KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Communications » News & Questions » Mass Forum Merge into the MDF

Do you want to see a mass forum merge?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Yes. I want a mass forum merge. 39 82.98%
No. The movie sub-forums are fine they way that they are. 6 12.77%
No opinion. 2 4.26%
Total: 47 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Mass Forum Merge into the MDF
Started by: Impediment

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
chomperx9
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by LanceWindu
Yeah, comics and anime would most definitely need to be separate.
i agree to do that

Old Post Mar 13th, 2010 11:44 PM
chomperx9 is currently offline Click here to Send chomperx9 a Private Message Find more posts by chomperx9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

What about discussing comic book movies in the MVF? I mean, it's already going on as we speak, but some people would argue that "even though it's a comic book film, it's still a movie, therefore we should be able to have a thread in the MDF".

Personally, I say that if the film originated from a comic book, then it should be in the CBM Forum.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Mar 14th, 2010 12:28 AM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

You heard it, Raz! What say you?

(Now we play the waiting game.)

Old Post Mar 14th, 2010 12:30 AM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Impediment
What about discussing comic book movies in the MVF? I mean, it's already going on as we speak, but some people would argue that "even though it's a comic book film, it's still a movie, therefore we should be able to have a thread in the MDF".

Personally, I say that if the film originated from a comic book, then it should be in the CBM Forum.

I disagree....You only have to see what happened with Watchmen to see the conflict that it creates. Some people didn't read and probably will never read the graphic novel...Does this mean that they deserve the "not a true Watchmen fan" nonsense that gets spouted....Are these people to exclude themselves from the discussion of the film simply because they don't know all the details of the comics?

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post Mar 14th, 2010 12:33 AM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

Matrix Forum should have been gone ages ago.

Old Post Mar 14th, 2010 01:17 AM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

Originally posted by jaden101
I disagree....You only have to see what happened with Watchmen to see the conflict that it creates. Some people didn't read and probably will never read the graphic novel...Does this mean that they deserve the "not a true Watchmen fan" nonsense that gets spouted....Are these people to exclude themselves from the discussion of the film simply because they don't know all the details of the comics?

Point taken. Let's keep comic book flicks separate, then.

Originally posted by WickedDynamite
Matrix Forum should have been gone ages ago.

Duly noted.

Old Post Mar 14th, 2010 01:48 AM
K.Diddy
DiddyWood Style

beer I dont see a problem with this

Old Post Mar 14th, 2010 03:15 AM
K.Diddy is currently offline Click here to Send K.Diddy a Private Message Find more posts by K.Diddy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
K.Diddy
DiddyWood Style

erm Sorry for the double post,but while we are ''sort of'' on the subject, Kmc is really like a animal on the side of the road slowly dying these days,I'm not sure why,but I think Raz needs to come up with some big plan before it's too late

Old Post Mar 14th, 2010 03:23 AM
K.Diddy is currently offline Click here to Send K.Diddy a Private Message Find more posts by K.Diddy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

Unlike most of us, Raz has a busy life outside of KMC. laughing out loud

Seriously, though, KMC is, indeed, in need of a re-boot, in a sense.

Consider this thread my attempt to help jump start it.

Old Post Mar 14th, 2010 03:25 AM
Vinny Valentine
Vinny Valentine

Too tired to respond in full.

I agree.

Old Post Mar 14th, 2010 04:20 AM
Vinny Valentine is currently offline Click here to Send Vinny Valentine a Private Message Find more posts by Vinny Valentine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scythe
The Goat

I have a suggestion. Much how the comic book forum has a Comic Book Questions thread, could we have a stickied Movie Questions thread? I know infinite answers lay somewhere in the internet, since we're on it, but still, the people here including myself, watch a ton of movies, know pletny of trivia and can answer simple things like "What's the plot of (insert movie here)?" Or "who starred in this old movie?" Just a thought, beep beep.

Old Post Mar 14th, 2010 05:42 AM
Scythe is currently offline Click here to Send Scythe a Private Message Find more posts by Scythe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

Old Post Mar 14th, 2010 05:49 AM
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Unlike most of us, Raz has a busy life outside of KMC. laughing out loud

Seriously, though, KMC is, indeed, in need of a re-boot, in a sense.

Consider this thread my attempt to help jump start it.
Might be a while, dude, I sent him the pm we talked about, the anything vs forum, still waiting for a reply.

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post Mar 14th, 2010 05:55 AM
Rogue Jedi is currently offline Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scythe
The Goat

That's so weird! I was thinking about that exact same video clip when I posted.

Old Post Mar 14th, 2010 06:00 AM
Scythe is currently offline Click here to Send Scythe a Private Message Find more posts by Scythe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

Originally posted by Scythe
I have a suggestion. Much how the comic book forum has a Comic Book Questions thread, could we have a stickied Movie Questions thread? I know infinite answers lay somewhere in the internet, since we're on it, but still, the people here including myself, watch a ton of movies, know pletny of trivia and can answer simple things like "What's the plot of (insert movie here)?" Or "who starred in this old movie?" Just a thought, beep beep.

I'd point everyone to IMDB.

Old Post Mar 14th, 2010 06:08 AM
LanceWindu is currently offline Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scythe
The Goat

Originally posted by LanceWindu
I'd point everyone to IMDB.

Or google, yeah, but you can only count on IMDB for some things. Like I couldn't remember a movie's title, other than Christian Bale was in it and the slight details of the plot, took me forever to find it on IMDB. There's craploads of comic book resource sites that have tons of information, but you ask a question in the CBQ thread, and bam! It gets results. People on there are very knowledgable.

Old Post Mar 14th, 2010 06:32 AM
LanceWindu

Originally posted by Scythe
Or google, yeah, but you can only count on IMDB for some things. Like I couldn't remember a movie's title, other than Christian Bale was in it and the slight details of the plot, took me forever to find it on IMDB. There's craploads of comic book resource sites that have tons of information, but you ask a question in the CBQ thread, and bam! It gets results. People on there are very knowledgable.

We have a thread for help with movie titles, but pretty much everything else you can find on IMDB.

Old Post Mar 14th, 2010 06:40 AM
LanceWindu is currently offline Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AsbestosFlaygon
The Original One

I agree with this move... as long as the comics and anime forums are separate.

And I agree that versus matches about comic or anime characters in movies should be put in their respective forum, and not the movie forum.

Also, I think the Star Wars forums should be merged into a unified forum.
The Star Wars TV series sub-forum should be a thread.

"Farewell, Damos... Ash, Pikachu... And you. All of my beloved." -- Arceus

Old Post Mar 14th, 2010 10:43 AM
AsbestosFlaygon is currently offline Click here to Send AsbestosFlaygon a Private Message Find more posts by AsbestosFlaygon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

The Star Wars forums I would have a hard time seeing merge, just because KMC was founded as a Star Wars forum before it branched out to all movies.

Old Post Mar 14th, 2010 04:07 PM
Jaeh
Possibly here.

it probably doesn't matter, but I support this.

carry on, and I'll just wait and see what happens.

HIS force be with you.

Old Post Mar 14th, 2010 04:31 PM
Jaeh is currently offline Click here to Send Jaeh a Private Message Find more posts by Jaeh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote