debris. ALl players at the left side take ten damage and are knocked back, missing at least the next two rounds.

Debris flies out of the explosions, doing five damage to those in the other areas. Vera was moving towards the others at the time and misses a turn.

Gallagher- you would not have been harmed if you had gone to ground. As it is, you didn't move towards the left side last turn; you don't know why. The explosion knocks you to your feet and removes the sounds of the world into one great ringing silence.

Then- the sand. The explosion has thrown up an enormous sand cloud that envelops the field, leaving it a dark, choking, unseeable mess.

BtVS

Old Post Mar 8th, 2010 12:24 AM
Spidervlad
Renegade of Funk

It's never easy is it?

Can anyone make out or comprehend what just happened?

Made by Me! Click here to see my work or request a sig!

Old Post Mar 8th, 2010 12:45 AM
Spidervlad is currently offline Click here to Send Spidervlad a Private Message Find more posts by Spidervlad Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jazzman_78
Jedi

(Well, Andy, that answers your question... Awesome, I really thought we were through, there. Nice one Ush! I actually read the first sentence two or three times, 'cause I was like "Wait...wha? Aww crap.")

Andro world turned itself upside down, sideways and inside-out all at the same time. Literally stunned by the sudden and overwhelmingly violent change in his environment, Andro rushes to clear his face and his senses, to try to get his bearings.
"Sunda! Argo!" He tries to call out but cannot tell if he made any sound, because he himself heard none of it. What could have happened?

Old Post Mar 8th, 2010 12:53 AM
Craft
CTE

(Now I'm wondering if there will be any nasty surprises up here...)

Wentar notes the left side starting to get the upper hand and is immensely satisfied with how the battle it turning out now.

"We're almost done here, just a few more runs...," Wentar says, swinging his ship towards a group of pirates.

Two more events for Wentar. Maybe Jelena and Roan should bust out two events too, would probably polish off their side if things go well...

Last edited by Craft on Mar 8th, 2010 at 01:48 AM

Old Post Mar 8th, 2010 01:45 AM
Craft is currently offline Click here to Send Craft a Private Message Find more posts by Craft Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alkaselzer
Thespian

Ah... that's what I thought.

When the explosion happens, Gallagher understands the strange whisper of a sensation he received from the Force, and immediately regrets not having adhered to it. He is laid flat, his face smacking into the hard-packed sand. In the dazed moment where he lies flat, Gallagher does not move. With the sand having swept about him in an impassable haze, he forgets trying to call out to the others; he instead reaches out with the Force to see if he can sense D'an and where his Padawan is.

Once he locates him, he crawls toward his Padawan, keeping low and using his sleeve to keep the sand out of his nose and mouth.

Old Post Mar 8th, 2010 06:54 AM
Alkaselzer is currently offline Click here to Send Alkaselzer a Private Message Find more posts by Alkaselzer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Brit
Duchess

Jelena is less than pleased with the damage that her fighter has sustained, but she knows that quickness is the way to handle these pirates. They are accustomed to a quick retreat themselves, they must be dealt the same.

I hope Essallin is doing alright, Jelena thinks. I should have been down there with her...

Jelena then takes two events, racing over to Roan to assist him.

Punch your lights out, hit the pavement
That's what I call entertainment
Causing problems makes you famous
All the silence makes a statement

Old Post Mar 8th, 2010 07:03 AM
Brit is currently offline Click here to Send Brit a Private Message Find more posts by Brit Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bespin Bart
Buggy

Xeth's only response to the sudden explosion is "Oh shit" as he is flung from his feet.

THIS IS WHAT WE'VE WAITED FOR
THIS IS IT, BOYS, THIS IS WAR!

Old Post Mar 8th, 2010 07:08 AM
Bespin Bart is currently offline Click here to Send Bespin Bart a Private Message Find more posts by Bespin Bart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

"Master!" cries out D'an, somewhere near. "Master, what's happening?!"

You try and make anything out through the whirl of sand and dirt, Gallagher. D'an must be close; his voice sounds cracked and distorted but you can just about make him out. All other sounds are a mystery to you. Was that gunfire? Some pirates making a break for it? Most of them were in the blast zone too.

You can just make out the bright fiery cente of the explosion. One of the tombs exploded! But it's in the wrong place. It's nowhere near the Tomb of Renohan XXXI. Judging by the rumbling all around, the explosion has travelled underground in the tomb complex too.

BtVS

Last edited by Ushgarak on Mar 8th, 2010 at 08:21 AM

Old Post Mar 8th, 2010 07:49 AM
Alkaselzer
Thespian

"I don't know!" Gallagher shouts to D'an, making his way toward the voice of his student, reaching out with his senses.

So it wasn't the Tomb we were protecting... so it couldn't have been the pirates!

Old Post Mar 8th, 2010 08:03 AM
Alkaselzer is currently offline Click here to Send Alkaselzer a Private Message Find more posts by Alkaselzer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Well, you find D'an; blinking and disorientated.

Vera, you are starting to get to your feet now also, taking in the situation. Which is that you cannot see a darn thing.

BtVS

Old Post Mar 8th, 2010 08:22 AM
Alkaselzer
Thespian

Gallagher helps D'an to his feet, coming out of the sand like a phantom. He activates his lightsaber, granules of sand melting against it and creating a burning trail behind his weapon.

"D'an, we must go," Gallagher says. "Whatever just happened, it wasn't the pirates. Other forces are at work here. Come!"

Gallagher wants to move toward the tomb that just exploded and ruined everything about our arrest.

Old Post Mar 8th, 2010 08:35 AM
Vera21
Vera Vera Vera!

Oh geez.

Vera-Kin is at least happy that she was not standing with everyone else. She checks on Essallin while recovering her lightsabers.

Nice trick.

Old Post Mar 8th, 2010 08:43 AM
Vera21 is currently offline Click here to Send Vera21 a Private Message Find more posts by Vera21 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote