KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Games 'Versus' Forum » Ganondorf & Link VS Ultimecia & Squall

Ganondorf & Link VS Ultimecia & Squall
Started by: No End N Site

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (20): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

@FA:
Cop out.

It's not PIS, because the plot didn't make her do something stupid to preserve the plot, the plot itself is just stupid. But it's canon, the POWAH OF LUV AND FWENDSHIPZ. no expression

It's just as viable a way to beat Ultimecia as the master sword is to beat Ganon.

Edit: Scenario does work.

Edit MOAR: One of Link's wishes was already for friendship, GG Ultimecia.

The moon and stars aren't just shades of lead

But you wouldn't know as you rest your head.

Last edited by ScreamPaste on Mar 6th, 2010 at 10:44 PM

Old Post Mar 6th, 2010 10:37 PM
ScreamPaste is currently offline Click here to Send ScreamPaste a Private Message Find more posts by ScreamPaste Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FinalAnswer
Flower

quote: (post)
Originally posted by ScreamPaste
@FA:
Cop out.

It's not PIS, because the plot didn't make her do something stupid to preserve the plot, the plot itself is just stupid. But it's canon, the POWAH OF LUV AND FWENDSHIPZ. no expression

It's just as viable a way to beat Ultimecia as the master sword is to beat Ganon.

For one thing, destiny stopped Ultimecia from destroying Squall and co.

Two, do you honestly think a simple emotion is capable of killing a being powerful enough to compress all of time and absorb a universe? Love and Friendship is a blatant plot device. no expression

Howdy!

Old Post Mar 6th, 2010 10:56 PM
FinalAnswer is currently offline Click here to Send FinalAnswer a Private Message Find more posts by FinalAnswer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

quote:
Two, do you honestly think a simple emotion is capable of killing a being powerful enough to compress all of time and absorb a universe? Love and Friendship is a blatant plot device.
According to her own game, yes. And the master sword is a blatant plot device too, what's your point? They're both canon. no expression

Old Post Mar 6th, 2010 11:11 PM
ScreamPaste is currently offline Click here to Send ScreamPaste a Private Message Find more posts by ScreamPaste Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

This is a total fail, because Link had the master sword. Which is stated directly in the game you're trying to use as evidence to be a failsafe for the triforce.

Fact 1. Friendship > Ultimecia.
Fact 2. Link could easily wish for friendship.
Faxt 3. Game over.

And Link will instantly know that thats what he has to wish for? And he'll be able to do this before Ultimacia absorbs the universe? And even then he and Ganon will be able to deal with base Ultimacia who can still stop time with a word (or not) and a bullet-timing gesture, right?

Ok, so I don't know much about Ganon, so he might be able to do the third one, but I really doubt that Link will A: know exactly what to do right at the start of the fight as and do it as fast as he can and B: be able to do it beore Ultimacia absorbs him and the entire planet in about 1 second.

Old Post Mar 6th, 2010 11:17 PM
Nephthys is currently offline Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

The triforce grants the one who possesses it whatever he desires. Link, as shown in the video Scenario posted, already desires friendship, he wins as soon as the fight starts because the triforce is already granting it without Link having to do squat. cool Even if neither side knows about the other, Link alone wins by virtue of already wishing for friendship in aLttP. This actually weakens the case for Ultimecia who;ll have no idea about her enemies and the threat they are if you play it that way.

Old Post Mar 6th, 2010 11:24 PM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Ok, Link MAAYBE survives Time Compression, but Ganon's a goner and team 2 thus proceed to kick the shit out of Link.

/thread.

Old Post Mar 6th, 2010 11:27 PM
Nephthys is currently offline Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MooCowofJustice
Too Far Gone

But friendship beats Ultimecia. So what kills Ganon? It sure as hell isn't Squall.

All hail Scythe, King of the Sigs.

Old Post Mar 6th, 2010 11:30 PM
MooCowofJustice is currently offline Click here to Send MooCowofJustice a Private Message Find more posts by MooCowofJustice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
No End N Site
Saikyo Pharaoh Sol Radguy

Originally posted by The Scenario

According to the Essence of the Triforce itself, Ganon made one wish, but due to poor wording the Triforce decided to screw him over. Link then goes on to make 16 freaking wishes.

What am I supposed to be gettin' out of this? I never said the Triforce wasn't powerful or that it couldn't grant more than 1 wish, It just can't grant ANY wish for ANYONE, EXACTLY how they ask it. If that were the case, there wouldn't be a Link to The Past, because Ganon would instantly rule the world and could not be defeated all with one wish. It just gives you a power boost that helps you make your wishes come true on your own

And the parts where it is said to be omniscient and omnipotent is stated to be just legend. Not to mention the Triforce is an object that can be taken away and used by who ever has it. Anyone in this thread can take the Triforce and use it.

And I swear I'm not gonna debate this any further, I just basically paraphrased that whole endin'. So what I say can't be wrong cuz the endin' just said it. So I'm not sayin' what you say is not true, just that it's not to the extreme degree it's being taken to.

Triforce does not = God, or wishing people dead, or wishing people to be weak, or wishing people away. It just helps IMMENSELY towards your heart's wish.

"Step back loser! Make way for the winner!"
-Anakaris-

Last edited by No End N Site on Mar 6th, 2010 at 11:35 PM

Old Post Mar 6th, 2010 11:30 PM
No End N Site is currently offline Click here to Send No End N Site a Private Message Find more posts by No End N Site Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

quote:
Ok, Link MAAYBE survives Time Compression, but Ganon's a goner and team 2 thus proceed to kick the shit out of Link.

/thread.
WAAAAAIT wait, how do they intend to "kick the shit" out of Link?

For one: Both Ganon and Link in this thread are high end reality warpers, and Ultimecia's screwed by Link's triforce powered friendship. (aLttP Link appears to be some kind of hippy.)

But uh, Squall's the least powerful character here, even without time compression and the triforces factored in, and Ultimecia's defeated by friendship. =|

How do they kick the shit out of Link?

Friendship > Ultimecia, and Squall can't fight them. no expression

quote:
Triforce does not = God

Technicly, as of WW, Triforce = 3 gods. One of which created the universe. This isn't that important though. Team 1 doesn't need power, really. Just friendship. Stock Link or Stock Ganon could easily take Squall after Ultimecia's out of the picture.

Last edited by ScreamPaste on Mar 6th, 2010 at 11:35 PM

Old Post Mar 6th, 2010 11:32 PM
MooCowofJustice
Too Far Gone

Originally posted by No End N Site
What am I supposed to be gettin' out of this? I never said the Triforce wasn't powerful or that it couldn't grant more than 1 wish, It just can't grant ANY wish for ANYONE, EXACTLY how they ask it. If that were the case, there wouldn't be a Link to The Past, because Ganon would instantly rule the world and could not be defeated all with one wish. It just gives you a power boost that helps you make your wishes come true on your own

And the parts where it is said to be omniscient and omnipotent is stated to be just legend. Not to mention the Triforce is an object that can be taken away and used by who ever has it. Anyone in this thread can take the Triforce and use it.

The Master Sword is stated to be a failsafe for the Trueforce. And it's been a while, but I think that it can only grant wishes for a pure hearted person.

This has never been proven. So far the only way we know of to take the Triforce from someone is to kill them or gather the three people who have the pieces.

Old Post Mar 6th, 2010 11:35 PM
MooCowofJustice is currently offline Click here to Send MooCowofJustice a Private Message Find more posts by MooCowofJustice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

quote:
WAAAAAIT wait, how do they intend to "kick the shit" out of Link?

Ultimacia stops time and shoves the Triforce up Links crack. no expression

You appear to be confused about teh whole Friendship> Ultimecia Time Compression thing, it doesn't make her spontaneously combust or anything, it just means she can't intantkill you. I mean, she still can instantkill you, just.... not that way.

quote:
For one: Both Ganon and Link in this thread are high end reality warpers,

It doesn't matter how high-end Ganon is, he's outmatched here.

Old Post Mar 6th, 2010 11:40 PM
No End N Site

Technicly, as of WW, Triforce = 3 gods. One of which created the universe. This isn't that important though. Team 1 doesn't need power, really. Just friendship. Stock Link or Stock Ganon could easily take Squall after Ultimecia's out of the picture.

It equals 3 Gods who are VERY POWERFUL, but are not like God, God. They are not the know everything do everything logically possible type of god. They are just almighty, all powerful. Which is still good.

Originally posted by MooCowofJustice
The Master Sword is stated to be a failsafe for the Trueforce. And it's been a while, but I think that it can only grant wishes for a pure hearted person.

This has never been proven. So far the only way we know of to take the Triforce from someone is to kill them or gather the three people who have the pieces.

The endin' said it can be used for evil as well.

And why can't the Triforce just be snatched from the one who holds it?

-Anakaris-

Last edited by No End N Site on Mar 6th, 2010 at 11:46 PM

Old Post Mar 6th, 2010 11:41 PM
No End N Site is currently offline Click here to Send No End N Site a Private Message Find more posts by No End N Site Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MooCowofJustice
Too Far Gone

Time Compression. This doesn't sound like Time stopping.

Old Post Mar 6th, 2010 11:41 PM
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

quote:
It doesn't matter how high-end Ganon is, he's outmatched here.

There's actually a huge can of worms to be openned there.

quote:
Ultimacia stops time and shoves the Triforce up Links crack.
Shame the triforce has the power of the goddess who created time. no expression

quote:
You appear to be confused about teh whole Friendship> Ultimecia Time Compression thing, it doesn't make her spontaneously combust or anything, it just means she can't intantkill you. I mean, she still can instantkill you, just.... not that way.
They can literally turn her into a frog if they wish, no time compressing them = need new plan.

quote:
It equals 3 Gods who are VERY POWERFUL, but are not like God, God. They are not the know everything do everything logically possible type of god. They are just almighty, all powerful.
No, they're not the almighty make a rock so heavy he can't even lift it, and then lift it anyway God. They /are/ very powerful, though, and imho, the three of 'em >>>> Ultimecia. Now each Ganon and Link have their power, and Link has a sword powered by them as well.

Old Post Mar 6th, 2010 11:44 PM
FinalAnswer
Flower

According to her own game, yes. And the master sword is a blatant plot device too, what's your point? They're both canon. no expression

Except the MS is a weapon designed to kill Ganon.

Love is an emotion no expression

And it was fate that kept Squall and co. alive.

I win.

Howdy!

Old Post Mar 6th, 2010 11:45 PM
FinalAnswer is currently offline Click here to Send FinalAnswer a Private Message Find more posts by FinalAnswer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

quote:
Time Compression. This doesn't sound like Time stopping.

She does it in Dissidia, when shes quite a bit weaker than when she compressed time. I assume Dissidia's still considered canon, right?

Old Post Mar 6th, 2010 11:45 PM
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

quote:
She does it in Dissidia, when shes quite a bit weaker than when she compressed time. I assume Dissidia's still considered canon, right?
Nope, the only one who ever argued it was canon was FascistCrusader, that I remember.

Even if it was, her own power without time compression would never compete with Nayru's.
quote:
Love is an emotion
Which in canon defeated Ultimecia. erm

Old Post Mar 6th, 2010 11:47 PM
MooCowofJustice
Too Far Gone

I don't think Dissidia is canon. It's like Brawl, only with Final Fantasy.

Old Post Mar 6th, 2010 11:48 PM
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

I'd like to point out, the mastersword isn't designed to kill Ganon, either, it just excels in that area.

Old Post Mar 6th, 2010 11:49 PM
No End N Site

No, they're not the almighty make a rock so heavy he can't even lift it, and then lift it anyway God. They /are/ very powerful, though, and imho, the three of 'em >>>> Ultimecia. Now each Ganon and Link have their power, and Link has a sword powered by them as well.
And I will not dispute that. You may be right, although, clearly some of your fellow KMC members disagree.

Originally posted by MooCowofJustice
I don't think Dissidia is canon.

It is NOT! NOT canon! I hate when people say that.

-Anakaris-

Last edited by No End N Site on Mar 6th, 2010 at 11:52 PM

Old Post Mar 6th, 2010 11:49 PM